PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Scramble on Yavin battlepack.

RyDel
06-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Hello fellow AFN peeps. I'm taking a long shot here and figured I'd see if anyone around here might have a 2008 Scramble on Yavin battlepack they'd love to sell me.

I'll buy it in the box or loose......either/or. I picked up an old Toys R Us exclusive Red Leader x-wing and I'd love to complete it with the Garven Dreis and R5-K6 from this battle pack.

I know it's a long shot that anyone even has one, or has one they want to get rid of, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm kicking myself for not buying the only one I saw a few years ago.

Thanks guys....and gals...of course.

RyDel
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Man....who knew such an obscure battle pack would be so hard to find. Well I suppose all us collectors knew....lol.

Best luck I've had is someone trying to sell a couple of them on Ebay for over two hundred bucks. Which is ridiculous.

Would you laugh at me if I told you I was also looking for those two series of droid 5 packs that came out a few years back?

I believe you would. ;)

Napseeker
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Well you do know that the rebel transport and driver are being reissued again? This was announced at the recent SDCC... although it won't include Red Leader and his droid, you can bet that collector demand will probably "force" Hasbro to eventually release those two again perhaps in their "rebel pilots" packs that they've also just announced.

Someone was selling off those EE droids individually for relatively cheap just about a month ago (although they sold out fast) over at Snowtroopers. Just post a WTB in their buy/sell section and see if anyone else has them to sell.

Good luck!

RyDel
09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I do remember reading that Hasbro was going to reissue those parts of the battle pack, and as cool as they are I will most likely be snatching them up when such a time comes.

Sadly...I'm more obsessed getting my hand on Dreis and his droid. My Red Leader x-wing is hanging from the ceiling all crying out to be completed. lol

Thanks for the advice on the droid packs. I might just do that.

Napseeker
09-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Definitely post on snowtroopers - one of the guys that I buy from regularly (sinkie) actually had bought two of the Scramble packs in 2008 and was selling off the extra red leader and droid for $5 and $9(?) respectively. I passed on it since I thought Hasbro would eventually reissue the entire set, so ...doh! He has already sold those two sadly last year.

But still, I would push Hasbro in the Q&As to release a better version of Red Leader (one that uses the Brannon D body, not the X-Wing Luke body which was just too small).

BTW, the reissue transport is coming out in March according to the slideshow...

http://img191.imagevenue.com/loc555/th_06723_27_Yavin_Transport_122_555lo.jpg (http://img191.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=06723_27_Yavin_Transport_122_555lo.j pg)