PDA

View Full Version : Flavour of the Week

Prowl_2009
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
What's the one piece you can't put down this week?

FansProject Warbot Defender, man this guy is awesome! Love everything about him! FansProject did an awesome job with him and if he is any indication of what to expect, I eagerly await the release of FansProject's Collector (Wreck-Gar) figure! :D

Icetron
05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Clone Wars Magnaguard (new version with cape)

Tkim87
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Figuarts Gills and Robot Damashii Eva 01

Prowl_2009
05-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Clone Wars Magnaguard (new version with cape)

That the one that is fully articulated? :confused:

Icetron
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
^ Yep

http://static.zooomr.com/images/9157178_85aa1763ba_b.jpg

racerguy76
05-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Ironman2 Warmachine 3 3/4 comic series.

Looks so cool.
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Prowl_2009
05-12-2010, 09:34 AM
^ Yep

http://static.zooomr.com/images/9157178_85aa1763ba_b.jpg

Nice! I've been hearing so many positive things about this new MegnaGuard, but have yet to find him in my area just yet. :(

pud333
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Not any one figure, but my 25th ann MOC joe collection. I pulled these out of storage the other day and I've been admiring the great card art and how amazing the figures look still packaged for a few days now. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when it comes to the 3.75" scale, there is nothing better than GI Joes.

Prowl_2009
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
^^ I say the same thing, but substitue G.I Joes for Star Wars. :p

SPLIT LIP
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Beast Wars figures.

I'm been going crazy looking for Metals Megatron.

Prowl_2009
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
This week for me is all about my Iron Man 2 6" Mark V! :cool: Man, this thing is awesome! Got one with really nice paint too, so it really sweetens the deal for me! :D

Mark V was always my favourite armor in the Iron Man comics when I was a kid, so it has some serious nestalgia value for me as well!

All this, plus great articulation and interesting accessories! Seriously, if you don't have this one, get it ASAP! :)

4/5 - The paint apps are sloppy and could be much better!

Icetron
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Nothing this week for me, imported toys aren't out until the end of the month and got exams again. :(

EDIT: Enjoying my Figuarts Gills and Venom + Classic Iron Man still. :p

Prowl_2009
05-26-2010, 08:59 AM
This week I am lov'n my newly aquired DCUC Wave 13 Jaimie Reyes Blue Beetle! :D

Coloration is awesome, the metallic blue and black look simply stunning on this figure and the attention to detail is phenomenal! The accessories are good too, the wings and additional blade work really well in making this Teen Titan's member really stand out from the crowd!

5/5, no question! :cool:

Icetron
05-26-2010, 03:07 PM
4" Movie War Machine, cool figure1

Tkim87
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
MU Red hulk for me.
just got itto give my soon to get hulk buster a "friend", but its a pretty cool figure.

pud333
05-27-2010, 12:39 AM
IM2 3.75" Mark V. Despite my initial reservations, I love this toy.

Prowl_2009
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Transformers Universe 2.0 Deluxe Dragstrip! :D Man, this guy is seriously posible! :D The paint apps and modes for this guy are just awesome! I dare say this was the best use of the sculpt and not Classics Mirage. :D

Wouldn't mind getting the first Gear of War set to spruce him up a bit though. :p

Perfect score! 5/5

Prowl_2009
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
DCUC Wave 6 Hawkman! Sculpt is awesome, the paint is flawless and those folding wings and accessories simply add to the figure's awesome factor! :D

Had this guy since March, but this week I just can't stop marveling at him, Hawkman really is That Good! :D

Another 5/5!

Icetron
06-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Figuarts!

Prowl_2009
06-17-2010, 11:31 AM
This week is all about my Star Wars: Legacy Collection Kyle Katarn / Yuzhan Vong Comic 2-pack! :D

An awesome set, plain and simple. The new Kyle is leaps and bounds over the POTF version released in 1998 and looks much better in sculpt and paint altogether. Love the fact he comes with a lightsaber and blaster that can be holstered away! :D

The Vong is BIG & BAD, no other way to put it and that nasty amphastaff just adds to the coolness factor. :cool: All in all, this set is totally wicked and well worth the money. They're getting harder to track down in the store, so if you see it, grab it. ;)

5/5

Darthscythe604
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
For me it's the Prince of Persia 3 3/4 figures. Love the details

Prowl_2009
06-23-2010, 02:54 PM
DC Universe Classics Wave 10 Batman. :D Yeah, it's the same sculpt as Series 1 from two years ago, but being a HUGE fan of the original Burton flick with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicolson, this Batman figure is the best rendition of Burton's take on the character you can get!

Love the fact this piece comes with, not only a Batarang, but also the Bat-Computer from Batman Returns, and it's quite detailed and further fits the Burton approach Mattel took with this figure!

One of the best, no doubt in my mind! :D

Easily 5/5

CardiacArrest
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
i would have to say the jonah hex figures, never knew anything about the charachter, comic, or movie, but im a sucker for cool looking western figures, and these are the shizzit!

Prowl_2009
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Yet another Star Wars comic pack for me this week: Featuring Fenn Shysa & Dengar, it features Marvel's Star Wars #68 and was released in 2008 on the blue and white cards as the sixth set in the series for that year. :D

Shysa looks awesome and I waited forever for a figure of the future Mandalore to be released! I always wanted one that would do him justice, and Hasbro, surpringly, delivered this time around! :D Sure, he's just a repaint of Evolutions Jango with a new head, but it works. The Dengar figure included in this set is awesome as well and I just love the comicesque coloration Hasbro did on him!

Two bad-ass bounty hunters for the price of one? Plus a free comic? This set is all kinds of win, if you ask me, and really, sets like these are what probably could've kept the Star Wars comic 2-packs going strong instead of fizzing out into extinction later this year.

Fenn Shysa & Dengar -5/5 :cool:

CTO15
06-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Catching up on MU figures for me.

pattycakeman
06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I've been opening my 3.75" collection the past week, and I can't get enough of ROC figures right now.. Not so much the early waves and the movie charaters but all the others are so top notch! Also been opening my MU I absolutely love moon knight and Venom.. Who cares that he has no knee articulation he looks so bad ass!

Darth Wave
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
believe it or not... but for me it's been Spudtrooper (Mr. Potato Head) I've been playing w/ my kid who loves that toy!

pud333
06-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I've been opening my 3.75" collection the past week, and I can't get enough of ROC figures right now.. Not so much the early waves and the movie charaters but all the others are so top notch! Also been opening my MU I absolutely love moon knight and Venom.. Who cares that he has no knee articulation he looks so bad ass!

IF you liked the later ROC waves, just wait for POC! That's really gonna be awesome.

Right now, my ROC Dragonhawk is getting lots of off shelf time. I love that thing. Though when my Revoltech Batman comes in the mail, chances are it may replace it as flavour of the week.

Prowl_2009
07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Transformers PCC Smolder is getting some serious love this week! Paint and sculpt is flawless, this is one bad ass looking Decepticon Commander. The colors are vibrant and beautiful on both Commander and, surprisingly, Mini-Con. Articulation is good for a figure of this size and he's bigger, heavier and seems better made than most Scout class pieces released by Hasbro. Honestly, Smolder is awesome and he looks totally wicked sittigng on my nightstand brandishing his Chopster Battle-Ax! :D

Hasbro has done it again!
PCC Smolder w/ Chopster easily score 5/5! :D

Prowl_2009
07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Transformers PCC Huffer is getting all the attention this week. Love the paint apps on this guy and the robot mode is a nice, updated throw-back to his G1 counterpart. He doesn't seem as solid as Smolder, but there really are no build quality issues with this piece that can't be overlooked. Alt mode is nice, would've prefered a Volvo HF-Globetrotter semi-truck cab to a 378 Peterbilt, but what are you gonna do? My only true grip with him is Caliburst. Such an akward weapon in all respects. Think Hasbro cut corners when they designed him. He's kind of annoying for anything else but Huffer's pulse rifle.

So all in all, nice paint, a good transformation and a great throwback to his G1 counterpart, but Caliburst needs some improvment as he is simply one of the most annoying and akward weapons ever made for this line. :rolleyes:

Recommended, but Caliburst is one seriously annoying Minicon. :rolleyes: 4/5

Prowl_2009
08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
DCUC Wave 5 Riddler, which I aquired thanks to board member Lars573, is getting all my attention this week! Love the sculpt and the paint is flawless and I am just lov'n that awesome cane Nygma carries around! :D

Can't find anything wrong with this figure other than I wish they'd given him red hair instead of black, similar to his BTAS counterpart, but like I am going to complain about something so minor with such an awesome figure! I now have an even greater appreciation for this version of the Riddler with the Silver Age Frank Gorshin version being released later this year.

Wave 5 Riddler is the deffinative, modern take on this classic Batman Rogue and so worth picking up! Thanks again, Lars573! Mr. Nygma kicks some serious ass! :cool:

5/5

pud333
08-23-2010, 03:17 AM
My POC Joes are getting lots of off shelf time, but so is my DCUC Superman now that I have Lex to slap him around with chunks of kryptonite.

JTCh
08-23-2010, 10:48 AM
WFC Optimus and BB:D

Prowl_2009
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
My Clone Wars Kul Teska is getting all the attention this week! For anyone who has yet to pick up this TRU exclusive, I highly recommend you do! He is massive and although his sole accessory is a display stand, he still comes with one seriously loaded battle suit with hidden rockets and a massive ion blaster arm! Plus, he is just MASSIVE! He's heads above the tallest Clone and is ready to bring some serious hurt to Republic Forces! :D He comes packaged in a beautiful window-style box and comes complete with also a stats card and game dice! He's a serious win! Hasbro chalks up another win in my books with this hulking Techno Union Scientists!

5/5 :cool:

Prowl_2009
09-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Classics Rodimus!

Never thought I'd be writing that, but I finally have! :D It took four long years before I was able to get my hands on this Autobot and let me tell ya, the wait was so worth it!

The Dome Zero alt mode with it's flame deco, darkened windows and rear spoiler are awesome! It was one of those concept cars any car nut wanted to see put into production (or at least those that were present at the 1978 Tokoyo Auto Show :p ).

Robot mode is flawless and really does the character of Hot Rod some justice! Love how the tailpipe converts into his weapon and the head sculpt is spot on!

A BIG 5/5 for Classics Rodimus! Both modes are flawless and accurate and, although it took four years to get my hands on him, I'd certainly say he was worth the wait! :cool:

pud333
09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Really digging the HA Barricade and HA Jazz. Particularly Jazz. His visor gimmick is pretty cool. Probably best HA since Bumblebee. Also really digging my wave 2 POC figures. And I finally opened my SDCC Lotso, and that thing ROCKS! He's just a giant carebear. The flocking is cool, but your fingers smell like strawberries after handling him. My whole toy room smells like strawberry cereal now.

MisBio12
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Halo reach emile. Its one hell of a step up from prevouis waves.THe
painting details of the figure are amazing. And the articulation is great.I highly recommed it for any collecter or fans of halo

Prowl_2009
09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Clone Wars Pre Vizsla! Everything about this figure, from his removable helmet to his cloth cape, from his dark saber to the color scheme on his armor, rocks hard! Dare I say he is one of the best, if not the best, figures to come out of this Star Wars line thus far! :D

He's well articulated and the sculpt is great and it sure is nice to have a new Mando to add to the collection, as I sure many of my vod out there will agree to! :cool:

Yet another 5/5 for this Mando Commando! :D

Now to get some Mandalorian Warriors to join their commander in battle! Highly recommended piece! Get it as soon as you can! :) You will not be disappointed! :D

CTO15
09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
just MU and IM2 figures.

I just got multiple man yesterday, I really wish he had a coat

Super_Megatron
09-08-2010, 11:22 AM
DCUC. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot on these figures at AFX this year.

pattycakeman
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
trying to track down a MP grimlock at retail is my next goal. I love having TFs in scale with 1:18 figures.

Evan
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
MOTUC Whiplash just arrived. I can't decide which head I like better.

RyDel
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
My Sideshow Exclusive 12" Coruscant Clone should be arriving tomorrow by FedEx.

*waits in anticipation*

pud333
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
My Roy Focker Valkyrie.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/IMG_2287.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/IMG_2284.jpg

This thing is... amazing. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it last week. Wow. Was so excited about this, I just had to say a few things about it:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5448

Prowl_2009
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
MP-Grimlock! Sure, he's not the Takara version, not by a long shot, but for his price point he is a can't miss! Dinosaur mode looks great and is a real throw back to his Classic G1 self! The chrome looks great and the addition of the Dinobot crown of leadership is staggeringly cool! :D

Robot mode is sweet and I love the addition of the blaster and light-up sword. Everything about this toy is awesome, and while I am not a huge fan of the head-swivel gimmick on this guy, I can seriously overlook it for what I got! :D

I mean, you can even change his eye color depending on whether your preferance is the Transformers comic version of Grimlock or the G1 cartoon! :D

Not the easiest piece to get out of his box, be careful when pulling him out of the plastic tray within, but when all is said and done, this is an amazing Transformer. He's not easy to track down, but when, and if you do, grab him!

If you're looking for a bargin, or just don't have the much more expensive, allbeit, more elaborite Takara version, get the TRU Exclusive MP-Grimlock! You won't be disappointed!!! :D

5/5 Easy. :cool:

Scrapper6
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM
While fiddling with Pre Vizsla from my recent (IE Yesterday's SW Purchase) SW CW Purchase I discovered that he even has wrist joints that allow him to pose his wrists in certain ways. WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN COLLECTING CLONE WARS FIGURES BEFORE NOW!??? :doh:

And he's my first Mandalorian Based Character since I sold off my Power of the Force Boba Fett a few years back. Are they all going to be this cool?

IG-88 is fun to fiddle with too, for a droid, my motto is this, you can never have too many Clones or Droids. Bring on the Clone Wars Collecting Fun. :clapping:

Prowl_2009
09-28-2010, 11:00 AM
This week is all about Star Wars: Saga Legends (2010) Bossk! :D As a kid, I had the POTF2 version from 1997 and I have to say this new take on the galaxies most famous Trandoshan is leaps and bounds better than the original.

The sculpt on the new figure is superb, a spot-on ringer for his TESB counterpart. The detailing, even down to the scales is phenomenal. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the POTF2 original, but next to this new update, the 1998 Bossk looks like the Gorn from Star Trek.

Saga Legends (2010) Bossk comes complete with a grenade launcher as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging similar to what Hasbro did with their Evolutions sets from 2007. These extra surprises include four small hand blasters, a large rifle and what appear to be ion cannons. He also has a stats card, dice and stand. The old Bossk came with a blaster pistol and rifle, similar to the weapons he carried around in TESB, but there was quite a serious lack of detail. Where new Bossk's weapons contain detail going down to the shoulder straps being made in a different color, the old weapons were a boring and flat grey.

Saga Legends 2010 Bossk also has some excellent articulation, which of course allows for some excellent posibility. Old Bossk has the standard 5-points, but I will not hold that against a 13 year old figure that was totally awesome for its time.

So, all in all, Saga Legends 2010 Bossk is leaps and bounds over the original. While I will say, for it's time, there was nothing wrong with POTF2 Bossk, it's truly nothing compared to this amazing update! :cool:

Get him when you can, he usually only ships about one per case along with the new version of IG-88 and doesn't stay on the pegs long.

5/5 :cool:

NOTE: Check out the comparison pictures down below...

CTO15
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Marvel universe Wave 9/10

Prowl_2009
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
This week, perhaps due to the fact that I am reading Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, another Saga Legends (2010) Star Wars bounty hunter has gotten my attention : Everyone's favourite Rodian - Greedo! As a kid, I had many oppertunities to get the POTF2 version from 1996, but never did. It wasn't that I didn't like the figure, because I did, and still do. He just wasn't very high on my toy list back then. However, when this new Greedo was announced by Hasbro to be included in the 2010 line-up, he moved right up to one of my Top 10 for the year! :D Seriously, he's that awesome!

The sculpt on the new figure is again, leaps and bounds ahead of the POTF2 version and a spot-on ringer for his ANH counterpart. And the addition of that soft-goods vest makes him that much cooler in my books! :D The paint is good, I've seen tonnes of these over the last few months and have only ever seen one with a major paint flaw. And I love how vibrent the paint on the new Greedo is, it's a real nice shade of green compared to the 'brocolli soup' colored version from '96. :p

Saga Legends Greedo comes complete with his trusty Blaster Pistol as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging, as they are doing with all the SL figures this year. These extra surprises include five hand blasters and a Rodian Blaster Rifle. He also has a functional holster as well as a stats card, dice and stand - just like all the other 2010 SL pieces. POTF2 Greedo came with a blaster pistol and Rodian Blaster Rifle, even though we never saw him with the latter in ANH and again, although the toy was good for its time, the detail was sorely lacking, allbeit, not to the extent of POTF2 Bossk. :p

Also, like all the newly updated characters being released these days, Greedo has some excellent articulation that has been vastily improved upon over Old Greedo and the standard 5-points from back in the day. Still, POTF2 Greedo was awesome for its time and as such, I don't want to make it out to be a bad figure, because it isn't.

So, to sum it all up, Saga Legends 2010 Greedo is simply awesome and vastily superior over the original. Again, there is nothing wrong with the original, but Hasbro's update really is that good. :D

He shouldn't be too hard to find, so get him when you can!

5/5

Scrapper6
10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
This week, perhaps due to the fact that I am reading Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, another Saga Legends (2010) Star Wars bounty hunter has gotten my attention : Everyone's favourite Rodian - Greedo! As a kid, I had many oppertunities to get the POTF2 version from 1996, but never did. It wasn't that I didn't like the figure, because I did, and still do. He just wasn't very high on my toy list back then. However, when this new Greedo was announced by Hasbro to be included in the 2010 line-up, he moved right up to one of my Top 10 for the year! :D Seriously, he's that awesome!

The sculpt on the new figure is again, leaps and bounds ahead of the POTF2 version and a spot-on ringer for his ANH counterpart. And the addition of that soft-goods vest makes him that much cooler in my books! :D The paint is good, I've seen tonnes of these over the last few months and have only ever seen one with a major paint flaw. And I love how vibrent the paint on the new Greedo is, it's a real nice shade of green compared to the 'brocolli soup' colored version from '96. :p

Saga Legends Greedo comes complete with his trusty Blaster Pistol as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging, as they are doing with all the SL figures this year. These extra surprises include five hand blasters and a Rodian Blaster Rifle. He also has a functional holster as well as a stats card, dice and stand - just like all the other 2010 SL pieces. POTF2 Greedo came with a blaster pistol and Rodian Blaster Rifle, even though we never saw him with the latter in ANH and again, although the toy was good for its time, the detail was sorely lacking, allbeit, not to the extent of POTF2 Bossk. :p

Also, like all the newly updated characters being released these days, Greedo has some excellent articulation that has been vastily improved upon over Old Greedo and the standard 5-points from back in the day. Still, POTF2 Greedo was awesome for its time and as such, I don't want to make it out to be a bad figure, because it isn't.

So, to sum it all up, Saga Legends 2010 Greedo is simply awesome and vastily superior over the original. Again, there is nothing wrong with the original, but Hasbro's update really is that good. :D

He shouldn't be too hard to find, so get him when you can!

5/5

Why does that pic show a General Grievous card instead of Greedo's? :confused:

Prowl_2009
10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Can't seem to put Generations Thrust down this week, and for good reason! :D

This guy is amazing! The beautiful maroon and black paint used on him, plus the most impressive F-15 Eagle sculpt and beautiful robot mode make you think you're literally holding the character straight out of the G1 cartoon! Love the additions of firing missles and interchangable thrusters as well and his face sculpt and paint are simply incredible! :D

I've tried and honestly can't find anything wrong with this guy, with the exception of a stress mark here or there, but other than that, he's pretty flawless overall.

I've been waiting longingly for a G1-updated Thrust, especially after how disappointed I was with the way he was molded for 2009's Revenge of the Fallen toyline last summer! :rolleyes: Yeah, I know, I know, a lot of fans liked the guy, thought it was a nice modern take on the classic character, but I am sorry, that version simply was not the awesome Decepticon conehead I had grown to love throughout my youth and just will not do. No matter what the card said, that was not Thrust! It's also really great to have another member of the second seeker team to team up with poor Classics Ramjet.

I say that because Ramjet was released in 2006 alongside the likes of Rodimus, Grimlock, Cliffjumper and Mirage and has been waiting 4 long years to have a wing-man. Now, after what seemed like an eternity to this fan, finally the wait is over! :D Plus, with Dirge being released in a few short months to mass retail, it only makes sense to grab Thrust while you can, you know, before he's gone from stores and his market value rockets upward and you forever kick yourself for not getting Thrust when you had the chance. :p

Seriously, if you're a seeker or conehead fan, it's been four years since the last one and soon you'll have the oppertunity to add all 3 to your Decepticon army! :) Thrust is an intergral, and must have, part of any Transformers fan's collection and no fan should be without him! His paint is flawless and there is certainly nothing wrong with either of his transformation modes. Hasbro won with this one, and believe it or not, I hear Dirge is going to be even better! ;)

So, final thoughts, Thrust is awesome and a need for any G1 or seeker fan, that's all there is to it. Seriosuly, get him while you can, Generations Thrust will not disappoint and will look oh-so-good displayed alongside his seeker buddies in the coming months! :cool:

No doubt about it here: 5/5

aznpnoy
10-21-2010, 05:35 PM
For me, it's ROC snake eyes and baroness :D these figs are well done. I'm glad that they were on sale as I wouldn't have picked them up if they were regular price.

pud333
10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Back to playing with my Super Powers figures. Love these things.

Prowl_2009
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Generations Drift is getting every last bit of attention I can spare this week, and, like last weeks Generations Thrust, for good reason!

First off, Drift is one of the coolest Autobots to come around in the last little while, I mean, he's an Autobot Samuari, how cool is that? A former Decepticon who changed sides, he was made strictly for the IDW Transformers comic book series and became one of those characters that you either love or hate.

He's got two amazing modes! The white and red coloration is beautiful and has no smudges or runs whatsoever. He's got an excellent robot mode and comes complete with a large katana-esque sword and two smaller knifes that store away on his hipes. He's very well articulated, which allows for some amazing action poses, my favourite being one where he has his katana raised overhead, ready to slash any Decepticon to scrap! :cool:

His alt mode is a cross between a Nissan Silvia S-15 and slightly old school Mitsubishi FTO and the combination just works! Love how the windows are see-through and that Hasbro even went so far as to paint his rims in silver paint! Trust me, little details like this go a very long way on a Deluxe Class Transformer. ;)

He contains some Japanese writing, the character for Drift is stenciled on the doors and the katana features characters which seem to be translated as "Best in the World," or "Unriveled," not 100% sure, but that is what most sites on the net are saying anyways. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this guy is totally awesome and worth picking up. In my opinion, he is the Must Have from Generations Wave 1, not only because he's just that cool, but also because he's a character we've not seen a lot of and this is his first plastic offering ever and it really is that cool! :D Prime, Thrust and Bumblebee have been done over many times over the past 26 years, but Drift is literally a breath of fresh air if you ask me!

So, to sum it up, this guy is awesome! Wicked robot mode, sweet alt mode, love the accessories and the articulation is killer! Plus, he's an Autobot Samuari for crying out loud! He was considered one of the deadliest Decepticons on Cybertron and he now works for the good guys! How cool is that!??! :eek: You owe it to yourself to pick this guy up, I was far from disappointed, and I doubt you will be.

He's still readily available today, there really isn't a Toys R Us, Zellers or Wal-Mart that doesn't have him, so grab him while he's still plentiful. With the Blurr repaint looming on the horizon, Drift may become very scarce very fast, so don't linger. If you see him, grab him!

Thanks Hasbro for another great offering from your Generations line and giving us something new in the form of Autobot Drift! ;)

5/5

Prowl_2009
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Continuing the Transformers theme of the past few weeks, I am stuck on a slightly older figure, 2008's Universe Cyclonus, a figure that has been considered one of the top 10 best Transformers toys of the last decade!

First off, Alt mode is beyond awesome! It's perfectly colored to match his G1 counterpart and seriously, is there anything cooler than a Cybertronian Jet? I doubt it! The overall sculpt of the alt mode is, to be perfectly blunt, beautiful! Everything from wings to thrusters, from nose cone to the tinted red windows screams G1 and really shows Hasbro took their time on this one!

Robot mode is no less exciting! It's truly beautiful and features superb paint and sculpting. The face looks spot-on to his G1 counterpart and he has lots of articulation for some great posses! The addition of Targetmaster Nightstick was a really nice touch with this figure and shows what Hasbro is capable of when they really put their minds to something. Nightstick transforms from weapon to robot mode and both are very nice, although most fan's will no doubt opt to keep him in his weapon mode to display Cyclonus in some dynamic battle pose.

So, great alt and robot mode with nice paint, sculpting, articulation and transformation! There really is nothing wrong with this figure and it is surprising to think that the company that gave us this awesome piece of plastic also gave us the likes of Universe Galvatron :mad: . Easily one of, if not the best of the Deluxe Class figures from the Universe 2.0 line from 2008. You owe it to yourself to pick this bad boy up! Mind you, as with most of the Universe 2.0 figures, they aren't exactly widely available through retail these days, forcing many to cave and purchase the figure for rather high prices on eBay and Amazon. However, Cyclonus really is that good and with the Challenge at Cybertron set recently released, one can get their hands on this Decepticon lutenient, along with the ever awesome Rodimus and Galvatron :mad: once again!

It's been 20-years since G1 Cyclonus saw an update and this figure truly was worth the wait! If you're a Transformers fan, this one needs to be in your collection without question! Hopefully, if you don't have him yet and refuse to pay eBay prices, you won't have to wait another 20-years for another update. And even if you do, who's to say it'll be as awesome as this one!??! :D

Thanks Hasbro, you've proven once again that you're capable of some truly awesome Transformers and given an awesome G1 character his due, and then some, after a 20-year wait!

5/5

Prowl_2009
11-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Finally, I had some time to myself this week and so, continuing once again with the Transformers theme from the past few weeks, I finally got around to examining my Hunt for the Decepticons Tomahawk and once again, this is another winner from Hasbro!

The alt mode is awesome! Based off the Boeing AH-64 Apache, it's black in color and features twin spring loaded missiles, rotating blades, a molded cockpit and loads of detail. This helicopter alt mode is perhaps the best in a Transformers line to date. In my opinion, it is vastly superior to the likes of other Deluxe sized helicopter Transformers like movie-verse Blazemaster and Evac, plus, it's kind of nice and refreshing to see a Transformer who turns into a heavily armed military based chopper and not another search and rescue based Bell 412. Showing that, even though Tomahawk wears the Autobot insignia, he's not afraid to take the fight to the Decepticons, ala movie-verse Breakaway!

Robot mode is as impressive as the helicopter mode. It's simple and features lots of articulation and a transformation that really isn't all that complex. Tomahawk sports almost a pilot helmet face, including a visor, and the missile launchers relocate to just above his shoulders, giving him the firepower he needs when in robot mode.

All in all, I must say this is one of the best figures to come out of the movie-verse Hunt for the Decepticons line. Both modes are very nice and nothing is too brittle or complex that you find yourself frustrated with the figure overall. Detail is nice as are the action features, allbeit, we've seen spring-loaded missiles a million times prior to this figure. And again, I honestly think what sets this guy apart from other Autobots is the fact that this is a military based alt mode, something that you just really wouldn't expect to see all that often, with a few exceptions, amongst the Autobot ranks. He's just plain awesome and is something that really fells new and refreshing.

Mind you, this guy, along with his wave mate Terradive, is not the easiest figure to track down. I have only ever seen one in my area and I was able to grab both him and Terradive at the $9.86 Wal-Mart sale price a few weeks back. Since then, I haven't seen him. According to some of the people I talked to at Wal-Mart and TRU, Tomahawk and Terradive don't come in huge numbers per case and they really don't stay on the shelves long. One guy even admitted to opening a case right off the truck and removing the sole Tomahawk and Terradive they'd gotten for his collection. :rolleyes:

So, point being, he's rare. If you see him, it's in your best intrests to grab him without a second thought. This was another clear winner from Hasbro in a line I've not been too thrilled about overall. Nothing to be disappointed about here, Tomahawk is a clear winner. If you're a movie-verse or Transformers fan in general, this is a must have for you!

5/5

CTO15
11-25-2010, 02:01 PM
right now its either Marvel Legends Figures or DC Universe.

I'm so happy my DCUC and ML collection growing once again

Scrapper6
12-03-2010, 11:41 AM
My current Flavor of the Week, nay year, consists of LEGO. Not one thing, just, EVERY SET I OWN! They've taken over the Star Wars display area, the GIJoe Display area, the TRANSFORMERS display area, they're looking ready to take over even the entire Display area at this rate.

It gets to me most often around this time of year, the urge to build and build and have Mini-Figure battling Mini-Figure... One can never get enough of LEGO, be it Star Wars, Castle, Pirates, Space Police, Power Miners, City, Bionicle/Bionicle Stars, Atlantis or Batman. (Why, WHY CAN'T I HAVE MORE THAN TWO SETS OF LEGO BATMAN!)

I will accrue even more LEGO in December and January, possibly February and then most likely peter out or return to Transformers. Either way it's all LEGO all the time. Now I just got to find a way to get some more spending $$$ for more LEGO.

Prowl_2009
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Finally breaking free of the Transformers hold of the past few weeks, this week is all about DC Universe Classics Wave 8 - Dr. Fate, who is quite possibly one of the greatest figures to be released in the entire DCUC line to date!

The sculpt is very nice and has simple, yet eye catching paint applications that really work on this figure. The Four Horsemen even went so far as to make sure Fate's ears and neck were painted in a separate flesh color to add to the overall nice appearance of this figure. Love the sculpt of Fate's helmet with the small eye slits, and the cape, although made of a much harder plastic than I would've liked, still looks great and just simply works on this figure.

Fate is full of articulation, as are most of the characters released in this hugely popular Mattel line, making him capable of some awesome stance and overall posses. Each joint on the figure is given full range of motion, making him very easy to pose and while some joints aren't all that well hidden, nothing stands out all that much and nothing is loose or sticks, which is a huge relief.

The figure comes with a rather simple, yet affective, clear yellow energy construct which attatches to the fingers on his left hand. Although it can only be used on his left, since his right hand is closed in a fist, again, it works and really adds to the value and quality of the figure. Trust me, it's worked for Hasbro's Star Wars line for years and does the same for this Mattel brand in a very big way!

So, final thoughts, Dr. Fate is one of the oldest characters in DC Comics history and while he's got a 70+ year appearance on him, it works really well for this butt kicking magician and JSA member! The Four Horsemen did an excellent job with him by way of paint and sculpt and the added nicity of the energy construct and his loads of full range articulation make him a must have for any diehard DC fan! He's rather pricey nowadays, thanks largely in part to the characters numerous appearances in the Justice League and, more recently, Smallville television shows, but trust me when I say he's worth it! Many DCUC figures seem to fall either into a hit (DCUC Wave 6 Hawkman / DCUC Wave 10 Joker) or miss (DCUC Wave 12 Eclipso / DCUC Wave 15 Kamandi) category and Fate is a hit, BIG TIME!!!

Dr. Fate may have been around since 1940, but, at least in the case of this figure, is proof that some things really do get better with age!

5/5 here, good job Mattel!

Prowl_2009
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
My buddy picked me up both versions of The Clone Wars ARF Trooper last week, but it's the newer camo version, as seen in the Clone Wars movie from 2008, that has been getting most of my attention out of the two lately.

Basically, this figure is the exact same as the ARF Trooper released back in 2010's Wave 7 Clone Wars line, but with a camofloge deco applied to his armor. Something I've always loved since this line went to retail is the shear number of different Clone Troopers we have to chose from, and the ARF Trooper is one such choice that is just so very awesome!

He features all the standard articulation we've come to expect from this line and was actually one of the first Clone Wars figures to include ball-hinged hips, which enables him to do some great battle stance type poses when the mood strikes you. Although, since he comes complete with a massive chaingun, how else would you want to display your ARF's (Advanced Recon Fighters) but in a wicked cool battle stance? :D

As mentioned, these guys come complete with a large chaingun, which includes a spring loaded missile which loads into the front centre of the large weapon. It fires well, but looks kind of cheesy when on display, so you may opt to just have your ARF with his chain gun minus the missile, and believe me when I say it is a vast improvment when on display. He also comes complete with a smaller DC-15 blaster pistol, which seems kind of useless considering he comes with the larger weapon, but I guess every clone needs some sort of secondary weapon to fall back on when on the battlefield - you never know what could happen. :p

As mentioned at the outset of this review, this figure is the exact same to the Wave 7 ARF Trooper just with a different paint job, but it's such a nice deco you can't help but want to pick one up...or two...or three. He's quite a bit harder to track down than the regular ARF and that figure eluded me for almost six months, so you can guess this ARF isn't the easiest figure to track down. However, if you do, I highly recommend you grab him. He's really nice and is sure to please.

So, camo deco, chaingun and loads of articulation...Hasbro scores another winner in their hugely successful Clone Wars line with this newly released take on the Advanced Recon Fighter Clone Trooper. Not the easiest to track down, like most of reviews for some reason, :p , but he'll look great situated amongst your clone army once you do!

5/5 - Nice one Hasbro, proving some times all a figure needs to make it that much cooler is a simple paint change! :cool:

pud333
12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
DCUC baby! Well, specifically Darkseid and Clayface. In an alternate universe, they're best friends. :D

CTO15
12-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Hot Toys Iron Man figures.

what an expensive flavour to be locked on

pud333
12-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Revoltech optimus prime, hi-metal Vf-1j Valkyrie. Haven't put these guys down all week!

Prowl_2009
01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
I've got to say, I love DC Universe Classics Wave 7 Flash, he's easily one of the coolest pieces from the line and the series as a whole! This week, I can't seem to put the Scarlet Speedster down!

His paint is beautifully applied! The red, yellow and white colors look great on this figure and the small details like the lightening bolt decal and lightening trim around his wrists and waist are very neatly done, showing the Four Horsemen really took their time with this one. The flesh tone on the face looks very clean and natural, and the eyes are neatly done and look just great!

The sculpt is standard and what you'd come to expect if you're a collector of this popular Mattel toyline. However, it features some nice attention to detail, such as the wings on his cowl and the lightening bolt extensions on his boots. And, although he is missing the ball-ankles and mid-foot hinges, this figure is full of articulation that, although it could've been improved upon, still works well and allows for some good poses regardless.

He has nothing in the way of accessories, and comes with a display stand, but this figure is just so awesome, you'll literally be more than willing to overlook these short comings.

All in all, this figure quickly sped into my heart as one of my favourites overall from the DC Universe Classics line. Sure he has nothing in the way of accessories and his articulation could've been, and kind of needed to be, slightly better, but Barry Allen is simply flawless. He's got a great sculpt, paint job and overall attention to detail that make the Flash one of those figures that is simply hard not to love!

5/5 for this awesome toy!

Nice one Mattel, Flash is so awesome that the small flaws contained within are so easily overlooked! They did Barry Allen some serious justice and he's sure to become one of your favourites if you're a DC or Flash fan in general! :cool:

CTO15
01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Hot Toys IM figures, got another one this week. Good bye money, I'll miss you

Prowl_2009
02-04-2011, 09:43 PM
It's always nice to be able to crash on a Friday night after a busy work week. Earlier today, my GLC Kyle Rayner showed up in the mail and I've got to say....this figure is awesome! And, dare I say the best addition to the Green Lantern Corps thus far? Maybe not in everyone's mind, after all, most DC Fans think of Hal Jordan when they hear Green Lantern, but if you, like me, were a child of the 90's, Rayner was your Green Lantern.

As usual, Rayner sports the usual and expected articulation most of the better DCUC figures have, allowing for some really dynamic poses. Nothing is hindered and his range of motion is vast and adds to his overall awesomeness. The paint on the sculpt is very crisp and clean and has nothing in the way of runs or splotches. The colors run togther flawlessly and I still say the way Mattel sculpts and paints their power rings is leaps and bounds ahead of what DC Direct is doing.

He has some nice sculpted detail as well that goes beyond the ring, but the one that really stands out is his mask. It's raised slightly and features the Green Lantern white-out eyes, something I've come to really appreciate in the DCUC line, especially since the recently released Hal Jordan / Sinestro pack, when someone over in Mattel's design department decided to give Hal eyes peaked out of his mask, something that just looked really odd in my opinion. In any case, Rayner doesn't have that problem, again, adding to his overall awesomeness.

Aside from an awesome sculpt and paint job, Rayner also shines in the accessories department, where a lot of DCUC figures fail. Rayner comes complete with a newly styled lantern battery, which was sculpted and painted to resemble Rayner's lantern in the comic books. However, Mattel also gave the figure an energy construct, that of a gaunlet and sword. It fits well over his ring hand and, although the sword seems a bit bigger then it should have been, it looks great and adds to the figures playability.

So, to sum it up, if you only get one piece from the first wave of the Green Lantern Classics line, make it Kyle Rayner. He's a shining example of what Mattel and The Four Horsemen are truly capable of and gains points in all the areas that it counts for a DCUC figure.

I've said it about a lot of these figures, but I will say it once again, GET THIS FIGURE. This is one every true DC and Green Lantern fan needs in their collection. He won't disappoint, trust me. Bare in mind however, Rayner is the most popular figure in this wave and the one fans were most looking forward to when he was unvailed at last year's SDCC, so he's not exactly warming the pegs. eBay is a good option for grabbing this figure below retail value for CDN collectors due to the strength of our dollar over the US, or you can ask your local TRU stockboy to check in the back room, where at least one or two seem to be hiding!

5/5 Mattel deserves every bit of credit for this awesome piece! Hopefully he's an indication of what's to come from this popular collector line!

Scrapper6
02-05-2011, 02:09 PM
:clapping: Yay, a new flavor of the week to report...

Ahem...

:o

Anyway :p My current flavor of the week is MLP Twilight Sparkle, because she's cute, she's a fun cheap little piece of plastic and she appeases the feminine side of my male ego. (Sometimes you just want to brush some hair... Or at least this guy does, don't know why, but I've always been a little fascinated with a woman's hair and so I have this urge to just reach out and touch it, but people often misinterpret such things and so we must resort to using dolls and such for our wierd fetishes.)

UGH, what is making me say this? Eh, whatever, I'm comfortable with myself and 95% of you will never know who I am outside of a faceless name on a message board.

For all those who do know me personally, no this is not a cry for help and no I am not a wierdo freak. :rofl:

Er, but I do have to admit the scale of these newer ponies makes for much easier collecting and storing, true they aren't as small as the Ponyville stuff I picked up during G3 Era, but they are still relatively inexpensive and roughly equivalent to 3 3/4 inch figures when it comes to storage space and shelf space.

The design is fairly love it or hate it type, I mean if you're more used to some of the older stuff you might think these ponies look a tad... Slimed down? Anorexic? Perhaps even Sexified. Personally I just see cute adorable little multi-colored ponies.

The Playful Ponies assortment includes a saddle and a small animal friend that can ride in same. Twilight Sparkle includes a pink owl with purple hair and tail feathers, which is kind of strange because I would have thought a version of Spike would be more logical to include with her.

Her mane is reversed, there's more pink than purple compared to the cartoon's interpretation of her where her mane is mostly purple with a streak of pink running down it. I suspect this is due to preliminary artwork that Hasbro may have based her on... Although it could just be an aesthetic choice.

Her tail isn't what I thought it would be... I mean it's not a huge thing it's just a thin line of hair that matches her mane color wise... When did this turn into a review... *SHRUGS* Meh, whatever.

If you are into diverse looking ponies or trying to conserve space the new Friendship is Magic collection is definitely a good place to start.

If on the other hand you're pure G1 or GEEWUN to borrow a popular catch phrase from another fandom, then perhaps these ponies aren't for you.

I on the other hand, dare I say it, shall prove to be a completist in my endeavors once again, for the sake of having a small smattering of ponies... Now Hasbro, where is our Jem and the Holograms Revival your Trademarking department seems to have sort of promised to us? Hmmmm? I mean correct me if I'm wrong, didn't they re-trademark the Jem and the Holograms properties/names for their use at some point? And if they don't use them then they could forfeit them?

Plus I want some 3 3/4 inch Jem action figures and playsets to add to my Joe collection. Although that might prove difficult since Jem 3 3/4 inch figures wouldn't be able to include a wardrobe accessory ensemble like dolls.

Where is Jem! We want Jem... Well ok, I want Jem, but that's beside the point, I want at least one of each main character from all of the cartoons I collect/enjoy, which means I want Cobra Commander, the Corsican Twins, Doctor Mindbender, Destro, the Baroness, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, He-Man, She-Ra, Hordak, Skeletor, Lion-O, Cheetara, Braveheart Lion, Good Luck Bear, that Care Bear Cousin Penguin and... Uh... Oh right, Jem. And lest we forget Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, General Grievous, Luke Skywalker, LEGO stuff and the entire 3 3/4 inch Sonic the Hedgehog collection.

Cartoons truly make you want to collect the characters, I just hope Teletoon Retro doesn't bring back Cadilacs and Dinosaurs, I couldn't take anymore collections right now.

Mattycollector.com, ARGH, I despise you too.

Prowl_2009
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
This week, I am back on the Star Wars: Clone Wars wagon with one of the figures that was most anticipated for the sixth line of 2010 - Embo...

Seriously, this figure is all kinds of win! I am literally struggling to find something wrong with this figure, but I just can't.

The sculpt and paint are quite flawless and does an amazing job paying homage to the character's animated counterpart. The light, mossy green color of Embo is quite nice and I have yet to see an Embo figure that has anything in the way of paint runs or flaws. His eyes are sharp and focused and add a real nice sense of seriousness to the character that I really like. Whenever I look at or handle the figure, every time I look into those eyes, it's as if Embo is saying: "You Wanna Screw with ME!?!" and I just love it!

His detail is also very nice. The shield hat features some nice ware and tare, showing that Embo is no stranger to the bounty hunting trade. It's dented and chared in spots and further adds to Embo's realism, regardless of the fact Hasbro released him in their Clone Wars line. The wrist gaunlets feature nice rivetted detail and the copper color they were painted is truly a thing of beauty. The cloth kama also features some nice gold patterned trimming that just adds to the overall must have factor behind this figure. Plus, he has the addition of chest armor and a bandolire that further show this is one serious contender in the bounty hunting business.

His articulation is very nice and allows for quite a few different dynamic poses! I tried out a few and I couldn't really find one this figure couldn't pull off. From standing still, to battle stance and everything in between, Embo seems to be able to do it all. As with all figures in the Clone Wars line, Embo includes a display stand if needed, but he has such a descent stance that, if you're thinking you'll need the stand to keep him up in some of his poses, you'd be wrong. I fiddled with his poses for well over half an hour and he was able to pull them all off, allbeit, with some slight munipulation, without any major issues.

Accessories is another area where this figure really shines. As mentioned above, he has a shield hat, chest armor and bandolire. All three of these pieces are all removeable if the desire strikes you. He also comes complete with a bowcaster, which features moveable crossbow parts that can be folded in or spread apart for greater distance. The crossbow parts are also removeable and the whole assembly can also be clipped onto the back of Embo's bandolire when not in use. A pair of throwing knives are also included to add to the figures playability, although no sheaths are included to allow the knives to be stored, which I suppose would be my only true gripe about this awesome figure.

So, an awesome sculpt with great detail and paint, over thirteen points of articulation allowing for some awesome range of motion and posibility and a slew of awesome accessories make this badass bounty hunter a major win in my book. If you're a fan of the Clone Wars show, or a fan of Star Wars diverse group of bounty hunters, Embo belongs in your collection! If this review has not convinced you that Embo is a must have for any real Star Wars fan, then go check out the Season 2 episode Bounty Hunters and watch Embo in action. If you're still not convinced, then perhaps you're not the Star Wars fan you once thought you were! :p

This figure is all kinds of win! Hasbro easily gets 5/5 for this one! Embo is easily one of the best figures of 2010 and of the entire Clone Wars line as a whole!

ARROW
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
This week, its POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes.
I've had him for a while now, but I went into my storage boxes and found the very first 25th Anniversary boxed set Snake Eyes and snagged the explosives satchel to put it on the new figure.

......And loverly it is. The detail, combined with the poseablity of the figure just has it in my hands to fiddle with a couple of times a day lately.

Prowl_2009
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Back on the DCUC band wagon, this week with their Green Lantern Classics subline, more specifically, a piece I was very excited about the Manhunter Robot....

Being a fan of the Justice League cartoon, I always had a soft spot for the Manhunters when growing up. This was the second piece I got from Mattel's first GLC line, and believe me when I say he wasn't hard to find. Finally got around to opening up this guy after about three weeks or so, which I paid below retail for thanks to the strength of the CDN dollar, and I've got to say, he really is worth every penny!

The sculpt on this piece is very nice! It's the standard thin, male body we've seen many times since this lines launch, but he consists of enough new pieces to make him really stand out. His forearms contain some nicely detailed and painted braces, and his boots too are complex and match the rest of this figure well! The paint apps are superbe! Plain and simple! Nothing in the way of paint runs here, he's crisp and clean from head to toe! The paint scheme is both simple, yet quite striking and the three major colors on this figure really blend together well for quite an eyecatching piece.

Articulation is normal to DCUC figures, however, limited with this piece in certain spots. Due to the headpiece being glued in place, Manhunter's head can rotate, but only slightly. Also, because of the arm braces, his elbow movement is limited as well. His ankles and thighs can be tight, so work them carefully as you don't want to break anything. He'll free up eventually, just be careful.

Accessories are minimal, but cool nonetheless. He comes with a Manhunter power battery, which is much bulkier than the standard batteries Green Lantern's use thropughout the comics. It's painted and nicely detailed to match its comic counterpart and the handle is moveable. Other than that, he also comes with the torso to the C&C Arkillo figure and a set of 3D glasses to be used while playing the Green Lantern online game.

So, to basically sum things up, I love this piece regardless of its flaws. The paint is gorgeous and the changes to the sculpt work so well. He's so nicely detailed from head to toe and his accessory(ies) are fitting for the character. I highly recommend him regardless of any faults. They're minimal and the figure is just so awesome! Mattel did some great work on this one and it's another solid entry into their DCUC line, if you ask me.

Manhunter doesn't seem to be all that hard to locate as many people weren't as excited about his release as I was. So, he should be hanging around your local TRU in abundance. True DC and Green Lantern fan's need this guy gracing their collection. He's a classic GL villain that looks great placed amongst other DCUC pieces and that will not disappoint!

5/5 - Yeah he's flawed in spots, but Manhunter is just too damn cool to have his slight imprefections noticed! :D

CTO15
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Not toys per say, but I'm starting to pick up movie posters.

I got a free final release IM 2 Poster from a friend from Famous Players. So with the Michael's 40% off sale, it has been framed and place in my collection room.

this is what the poster looks like

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/03/one_more_iron_man_2_poster.php

I also have coming in Thor (http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.movie-moron.com/wp-content/gallery/news/thor-teaser-poster-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.movie-moron.com/%3Fp%3D14584&usg=__Re7qtlJ1DsgUDBMvikCr25Ryk-8=&h=777&w=535&sz=91&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=DTrXW1bnaW_k6M:&tbnh=147&tbnw=101&ei=oORvTazYNsb_4AbXveWHDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthor%2Bteaser%2Bposter%26um%3D1%26hl% 3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D576%26tbs%3Disch: 1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=722&vpy=45&dur=1281&hovh=271&hovw=186&tx=95&ty=138&oei=oORvTazYNsb_4AbXveWHDQ&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0) teaser poster, IM 2 (http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://turboblanco.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/im2teaserposter.jpg&imgrefurl=http://turboblanco.wordpress.com/2009/12/page/4/&usg=__S6A3bp6U3aI3VcZb7ji8T8P_QVo=&h=591&w=400&sz=44&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=sgyDuMpNYU2btM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=99&ei=7eRvTd6oD5SG4Qa4rOWIDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dim%2B2%2Bteaser%2Bposter%26um%3D1%26h l%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D576%26tbs%3Disch: 1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=215&oei=7eRvTd6oD5SG4Qa4rOWIDQ&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=81&ty=41) teaser poster and I'm hoping my buddy can get me the Captain America one (http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://indiegeniusprod.com/BestMoviesEver/wp-content/gallery/captain-america-movie-images/captain-america-teaser-poster-550x820-2011-best-movies-ever-chris-evans-naked-hung.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bestmoviesevernews.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/check-it-out-captain-america-teaser-super-bowl-2011-spot-best-movies-ever-reports/&usg=__eiFIHUtx12bkxuiwxGz4H5hsS8A=&h=820&w=550&sz=129&hl=en&start=18&zoom=1&tbnid=bBv6BQiVZ1n40M:&tbnh=130&tbnw=82&ei=DuVvTYiEL4KKlwfOhJF3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcapatain%2Bamerica%2Bteaser%26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D576%26tbs%3Disch: 10%2C342&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=745&vpy=186&dur=150&hovh=274&hovw=184&tx=90&ty=139&oei=CeVvTe_TF5Lx4QaMwLmPDQ&page=2&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:18&biw=1024&bih=576).

Prowl_2009
03-30-2011, 10:21 AM
This week's flavour I honestly had no idea even existed until yesterday when I stumbled across Sean Long's review on YouTube. Although I am a diehard DC fan, I have a soft spot for a few Marvel Comics characters, Iron Man in particular and was extatic to learn of the 6" Armored Avengers line that was released earlier this year.

However, I had no idea how extatic I would become when I discovered Titanium Man was being released, and not a movie-verse take, but a classic comic appearance version!

After discovering the review, I promptly did some further research and everything I read or watched praised this figure in every last aspect and I am happy to say the figure really lives up to all the hype!

Titanium Man (Boris Bullski) features a superb paint job. While the green coloration on the suit may be slightly brighter than what Iron Man fan's are used to seeing, it still works really nicely. It almost has a shimmer-like quality to it and mixes well with the addition gray and orange colors that make up Titanium Man's overall color scheme. It's also a very flawless paint job with no runs, smears or bleeding, which is a nice change given the QC issues we saw with last summer's Iron Man 2 6" line of figures.

Articulation is vast, however it is restricted in the head and sholder/arm area due to the massive sholder pads included on the Titanium Man armor. The figure also features articulation in the legs, wrists, biceps, waist, abs, thighs, knees, ankles and features a ball joint head. Also, as a side point, the sholder pads are slightly ajustable, which is a nice touch.

By way of accessories, Titanium Man sports a double missile launcher, which is simply a recolor of the same weapon included with the 6" Iron Man movie-verse Titanium Man from 2008. This time around the missles are painted orange instead of green to add a bit more color to the figure. They fire nicely and although I am very skeptical about these large weapons a lot of the Iron Man figures have been coming with, this one works and just adds more to the figures overall appearance, further supporting the fact that this is a member of Tony Stark's Rogues Gallery and he's ready to do whatever it takes to take out 'Ol Shellhead at any cost!

So, to sum things up, I was super excited to find this figure! To finally have a comic based villian to add to the 6" Iron Man line is awesome! The colors are great, although they have been slightly altered from the characters normal comic appearance over the years. Articulation, although somewhat hindered, is still vast and some awesome poses can be achieved. The accessory is neat and really pulls the rest of the figure together. All in all, easily a perfect 5 for Hasbro! They really did an awesome job with this piece and I now eagerly look forward to what they've done on the Crimson Dynamo (Valentin Shatalov) figure that will be released in the second Armored Avengers wave!

Originally, both Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo were supposed to be released in the 2008 6" Iron Man movie-line, but were axed before it hit retail. So, to finally have these guys available after 3 years of waiting is great! As he only comes 1 to a case, Titanium Man may not be the easiest piece in the line to track down, thus I can't stress this enough, Iron Man fan's should not pass this guy up! Grab him at all costs! There was a tonne of hype surrounding this guy and I am pleased to say, Hasbro has delivered on all aspects!

5/5

pud333
03-31-2011, 01:49 AM
I am really enjoying these Revoltech Eva figures. The new ones with the Angel parts are so much fun. It's pretty cool recreating moments from the movies.

Tkim87
03-31-2011, 03:03 AM
Nice shots Pud!

pud333
03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks!

Tkim87
04-22-2011, 12:47 AM
McFarlane Halo Reach figures.
Just looks so damn good...lol I do wish that they had lot better range of motions in the arms and legs, though.

I cannot wait to play finally Halo Reach once I receive my free xbox360 in May

pud333
05-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Revoltech Alien Queen. She's so awesome.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/photo1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/photo2-1.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/photo3-2.jpg

Prowl_2009
05-05-2011, 04:21 PM
DC Universe Classics Wave 16 features one of the most hotly anticipated 6" characters to ever be released within the popular Mattel line - Jonah Hex. For those of us that dare remember, 'Ol Jonah had a terrible time in theatres last year with one of the worst comicbook movies to ever be released - seriously, I'd rather watch *shudder* Spider-Man 3 than the pile of crap that was Jonah Hex. So needless to say, Hex fans rightly deserve something much better and Mattel delivers it BIG TIME with the wave 16 Jonah Hex figure! I recently got my hands on this guy and have spent quite a few hours really appreciating everything about him and thanking the Action Figure God's for bringing this figure to retail!

Articulation is standard, what we've come to expect from the DCUC line, with the absence of the ab crunch, but the figure shines in so many other areas that it can simply be overlooked. I mean honestly, sometimes it works better when a figure can't bend forward and back, or at least I think so! The joints weren't tight or stuck either, which is always a plus when it comes to dealing with this line.

The paint is simply amazing, not only is it flawless with no blotches, runs, smudges ect. but The Four Horsemen did an excellent job with the figures overall detail. Shadding gives Jonah the appearance of being covered in dust and dirt. His uniform is ripped, worn and tattered, and features some nice additional little details such as an ammo belt, spurs, belt buckle and Confedracy badges on his hat (which is not removeable) and belt. All these little nice extras thrown in by the Four Horsemen really give you a nice old west feel with the figure. And the detailing on his face is also top-notch! It's mangled, scared and features some nice details within the skin that just adds to the figures awesomeness!

Accessory wise, Jonah comes with some great stuff. Aside from a standard hand gun, Jonah also comes complete with a sawed-off shot gun. The shot gun can be stored on the figuers back, while the pistol fits nicely in a holster on his side!

I've said it before, but when it comes to DCUC, figures will either fail or be a huge hit, there is no middle ground it seems. Surprisingly, when Hex was announced, many had low hopes for him, something I am sure his movie didn't help at all, but he really is the surprise of the year and easily one of the best DCUC figures we've seen to date!

I am a HUGE Batman fan, so when this line was announced, I figured I'd be getting Azrael Batman first off, but nope 'Ol Jonah ambled into my collection almost a month beforehand and made him the first DCUC Wave 16 figure I picked up. And to be honest, he is my favourite of the line thus far and can pretty much say for certain he'll be my favourite of the line overall. I mean, he looks amazing, comes with nice accessories and is a really good value for money.

And so, I must highly recommend DCUC Wave 16 Jonah Hex to all you DC Fan's out there. He'll surprise you, don't pass him up! He's one of the best looking pieces I've seen this year and let's face it, after that terrible movie, we deserve this figure! Get him, no questions asked! You'll be very sorry if you pass him up!

5/5

pud333
10-27-2011, 03:43 AM
I am completely in love with MP-10. I think he is the best Prime, hands down. This toy single-handedly rekindled my faith in Transformers.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/photo1-8.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/photo2-7.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/photo3-6.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/photo4-6.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/pud333/photo2-8.jpg

Toy Gremlin
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I would say my flavour of the week is probably DC Universe Wave 17. Building my first Collect and Connect figure and getting these figures for cheap was just awesome! :D

pandaprime
12-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I would say my flavour of the week is probably DC Universe Wave 17. Building my first Collect and Connect figure and getting these figures for cheap was just awesome! :D

Toy Gremlin
12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
My flavour of the week is Transformers Prime. These are great figures and plus I got it at a reasonable price. :D

Toy Gremlin
12-31-2011, 05:19 AM
I guess my flavour of the week is GI Joe 30th Anniversary Renegades figures. :D

Toy Gremlin
01-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Tough decision this week. I would have to go with the Zombie Viper. I like MU Psylocke, but the amazing sculpt and accessories of the Zombie Viper puts it on top.

Toy Gremlin
02-22-2012, 10:18 PM
GI Joe 30th Anniversary Cobra Viper. :clapping:

HumanEraser LS-02
02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Surprisingly enough, some of the Avengers movie figures, particularly Captain America, Black Widow, Loki, and Hawkeye.

Darthscythe604
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm actually all over the place. MU, GI Joe Renegades, Star Wars Vintage figures, Mortal Kombat, and of course Avenger Movie figures.

pud333
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
VF-17. Best new Valk of the past year. So awesome.

CTO15
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM
anything Avengers movie related has me going right now. Whether it be HT or MU scale figures

pud333
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
anything Avengers movie related has me going right now. Whether it be HT or MU scale figures

did you see that preview photo of the Avengers by HT? HT Hulk is going to be MASSIVE.

Toy Gremlin
09-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I guess the flavour of the week for me would be the Avengers wave 4 figures.