PDA

View Full Version : Who's in Vancouver and what do you collect?

pud333
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Just wondering who here on AFN is from Vancouver/lower mainland?

I got a condo in the Joyce station area. The lines I mainly collect are - in no particular order:

Marvel Universe
DC Infinite Heroes
DC Universe Classics (Don't have much, but slowly building 'em up)
Revoltech
GI Joes (my favorite current line)
DC Kenner Super Powers (I must have them all!)

I'm primarily an opener, but every once in a while I like to keep things MOC if I like the packaging. I started collecting about three years ago.

If you've been lurking for the past while, don't be afraid to introduce yourself here!

Quinn
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi pud333.

I'm in the Vancouver area, over by Oakridge Mall.

I collect a ton of lines but I'm running out of space so I'm gonna have to start letting some stuff go. Other than Super Powers I collect the lines you mentioned and some others too.

I should have signed up here with my screen name that I post more with on other boards.

- blue devil

pud333
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Holy shit! Someone responded, lol.

It's always cool to meet local collectors. None of my friends collect, so I'm pretty much on my own. I too am running out of space, so I sold most of my MOC collection and I got rid of my DCIH. However, I started collecting Macross Valks, so there's that little problem now. :D

Quinn
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
LOL. It was my first time in this section of the board so I had to say something.

I'm in the same boat, none of my friends collect either. I never was a MOC collector but I do have some spares of stuff. I'm a part time Macross collector too. Are you looking for any? I might be able to help.

MrAleck
09-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm from Langley and started collecting the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line when I found out I was having a son....... I have doubles of most of them, some for me and some for him. Found a collection for sale at Toy Traders those weren't yours pud were they ? If so Aleck jr says thanks !

pud333
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm a part time Macross collector too. Are you looking for any? I might be able to help.

I am, for now, only buying the 1/60 scale figures from Yamato, or the 1/60 Queadluun toys.
At this point, I am only focusing on the valks of the main characters I like an the accessory sets (eg: Ghost set for the VF-0S, 1/60 scale armour, etc). If you have any 1/60's for sale, or know of where I can grab some in the lower mainland, let me know.

I'm from Langley and started collecting the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line when I found out I was having a son....... I have doubles of most of them, some for me and some for him. Found a collection for sale at Toy Traders those weren't yours pud were they ? If so Aleck jr says thanks !

Alas, no. I sold my DCIH set on ebay. The only ones I kept were some of the fully articulated ones and my SDCC Starro boxed set (love that thing!) I'll get back into DCIH if they ever improve the figures.

narita
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey all,

I've been on the boards for awhile and I live by Broadway Station. I used to buy toys in the late 90s occasionally and quit when I got married to be responsible. I'm in my late 30s and started collecting toys again just a couple years ago as my wife thought I should have a hobby. She bought me a Transformers Alternity Convoy as a birthday gift and that started me collecting transformers and going to the toy aisles. From there I started collecting Marvel Universe, Lego minifigs, DC Universe and anything else that appeals to me. Mostly transformers and Marvel Universe are my two lines. I almost have every single MU figure minus some variants.

See you in the toy aisles!

pandaprime
09-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey all,

I've been on the boards for awhile and I live on the North Shore. I used to buy toys in the late 90s occasionally and quit when I needed to spend money on girls. I'm in my late 30s and started collecting toys again just a couple years ago because I am single. I mainly collect transformers but enjoy going to the toy aisles to see what else is available. From there I started collecting G.I.Joe again but wasn't happy with ROC stuff and now eager to get POC stuff. Those are my two lines and the very, very occasional star wars figure. None of my friends collect and I try hard to get two of each, one to open and one to keep MISB/MOSC. My issue with space is becoming bigger since i am too lazy to sell the figures I don't want anymore.

See you in the toy aisles!

Quinn
10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi there MrAleck, narita, and pandaprime.

I am, for now, only buying the 1/60 scale figures from Yamato, or the 1/60 Queadluun toys.
At this point, I am only focusing on the valks of the main characters I like an the accessory sets (eg: Ghost set for the VF-0S, 1/60 scale armour, etc). If you have any 1/60's for sale, or know of where I can grab some in the lower mainland, let me know.

I only really collect stuff from the original Macross series. Would you be interested in some version 1 VF-1’s?

@pandaprime – I went a little crazy with 25th Joes, are there any you’re looking for?

pud333
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I only really collect stuff from the original Macross series. Would you be interested in some version 1 VF-1’s?

Hmm, I might. PM me with the ones you want to sell an the prices.

cloud
10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi guys,

I live in Vancouver. I used to collect the DC Universe Classics but stopped doing so after wave 10. Some of the news ones looks really nice but I just don't feel the urge anymore.
I collect Mighty Muggs and Minimates as well. But both lines haven't had a lot of interesting stuff lately. Hasbro has stopped making new Muggs and Minimates are getting harder to find.