PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Marvel Legends Nemesis Wave

Icetron
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Looks like a Canadian store got these in. :eek: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=56985

Anyone getting these?

I'm really tempted to buy the red Daredevil but it's a bit too expensive and I have to add shipping on top of that... I might wait to see if anyone's willing to part with the DD loose instead since I don't buy BAFs generally.

Pics of the figures and variants: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=11830

4lott
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
They're getting them from Everest. Funny how we're getting these before the US. They even have Walmart exclusive stickers on them.

Icetron
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah it's kind of weird, but will these even show up in mass retail? All I see are those endless Emma Frosts, Banshees, Hercules and Beasts from Annihilus Wave at TRU/Wal-Mart/Zellers. Some less shelf-warming figures I found at the new Wal-Mart are: Colossus, Ultimate Iron Man, Planet Hulk, Black Knight, Bucky, Captain America (FA) from the same wave or Brood Queen.

Other than that I wonder if we'll even get the Red Hulk or Ares wave ever due to the 3.75" figures.

FFF came out briefly at Zellers but I think it didn't even have all the figures to build him.

CardiacArrest
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Looks like CMD Store has em too!!
Or TOYSONFIRE, same difference!:eek:

CTO15
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
might be a dumb question, but what do you mean they are getting them from everest? is that a distrubutor?

Icetron
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah I believe so.

http://www.everestwholesale.com/about.htm

4lott
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Funny, over at Fwoosh it seems like some posters are still trying to come to terms with the fact that we got these first. Icetron I posted the same link there. Funny thing was I walked into my LCS and saw the empty HML case. I looked at the manager and said "where are they" as I scanned the pegs. He says "you're cold" . He kept the whole display under the counter knowing either I or another guy who was waiting for them would be there. What I wasn't expecting was the Nemesis wave (I thought it would be Rulk).

GMfan101
02-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I dunno....I think the only one I see myself getting would be the two Punishers but I have a feeling the camo version will be a bitch to find.

02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
i ordered my set last night... they can't arrive here any sooner!

Icetron
02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Funny, over at Fwoosh it seems like some posters are still trying to come to terms with the fact that we got these first. Icetron I posted the same link there. Funny thing was I walked into my LCS and saw the empty HML case. I looked at the manager and said "where are they" as I scanned the pegs. He says "you're cold" . He kept the whole display under the counter knowing either I or another guy who was waiting for them would be there. What I wasn't expecting was the Nemesis wave (I thought it would be Rulk).

Yeah I know, it seems a bit crazy over there for this kind of thing. I guess we're calm since aside from comic/hobby stores our mass retail places don't stock MLs anymore, so having them 'first' in some way or another is kind of refreshing for once.

I mean if people in the US would complain about $12-13 TF deluxes I think it's not that uncommon to see a big fuss over Canadian comic stores getting Nemesis Wave first. However people have been waiting since 2007 for these so it's somewhat understandable I guess.

I just really want the red Daredevil so hopefully someone doesn't want it when they get their set.

Quinn
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
We should be the ones complaining that we're always getting ripped off with high prices in Canada. We're usually months behind too.

Red DD is my biggest want too. Why did Hasbro make him the variant. His FA outfit is butt ugly. That's coming from a DD fan too. Good luck with trying to get the red DD Icetron. I broke down and just ordered him.

Icetron
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah I don't get it, FA should be the variant and red be the regular because more people would know about the red costume...

And thanks, I'm really tempted to but trying to sell off the BAF piece will probably be annoying so I'll wait a bit and see. :(

CTO15
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll probably wait until they hit fully in the U.S. hopefully it will be like the ares wave and there will be an abundance of figures for the wave.