PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have/had the subscription to Matty?

Rogue_Optimus
08-04-2010, 05:55 AM
I've been debating on wether to sign up for a sub to Matty this yr, anyone know what each figure ended up costing them with shipping/duty/exchange? Thanks

StarwarsTF
08-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Usually it ends up 28.50 USD but if you add other things the shipping is like 2-3 dollars each item so it breaks the shipping down per item.

pattycakeman
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I have the subscription for 2010 and got 2 for 2011.. the total amount for figures is about $470 before shipping.. that doesnt include the SDCC figures or stands or weapons packs..

STF is right for a single figure with shipping its $28.50 and a bit more each item more..

Duty has been random for me.. half the time i have to pay it half the time i don't its usually around $6-$9 each time i have to pay..

Its an expensive line to collect thats for sure, but well worth it in my opinion.

Rogue_Optimus
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
That's what I'm trying to debate on. Especially since I don't want to miss out or have to pay higher fees to the deluxe/monster packs like the attack track and possibly swiftwind. I already missed out on battlecat which sucks.

pattycakeman
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Not having to go on Matty and stress about getting a figure is worth it IMO, you could always sell the ones you dont want.

The combined shipping will help too.. instead of paying $8 for the sub figure and then another $8 for bonus figure or more for large figure.. just one payment of $8-$12..

lars573
08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
That's what I'm trying to debate on. Especially since I don't want to miss out or have to pay higher fees to the deluxe/monster packs like the attack track and possibly swiftwind. I already missed out on battlecat which sucks.
Supposedly Battlecat is getting reissued.

StarwarsTF
08-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Supposedly Battlecat is getting reissued.

He is, looks like Dec!! (not guaranteed) I usually wait to shows or buy in a group with local ppl!

Rogue_Optimus
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
He is, looks like Dec!! (not guaranteed) I usually wait to shows or buy in a group with local ppl!

That's what I normally do, buy them at shows but I would like to get some of the bigger pieces at a decent price (ie battlecat, tytus) instead of paying 2x the amount. Hence why I'm thinking of trying out the sub route.

pattycakeman
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
That's what I normally do, buy them at shows but I would like to get some of the bigger pieces at a decent price (ie battlecat, tytus) instead of paying 2x the amount. Hence why I'm thinking of trying out the sub route.

You could always wait for the re-issues. They tend to last at least a full day (except for he-man and skelator) so you can get someone like battle-cat for the regular $30 price whenever he is reissued.

I have never had any problems ordering the re-issues. Even the more hyped ones like Faker or Hordak even they lasted what seems like forever.

But the negative side of re-issues is that some of them wont be re-issued, some one like Zodac (who i dont have) or the Goddess or King Randor. There doesnt seem to be much demand for them to be re-issued.

Rogue_Optimus
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
You could always wait for the re-issues. They tend to last at least a full day (except for he-man and skelator) so you can get someone like battle-cat for the regular $30 price whenever he is reissued.

I have never had any problems ordering the re-issues. Even the more hyped ones like Faker or Hordak even they lasted what seems like forever.

But the negative side of re-issues is that some of them wont be re-issued, some one like Zodac (who i dont have) or the Goddess or King Randor. There doesnt seem to be much demand for them to be re-issued.

The normal figs I don't have a big issue with getting at the various shows, it's just the bigger figures. And I tend to forget or get onto the website too late in the day to place an order