PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your toys?

Super_Megatron
02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Toys R Us? Walmart? Zellers? Ebay? Online Stores? Ebay?

Robimus
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
ToysRus, Zellers and Walmart for the bigbox guys. I do the odd online order, but generally do a lot of my big purchases at Toy Shows and Conventions.

I bet half my toy spending last year was split between the three Conventions I attended.:)

jacobot
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Wal-Z-Us...& like to support local comic stores

pud333
02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't have a lot of time to spend hunting, so mostly online (BBTS, Smalljoes, Outerrimcollectibles). But if I do hunt, it's TRU and LCS mostly.

A lot of times I want a figure that is part of a larger six pack or something, so I'll usually go to Ebay for the one loose figure I want.

Team Jetfire
02-10-2009, 12:22 AM
TRU, Wal-Mart and Zellers.

In Calgary there are a few decent comic/specialty stores that I will hit up.

- Phoenix Comics on 17th ave SW. I picked up many things back in the day there. I still like going, but they just don't really carry the stuff that I want, plus they are really out of the way for me.
- Chinook Hobby. I love Chinook Hobby. Not because they always have great stuff, but because the care that these guys put into the store. They have trains everywhere, Dioramas filled with starwars characters and a decent amount of stuff that is always on sale.

Also, as a throw-back, does anyone remember Star-Wares in Sunridge mall. I use to practically live there until that douche bag killed it.

Icetron
02-10-2009, 12:59 AM
In general...

TFs: TRU/Zellers, occasionally Wal-Mart
MLs: Online unless Canadian retailers actually start caring about this line...
figmas: HLJ.com
Other anime PVCs, etc: HLJ.com

pud333
02-10-2009, 02:08 AM
In general...

TFs: TRU/Zellers, occasionally Wal-Mart
MLs: Online unless Canadian retailers actually start caring about this line...
figmas: HLJ.com
Other anime PVCs, etc: HLJ.com

HLJ.com rocks. I haven't bought from them in some time though ever since the Yamaguchi Revoltech line went on haietus.

jourdo
02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Retail: Walmart, TRU, Zellers.
Online: eBay, BBTS, Goldenagetoys, Automatontoys, Kooltoyz.

It seems to be going more and more the online route for me. Some stuff DC Universe Classics is impossible to get in a store.

Batman
03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Retail: TRU, Wal-Mart, Zellers and my local comic book shop
Online: Automaton Toys (The best :)), BBTS, and Golden Age Toys.

lars573
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
The national retails chains which have all been listed, save Superstore. Online (forum BST, stores, evil-bay). Some come from LCS, if I can swallow the $5 over retail mark-up that most of them charge.

CTO15
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
The bulk of my collection is bought from ebay. But i have been slowing down on ebay (too expensive sometimes) and have gone to buying figures off of people through toy forums (cybertron, fwoosh, AFI, etc)

I also have a buds in New Jersey and Nevada that helps me out from time to time. They have helped build the bulk of my DC Universe (JLU, Classics, Infinite heroes) collection

And for anything that I know will show up in canada:Walmart, TRU, sometimes Zellers (but always more expensive than the others)

Figures bought at LCS are usually if I find anything that interests me, but most of the time its crazy over priced.

I have only bought a couple things online, mostly TFs stuff that cannot be found retail (City commander set, Henkei figures, etc)

I always like to buy loose figures from conventions, usually find some good ones at a decent price. (i.e. ML Kitty Pryde from GM series or Vulture)

JTCh
03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Walmart, TRU for TF's, Marvel, PR
Hobby King (local hobby shop) for Revoltechs

Haggis
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
The usual wal-mart, TRU's My comic book shop, a guy at a local flee market, bigbadtoystore.com some times even ebay