PDA

View Full Version : Question for Customizers concerning 3 3/4'' Figures

Scrapper6
06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Being a complete noob I was just thinking about a project that could very well drive me insane. But it's one that I would like to consider for a possible future date.

I was just wondering though if the new basic design bodies for Hasbro's 3 3/4'' Joe and Marvel figures would be easy to customize?

What is the Project might you ask? Well since I am a guy hobbyist and also I have a slight obsession with maintaining a certain scale (+ since Hasbro hasn't bothered to do it yet.) I am contemplating creating an entire line of 3 3/4'' Jem characters.

Basically I figure if I used the new Mary Jane Watson MU figure and just sewed a wardrobe for the characters I could get away without having to do too much painting. Of course I'm not much for sewing... I'd have to re-learn the stuff I learned in High School for that Easy credit/passing grade for my requirements.

I'd probably also be scratch building vehicles and a playset style item to go with the figures. It's a pretty daunting task and I have no hope of starting it currently.

So I just want to know if my base body design idea for the female cast would work or not? And maybe some tips on scratch building, IE types of materials I should consider, if I might need a few sculpting lessons or something, possibly a good idea for a 3 3/4'' scaled base vehicle body that could be used/transformed into the Misfits van, the Rockin' Roadster and maybe a Stingers vehicle if they had one.

It'd be nice to know if anybody else has attempted this before? Links or anything? Something I could use as inspiration maybe.

Robimus
06-12-2010, 12:39 AM
The pop off heads/hands on many current figures make cutomizing a lot easier than it used to be.

Since I only do Star Wars stuff I can't be much more help than that though.

Haggis
06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
How does one remove an arm at the bicep swivle?

CTO15
06-30-2010, 12:12 AM
How does one remove an arm at the bicep swivle?

hot water usually works

Robimus
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Depending on how solid the plastic is the boil and pop method works pretty well. I used to use it a lot with older Star Wars figures.

Haggis
06-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Awesome it work thanks!!!

Haggis
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a question how can one separate a figure at the waist joint?

Does the boil and pop method work?

The figure in question is Ultimate Captain America

Robimus
10-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't know how solid those Marvel figures are. You might have to seperate it at the seams.