PDA

View Full Version : Will we get Resolute or wave 13?

CardiacArrest
02-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Any thoughts or comments on whether or not Canada will be getting Wave 13 or Resolute figures at retail?
I hope Hasbro Canada dosen't decide to skip waves again!!!:(

Eko123
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping they don't skip those sets either. Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling we're not going to see any of the later vehicles though (e.g. Firebat with A.V.A.C.). :(

Here in Toronto, it seemed like things were going pretty well for a while with the Joe figures, as the mass retail places like Wal-Mart, Zellers, and Toys 'R Us were stocking up on wave after wave. They usually sell pretty well. If the retailers are concerned about shelf space, they should mark down the prices of the other toy lines that have become peg warmers instead.

CardiacArrest
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Here too bro, the waves were pouring in, now, not so much! :(

pud333
02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
As far as I can tell, We're still stuck on previous waves. Lots of stock like wild bills and sgt. flashes, destro, officer three packs, etc. Just nothing new.

Personally, I don't care too much about Resolute, but I would like to see the last comic packs (Tunnel Rat, Shockblast) before the movie comes out.

TTT
02-24-2009, 02:15 AM
There's talk on Hisstank that there won't be any more single carded figs...wave 13 was the end.
I don't know for sure but that would explain recent drop off in new releases and internet only 7 packs.

Batman
03-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I haven't seen anything past the Cobra B.A.T. wave in Ottawa, other then the over priced ones at my local comic book shop.

Eko123
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Here in Toronto, some of the Wal-Marts seem to have finally gotten to the wave before the Resolute wave, as I found a single-carded Tripwire and Cobra Diver.

Seeing as how the G.I. Joe movie doesn't come out until August...I'm hoping the Wal-Marts should get new stock of some sort in the meantime. :)

HumanEraser LS-02
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
At the toystores near me, they don't seem to have the latest ones. Hopefully, with the airing of the Resolute special on Teletoon, maybe we'll get 'em.

pud333
05-22-2009, 03:29 PM
I've said I didn't care about Resolute in the past:

Personally, I don't care too much about Resolute

But I've come around a bit. I still didn't think the cartoon was anything to really go gaga over, but I enjoyed it for what it was, and am now really wanting to get Resolute SE and SS, for the obvious reasons.

I hope we'll get them up there, but I seriously doubt we'll see any real penetration of those figures. Considering how clueless or apathetic Hasbro reps seem towards what stock is going to be available to us canucks, I figure online is the way to go for these badboys. On top of that, since Hasbro is really pushing ROC right now, it may be a while before we can even order these online. I hope I'm wrong. I wish we had the Modern line and Resolute to focus on instead of ROC. I'm definitely not changing my tune on ROC. That line is craptacular.

pdaaat
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
At the Canadian GIJoe Con, the Hasbro rep said they would not be coming to Canada. After that, the Resolute figs were snapped up at dealer tables. At least I managed to get CC and CTrooper there (and already had Duke).

pud333
05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
At the Canadian GIJoe Con, the Hasbro rep said they would not be coming to Canada. After that, the Resolute figs were snapped up at dealer tables. At least I managed to get CC and CTrooper there (and already had Duke).

Only place I've seen Resolute in stores were local comic shops. I guess it figures they wouldn't show at regular retail.

VIT
05-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Blowtorch is one of my favorites. sucks i cant get him on a canadian card to open and a US card to keep MOC

pud333
05-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen him in retail. Online is pretty much the way to go for him. I will say I was sort of disappointed by him. He was one of my faves as a kid, but for some reason just doesn't do it for me in the modern line. I think it has to do with the mask. Not a fan of how they did it.