PDA

View Full Version : Muppets Palisades

spoodger
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
This is probably a big longshot but got to ask if anyone else out there collects or collected the Muppets Palisades line.

I'm about 70percent finished the collection myself and would be interested to hear if anyone else collects/ed

Evan
08-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I would say yes, but I use the term "collected" loosely. I only have a handful of the figures, and would've loved them all, but for some reason, everytime I went to pick some up, I'd end up with a Transformer or something instead. I've got a few exclusives like Super Grover and Santa Swedish Chef, then series one Kermit. I know there's a few more around, but I think they are in storage.

Robimus
08-06-2010, 01:43 AM
I used to have some but became quickly disgruntled with the several waves that didn't see a Canadian release.

They were very cool though, and I didn't even know they did a Super Grover.

Evan
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Super Grover was a Wizard World convention exclusive in 2005 I think. I had a friend pick one up for me. He came with a phone booth and alternate head to change between Grover Kent and Super Grover. The box has art by Alex Ross. He's the only Sesame Street Muppet that got released as far as I know. It's too bad because I really wanted Ernie and Bert! And the "build-a-sesame street" pack ins would have been really cool.

There was also supposed to be unpainted Oscar test shots at the con, but they were held up for some reason, and would be available on the Palisades site at a later date, but then Palisades went out of business, and if Oscar showed up anywhere, I am not aware of it.

spoodger
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I've got some pics of the prototypes for Sesame Street on my computer. Next time I'm on line with my computer and not Blackberry will try to post. I must say that for they're price point these were an amazing value, particularly with many of the pack-ins that came with the figures. Alas, Ebay has been the only way to work on finishing my collection

Croaker
08-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I collect these.
I have all the regular figures and sets, most of the easy exclusives and none of the really hard to get exclusives (like the wedding set).

I am really looking for a Rainbow connection Kermit.

I'd love a Super Grover as well.

Evan
08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
The wedding set would be amazing. I wonder what it would go for if you were able to find one.

I also remembered Palisades did a Super Grover litho (same artwork that's on the figure box) and Alex Ross autographed 250 of them.