PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2010 Plastic Man Pictures!!!

Prowl_2009
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Okay, to be honest, I was never a fan of 'Ol Plas. Patrick O'Brian was just campy and never caught my interest in the slightest. Than came Batman: The Brave and the Bold and my whole point-of-view changed. He was funny, and while not the best DC character conjured up, he was still a blast to watch. A crooked criminal attempting to go straight? Awesome! :D

Sadly, I'd wanted a Plastic Man figure released in Mattel's DCUC line for some time after watching the show, but it never came... :(

Until now! 2 years after I craved a Plas figure, Mattel answered my prayers with this slick Comic-Con 2010 offering!

Feast your eyes on This.... :D

It features several interchangable parts, a posable neck and even a pair of Plastic Man's trademark glasses for you to wear! The toy will be available through MattyCollector for a short time following the con. :D

Prowl_2009
07-21-2010, 03:53 PM
The Glasses....

CTO15
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
i pre-ordered this bad boy on ebay. It should come with the suitcase attachment thats exclusive to SDCC attendees.

Prowl_2009
07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
According to MattyCollector, if you order from them, it won't have the suitcase attatchment.

CTO15
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
According to MattyCollector, if you order from them, it won't have the suitcase attatchment.

yeah which sucks. Thats why I did the ebay route

Prowl_2009
07-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll tell ya, Mattel sure knows how to do a convention exclusive right though! This is probably the only SDCC Exclusive, aside from Transformers Blaster, that I'll be tracking down! :D

It's a shame not all of the DCUC figure come this loaded with accessories.

pud333
07-23-2010, 01:15 AM
I may pick him up if I can for a decent price, but I won't lose sleep if I don't get him. He does look like lots of fun. However, I told myself last year I would never buy another toy of a character I knew nothing about. (I normally end up regretting and then selling it a few days later).

lars573
07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
^I'm so not like that, lol! I bought Killer Moth not knowing who the hell he was. But I do know who Plastic man is, he's the 8th member of the JLA. I really want this. I'll be on Matty with bells on Aug. 2!

Prowl_2009
07-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Will be adding him to my collection soon as I can! :D Love that fly-swatter hand. :p

pud333
08-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Okay, I know I said this previously:

I may pick him up if I can for a decent price, but I won't lose sleep if I don't get him. He does look like lots of fun. However, I told myself last year I would never buy another toy of a character I knew nothing about. (I normally end up regretting and then selling it a few days later).

But this morning when I saw Plastic Man sitting there on Matty, I thought, ah, screw it, and ordered a couple. Now that I have my confirmation email, I am pretty happy I pulled the trigger.

Quantum
08-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Nice dude! Go my shipping confirmation today. Plas and Orko are on the way!

Now, do I pull the trigger on a Starro w/ spores set off evil-bay?

pud333
08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice dude! Go my shipping confirmation today. Plas and Orko are on the way!

Now, do I pull the trigger on a Starro w/ spores set off evil-bay?

It's actually kind of nutty how much people are paying for the spores alone. One auction was up to $20 so far with still a bunch of time to go. I think that's too much for four plastic accessories. But then again, the only way you could get the spores was by going to the con, so... No, $20 is still too much IMO. I got my shipping confirmation for my Plastic Man figures, + DCIH Boxed set and the Toy Story 3 Lots-o-hugs bear!

Question: I originally got the Lots-o-hugs bear for my nephew (he has no idea I got it for his birthday coming up in September) but now that I think about it, I think it's really cool and kind of want to keep it for myself. Is that wrong? I mean, he doesn't know, and I could always just buy him something else... that's wrong, isn't it? haha. I'll probably still give it to him. I hate when that happens: you buy something for someone else and then you realize it's probably too cool to give up.

CTO15
08-06-2010, 01:25 AM
you could always get him another lots a hug bear from TRU. It also had the Strawberry smell, but it is a lot bigger than the Matty version

pud333
08-06-2010, 01:57 AM
you could always get him another lots a hug bear from TRU. It also had the Strawberry smell, but it is a lot bigger than the Matty version

Bingo! Thanks dude. I'll ultimately make the decision when he arrives. I'm such a sucker for these convention exclusives.

Prowl_2009
08-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Okay, I know I said this previously:

But this morning when I saw Plastic Man sitting there on Matty, I thought, ah, screw it, and ordered a couple. Now that I have my confirmation email, I am pretty happy I pulled the trigger.

How much did you end up paying? I have never dealt with MattyCollector before. I guess they're long since sold out, huh?

-KG-
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
How much did you end up paying? I have never dealt with MattyCollector before. I guess they're long since sold out, huh?

I went on MattyCollector the day of release and they were already sold out:mad:

pud333
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM

Matty was $20 per figure, plus $8-9 to ship for the two sets I bought (one to open, one for MISB, haha :) ). Quite reasonable, considering the alternative was going to the Con or Ebay.

I went on MattyCollector the day of release and they were already sold out:mad:

Yeah, they sold out pretty fast. 15-20 minutes maybe? I logged onto Matty five to 9 pacific standard time. Got the white screen of death as it refreshed. Right at 9, i got to the plastic man screen, placed my order for two, went to check out, got the WSOD again for another minute, then finally checked out and got my confirmation email. Some people had a hell of a time getting through, but I got through and completed my order in less than 10 minutes, which was great. I actually surfed the site for another five minutes without any WSOD, so I don't know if I was just lucky or if traffic slowed by that point. I went back the next day to order the DCIH boxed set and a Lotso. They both shipped on the 5th. Can't wait to get 'em!

Prowl_2009
08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Damn it! I really want one! :mad:

Ah well, not surprising they sold out as fast as they did.