PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming DC Universe Figures!

Pages : [1] 2

Prowl_2009
09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
For all us diehard DC fans, I figured it was time to start a thread keeping everyone up-to-date on the latest news regarding Mattel's popular, allbeit sparcely distributed, DCUC line.

First up, figured everyone would enjoy taking a look at DCUC Wave 15's C&C figure - Fatal 5 member Validus....

Thanks to The Fwoosh for the pics! :D

Prowl_2009
09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
NOTE: I have recieved word, for those wondering about the status of this year's DCUC Wal-Mart Exclusive Wave 14, that the line, which features the likes of Alan Scott (Green Lantern) and Tyr, has been delayed and that chaces are very good we'll actually be seeing DCUC Wave 15 before the Wal-Mart Exclusive line hits retail.

Prowl_2009
09-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Here we have another DCUC Wave 15 figure, one I am particularly excited about: Sinestro Corps Batman! :D

What makes this piece so interesting isn't the new head sculpt or batarang construct, but the fact that Mattel has stated that Batman hasn't appeared this way in the comics 'yet.' :D

Fan's were upset because Bats costume was much more different during his time with the Sinestro Corps in the comic, but Mattel has basically told fans that this Batman is making his action figure appearance before his comic appearance! :D

Not only that, but the bio on the reverse of the packaging is blocked by the Sinestro Corps logo, adding some further mystery to this figure. Does this mean Bruce will be seeing yellow in the future? We'll just have to wait and see!

Enjoy! :cool:

Prowl_2009
10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Today, got some new DCUC pictures from Wave 15, Golden Age Starman - Ted Knight and his son, the modern age Starman - Jack Knight!

Enjoy! :D

Prowl_2009
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Today's DCUC Update has pictures (thanks to The Fwoosh) of wave 15 OMAC (Buddy Blank) and Classic Super Powers hero Golden Pharaoh (Ashley Halberstam), who has finally found his way into the DCUC line up!

Enjoy! ;)

Prowl_2009
10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
DCUC Wave 14 Update:

It appears that the delay with this years Wal-Mart Exclusive line of DCUC figures has to do with Wal-Mart showing a serious lack of interest in carrying the latest offerings from Mattel as they feel the line won't attract the same amount of buyers that last November's DCUC Wave 10, which featured such famous characters as Joker, Man-Bat and Batman in his all black '89 suit, did.

Supposidly, they feel the line features too many D-listers and although they have not said for sure if they won't be carrying it, it looks like we won't be seeing this line until late this year or early in 2011. :rolleyes:

lars573
10-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Calling some of those characters in wave 14 D-listers is being generous. I'm looking at you Kamandi, Obsidian, and Tyr. I'm not shocked Wally world is leery of stocking a wave with that many back-bencher characters in it. But that's probably why Mattel stuck them in that exclusive wave. So that they wouldn't peg warm every where. Just at Wal-Mart.

Prowl_2009
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Supposidly, according to the DC Comics message boards, Wal-Mart had in their systems that Wave 14 was supposed to be released around September 1st / 2nd, with Wave 15 being released about a month later.

Wave 15 is still on track however.

Prowl_2009
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Today's photo update gives DC-fans a look at the soon-to-be-released (mid-to-late October supposidly) DCUC Wave 15 Jemm and the second Fan's Choice Award Winner - Raven.

Enjoy! :D

DCUC Wave 16 update: According to Hasbro, it's planned that, starting with the DCUC Wave 16 Bane series, all DCUC lines to follow will always contain six figures.

Prowl_2009
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Busy day in the world of DCUC! :D

The final pictoral update for DCUC Wave 15 is up and it is perhaps the most anticipated figure, not only of the wave, but of the entire year....

Martain Manhunter!!!

2-versions will be available, Golden Age, with a more human shaped head and one more similar to the Justice League cartoon. Take your pick and enjoy the pictures... ;)

Prowl_2009
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
DCUC Wave 17 update: Sites like BBTS have already put up pre-orders for the next wave of DC Universe Classics and while they're being pretty tight-lipped about who will make an appearance, we have a rumor list that has been circulating everywhere from MattyCollector to the DC Comics boards....

DCUC Wave 17 MAY consist of:

. Blue Lantern Flash (Barry Allen)
. Orange Lantern Lex Luthor
. Yellow Lantern Scarecrow
. Indigo Lantern Atom (Ray Palmer)
. Saphire Lantern Wonder Woman
. Black & White Lantern Hal Jordan (Varients)
. C&C Anti-Monitor

Again, this is just a rumor list right now, so take it with a grain of salt. Although, with the huge success surrounding DC's Blackest Night and Brightest Day titles, perhaps it makes sense for Mattel to use characters from these hugely popular story arcs in their next DCUC line.

Prowl_2009
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Got some pre-sale photos of the extremely Batman heavy DCUC Wave 16, thanks to DCUC.info

Enjoy! ;)

. Azrael as Batman (Knightfall)
. Bane (C&C)
. Creeper
. Jonah Hex
. Mercury
. Riddler
. Robin (Dick Grayson)
. Robin (Dick Grayson Classic Varient)

pud333
10-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Riddler, Bane and classic Robin look awesome. Since I won't be buying the whole wave, looks like I'll have to go to ebay to get Bane since I think he's the new C&C

lars573
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
DCUC Wave 17 update: Sites like BBTS have already put up pre-orders for the next wave of DC Universe Classics and while they're being pretty tight-lipped about who will make an appearance, we have a rumor list that has been circulating everywhere from MattyCollector to the DC Comics boards....

DCUC Wave 17 MAY consist of:

. Blue Lantern Flash (Barry Allen)
. Orange Lantern Lex Luthor
. Yellow Lantern Scarecrow
. Indigo Lantern Atom (Ray Palmer)
. Saphire Lantern Wonder Woman
. Black & White Lantern Hal Jordan (Varients)
. C&C Anti-Monitor

Again, this is just a rumor list right now, so take it with a grain of salt. Although, with the huge success surrounding DC's Blackest Night and Brightest Day titles, perhaps it makes sense for Mattel to use characters from these hugely popular story arcs in their next DCUC line.
So this whole wave might be bogus. A ruse so Mattel can crack down on leaks.

Benzo
10-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 revealed!!! :clapping:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.NewProd_GreenLantern

CTO15
10-09-2010, 09:40 AM

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.NewProd_GreenLantern

this wave looks great!

lars573
10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
New Wal-Mart 2 pack wave.
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.NewProd_DCUC2pks

Hawkgirl vs Gentleman Ghost and Superman vs. Parasite.

Prowl_2009
10-10-2010, 02:49 PM

C&C Stel looks awesome! :D

Quantum
10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
So excited for GLC 2! Stel looks phenomenal, as does the three bad with Dex, B'dg and Despotellis (glad I never bit on the DCD Sinestro for the Despotellis pack-in!).

I'm liking the '2-characters-in-one-package' thing they're doing with the lanterns. More lanterns!

Also excited for the reveal of the movie-style lantern.

Benzo
10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
if you want to be spoiled, someone posted a pic of the preview figure on TFW

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/160875-dc-universe-figures-825.html#post5281936

Prowl_2009
10-12-2010, 11:13 AM
the three bad with Dex, Ch'p and Despotellis

Actually, it's B'dg, not C'hp.

Quantum
10-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Actually, it's B'dg, not C'hp.

My mistake, make it B'dg.

Prowl_2009
10-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Got some new shots of Wave 2 of the up-and-coming MOTU vs. DCUC 2-packs being released this year...

Check out Hawkman vs. Startos and Aquaman vs. Mer-Man....

lars573
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Getting Aquaman/Merman.

pud333
10-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't know what this thing is, but I gotta have it.

lars573
10-17-2010, 11:30 AM
He's B'dg. The successor to Ch'p as the GL from H'lven. Who are a race of Anthropomorphic Squirrels/Chipmunks. From what Matty said he comes in a three pack with Dex-Starr (the red lantern kitteh) Despotellis (the Sinestro corps sentient small pox virus).

Prowl_2009
10-18-2010, 10:11 AM
According to an Ask Matty session conducted by The Fwoosh this past weekend, it appears there may very well have been plans to release a DCUC version of the Crime Syndicate from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, but after the film had been released, although interest spiked quite a bit, it died off pretty quick and so, for now, there are no plans to release the Crime Syndicate in DCUC form at this point. There may also be Granny Goodness and the Furies in the lines future due to the interest in the characters thanks to Superman / Batman: Apocalypse, but they're going to wait and see if interest once again dies down before making the final decision.....

Still want my Crime Syndicate Owlman.... :D

aznpnoy
10-18-2010, 12:39 PM
owlman was badass!! I want him and superwoman!

pud333
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
According to an Ask Matty session conducted by The Fwoosh this past weekend, it appears there may very well have been plans to release a DCUC version of the Crime Syndicate from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, but after the film had been released, although interest spiked quite a bit, it died off pretty quick and so, for now, there are no plans to release the Crime Syndicate in DCUC form at this point. There may also be Granny Goodness and the Furies in the lines future due to the interest in the characters thanks to Superman / Batman: Apocalypse, but they're going to wait and see if interest once again dies down before making the final decision.....

Still want my Crime Syndicate Owlman.... :D

I would KILL to have the Crime Syndicate and the Furies. Okay, I wouldn't kill, but I want'em. What Mattel needs to do is to produce them and release them just prior to the movie release. Of course interest will die down if you wait on it. You have to get the impulse buyers like me! :clapping: I don't care how much they are. Put the them in special online packs, whatever. I'll buy 'em.

Autobot Prime
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
I would KILL to have the Crime Syndicate and the Furies. Okay, I wouldn't kill, but I want'em. What Mattel needs to do is to produce them and release them just prior to the movie release. Of course interest will die down if you wait on it. You have to get the impulse buyers like me! :clapping: I don't care how much they are. Put the them in special online packs, whatever. I'll buy 'em.

hahaha so true!!! all the money is in the impulse buyers!! I would have bought them all if they made DCUC figs from S/B Apocolypse while the DVD came out.

Prowl_2009
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
It appears that both versions of Starman in DCUC Wave 15 will have the same Ted Knight cardback. Mattel's reasoning for this? Jack is Ted's varient in this line and thus there was no need to change the cardback.

Makes no sense to me. :rolleyes:

lars573
10-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I just watched the Pop culture networks review of Starman. The card back may only have a picture of Ted but the Bio and file card talk about both of them.

Prowl_2009
10-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Not a big piece of news, but I thought it was worth mentioning regardless. Mattel has admitted that the number of Green Lantern characters we see in their 2011 DCUC offerings will go down, as most will be placed in the, surprise, surprise, Green Lantern Classics line. However, we will still see some GL's in the main DCUC line, just not as many as before.

Here is the exerpt from the interview that was conducted last month:

2) With Green Lantern Classics announced as a new line extension, does that mean that we won’t be seeing GL-related characters in the main DC Universe Classics line in the short-term? If we’ll still see GL characters in DCUC, what will determine if they go in GLC or DCUC?

There will still be some GL related characters in the mainline, but you will certainly get more of them in the GL Classics waves! After all, 2011 will be a big year for ring slingers.

Thanks to AFP and The Fwoosh for sharing the info! :cool:

bambam
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Don't forget GL may also get the Movie Masters treatment, too.

Prowl_2009
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, I mean they did it with the Batman movies, why not Green Lantern?

I think it's a safe bet. especially after comicbookmovie.com came across this picture of a movie figure for Green Lantern G'Hu....

Prowl_2009
11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
New picture of GL Classics Wave 1 Kyle Rayner, thanks to Toy Ark! :)

Enjoy!

And, looks like Mattel wants to know who fan's want to see from the Golden Age of DC's heroes and villains in their 2010 Fan Voting Bracket! Vote today as the final 8 will be turned into a line of DCUC figures!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/fan-bracket-2010/index.php

Prowl_2009
11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Toy Ark has a video review up of DCUC Sinestro Corps Batman!

Check it out here: http://www.toyark.com/news/dc-toy-news-5/dcuc-sinestro-corps-batman-video-review-3452/

Prowl_2009
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
New pictures!!! Today, thanks to The Fwoosh, we have some new shots of DC Universe Classics Wave 14, figure #5 - Hourman (Rex Tyler), which should be released, along with the rest of this wave, by the end of the month according to Mattel.

Prowl_2009
11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Next up in today's DCUC Wave 14 picture updates is figure #3 - Tyr, who was released by Mattel to further collector's the oppertunity to complete DCUC's Super Powers line!

Prowl_2009
11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Here we have the most talked about figure in wave 14 of the DCUC line - Zatanna Zatara, with a removeable hat and soft fishnet stalkings!

*Hubba Hubba* :p

Enjoy! ;)

Prowl_2009
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
And finally the C&C figure for Wave 14 - Ultra Humanite. This very detailed Four Horsemen offering is said to be one of the nicest C&C figures we've gotten in this toyline so far!

Enjoy and thanks to The Fwoosh for the awesome pictures! Again, DCUC Wave 14, which is a Wal-Mart Exclusive line, is said to be hitting retail some time near the end of the month if all goes according to plan! ;)

Prowl_2009
11-09-2010, 11:35 AM
The 2010 DCUC ToyFare poll results are in! :D

For those who don't remember, this year's poll enabled fan's to vote for a future C&C figure to be featured in the line. The choices were:

Blockbuster
Girder
King Shark
Nekron
Shaggy Man
Wildebeest

This year's winner was: Nekron, who'll be released, according to ToyFare Magazine, as the C&C figure in DCUC Wave 20!

Prowl_2009
11-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Action Figure Insider had the following rumor list up for DCUC Waves 17-19. Originally, the lists came from someone over at RTM who claims they have it on good authority these will be the next three DCUC waves offered by Mattel. Take these with a grain of salt, but feel free to discuss your opinion on some of the choices of characters supposidly being released in the next three lines! ;)

Wave 17

Flash III (Wally West) / Prof. Zoom variant
Vixen
Weather Wizard
Chief
Sandman/ Sand 50/50
Elongated Man
Collect & Connect : Elasti-Girl

Wave 18

Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl
Cosmic Boy
Lead
Toy Man / variant
Johnny Thunder & Thunderbolt / Jakeem Thunder & Thunderbolt 50/50
Collect & Connect : Colossal Boy

Wave 19

Flash (Jay Garrick)
Star Girl
Vandal Savage
Captain Marvel Jr / Osiris 50/50
Brainiac 5
Mon El / Variant
Collect & Connect : STRIPE

Benzo
11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
out of all of those, the only ones I'm really interested in is Stargirl and Vandal Savage

lars573
11-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Those LOSH characters would mean that Mattel has ditched the Legion 12 pack then. As Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Colossal Boy, and Brainiac 5 were going to be part of it.

Prowl_2009
11-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I must admit I'd love to see a Prof. Zoom! :D

lars573
11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I assume that the Wally West-Flash will be the new darker red suit with the Flash TV series inspired mask and symbol.

Prowl_2009
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM
^^ That would make the most sense in my opinion.

Got some pictures today, thanks to AFI, of an upcoming Hal Jordan / Sinestro 2-pack, that, according to MattyCollector, is slated for release some time this winter.

Hal features painted pupils, which I don't like personally, and Sinestro has a newly retooled body sculpt to make him slightly taller than his Wave 3 counterpart, which many collector's found to be much too small.

Enjoy!

Prowl_2009
11-16-2010, 03:05 PM
The Latest Ask Matty Q&A conducted by The Fwoosh gives us a heads-up as to what to expect in the coming months from our beloved DCUC line.

Here are the questions and resulting answers:

1. Will all of the DCUC 16 and GLC series one figures have the same articulation scheme that was shown on display at SDCC 2010? A lot of these figure had new articulation (double elbows and knees) and fans are really excited for new points of articulation.

Some figures will indeed have more articulation, but not every figure in the wave. We are not far enough along to announce anything officially. Once we have final samples we will let the fans know!

2. Can you give us an updated release calendar for some of the upcoming DC products?

DCUC 16 First quarter of 2011
GLC 1 First quarter of 2011
Green Lantern/Sinestro two-pack Late 2010
TRU Black Tux Joker Retailers have moved away from the single figure repaints so we are looking for a new home for these figures.TRU MOTCU/DC series 2 two-packs Late 2010

So, there you have it, the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011, expect new DCUC products to add to your collection! :D Thanks for passing this on, Fwoosh! ;)

Prowl_2009
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks to the Fwoosh, we now have carded pictures of the first wave of Green Lantern Classics, the DCUC spin-off line celebrating everything Green Lantern!

Enjoy the pictures and thanks again to The Fwoosh! :cool:

Benzo
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
awesome! can not wait for these!

JonoPrime
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow, those look great! Definately pumped for the Kyle Raynor version :)

StarwarsTF
11-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Hoping to pick up martian manhunter this weekend at the toy show!

Prowl_2009
11-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Wow, those look great! Definately pumped for the Kyle Raynor version :)

Agreed! Rayner, Mongul and Manhunter will be the first 3 I grab from this series! :D

News: Seems like the DCUC vs. MOTU 2-packs are showing up at TRU.

http://www.toyark.com/news/masters-of-the-universe-toy-news-10/motu-classics-vs-dc-universe-classics-found-at-tru-3497/

Thanks for the update, toyark! ;)

bambam
11-18-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm just relaying what a fellow Fwoosher has posted: Silver Snail has DCUC wave 15 in stock. Regular figures are $23.99, variants are $25.99.

Prowl_2009
11-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Enjoy a clser look at Green Lantern Classics series 1 thanks to an in-depth look from our friends at The Fwoosh! :cool:

Enjoy and thanks for passing this along guys! ;)

http://thefwoosh.com/2010/11/first-look-green-lantern-classics-series-one#more-11520

Benzo
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
damn, I want them now!!

Prowl_2009
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks to MattyCollector.com, we have some in-package shots of the soon to be released DCUC Hal Jordan vs. Sinestro 2-pack, which will be a TRU Exclusive!

Enjoy!

Prowl_2009
11-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks to Toy Ark, we also have some loose shots of the Hal Jordan vs. Sinestro 2-pack!

Prowl_2009
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Got some carded images today of DCUC Wave 16 thanks to ToyArk!

Prowl_2009
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
The official DCUC homepage was kind enough to pass on some shots of the up-and-coming TRU Exclusive Renagade Nightwing, featuring an all-new paint job!

And thanks, DCUC.info! ;)

Prowl_2009
12-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Got some awesome new pictures of DC Universe Classics Wave 16 today, thanks to The Fwoosh!

Feast your eyes on the first of the new line, C&C figure Bane!

He features a very clean sculpt, nothing jacked-up or stylized here, great articulation and is a vast improvment over the DCSH Bane from a few years back...

Prowl_2009
12-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Fan's of Batman: Knightfall will love the next figure photo update for DCUC Wave 16 - Azrael Batman!

The sculpt is brand new and everything on it is extremely detailed! Helmet, claws and back fins look really great and the plastic is all nice and strong. The arm fins are still upside down, although Mattel promised to fix this before the toy went into production, but it's still just so nice!

pud333
12-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Wave 16 looks great. I normally don't buy whole waves, cause there are usually a bunch of characters I don't care for, but I will be buying this one cause I want Bane and I figure it's cheaper than buying Bane on eBay later. Plus, I could just dump the loose figures I don't want on ebay :)

Prowl_2009
12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
DCUC Wave 16 Robin is next on the list with some new photos. 2 versions, Golden Age and Modern, are available and each features a brand new body sculpt and new batarang and grappling hook accessories!

Prowl_2009
12-20-2010, 01:31 PM
A Frank Gorshin take on The Riddler is also available in DCUC Wave 16, it features an entirely new sculpt, but the same cane from DCUC Wave 5 Riddler.

If you ask me, this IS the Riddler to get!

pud333
12-21-2010, 03:11 AM
I really love that Riddler. Hower, I would have preferred if Riddler were skinny and less muscled. But whatever. They need more different body sculpts.

Prowl_2009
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Sticking with the Batman theme, our next DC Universe Classics Wave 16 pictoral update is that yellow-skinned madman - The Creeper!

He features a new body sculpt and loads of double-jointed articulation for some really great poses!

Prowl_2009
12-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Our next update strays away from the Batman theme of Wave 16, but he is quite possibly the most anticipated figure in the line - Jonah Hex...

Has a beautiful face sculpt by the Four Horsemen and features some pretty nice weaponry for his accessories. According to Mattel, 'Ol Jonah was selected for this line to give fans of the character something possitive to look forward to after the horrid film from this past summer.

Supertofu
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Why is there a red dot on the left side of Batman's head? I never understood why it was there.

Prowl_2009
12-22-2010, 11:35 AM
And thus we reach the end of our DCUC Wave 16 pictoral updates with the final figure in the wave - Mercury, the third member of the Metal Men to be cast in plastic by Mattel...

Featuring a new body sculpt, Mercury features an interchangable scissor hand construct and double-joints for some nice poses.

We also have some new and interesting news tidbits on the DC Universe Classics front....

1) According to a recent Ask Matty interview conducted over at ToyArk.com, it seems Mattel has plans to re-release the DCSH Mr. Freeze in the DCUC line-up at some point in the future.

Here is the question that was asked and the resulting answer from Mattel....

Q: The DC Superheroes Mr. Freeze figure is arguably one of the best figures from the DCSH line. Is it beyond the realm of possibility to see this figure repainted for the DC Universe Classics line(maybe in a Super Powers inspired deco)? It is a great figure that most newer fans missed out on.

A: We do have plans to reissue this figure in time. As to what deco, that remains to be seen!

2) Seems like Mattel has plans for 6 new DC Vs. MOTU 2-packs according to this question Mattel answered via the MattyCollector forums....

We have a total of 6 new packs in the works including the Hawkman vs. Stratos and Merman vs. Aquaman packs out now.

The next pack will be revealed in the Jan shipping issue of Toy Fare and it will involve characters with guns.

Wonder if this means we'll be seeing Deathstroke or Vigilante in the next line of these popular 2-packs. Guess we only have a little time left before we know for sure! :D

3) And finally, just for kicks, MTV recently revealed their Top 10 Toys of 2010 list and C&C Darkseid made #9! :D

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2010/12/14/the-top-ten-toys-of-2010/

Thanks to TheFwoosh, MattyCollector and MTV for all this juicy DCUC info! ;)

Benzo
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
oh snap!! rumours were true! DCUC wave 17 is a Blackest Night wave!!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mattycollectorcom/the-blackest-night-is-here/490583838400

pud333
12-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Not so interested in wave 17 since I am not really a GL fan so I decided to go back and buy the ones I missed. Though I would be down for a mr freeze rerelease.

Prowl_2009
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
DCUC.Info was kind enough to pass this gorgeous collage image on to me this morning and I must say, some of these guys are really catching my interest! :cool:

Really excited for Scarecrow, Flash and White Lantern Hal Jordan especially!

Here is also the write-up taken from MattyCollector's Facebook page this morning as well:

Well the rumors this time are true! Wave 17 for DCUC is coming soon and it is our first step into the Blackest Night!

While we do have more Blackest Night concepts in the wings, this wave should help whet fans appetite for all the colored Lantern goodness!

Wave 17 will consist of Orange Lantern Luthor, Yellow Lantern Scarecrow, White Lantern Hal Jordan (with Black Lantern Variant), Violet Lantern Wonder Woman, Blue Lantern Flash and Indigo Lantern Atom. Together they will create a Collect and Connect modern Anti-Monitor!

And to answer the inevitable question, we did look into Red Lantern Mera. The only way to do her right is with a 100% tool and for that cost we can do 4 other figures. So while she did not make the cut this time around, we do know fans want complete sets and we are committed to one day getting her out there!

For now, a very happy holidays from all of your friends at Mattycollector.com and we’ll see you all in the New Year. Wave 17 will be on sale in late Spring 2011!

The figure line-up includes:

•Black Lantern Hal variant
•Indigo Lantern Atom will come with his staff
•There is hope with Barry as the Blue Lantern
•Even Lex can get more greedy when he is an Orange Lantern. Check out the newly tool’d belt piece…maybe a redeco one day…?
•Wonder Woman has never looked so violet!
•White Lantern Hal Jordan is ready to take on the Blackest Night!
•Yellow Lantern Scarecrow will actually come with a “Hal Jordan” battery in yellow to be comic accurate.
•The Collect and Connect Anit-Monitor to power your Black Lanterns!

Prowl_2009
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Got some more pictures today thanks to ToyArk of DCUC Wave 17 and once again, you can color me impressed. :D

Prowl_2009
12-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Well, it's been just about a week since Mattel announced DCUC Wave 17 and right on time we have our first rumor list for DCUC Wave 18, thanks to the Raving Toy Maniac (The same guy to announce back in September that Wave 17 was the Rainbow Lantern line).

Take this with a grain of salt, but it appears Wave 18 is going to be the Super Friends line and consist of the following figures:

. Samurai
. Superman & Bizarro (interchangeable head and hands)
. Manhunter
. Black Vulcan
. Metallo
. El Dorado
. C&C: Apache Chief

Again, take this list with a grain of salt for now, but I've got to say I'd love a Samuari to add to my DCUC collection and a C&C Apache Chief just sounds too cool to me! :D

Quantum
01-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Wave 17 is just pure win all around. Luthor is all kinds of awesome! So glad I waited it out instead of painting one up. I do hope that Atom will come with the Indigo tribe staff.

As for wave 18, I kinda hope it's true so I can not buy a wave. I'd get Metallo, and maybe Superman if he's light blue, but other than that, there is nothing there for me.

Super-good for Super Friends fans though!

pud333
01-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Wasn't Metallo a C&C earlier? Or will this be a different version?

lars573
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Wasn't Metallo a C&C earlier? Or will this be a different version?
Metallo has 2 basic looks. The first is the giant ass killer cyborg that the wave 5 C'n'C is mean't the represent. The second is the normal human sized killer cyborg covered in fake skin to pass as normal. As seen in Superman/Batman: Public enemies.

Prowl_2009
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I do hope that Atom will come with the Indigo tribe staff.

According to Mattel, Atom is supposed to be released with his staff.

Here is the quote taken right from MattyCollector's Facebook page:

Prowl_2009
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Not a lot of DCUC news today, but it seems that Captain Collector over at DCUC.info has found a varient of Wave 15 Tyr featuring a darker shade of red skin coloring.

Nothing to write home about, but thought it was interesting regardless. Thanks, DCUC.info! ;)

Quantum
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
According to Mattel, Atom is supposed to be released with his staff.

Here is the quote taken right from MattyCollector's Facebook page:

Now that sir, is quite good news. Thanks!

Prowl_2009
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
More DCUC Rumor lists have arisen, this one focusing on Waves 18-20 thanks to the DC Hall of Justice Message Boards....

Wave 18

El Dorado
Toyman
Black Vulcan
Superman and Bizarro (interchangeable head and hands)
Manhunter
Metallo
C&C Apache Chief

Wave 19

Flash
Shade
Sandman
Vandal Savage
Stargirl
Atom
C&C S.T.R.I.P.E.

Wave 20

Superman
Saint Walker
Firestorm
Larfleeze
Guardian
Arisia
C&C Nekron

Something interesting to note, although this is just a rumor list, is that Mattel stated Nekron would be the C&C figure for Wave 20 and we've already heard rumors about Wave 18 being a Super Friends line. What do you guys think? Anything on these lists catching your interests?

Benzo
01-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Saint Walker and Larfleeze??? YES!!!

vujonny
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Big marvel fan but i am so excited for the DC stuff. So much more.ahhh*

Prowl_2009
01-13-2011, 06:32 PM
The DC Hall of Justice Message Board states that Toy Man has replaced the formerly planned Samurai in Wave 18, the original figure instead being released in a Wal-Mart exclusive 5-pack later in the year along with Super Friends versions of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor.

Also, the same site mentions that the Flash figure supposidly slated for Wave 19 is Jay Garrick! :D

pud333
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Toy Man! Vandal Savage! YUS!!! I don't really want any of the others, so it looks like my wallet wins again!

Prowl_2009
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Action Figure Pictures passed these shots on, taken from SDCC 2010, of the first few members of Mattel's planned Legion of Superheroes boxset, which is supposed to be released at some point later this year.

Included in this pictoral update are:

Cosmic Boy
Matter-Eater Lad
Lightening Lad
Saturn Girl
Super Boy

Enjoy and thanks to AFP for the shots! More information as it becomes available! ;)

Prowl_2009
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
More rumors are circulating today, one of which concerns the planned, but dropped Tuxedo repaint of the Joker.

Mattel mentioned they had planned to release the figure as a single carded TRU exclusive, but that idea was dropped recently, Mattel stating they were looking for a new way to get this figure out on the market.

Well, both forums on ToyArk and The DC Hall of Justice are reporting the Tuxedo Joker will be released this year as part of a TRU 2-pack alongside Harley Quinn.

Here is a quote from ToyArk's forums:

It's been confirmed that there will be a new Wal - Mart 5 pack with brand new figures later on this year as well as a TRU 2 pack featuring Harley Quinn and the black tuxedo Joker.

Again, this is simply a rumor right now, so take it with a grain of salt....

Also, the same forum boards are reporting Mattel may very well be planning a Dark Knight Classics spin-off line, similar to what is being done with the newly released Green Lantern Classics. Supposidly, to coincide with the theatrical release of The Dark Knight Rises, it seems the line may be slated for a late 2011, early 2012 release.

Here is yet another quote:

Also the pending announcement of the Dark Knight Classics line which should be released real late in 2011 or early 2012 to coincide with The Dark Knight Rises.

Again, these are simply rumors right now, but I would like to thank DC Hall of Justice and ToyArk for passing these tidbits our way.

If Mattel is indeed planning a Dark Knight Classics line, could it be possible this will be where we'll see re-released versions of DCSH Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow and Catwoman? Figures Mattel promises we'll be seeing again in the future? Only time will tell! :cool:

Prowl_2009
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
DCUC.info's Captain Collector has posted a rather interesting and insightful review of the soon-to-be-released DCUC Wave 16, including some beautiful pictures, over at The Action Figure Hub....

http://www.afhub.com/dc-universe-wave-16-thoughts-images/

Prowl_2009
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
According to the latest Ask Matty session on The Fwoosh, Mattel will be revealing at least one wave of DCUC Classics at Toy Fair 2011. Here is the question taken from The Fwoosh and the corisponding answer given by Hasbro...

Q: As a little preview to Toy Fair, can you give us an approximation of how many new figures you will be debuting for the following lines?

A: At least one wave of DCUC

For those of you a little disappointed about Mattel's choice to make Wave 17 a line composed of Deputy Lanterns, Mattel has the answer for this decision as well, which was brought up during the interview...

Q: What was the strategy behind making DCUC series 17 a series of “deputy” lanterns, instead of Corps leaders (like Saint Walker, Larfleeze and Atrocitus)? Fan demand is still extremely high for those characters.

This wave was planned at about the time of Blackest Night 5 and 6 and at that time these character were extremely hot on the fan boards. Also, this was a great way to get some modern versions of main characters out there again.

And finally, BBTS has pre-orders up for DCUC Wave 18 up now, the new line is set for a June 2011 release. Make your pre-orders here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT12631&mode=retail

Prowl_2009
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Check out what our friends at Mattel have planned for their up-coming Young Justice figure lines, and you'll all be happy to know a 6" line sculpted by The Four Horsemen is in our future that will look great displayed alongside our DCUC pieces and that there will be a C&C Hall of Justice which is said to just be simply amazing!

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/02/mattels-young-justice-a-conversation-with-derick-deller-and-brian-sopinsky#more-13768

Thanks to The Fwoosh for passing this one on! ;)

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but an as yet unnamed source claims to me that there will be a BIG Batman announcement happening at Toy Fair on Collector Night this year. He hints we could very well be getting 6" Movie Master versions of Jack Nicolson's Joker and Michael Keaton's Batman and that there will also be unvieling of the new Dark Knight Classics DCUC spin-off line, which will consist of both repaints and reissues and supposedly only last 3 series. Again, take this with a grain of salt as my source only claims he is someone in the know, but won't tell me much more about him or the pending announcement.

He also mentions that the Dark Knight Classics line will offer three new figures not currently offered in DCUC.

Again take it with a grain of salt. Guess we'll know if this rumor is true in the next little while.

pud333
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Trying to marry the animated look with the DCUC sculpts so they can fit into that line will be tough. I hope they look better than the PE toys.

As for DK Classics, I hope they reissue the black suited Cat Woman, Freeze, Penguin - I want them all! I wonder who the new figures will be?

Prowl_2009
02-03-2011, 04:33 PM
As for DK Classics, I hope they reissue the black suited Cat Woman, Freeze, Penguin - I want them all! I wonder who the new figures will be?

So long as we get a reissue of the DCSH Scarecrow, I'll be very happy. I am kind of hoping one of the new figures, possibly even as a C&C, will be a new version of Killer Croc. :cool:

pud333
02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
So long as we get a reissue of the DCSH Scarecrow, I'll be very happy. I am kind of hoping one of the new figures, possibly even as a C&C, will be a new version of Killer Croc. :cool:

That's what I was thinking too. I like the DCSH Croc, but they could use better leg articulation, etc.

CTO15
02-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Black Mask seems like a good candidate for DK Classics

Prowl_2009
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd love to see a modern Red Hood as a part of this rumored DCUC spin-off line. They could have Classic Red Hood as a varient even.

cloud
02-04-2011, 10:09 PM
With Mattel's hard to understand strategy I'm sure your wants will be re-released in time. It really hurts the collecting value knowing that characters will be re-release. I'm not saying money value but there's just no urge in buying anything when you know there's another offer with an extra pin and no useless baf piece unless you want the C&C figure too.

Anyway back to business. I would be so happy if Mattel is making a Batman1989-Batman and Robin Movie Masters series.

The Dark Knight Classics sounds like a boring idea. Unless there's an Alfred and Commissioner Gordon figure in the line, I don't what can't be done with DCUC.

pud333
02-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I would love an Alfred or Gordon figure. As for re-releasing figures, personally I love that idea. There are so many figures I want since I came into this line late and don't want to pay Ebay prices for. I'm not concerned with the collecting value of my collection, since I collect only for myself. I personally despise exclusives and hard to find figures in general - though I do admit it adds extra fun to collecting when you get one of those figures.

Prowl_2009
02-13-2011, 04:33 PM
The Fwoosh has just put up the results for the Top Ten Winter 2011 DC Universe Classics figures poll and they are as follows:

1) Catman
2) Poison Ivy
3) Huntress
4) The Flash - Jay Garrick
5) Ra's Al Ghul
6) Granny Goodness
7) Fire
8) Ice
9) Stargirl
10) Liberty Belle

C&C - Elasti-Girl

See the full results and write-up here: http://thefwoosh.com/2011/02/top-ten-winter-2011-results-dc-universe-classics

Tonight is the night Mattel reveals one new DCUC line, as revealed through Matty Collector, so let's see if any of these Top 10 make it into plastic at Toy Fair 2011!

Prowl_2009
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen: Big News from Toy Fair 2011:

-DCUC Wave 18 is indeed the Super Friends line! It is a Wal-Mart line and will consist of the following pieces:

Toyman, Samurai, El Dorado, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Black Vulcan and C&C Apache Chief. The line is slated for release this fall! See the attatched photo!

-This year will also see the release of the Crime Syndicate Boxset, which will include: Ultraman, Owlman, Power Ring, Super Woman and Johnny Quick! See attatched photo!

-DCUC will also feature another spin-off line, similar to Green Lantern Classics. Mattel's new offering? Batman Legacy!!! See attatched photo!

-Also, for fan's of Mattel's MOTU vs. DCUC line, we'll also be getting a Shae-Ra vs. Supergirl 2-pack and there are hints the Supergirl may be a new sculpt!

More news as it comes!

Prowl_2009
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Another BIG SCOOP comes our way today. Despite what was announced yesterday, DCUC Wave 18 will not be a retail exclusive and, starting in 2011, there will be no more DCUC retailer exclusives!!!

No more waves only available at Wal-Mart or TRU again!

According to Toy Guru, of the 4 Horsemen: There won’t be any more retailer exclusive waves in 2011! What we will see are retailers getting the waves for an exclusive window (usually a month) much like K-mart got with wave 13 last year. Wave 18 will have a exclusive time at Walmart, but the wave won’t be exclusive to the chain. Target should also be getting an exclusive window for an upcoming wave of DCUC.

Thanks to AFI for the heads-up! ;)

Prowl_2009
02-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Toy Fair 2011 also gave Young Justice fans something to look forward to this coming year in the form of some awesome looking figures in several different scales. Feast your eyes on some of Mattel's first offerings to fans in their soon-to-be-released Young Justice figure line!

Enjoy and thanks to Toy News International for the pictures! ;)

Prowl_2009
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Toy Fair 2011 also gave us our first look at the earlier hinted at Batman Legacy line, a group of figures featuring characters and designs from the Batman comics, movies and Arkham Asylum video game....

The figures shown include:

Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
Joker
Gordon
Batman (DCUC style)
Batman (Arkham Asylum style)

Enjoy the attatched pictures thanks to AFI! ;)

CTO15
02-14-2011, 03:48 PM
the amount of accessories and the display stands coming with the 6" figures is awesome!

Although I think the head of Aqualad does look a little bit off, its a win in my books

Supertofu
02-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I really like the Arkham Asylum Batman. I hope to see a battle damaged and the armour Batman from Arkham Asylum in this future Batman line.

Cpl. Chrissandwich
02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Anyone have an idea when the Arkham Asylum stuff is due out?

pud333
02-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Love the 6" Young Justice. IMO, must haves:

6" Young Justice.
Crime Syndicate - though I heard it might be Walmart exclusive.

Prowl_2009
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Crime Syndicate - though I heard it might be Walmart exclusive.

Maybe these will sway you, pud... Check out the latest batch of pictures of the Crime Syndicate box set thanks to Toy Ark:

Prowl_2009
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
MattyCollector was kind enough to pass on these shots of the newly showed off DCUC Wave 18 from their Facebook page!!!

I've got to say, I am Super excited for Samuari, Captain Boomerang and Bronze Tiger!

CTO15
02-15-2011, 12:12 PM
i know a few people are up in arms about the SP theme wave, but its kinda growing on me. I already have the Wonder Twins, it would be nice to fill in the ranks

pud333
02-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I really like the Crime Syndicate. I just hope it's not too hard to find, cause I need me some alter heroes!

And although I originally ruled out getting the smaller scale YJ toys, I might get them depending on what the C&C Hall of Justice looks like. If it's quality, I may splurge just so I can get it.

Prowl_2009
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Rumor Time...

Well, DCUC waves 17 and 18 have both been revealed, and were pretty close to the rumors that had been circulating around the net starting late in 2010. Well, not surprisingly, we have some rumors starting to circulate regarding the 19th wave in the series....

According to forums on The Fwoosh, DCUC Wave 19 is planned to be a Golden Age wave featuring a few members of the JSA. To back up this claim, Toy Guru has stated the following over at the MattyCollector forums: "Wave 19 will actually have a handful of Golden Age characters."

Who would these characters be, you might ask? Well, speculation seems to point to us finally seeing Jay Garrick (Flash) as well as Wesley Dodds (Sandman) and a C&C Shaggy Man...

Again, these are just rumors for the time being, but remember, the last two lines ended up being pretty close to their original rumor lists as well! Take it with a grain of salt, but I've got to admit, I'd love to add Garrick and Dodds to my DCUC collection! :

Thoughts???

pud333
02-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Personally, I don't particularly care for the JSA. However, I wouldn't mine a Jay Garrick flash in my collection. I won't be searching high and low for it; but if I see it on a shelf somewhere, I'll probably grab him.

Over the next few months there are so many new toys I want, I'm sort of glad I can take a DCUC pause after splurging for the complete Wave 16 recently.

CTO15
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I love Jay, so hands down I'll be getting him first. Only thing, I hope they use the Deadman buck; and make him a little sleeker.

I think that was the one thing that was hurting the flash figure, to big of a body.

pud333
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I love Jay, so hands down I'll be getting him first. Only thing, I hope they use the Deadman buck; and make him a little sleeker.

I think that was the one thing that was hurting the flash figure, to big of a body.

Yeah, that's my biggest criticism, of the DCUC line in general. They've come out with more body types recently, but they need to utilize these better. Flash shoudln't be bulky. Superman should. etc. I would also like to see a larger variety of female sculpts too.

Prowl_2009
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Check out the full range of products Mattel has awaiting DC fans this year thanks to the following Toy Fair video taken by our friends over at The Pop Culture Network....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mandalorian30#p/u/7/MvggvLCEsqc

Keep your eyes open for some more figures being released in the DCUC Legion of Superheroes 12-pack....

Drexl
02-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Cannot wait for wave 18!!! Superfriends, Yeah!

Prowl_2009
03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Got some DC Universe Classics Q&A reporting to take care of today, thanks to all the Ask Matty sessions that recently took place following Toy Fair. Read on to find out what Mattel had to say about everything from the Batman Legacy line to including Granny Goodness in DCUC and everything in between! Check it out:

From Toy Ark...

Q: The Young Justice Select Sculpt line by the 4H looks great! Is this line limited just to the Young Justice team, or are you able to include figures of their mentors and villains? The sculpts for this line by the 4H are very impressive, and the format is appealing with the inclusion of bases/accessories.

A: It isn’t limited in any sense, but we are going to concentrate for the most part on the members of Young Justice in this scale. Members of the Justice League will be offered but in the 4 ¼-inch scale in the two-packs with their sidekick.

Q: The Batman Legacy line has massive potential since it includes figures from the movies, comics, and Arkham Asylum! The Arkham Asylum Batman was a very impressive sight to behold. Since he does don blue and gray in the game, will a blue/gray repaint be on the way soon?

A: Clearly a great repaint choice but nothing to confirm or announce quite yet.

Q: Is the Batman Legacy line meant to last through the 3rd Batman film by Chris Nolan? We ask this because this line does feature Movie Master figures(Gordon), and quite honestly, we want more figures! We think that the creation of this line is ample opportunity to release figures Movie Masters figures of Ras Al Ghul, ninja training Bruce Wayne, Michael Keaton Batman, et al, just to name a few.

A: More Movie Masters are on the way with at least one more two-pack themed for the previous Nolan Batman films, which will help lead us into the Dark Knight Rises line, which we can’t imagine won’t have it’s own Movie Master segment as well. We are just not ready to comment on 2012 product quite yet. We are well aware of fan demand for figures from the first movie in this line and we do aim to please!

From The Fwoosh...

Q: Will the DCUC 18 Bronze Tiger be the variant figure for that series? He was displayed with two heads but none of the figures were specifically marked as the series variant.

A: There will be a variant pack-out with each head, but both versions will come with both heads.

Q: This one is for Toy Guru – Sir, we heard that you are lamenting the fact that our dear old Granny Goodness was never able to appear in the JLU line. Wouldn’t the very best medicine for that ailment be a Granny Goodness figure in the DCUC line? She would make a great addition to our favorite DC line!

A: She certainly would. Even in the DCUC line she is a 100% tool and we only have one or two slots per year for a figure with this much tooling. She is a candidate for a slot like this, but just is not slotted in yet. Maybe down the road!

Interesting Q&A's if you ask me. What do you guys think?

pud333
03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I would love to see Granny Goodnes and her Furies in the DCUC line.

Quantum
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm very excited for the 6" Young Justice figs, since the Teen Titans have always been my second favorite team, I'm stoked to get the versions I want (t-shirt Connor, Miss Martian).

Also excited for the Batman line. I'll be pretty selective about what I get, but it means more Bat-goodness, and that's always a good thing.

Prowl_2009
03-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Sorry they're a bit late, been sick with the flu since last Tuesday. But, we have some new and official Batman Legacy photos!

Included in the attatched pictures from Toy Ark are:

Arkham City Batman & Two-Face
Batman Begins Batman (Prototype Suit) and Jim Gordon
Batman Legacy Modern Age Batman
Silver Age Mr. Freeze

I am personally excited for the Arkham City 2-pack, but the others really don't catch my interest. Especially Mr. Freeze, he's just too oddly colored for my tastes.

Thoughts?

Prowl_2009
03-17-2011, 09:58 AM
DCUC was once again a topic for discussion in the latest Ask Matty Q&A conducted by The Fwoosh, in their latest series of questions, the gang breifly touches on famous female DCUC characters they're itching to produce and hint at what we can expect for waves 19 & 20....

Q: Toy Guru, who is your number one most wanted female character for the DCUC line that has not been produced yet? What about some of the other people that work on the line? What ladies are popular in the Mattel offices?

A: We really want to get to Fire and Ice to get some more JLU characters out there. I’d also say Poison Ivy and Granny Goodness come up a lot in internal discussions.

Q: It is easy to see that the next two DCUC series (17 and 18) have a common “theme” for the most part (Rainbow Lanterns and Super Friends respectively); can we expect a return to a more “balanced” assortment scheme starting with series 19? It was nice when the waves has a little “something for everyone” in them.

A: Some more balance will be restored when we get to Wave 20. 19 will still have a bit of a theme to it (though not as much as Wave 17 which went 100% and fans didn’t see to care for that as much).

Thoughts? I myself would love to see a Poison Ivy figure made and as for Wave 19, if it's going to have a theme, perhaps this supports the earlier rumor it may be a JSA heroes and villians line.

What do you all think?

We also have the following from ToyArk and their latest Q&A with MattyCollector:

Q: A popular Batman ally that some current DCUC fans may have missed out on is Azrael from DC Super Heroes wave 3. Is he planned for re-release, possibly in the Batman Legacy 2 packs?

A) At this time there is no re-release planned. He was offered back in 2008/2009 in a two-pack, but this is the limit of his re-releases at this time.

Quantum
03-20-2011, 09:52 PM
It's nice to see they're going to balance to waves out a bit more in the future, although, I'm a sucker for Lanterny goodness, so I'm all for more Lantern-centric waves!

It's also nice to hear them say they want Poison Ivy out, and I'm super-stoked about the Fire and Ice mention! Need more JLI!

Prowl_2009
03-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Pop Culture Network just recently posted up some new videos of Mattel's DCUC, Young Justice and Green Lantern Movie and Classics Displays at the 2011 Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo! Check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCDA-lb62I&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CFRsGpkMQ&feature=relmfu

Prowl_2009
04-04-2011, 09:39 AM
MattyCollector posted a shot of the upcoming Silver Age Batgirl on their Facebook page, which premiered at WonderCon this past weekend!

For those wondering about the figures utility belt, Mattel says:

For those fans wondering about the Batgirl premiere at WonderCon, note that the actual figure will have the correct Batgirl belt. For this weekend she's just borrowing one of Batman's belts."

More info on this great repaint as it becomes available! Thanks to MattyCollector for passing on the attached shot!

Prowl_2009
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
DCUC.info passed on a shot of yet another Batman piece we can expect in the newly announced Batman Legacy line, which will hit retailers in Fall 2011.

Feast your eyes on the attached photo, which shows a figure that strongly resembles Batman from The Brave and the Bold in DCUC scale...

Thoughts?

bambam
04-06-2011, 11:20 AM
That's the Golden Age Batman based mostly on Dick Sprang's art. The Brave and The Bold Batman design is also inspired by Sprang, too.

Prowl_2009
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Check out Sean Long's WonderCon 2011 video which shows off what we can expect in the Batman Legacy line coming in Fall 2011!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SEANxLONG#p/u/1/czh1UIEYghs

lars573
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Fwoosh just put a first look article on Green Lantern movie masters wave 1 Rot Lap Fan and Hal Jordan (the other from wave 1 is Tomar Re) and the matty exclusive Green Man.

Link (http://thefwoosh.com/2011/04/first-look-green-lantern-movie-masters-hal-jordan-rot-lap-fan-and-green-man)

Prowl_2009
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Got another nice shot from WonderCon 2011, thanks to our friends over at DCUC.info, which shows off Wave 18 Captain Boomerang & Bronze Tiger as well as Batman Legacy Dick Sprag Batman and the new Joker, featuring a design and head sculpt which again resembles the Clown Prince of Crime's Golden Age Brave and the Bold appearance!

Enjoy! Thanks to DCUC.info for the attached shot! ;)

pud333
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Nice Joker. But I'm happy with my DCUC one.

cloud
04-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I can see Joker and Batman, also Batgirl selling but the line is mostly repaints. I wonder how well it will do in retail.

Prowl_2009
04-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Got another DCUC WonderCon 2011 shot from our friends over at DCUC.info, this one giving us a nice look at the Arkham City Batman / Two-Face 2-pack!

Prowl_2009
04-18-2011, 11:08 AM
The Fwoosh recently conducted its latest Ask Matty Q&A session and they had some interesting things to say regarding our favourite DCUC brand!

Q: When will you be unveiling the next wave of DCUC figures? Last year, series 15 was debuted in May, can we expect the same this year for series 19?

A: Likely at SDCC if not before hand.

Q: When is DCUC 17 scheduled to hit store shelves? Seems like forever since 16 was released.

A: There are no release dates for retail product (unlike Mattycollector.com). New retail product ships the faster current retail product sells through and stores re-order.

Thoughts?

Prowl_2009
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Big news today for the MOSC DCUC collector: Zolo World has released a series of protective action figure cases for the popular Mattel line this month!

http://zoloworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=69&zenid=loeu4racpr7it0dkgc2sv9b4u4

Also, going hand in hand with this news, The Pop Culture Network has a review of these cases, meant to fit the figures released in the DCUC line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWj4KXKx5Y&feature=feedu

NOTE: These will NOT fit the GLC figures!

Thanks to Pop Culture Network and Zolo World for passing this our way! :cool:

Prowl_2009
05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
For those who've yet to hear the news, this years SDCC 2011 DCUC Exclusive is Swamp Thing! That's right! This fan demand figure will soon be available at a price of $30 both at this year's SDCC and on MattyCollector.com!

Featuring endoskeletal articulation (the first of its kind), Swamp Thing comes packaged in a paper pulp mold of a Swamp Thing head and houses Swamp Thing himself! No ordinary packaging can contain Swamp Thing, so he’ll be packed in a shipper box with the Swamp Thing head peering out.

Mark your calenders as July 15th is when the figure will be available for order on MattyCollector's website!

Enjoy the attached photos of this awesome looking addition to the DCUC line and thanks to Action Figure Insider for all the juicy info!

Prowl_2009
05-09-2011, 10:05 AM
A small update regarding SDCC 2011 DCUC Swamp Thing from MattyCollector arrived today: If you purchase Swamp Thing at this year's SDCC, you'll also get bonus figures of Un-Men Ophidian and Cranius that will not be available unless purchased at the show.

Thanks Matty! :cool:

Prowl_2009
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
MattyCollector.com, via their Facebook Page, passed on some shots of Swamp Thing's articulation this afternoon! Remember, Swampy will be the first DCUC figure to feature endoskeletal articulation!

Enjoy the attached photos and thanks to MattyCollector.com for passing these our way! :cool:

Prowl_2009
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
MattyCollector's Facebook page was updated today with a complete carded gallery for DCUC Wave 17! And we have the shots!

Feast your eyes on:

- Sinestro Corps Scarecrow
- Indigo Lantern Atom
- White Lantern Hal Jordan
- Black Lantern Hal Jordan
- Orange Lantern Lex Luthor
- Blue Lantern Flash
- Star Sapphire Wonder Woman

Thanks to MattyCollector for passing these awesome shots our way! :cool:

Prowl_2009
05-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Just a small update from MattyCollector today for those attending SDCC. In their latest Q&A with TheFwoosh, the following question was raised...

Q: How will the Un-Men be packaged at SDCC? Will collectors buying Swamp Thing at the show be able to see the Un-Men when they buy them (so they know they got them)?

and Matty's answer...

A: They will be polly bagged but will be inside the shipper box for the full SDCC show allotment.

So, nothing to write home about, but still something interesting to keep in mind if you're planning on hitting up Comic Con 2011 for the amazing Swamp Thing Exclusive!

Thanks Matty! :cool:

Prowl_2009
05-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Our friends over at DCUC.info got some nice, detailed snapshots of the SDCC 2011 DCUC Swamp Thing this past long weekend thanks to California comic shop The Comic Bug and were kind enough to share these shots with us!

The California based comic shop got quite a few of the SDCC 2011 offerings up on display this past weekend. There really is going to be something for everyone this year!

Enjoy the attached photos! :cool:

cloud
05-25-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm looking forward to this new rubber coating method for 6" scale action figures.

Prowl_2009
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Today, the DCUC Mad Love 2-pack, featuring repaints of the Joker and Harley Quinn, showed up on a forigen auction site. Information surrounding the 2-pack states it is slated to be a Wal-Mart exclusive once it reachs us here in North America.

To see the original auction, go here: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10483862345&frm=

Otherwise, enjoy the attached shots! :cool:

Benzo
05-26-2011, 02:23 PM
don't you mean a USA Walmart exclusive.. :(

CTO15
05-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I will do everything in my power to get that Harley

Prowl_2009
05-31-2011, 02:18 PM
MTV Geek has an exclusive look at DCUC Wave 19! It is a JSA themed wave and MTV Geek was kind enough to pass on pictures and full bios of all the characters featured in this soon-to-be-released wave!!!

Sandman:

BIOGRAPHY

The wealthy Wesley Dodds spent much of his youth in the Far East where he learned martial arts and the wisdom of the ancients. In adulthood, Wesley was tortured by prophetic dreams that inspired him to create a gas mask, gas gun, and costume. As the Sandman, he used his skills and social connections to fight crime, eventually becoming a founding member of the Justice Society of America and serving with the All-Star Squadron.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: ADVENTURE COMICS #40 (July 1939)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New York City
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Genius chemist and inventor; gas gun that emits a sleeping gas; “wirepoon” gun; speaks several languages

The Atom:

BIOGRAPHY

Al Pratt was an unlikely choice for a boxer, much less a costumed crime fighter; however, the “98 pound weakling” and college student became an American hero. Devoid of super powers, Pratt nevertheless fought crime as The Atom and was a founding member of the Justice Society of America and All-Star Squadron. It wasn’t until he was exposed to radioactive elements that Pratt changed into a bona fide super-powered hero.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #19 (October 1940)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Calvin College
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Skilled boxer; atomic strength and agility

Hawkman:

BIOGRAPHY

During ancient Egypt’s 15th dynasty, Prince Khufu and his beloved Princess Chay-Ara discovered a downed spacecraft from the planet Thanagar. Exposure to the ship’s anti-gravity Nth Metal allowed Khufu and Chay-Ara to be reincarnated countless times throughout the ages to follow. In modern times, Khufu became the hero Hawkman, Chay-Ara reincarnated as his beloved Hawkgirl.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: FLASH COMICS #1 (January 1940)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: St. Roch, Louisiana
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Wing-maneuvered flight enabled by anti-gravity Nth Metal; wields a variety of ancient weapons; expert hand-to-hand combatant

Lord Naga:

BIOGRAPHY

As an infant, Lord Naga and his conjoined twin were taken from their parents by the Cobra Cult of India. The cultists separated the twins and raised Lord Naga to be a brilliant and vicious international terrorist, with hopes that he would lead them through the Kali Yuga—the time of great chaos. He may not have super powers, but with his devious intelligence and ability to manipulate thousands, Lord Naga is one of the most dangerous villains ever to exist.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: KOBRA #1 (March 1976)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: The Himalayas
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Evil mastermind; expert combatant; wears bulletproof cobra costume

Magog:

BIOGRAPHY

Lance Corporal David Reid already had the distinction of being a U.S. Marine and the great-grandson of Franklin D. Roosevelt before he touched the stone fragment that gave him plasma energy powers. While investigating the resurgence of the old God Gog, he was tragically killed by a military attack. Resurrected by Gog, given new powers and the name Magog, he became a devoted disciple. However, Magog eventually saw the evil in his master and heroically helped to destroy it.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #18 (March 2008)
OCCUPATION: Adventurer, former Lance Corporal of the U.S. Marine Corps
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Unknown (??)
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Projects focused energy beams from metallic left arm through staff; flight, enhanced strength and vision

Stargirl:

BIOGRAPHY

Courtney Whitmore was a happy, all-American girl when her mother married Pat Dugan (formerly the hero Stripesy) and abruptly moved the family to Nebraska. Irritated by her new stepfather, Courtney found the Star Spangled Kid’s cosmic converter belt and decided to do some adventuring of her own. Dugan responded in kind by developing a robotic suit and accompanying her as S.T.R.I.P.E. Ultimately, Whitmore thrived in her new identity, becoming a principal member of the new JSA.

STATISTICS

FIRST APPEARANCE: STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. #0 (July 1999)
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Blue Valley, Nebraska
SPECIAL ABILITIES: Cosmic converter belt and cosmic rod make her superstrong, agile, and able to fly and project solar energy blasts.

Collect & Connect S.T.R.I.P.E.

This line looks great! I am loving Sandman and Lord Naga and C&C S.T.R.I.P.E. looks beyond cool! :cool: Very excited for this awesome theme wave!

Thanks MTV Geek for sharing this big news with us! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
It's been an exciting week for DC Fan's what with the reveal of DCUC Wave 19 and our first look at the Batman: Year One DVD cover art. Well, the excitment isn't over yet!

MattyCollector was kind enough to send us some shots from off their Facebook page showing off some upcoming Green Lantern Movie Master figures, which are slated for release later this summer!

Check out:

Hal Jordan w/ Bzzd and diecast Power Ring
Sinestro w/ C&C Paralax piece
Isamot Kol w/ C&C Paralax piece
Krona w/ C&C Paralax piece

These look great! I especially like Isamot! Kind of reminds me of the '98 Tri-Star Godzilla. :p

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up Matty! Most appreciated! :cool:

cloud
06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I like Sinestro. He do prefer his live action look than his comic book Hitler look.

Prowl_2009
06-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Got some nice DCUC Wave 18 packaged shots thanks to our friends over at The Fwoosh today!

Prowl_2009
06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
We have a nice pictoral update today in the form of DCUC Wave 18 Samuari. While this seems it'll probably be a Love it or Hate it type figure, and wave in general, what with the ridiculous costume and lack of accessories, he has excellent articulation and his paint, although simple, has no slop or mess.

The sculpt is superb and makes Samuari seem like the kind of guy you really wouldn't want to mess with, despite his past as a member of one of the campiest DC cartoons in history. :p Articulation is standard with ball jointed neck; swivel hinged shoulders and thighs; bicep and wrist swivel; and single elbow, ab, ankle and knee hinges. Surprisingly, none of the shoulder or ab articulation is hindered by his crazy big shoulder pads on his outfit.

By way of accessories, he comes with a soft, plastic lightening sword, which is great since he used it in the show often enough, but I really have to agree with theFwoosh when they say Samuari could've used some slightly recolored tornado effect to referance his wind power, similar to DCUC Wave 1 Red Tornado. However, regardless of this, Samuari looks great, in my opinion, and is one figure from Wave 18 I am most excited to add to my collection, even though I wasn't the biggest Super Friends fan as a kid, thanks largely in part to the awesome DCAU cartoons of my youth! :D

In any case, again this figure looks great! Enjoy the attached photos and thanks to theFwoosh for sharing these awesome shots with us! :cool:

NOTE: Samuari also comes with the Left Arm for C&C Apache Cheif.

Prowl_2009
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
eBay seller runruntoys recently posted auctions for the entire first wave of Batman Legacy figures. This upcoming series of 6" figures features figures of Batman and members of his Rogues gallery past and present. The auctions are for single carded figures.

Feast your eyes on:

Batman
Joker(golden age)
Mr Freeze

Thanks to runruntoys for passing these shots our way! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Today's DC Universe Classics pictoral update comes to us in the form of DCUC Wave 18 El Dorado. Known for his appearances in the Super Friends cartoon, he's a magic wielder who'll be another one of those Love it or Hate it pieces depending on your opinion and memories of the campy 70's DC cartoon.

He comes with no accessories, with the acception of the upper torso for C&C Apache Cheif. Which I guess is okay, since he never really used anything with the acception of magic in the show anyways.

The sculpt features a new head sculpt and belt/collar/cape combo, but it seems to sit a bit high and give the figure a sort of 'no neck' look. His articulation isn't limited, with the acception of the head, thanks to the high collar. The combo, however, is cast in a nice, non-flaking gold color. The paint on the head seems slightly off and much thicker paint apps appear to be used.

So, all in all, he's rather lackluster and boring and the head sculpt seems to have suffered some flaws, but like I said, this figure will either be a Love it or Hate it type depending on your love for the Super Friends cartoon.

Enjoy the attached photos, thanks to TheFwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Today's pictoral update comes in the form of DCUC Wave 18 Black Vulcan, a figure I wasn't crazy about at first, but that has really began to warm me over.

By way of accessories, Black Vulcan comes complete with two clip on electricity effects and Collect and Connect Apache’s Chief’s right leg. The effects seem to be recolored versions of those that came with Superman (Red/Blue), just recast in clear, yellow plastic. To me, these look awesome, and just add something cool to this Super Friends member.

The only new part on this figure, sculpt wise, appears to be the head, but it's spot on to his cartoon counterpart.

Black Vulcan has the usual DCUC articulation with a ball jointed neck; swivel hinged shoulders and thighs; bicep, thigh and wrist swivels; and single elbow, ab, ankle and knee hinges and nothing appears to be hindered.

Paint appears to be good, for the most part. Around the yellow chest symbol, as is to be expected, the paint can get a little dodgy, but other than that, it's well applied and the metallic yellow on the mask ears is a nice touch.

Another small point is that the V-neck collar has been removed in favor of a closed costume neck line. Yeah, the original character had a V-neck, but this looks just as good to me.

So, final thought wise, Vulcan has really warmed me over. He's got cool accessories and a nice sculpt and paint, so unlike El Dorado, I'll be adding this Super Friends member to my DCUC collection as soon as the wave hits retail.

Enjoy the attached photos, supplied by our friends over at TheFwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
From E3 2011, we have a nice shot of Mattel's Arkham City 2-pack, featuring Batman and Two-Face! The figures were on display at the WB booth during the show!

Thanks to AFI for passing this awesome shot on to us here at AFN! :cool: Much appreciated!

Enjoy the attached photo! :D

Prowl_2009
06-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Today's DCUC pictoral update comes to us in the form of DCUC Wave 18 Toyman, a figure fans have been demanding for quite some time!

He uses the thinner body sculpt, with an overlay piece for the crazy big pointy shoulders of his costume. The crazed grin on the face is also a nice touch!

By way of accessories, Toyman comes with a large, spiked yo-yo, with a clip so the figure can hold the deadly weapon, and a top with a bomb built inside it. The top fits nicely in his hands and both accessories have a nice, metallic paint applied to them.

In the articulation department, Toyman has the standard DCUC artic except for the inclusion of double elbows and hinged wrists.

Paint is both solid and clean without any splatters or slop. The Four Horsemen did some darker shading around the muscles on the yellow sections of his costume which helps knock down the sheen you often find on many yellow plastics.

All in all, this figure is another win for this wave. Although this version is most remembered for his appearances on the Super Friends TV show, he is a most welcome addition to any DCUC display and will probably be a favorite amongst fans who've been waiting so long to add this guy to their collections!

Enjoy the attached photos, thanks to TheFwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Our second DCUC pictoral update today is a classic Flash villian and Suicide Squad member I am most excited to be adding to my DCUC villians display - Captain Boomerang!

Captain Boomerang comes with one boomerang and a Collect and Connect piece from Apache Chief. The boomerang is pretty thin and is cast in a rubbery plastic so it can get bent up pretty easily. I again have to agree with TheFwoosh when they said multiple boomerangs would've been a nice touch for this figure.

He uses the thinner DCUC male sculpt with the jacket and boomerang bandolier as new additions. The scarf is a seperate piece glued around the neck, is pretty flexible and has a nice flow to it. He also has a nice head sculpt, sporting a pretty smug expression and nice, stubbly beard.

Boomer has the standard DCUC articulation with the addition of double knees and elbows. Articulation wise, his neck is particularly good allowing for neck tilts and a more expressive range of motion than we’ve been seeing lately in DCUC. The ankles are somewhat limited in forward movement due to the silver bracers on his boots butting up against the top of his foot.

Paint is both simple and clean. It really works on this figure and looks good.

In conclusion, he's a nice figure and how awesome is it to see more Flash Rogues and Suicide Squad Members?

Thanks to TheFwoosh for the attached pictures! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Our second last Wave 18 pictoral review is a figure I am extatic to finally be receiving - Bronze Tiger, a character I grew to love whilst reading the Suicide Squad series of comics growing up. He's a honorable, disciplined and decent man, unlike some of the scum he works alongside.

In the accessories department, aside for a piece for C&C Apache Chief, Tiger also comes with a tiger mask and a small grouping of reused DCUC weapons, including Deathstroke’s sword and staff as well as Nightwing’s Tonfa sticks. They're a nice inclusion with the figure, as many DCUC figures don't even come with accessories in many cases. They fit the character well, even though he was more of a hand-to-hand martial arts type of guy in the comics I remember reading. But, again, they go well with Tiger and as such, I am not going to complain.

Sculpt wise, Tiger uses the standard medium build body with a new head and skirt sculpts. The expression on his face is quite intense while the tiger mask features lots of detail and is simply beautiful.

Bronze Tiger has the standard DCUC articulation and, thankfully, the skirt piece doesn't hinder any articulation whatsoever.

Paint wise, it's pretty clean and neat with most of the body cast in an orange plastic for the costume. The tiger stripes on the costume are all nice and crisp and neat. The paint job is nice on the tiger mask with multiple washes and some gloss for the inside of the tiger’s mouth.

All in all, Bronze Tiger is a win, although Fwoosh does mention that, with a few more points of articulation, this figure could've gone from great to spectacular. Still, a clear win in my books that I eagerly look forward to adding to my DCUC collection in the near future.

Thanks to TheFwoosh for the attached photos! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Our final DCUC Wave 18 pictoral update comes in the form of the Collect and Connect figure - Apache Chief, a perfect choice given the number of Super Friends characters included in this wave.

Although he has no accessories, his sculpt is great and is a nice transistion over to the DCUC line. I, like many reviewers of this line, didn't expect much when Apache Chief was announced as the C&C figure for this wave, but he's surprised me and looks much better than I was expecting.

The articulation is the standard DCUC articulation scheme, but the good news is that none of it is hampered by the loincloth or the hair as both are cast in a nice super flexible plastic.

The paint is both simple but effective. The body is mostly cast in flesh tone plastic with a bit of overspray to highlight the muscles. His face is painted to match the body’s flesh tone plastic and does a decent job. TheFwoosh also mentions that they believe there are slight 'leather’ textured portions of his costume to bring out the details a bit.

In conclusion, Apache Chief is an awesome C&C figure that looks great and fits in well with the rest of this Super Friends Wave. Final thought for me, I know I said this line will be either a Love it or Hate it, but in my opinion, there is lots to like here and I must admit - I love it!

Another win on the part of Mattel!

Enjoy the attached photos and thanks to TheFwoosh for all the awesome help with photos! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Our buddies over at TheFwoosh were kind enough to pass on some great loose shots of the entire first wave of Batman Legacy figures!

As we know, Wave 1 consists of:

Batman
Mr. Freeze
Joker

Batman is based off his modern appearance and is dressed in his grey and black costume with the large, black bat emblem on his chest. The figure is made up of two previous Batman figures, the torso comes from the black and grey Batman released way back in DCSH, while the head comes from DCUC Wave 15 Sinestro Corps Batman. The utility belt may be slightly large for some peoples taste and the cape is made of a nice, soft plastic.

Mr. Freeze is a straight up repaint of his DCSH counterpart. He comes with a display stand and a nicely detailed cold gun. The freeze tanks on his back are still detachable but instead of all the tubes connecting from the tank to the tank, this time they connect to Freeze’s sleeves.

A very nice Dick Sprang-esque classic Joker rounds out the first series of the line. Ever since the release of Wave 10 Joker and Wave 11 Question, fans knew a trench coat Joker would come about soon enough. His head sculpt is new and while he looks nothing like the Wave 10 Joker, he still is the Joker. Comes complete with a display stand, a pistol and a mallet. He'll look great next to Legacy wave 2 Dick Sprang-esque Batman!

There you have it, a line of straight up repaints and slight retools, but man, these all look great if you ask me!

Wave 2 is rumored to include:

Batman (Earth-2 Dick Sprang)
Batgirl (Silver Age Barbara Gordon)
Catman

Enjoy the attached shots, thanks to TheFwoosh! :cool:

cloud
06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Batmite is going to be packed with the series 2 Batman.

Prowl_2009
06-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Our pictoral updates continue, this time moving on to, or back tracking to, DCUC Wave 17 - The Deputy Lantern Wave. The Fwoosh was, once again, kind enough to supply us with shots of all the figures in one of the most dividing and contriversal waves in DCUC history.

Our first update for the line comes in the form of Star Sapphire Wonder Woman. She uses a lot of new parts and is not as muscular as her DCUC Wave 4 counterpart, but she looks good and is the first comic accurate Sapphire Lantern in the DCUC series!

Enjoy the attached photos!

Prowl_2009
06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Our second DCUC Wave 17 update today comes in the form of Sinestro Corps Scarecrow, the one figure I was most excited about when this wave was unvailed.

The head sculpt is awesome and looks much more like Scarecrow than the older DCSH figure from a few years ago. He has double knee and double elbow joints that give him a great deal of posability and, although they make him look slightly lanky, he is the Scarecrow after all, so this just works. His coat is made of a nice flexible plastic so it does not inhibit movement.

Overall, Scarecrow is awesome. I seriously am dying to recieve mine, this Canada Post Strike better finish up soon! A solid figure that deserves an inclusion in every DCUC collection!

Enjoy the shots supplied by TheFwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Our next DCUC Wave 17 update comes to us in the form of Blue Lantern Flash, who is a straight up repaint of his Wave 7 counterpart. He is basic, although quite striking with his nice black and blue paint scheme a la Wave 13 Blue Beetle which features some really nice metallic details. He is very well painted, with a very crisp and clean chest logo and his joints are nice and tight so getting running poses is no problem. All in all, Barry is a solid entry into the wave and again, I feel GL fans owe it to themselves to add this deputy lantern to their Corps shelf!

Enjoy the attached photos supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Our DCUC Wave 17 updates continue now with Indigo Lantern Atom. Palmer's Sword of the Atom costume always looked awesome to me and man, when it reappeared for his deputy lantern phase, I was totally stoked. As the Indigo Lanterns are more a tribe than Corps, the costume works very nicely. His articulation is great and works really well with his staff for some really dynamic poses. Now we need Mattel to give us more Indigo Lanterns because they'd make one hell of a display! :D

Enjoy the attached pictures supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Fun Time Toys, the same Japanese website that gave us our first look at the new Joker/Harley Quinn Mad Love 2-pack recently passed on this image of of yet another future DCUC Wal-Mart exclusive 2-pack!

Know as the Mightiest Mortals set, it includes re-released versions of Black Adam and Captain Marvel (Shazam!)...

Enjoy the attached shot and thanks to Fun Time Toys Japan for passing this our way! The set is to be released as a Wal-Mart exclusive, along with the Mad Love 2-pack, later this year!

TheKruseMissile
06-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Are the lantern figs just re-releases of the Blackest Night ones? Or are they different molds?

Cause I don't have the BN version yet and if these are the same toys basically I might as well just get this new wave.

Prowl_2009
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Are the lantern figs just re-releases of the Blackest Night ones? Or are they different molds?

Cause I don't have the BN version yet and if these are the same toys basically I might as well just get this new wave.

If you mean re-releases of the Blackest Night figures released by DC Direct than no. These figures are made by Mattel and not DC Comics in house merchandising department. Although the DCD figures have nicer sculpts and paint, in some cases, Mattel's figures have much better articulation. To be honest, stick with Mattel's take on DC characters. They're cheaper and, I feel, better value for the money compared to the over priced DCD figures. ;)

Our next DCUC Wave 17 pictoral update is of Orange Lantern Lex Luthor. He features translucent orange armor, which is basically a rehash of the older Lex Luthor figure, but with some new parts added on. His lantern doesn't have a handle on it and he features a new head sculpt that I think looks great! A lot of fans wanted a more insane looking head sculpt on this Luthor figure, but if you ask me, the smug, arrogant look on this figure works just as well. Enjoy the attached photos supplied by our friends over at The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Next on the DCUC Wave 17 review list is Black Lantern Hal Jordan. The paint on this figure looks awesome, with nice, crisp lines that accent the gray and black armor oh so very well. He comes with no accessories (same goes for the White Lantern Hal Jordan varient included in this line) with the exception of the head and lower torso for C&C Anti-Monitor. The head sculpt, I feel, is perfect for a Black Lantern, although I agree when The Fwoosh said this figues skin tone should've been slightly pastier. Whatever, still a nice figure and interesting inclusion in this line!

Enjoy the attached shots supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-27-2011, 09:19 AM
As mentioned, DCUC fans get a double dose of Hal Jordan in DCUC Wave 17! We took a look at Black Lantern Hal on Friday, and now we have shots of the series varient, White Lantern Hal Jordan!

This figure features a new head sculpt and a beautiful silver and white costume, which looks quite good with how the colors contrast with each other. His chest logo is, again, crisp and clean and, like Black Lantern Hal Jordan, this version of the character doesn't come with any accessories and features the standard DCUC articulation. Enjoy the attached shots, supplied once again by our friends over at The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-27-2011, 09:26 AM
The C&C figure for wave 17 is none other than the Anti-Monitor, a figure that excited me to no end when he was announced as being included in the line! He features a costume which is relivent to the Blackest Night story line that features some of the nicest paint apps I have ever seen on a DCUC figure. The silver and blue paint looks amazing and the apps used for the eyes and mouth are awesome! He is a tad smaller than expected, but that's not an excuse to pass this C&C figure up, he looks great and even features a cloth cape, which is a great little addition to this figure and, in my opinion, something we need to see more of in future DCUC waves!

Thus concludes our look at DCUC Wave 17. As mentioned, it's a hotly debated line, which many fans will pass up, but in my opinion, although this is a line composed of all Deputy Lanterns and no Red Lantern Mera, it's still awesome and features some very cool characters!

Enjoy the attached photos of C&C Anti-Monitor supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
06-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Today, The Fwoosh was kind enough to pass on some shots of the newest All-Star figure, shipping with Wave 17 - The Flash.

I know, we've gotten a lot of Barry Allen figures, starting as far back as Wave 7, but this version is, believe it or not, different from any previous rendition of The Flash in that he uses the larger chest sculpt, carried over from past characters like Batman and Amazo. He also has a slightly different chest logo, but he is essentially the same figure we've seen time and time again.

However, the larger chest really works on Barry, to some fans, and should be included in your DCUC collection if you want your Flash a bit more pumped up! Myself, I prefer the past chest sculpt as Flash is supposed to be more lean and lightweight than bulked up muscle man. Whatever, to each his own I suppose.

Anyways, enjoy the attached photos supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
07-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone, been sort of busy lately, but I am back today with some great loose shots of Batman Legacy Wave 2 which include Batman w/ Batmite, Batgirl and the highly anticipated, and long rumored, Catman!

Check out the awesome shots attached below and thanks to our friends over at The Comic X-Aminer for passing these our way! :cool:

Wave 1 of Batman Legacy is already starting to show up at online and specialty retailers, expect Wave 2 some time early this fall! :D

Prowl_2009
07-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Check out this awesome Toys R Us DCUC vs. MOTU set exclusive to SDCC 2011 - Bizzaro vs. Faker.

Bizzaro is the same as the DCSH version, but with a new paint job. It will be availabe, while supplies last, at this year's San Diego Comic Con!

A mini poster is also included with the set.

Prowl_2009
07-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Our friends over at DCUC.info passed on a shot of some newly aquired pieces from the still unreleased Legion of Superheroes 12-pack - Timberwolf and Matter Eater Lad. More pictures will follow soon!

The 12-pack is supposed to be released this August and include a Legion of Superheroes ring as an added bonus.

Thanks to DCUC.info for passing this our way! :cool:

Prowl_2009
07-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Got some more shots of the soon to be released (Mattel is shooting for August 2011 on this one) LOSH members Timberwolf and Matter Eater Lad thanks to DCUC.info!

Enjoy the attached shots! :cool: And thanks to DCUC.info for sharing! ;)

Prowl_2009
07-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Also today, we have a nice size comparison shot of the SDCC 2011 exclusive DCUC Swamp Thing alongside some past C&C pieces!

Thanks to DCUC.info and Action Figure Insider! ;)

Prowl_2009
07-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks to our friends over at The Fwoosh, we have the most in-depth look at the SDCC 2011 exclusive DCUC Swamp Thing, a figure which pretty much breaks the mold on anything Mattel has given us since the lines launch in 2007. A figure that has been four years in the making, Swamp Thing features everything from: imaginative, top of the line packaging, amazingly through sculpt details, endoskeletal articulation, thick, tough skin that won't break or deteriorate over time (unless you keep Swampy displayed under high intensity lights or in direct sunlight that is.), and awesome accessories, including Alec Holland's own personal journal and, if you grab him at SDCC, Swampy's Unmen!

Considered to be the most detailed and best packaged figure in DCUC history, this is one piece fans have been demanding for a long time and Mattel's offering doesn't disappoint! Yes, his articulation is slightly limited and he may seem a bit too tall for some fans, but look at this thing! Swampy is amazing and now that he'll be returning to the DC Universe starting in September, I feel every DC Fan owes it to themselves to add this bad boy to their collection. He may not be the prettiest DCUC offering, but he sure is cool! And in the DCUC line, isn't that all that really matters?

Enjoy the attached shots and thanks to The Fwoosh for sharing these in-depth photos with us! :cool:

Prowl_2009
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Ever since Warner Home Video released Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths back in February 2009, DC Fans have been waiting for Mattel to release the members of the Crime Syndicate of Amerika into their DC Universe Classics line. It was at this year's Toy Fair that the waiting finally paid off when Mattel unvailed it's Crime Syndicate of Amerika 5-pack, containing the 5 main members of the alternate earth criminal organization!

Today, thanks to our friends over at The Fwoosh, we have our first in-depth look at this hotly anticipated set, the last of the Wal-Mart exclusive DCUC offerings, which should be hitting shelves some time later this summer!

The first figure contained within the set is Ultra Man (El-Kal), the leader of the Crime Syndicate. He is a vast improvement over the original version released in a 2-pack back in 2007. He sports a great head sculpt with lots of detail and although his costume is basic in nature, the colors look great and his chest logo is crisp and clean. He sports silver ovals on his belt, but they don't hinder articulation one bit. Basically, this version of Ultra Man puts the older one to shame. He's a great, modern take on the character that looks great alongside the other members of the Crime Syndicate. Articulation is basic and he has no accessories.

Second within the set is Superwoman (Lois Lane), who makes use of the standard Wonder Woman body and is a figure who turned out better than I thought she would. Her head sculpt looks great, allowing her to appear both tough and feminine at the same time. She has newly sculpted boots and a nice, soft cape that match her comic counterpart very well. The sculpt on the cape is very intricate with a lot of fold lines and cinching; it is also the perfect length as it only reaches down to about her belt line. Again, articulation is standard for a DCUC figure and she comes with no accessories. Still, she looks amazing!

Next, we have Power Ring. A figure who's costume matches his comic counterpart well, even though some fans have been complaining his boots should be white. To be honest, I've seen him wear the green boots in the comics and, I agree with The Fwoosh when they say the green boots simply look better than white ones would have. Again, head sculpt is awesome, making Power Ring appear very ticked off about something. I have only really started to warm up to these angery faces of late, and Power Rings has to be the best thus far (sorry Sinestro Corps Batman). His look is great, paint is flawless and crisp. No accessories. Standard DCUC articulation.

Up next we have Johnny Quick (Johnny Chambers), the anti-hero version of Mr. Barry Allen. Done in his classic style, this figure is simply awesome! His coloration is superb, all of the lines on his costume are crisp. He has some subtle wash on the red, the yellow really pops and he has actual boots, not just painted lines. The head sculpt is great and features a real smug look and a slightly off centre glance, as if he isn't paying attention. He is a perfect baddie for the Flash and man, does he ever look awesome! Same standard articulation and no accessories.

Finally, we have my favorite of the bunch, Owlman (Tomas Wayne Jr.). This figure is perfect in every way with nothing in the way of flaws. Done in his modern appearance, his head/helmet sculpt is right on and finished in two different tones of silver. His facial expression is very cold and calculating and does some serious justice to James Wood's character in Crisis on Two Eaths. The cape is made of a very soft plastic so it does not restrict the articulation too much; all of the different layers are sculpted and the separation at the bottom does not restrict the leg movement at all. The owl clasp is also a very nice touch. He has the ribbed cuff on his wrists and boot tops with an all new belt. The dark, dark blue color of his costume is superb and it has some nice, subtle washing and dry brush that brings some dimension to the muscle tone. Articulation is standard and Owlman got the only accessory within the set - an Owlarang.

So, there you have it! This is perhaps the most anticipated and best 5-pack Mattel has given DC fans since the lines launch in 2007. It features some of the best head sculpts I have ever seen and I must say, Owlman easily belongs in the Top 10 best DCUC figures to date! As with the Legion of Superheroes 12-pack, it appears this set may be due for release some time around August or September, so keep your eyes peeled. This will be the last of the DCUC Wal-Mart exclusives and seriously, you don't want to pass this set up!

While we await the release of this set, enjoy the attached photos supplied by our good friends over at The Fwoosh and I defy you to look at the Owlman shots and not hear James Wood's voice in your head discussing the possibility of alernate earths!

Prowl_2009
07-21-2011, 11:05 AM
SDCC 2011 DCUC Updates:

. DCUC Wave 19 at Comic Con
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...dcc-2011-4448/

. More DCUC SDCC 2011 Exclusive Swamp Thing pictures
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...dcc-2011-4449/

. Batman: Arkham City & Legacy figures at SDCC 2011
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...dcc-2011-4451/

We also have two new shots today of LOSH figures Karate Kid and Brainiac-5, thanks to our friends over at DCUC.info!

CTO15
07-21-2011, 12:47 PM
the photos of the Legion set look amazing.

I just don't think I'll be able to pick up all the amazing stuff. Combine DCUC with MU, MLs, HT I'm screwed

Prowl_2009
07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
We now have confirmation that the DCUC Wave 19 Hawkman actually will be coming with an alternate headsculpt. :D To be honest, I was really thinking of passing this Hawkman up, as I find the Wave 6 figure I have to be vastily superior, but, now with that alternate Katar Hol head sculpt, I think I'll be grabbing him afterall!

Thanks to The Fwoosh for this awesome shot taken at SDCC 2011! :cool:

TheKruseMissile
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm new to this...how long will it probably be until we know who will be in wave 20? I ask because the BAF is Nekron, which makes me think another Lantern Wave. And I'm currenly collecting GL characters and want to try and avoid buying other versions of characters that will end up in the Nekron wave.

CTO15
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Just wait till sat afternoon after the Mattel panel. The news will be uploaded then for upcoming waves

TheKruseMissile
07-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Ah, cool. I just started collecting DC figs so I'm unfamiliar with when announcements are made and stuff. Thanks!

Toy Gremlin
07-22-2011, 10:59 PM
So far this is what they said DCUC Wave 20 will consist of and had pictures for:

Hawk
Dove
Green Arrow
Red Arrow
Reverse Flash
BAF Nekron

There are 2 others that haven't been shown yet. They are Sinestro (Corps) and Flash (White Lantern).

TheKruseMissile
07-23-2011, 12:55 AM
I like the wave overall, but WTF? Why is Nekron so tiny? He looks like he's about the same size as the regular figures! Not happy about that at all.

Benzo
07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I like the wave overall, but WTF? Why is Nekron so tiny? He looks like he's about the same size as the regular figures! Not happy about that at all.

Nekron will be average BAF size. the figures in the pics are just 12" models of what the actual figures are going to look like.

TheKruseMissile
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Haha, okay, that explains it.

Prowl_2009
07-25-2011, 12:40 PM
What an exciting weekend for DCUC Fans at SDCC 2011!

For those that missed some of the convention highlights, DCUC Wave 20, which was unvailed at the show, will be the last DCUC retailer wave.

Since DC is re-branding and renumbering, think of the DCUC situation not as an end but a kickstart to something else.

Quoted from panel discussion: “We will still see 6″ DC figures that can live along side your existing collection.”

Below, you'll also find attached shots of DCUC Wave 20, supplied to us by our friends over at DCUC.info! :cool:

Prowl_2009
07-25-2011, 12:51 PM
We also have shots today of Mattel's proposed exclusive DCUC figures for their newly announced DCUC Infinate Eaths club!

Feast your eyes on:

Jay Garrick (Flash)
Atrocitus
Starman

The first 3 monthly figures offered through the club. Mattel is also holding another Fan's Choice Poll for a future monthly figure, as you can see from the slide posted below...

Sinestro Corps Sinestro and White Lantern Flash will also be unvailed later this year!

Thanks to DCUC.info for the attached shots! :cool:

CTO15
07-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice to see they at using a smaller buck for jay. I Wish they would do the same for the other flashes

Prowl_2009
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
We also have confirmation that a new Batman Legacy Arkham City Joker and Robin 2-pack is also on the horizon for a Fall 2011 release!

On top of this, when you purchase Arkham City from TRU, you'll receive a free Arkham City Batman figure done up in his classic 1970's colors! Also slated for Fall 2011!

lars573
07-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Nice to see they at using a smaller buck for jay. I Wish they would do the same for the other flashes
You'll have to wait for the re-branded line for that to happen.

CTO15
07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
You'll have to wait for the re-branded line for that to happen.

and who knows if that will even happen. They could easily use the same bucks from the DCUC for the DCnU

Prowl_2009
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
There has been a lot of misinterpritation as to some things mentioned at the DCUC Mattel panel at SDCC 2011, so posted below is a link to an audio interview of some of the top brass in the DCUC department at Mattel to clear up any misconceptions about what was said during the panel and exactly what fan's of the DCUC line can expect in the coming months:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/afis-sdcc-11-matteldc-interview

Thank you to AFI for sharing the link with us! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Over the long weekend, MattyCollector revealed another Infinate Earth's exclusive for the DC Universe Classics Line - Poison Ivy.

According to MattyCollector's Facebook Page: Hey DC Universe fans, you asked for it, you got it! Here is the reveal of another 6″ character in the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program…Poison Ivy! To get this figure, as well as the other subscription figures, sign up for the club: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

They also further updated their Facebook page with what the outcome will be for these figures if the club doesn't go through: To clarify the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription, If the sub does not move forward, the figures announced will not be a part of the 2012 retail line. The only way we will create these DC Universe figures in 2012 is through the subscription program. To get Starman, Atrocitus, Flash 1, and Poison Ivy, sign up for the sub: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

So there you have it, only way we're getting these is to sign up for the Infinate Earth Club and hoping it goes through. Kinda disappointing if you ask me.

Thanks to MattyCollector for the update! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Our buddies over at TheFwoosh were kind enough to pass on some great loose shots of the entire second wave of Batman Legacy figures!

As we know, Wave 2 consists of:

Batman w/ Batmite (Earth-2)
Batgirl
Catman

Catman is the only completely new figure in the series. He features the standard male legs, the belt trunks and the larger upper body and arms in his make-up. The Four Horsemen paid some real attention to detail with this figure, even going so far as to giving him the bulkier chest, he was pretty bulked up in those Gail Simone Secret Six comics. He comes with some new pieces, including a new sculpted belt, pointy shoes and cape straps. The head sculpt is awesome and I love the addition of the 5-o'clock shadow. The figure features excellent paint work, including some superb air brushing and nice crisp lines and overall chest symbol. He also comes with some neat looking claws that fit pretty well, although not perfectly flush, on his knuckles. I must agree with The Fwoosh when they say this figure, along with Owlman, easily belong on this year's Top 10, and overall, best pair of DCUC figures to date!

Batman (Earth-2) is the second figure in the line. He utilizes parts from past Batman figures, but sports a new, smiling head sculpt and will perfectly fit alongside your JSA pieces. It's pretty obvious that the popular Batman: The Brave and the Bold show was a big reason we finally got both this piece and the Golden Age Joker and I think that's great! Batman also features the first Batman Legacy pack-in companion - Batmite. He looks good and I love his cowl with the one askewed ear! No other accessories are included, but this is one awesome 2-pack I am sure DC and BTBATB fans will snatch off the pegs quickly!

A repainted Batgirl (Barbara Gordan) rounds things out in the second Batman Legacy Wave. She looks great in her new, glossy black costume and although I really wasn't crazy about the figure when it was first revealed, I have changed my mind and will most deffinetly be picking her up. Yeah, she's a straight up reapint with no accessories, short of a display stand, but it's Babs Gordan and this new cosutme really works on her.

There you have it, a line that outdoes the first in every way if you ask me! Catman is amazing and the K-Mart exclusive Earth-2 Batman / Batmite combo pack have sealed the deal for me, and throwing in a newly repainted Batgirl is just a nice bonus! All 3 of these pieces are highly recommended and I hope we will see more Legacy DCUC figures in the near future!

Enjoy the attached shots, thanks to TheFwoosh!

CTO15
08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Damn kmart exclusives

vujonny
08-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Damn kmart exclusives

Aw so this whole wave is K mart exclusive?

Prowl_2009
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Aw so this whole wave is K mart exclusive?

Only Batman w/ Batmite is, the others appear to be mass retail releases.

Yobuster
08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Over the long weekend, MattyCollector revealed another Infinate Earth's exclusive for the DC Universe Classics Line - Poison Ivy.

According to MattyCollector's Facebook Page: Hey DC Universe fans, you asked for it, you got it! Here is the reveal of another 6″ character in the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program…Poison Ivy! To get this figure, as well as the other subscription figures, sign up for the club: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

They also further updated their Facebook page with what the outcome will be for these figures if the club doesn't go through: To clarify the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription, If the sub does not move forward, the figures announced will not be a part of the 2012 retail line. The only way we will create these DC Universe figures in 2012 is through the subscription program. To get Starman, Atrocitus, Flash 1, and Poison Ivy, sign up for the sub: http://bit.ly/mURsgQ

So there you have it, only way we're getting these is to sign up for the Infinate Earth Club and hoping it goes through. Kinda disappointing if you ask me.

Thanks to MattyCollector for the update! :cool:

Given that the subscription level is not even at 40%, i'm willing to bet there is a very slim like 0.01% that the sub will go ahead.

Prowl_2009
08-07-2011, 06:24 PM
MattyCollector has extended the deadline one more week for their DCUC Infinate Earths club. Now fan's have until Sunday, August 14th, 2011 at 11:59 PM to purchase a club membership...

Said MattyCollector: At press time the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths sign-ups are at 29%. We’re still 71% away from the level of subscribers needed to move forward but we really want to see this club happen, so we’re extending the sale one more week. And what’s good for one is good for all, so now you’ve got until Sunday August 14th at 11:59 p.m. PT to order any of our 2012 subscriptions!

DC Universe Club Infinite Earths
True collector 6″ characters like Poison Ivy, Atrocitus, The Flash 1 and Starman, oversized figures and fan’s choice for the club-exclusive!

So DC Fans, we have another week to make this club a reality. Sign up today! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Today, thanks to The Fwoosh, we have some awesome shots of the newly released DCUC Mad Love 2-pack, which has started showing up at Toys R Us in the US.

The figures within are exact copies of their first release counterparts, although Joker sports a new suit and Harley Quinn finally has a properly painted face without the blue shadowing.

All the accessories, Harley's mallet and pop-gun and Joker's mallet, cane, playing cards and laughing fish, are included within the set, so if this is your first Joker and Harley Quinn, you get all the accessories from their original releases.

Articulation on Joker takes a slight hit over the Wave 10 original from 2009, as his neck is stiffer and doesn't have the full range of motion the Wave 10 version did. Also, his new coat is a much stiffer plastic, which seems to hinder the ab movement. The rocker ankles are also missing, giving this Joker a much stiffer stance than the original.

Paint is good as well. As mentioned, the blue shading on Harley Quinn is gone, although a nice subtle wash around the eyes is present. Her face is a much nicer shade of white this time, as is Jokers. The pinstripes on Joker's pants is also a nice, subtle affect.

Packaging is done up in the same style as the Tango with Evil painting done by Alex Ross, which inspired this set and looks great if you're a MISB collector. If not, no need to worry about the pose warping limbs on the figures as they are packaged in a way that prevents this from happening.

All in all, this is a great set. It has some small flaws, but they can easily be overlooked considering all that you get within this 2-pack. Highly recommended, even if you already have Joker and Harley figures. They're improvements, for the most part, over their original releases, all the accessories are present and the packaging is aces all around!

Enjoy the attached shots of this TRU exclusive supplied by our buddies over at The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
. Check out this audiocast of a round table discussion on the topic of Mattel's Club Infinate Earths. They discuss some great points. It runs about 30-minutes, but is worth listening to.

http://www.dcuc.info/features/dcuc-discussion-with-julius-marx-spy-monkey-creations/

Thanks to DCUC.info for passing it on! ;)

. We also have a new shot of the Arkham City exclusive Batman figure fan's will recieve if they get the game at Toys R Us!

Enjoy!

Prowl_2009
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Whether you are a DC or MOTU fan, it was rather upsetting to hear that the DCUC vs MOTU 2-packs would be scrapped after this year.

While I was under the impression (because I don't really follow this particular line) that the Comic Con exclusive Faker vs. Bizzaro would be the last pack, I find myself corrected.

Two more sets are slatted to hit TRU retailers before the end of the year, and this morning, thanks to TheFwoosh, we have (or at least I have) our first look at the two final DCUC vs MOTU sets.

Feast your eyes on:

Green Lantern vs. Zodiac
Supergirl vs She-Ra

Green Lantern is basically a straight up repack of last year's metallic painted version of Hal Jordan and comes with DCUC Wave 11 John Stewart's machine gun construct.

The Supergirl included in the She-Ra set is the Linda Danvers version of the character and, like Bizzaro, is a straight up repack of the DCSH line. Interestingly though, the bio included on the box is that of Kara and not Linda.

In my opinion, while DC fans should just up and skip the Green Lantern set, the Bizzaro and Supergirl set are worth getting as neither character has been released for a while and it may be a good chance to finally add the pair to your collection.

We have some pictures below for your viewing pleasure, compliments of our friends over at TheFwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Hey DCUC fans! Got a few news tidbits for you all today:

1) MattyCollector has extended their subscription pre-orders for DC Infinate Eaths one last time, the sale has been extended until Aug. 22. Matty says this will be the last time an extension is given, so if you want a DC Infinate Earth's subscription, this is your last chance.

2) Canadian DCUC fan's can rest easy if they were concerned about getting their hands on the TRU Exclusive Arkham City Batman figure. According to Toys R Us Canada, both US and Canadian TRU will be getting the figure. They also state that pre-ordering the game or grabbing it on the first day of release is your best way to get your hands on the figure as quantities will be limited.

3) We have some slideshow shots from Matty Poloza 2011, thanks to MattyCollector's Facebook page. The slides show off the Legion of Superheroes 12-pack, slated for release in October, as well as more info regarding the DC Infinate Earths club and the fact that we're still going to see DCUC figures at retail.

Thanks to MattyCollector and Toys R Us for passing these updates along. :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
We have a nice look this afternoon at the Arkham City 2-pack, recently released under the Batman Legacy series of figures from Mattel.

Released to celebrate the soon-to-be-launched Arkham City, the sequel to Arkham Asylum, this 2-pack features Batman and Two-Face, in a scale and asthletic that is slightly larger, but still works, alongside your DCUC figures.

Batman looks great. His armor is beautifully textured and his coloration is superb. I think the colors on Mattel's version vasily outweigh the DC Direct figure as, for some reason, DCD decided to go with both black and blue colors on the cowl and cape, and I can't stand it. This Batman also features nice detailing on his gloves and boots as well. The articulation is good and matches that of DCUC figures in my opinion.

Two-Face is the 2-packs baddie. He's finally got some muscle to him this time around and the scarring is detailed and realistic, unlike the green or symmetrical scarring we've seen in the past. He comes with his signature coin, but it's stuck in his hand and can't be removed. His articulation is similar to DCUC figures, however, he has cut, not ball jointed shoulders. We got an explanation for this at Comic Con in that the different materials used to make the body and suit jacket did not come together in a natural way with ball jointed shoulders (think of a “vest” look) so aesthetically, they made the joint choice.

Mattel is beginning a new age with their DCUC line, and Batman Legacy is leading that new age, with figures spanning both comics and video games. This is a nice set, plain and simple and if you're a fan of the game, you'll want to add these two to your collection. The next Arkham City set to be released will feature Joker and the newly revealed Robin, so stay tuned for further updates!

Enjoy the attached shots supplied by The Fwoosh! :cool:

Prowl_2009
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
From MattyCollector:

Hey DCU fans!

Okay, so the big elephant in the room. YES, we know fans have been asking for more info on Club Infinite Earth’s and we want to help clear the air on a lot of confusion.

1: First off. Yes DC 6” will continue at retail in 2012 but their will be a lot of changes. Collect and Connect and the Wave strategy will be gone. The focus will be on much more mainstream and kid/mom friendly mixes/characters. This is WHY we created the club, to give a home to those team builders, C and D list characters and fan demanded variants who may no longer be showing up at retail in 2012.

2: A lot of fans were concerned over the limited purchase window and the timing with SDCC. This was very much due to the limited time Mattel had to make a required direction change for the line (due to both sales data and licensor requests). We wanted to keep the 6” line going (in terms of deep deep character selection). The Club concept was put together VERY quickly before SDCC which is why few details are not yet locked in at this point (i.e. packaging, full character roll out etc…). We’ve got our best collector team on this and are working hard with the die hard fans in mind to deliver what you have been asking for!

3: To clarify on character selection, as most fans have speculated, there will not be any repaints or rehashes in the online club. The whole point of the online Club Infinite Earth is to keep delivering the fan demanded figures you want in 6”Four Horsemen scale. Because the retail line is going a bit more mainstream, this online club IS the avenue going forward for fans to get the team builders, females, aliens and obscure characters they want. While we can’t reveal all the details for the line up, as a reference, just check out Club Eternia. MOTU fans have enjoyed a steady stream of fan requests, deliberate team building and never before made figures. This is the same basic strategy and approach we will be taking with the DC Club Infinite Earth sub. We know we don’t have all the details yet, but our strategy is the same. Definately a trust request here from Mattel to the fan base, but we are comitted to deliver on that!

4: Our meter really is the minimum number of “all in” sub buyers we need to turn the machines on. While Cherry Pickers are great for additional day-of sales, we need a committed baseline of sub holders to pull the trigger on this (much as we have for MOTU and GB each year, the sub is our guarantee that we can at least move the bare min number of units to keep the line going!). If you are on the fence, time to pony up and vote with your purchase!

Club Infinite Earths is designed for the die hard DCU 6” Four Horsemen style collector. The Club gives us the opportunity to do figures that would not work at retail (due to size, character selection or other factors) and is the best avenue for us to keep building teams and pumping out fan demanded figures. Again, just look at MOTUC. It started off as one figure a month and due to fan support as blossomed well beyond that.

So to do this we need your support! If you are still on the fence, hopefully this will clarify some concerns. Toy Guru, Fan Girl 2.0 and other members of our marketing staff will hang out on the Ask Matty forum and try to clear up any other remaining questions.

The future of DCU 6” is literally in fans hands. We know not every subscription program is perfect, but man, we really are burning the midnight oil to deliver a great program for you guys. If we have enough support, the club could potentially have unlimited potential!

Click on over to Mattycollector.com to purchase any one of the 2012 subscriptions and don’t forget to vote in the Club Infinite Earths sub only bonus figure poll to choose the first oversized figure!

Matty

Check out a site that has been launched in a further attempt to keep our favourite DC based figure line a float:

http://www.savedcuc.com/

Thanks MattyCollector, hopefully this will clear some things up surrounding the club and future of DCUC. ;)

Prowl_2009
08-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Check out this awesome article posted by TheFwoosh as they plead to keep DC Universe Classics alive and well...

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/we-have...ive#more-17949

-KG-
08-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Check out this awesome article posted by TheFwoosh as they plead to keep DC Universe Classics alive and well...

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/we-have...ive#more-17949

The link doesn't work. I wonder if they were forced to take it down?

Prowl_2009
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
The link doesn't work. I wonder if they were forced to take it down?

Try this one...

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/we-have-a-crisis-on-our-hands-keep-dc-universe-classics-alive#more-17949

Update: This link works. ;)

Prowl_2009
08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Check out the article Your Hub posted regarding how toy fan's are ralleying to save the DC Universe Classics line from cancellation...

http://yourhub.denverpost.com/def-section/item/DEoB4CiJ8ghxSVLMCSM4sM-ugc

CTO15
08-17-2011, 11:13 AM
anybody here order a subscription? I'm still on the fence about it.

They are planning to release classic characters in the new revamp DCnU line; so hopefully if this sub does not go through, we will see the likes of Jay Garrick, Starman, Poison Ivy there.

pud333
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Not me. Honestly, if the prices keep creeping up on these figures, I may have to drop the DCUC line altogether. I'm already being very careful and picky about what I buy these days.

Prowl_2009
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
anybody here order a subscription? I'm still on the fence about it.

They are planning to release classic characters in the new revamp DCnU line; so hopefully if this sub does not go through, we will see the likes of Jay Garrick, Starman, Poison Ivy there.

I signed up this afternoon. I don't want this line to end, so I'll do anything I can to make sure it keeps going strong!

Prowl_2009
08-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Hey, DC Fans! Thanks to our faithful friends over at The Fwoosh, we have a nice, in-depth look at the first 3 figures in DC Universe Classics Wave 19 (The second last retail wave).

The 3 figures we'll be looking at include:

The Atom (Al Pratt)
Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

For starters, we have JSA member Al Pratt, AKA The Atom. Rendered faithfully to his comic counterpart, this figure features lots of nice, bright colors. He is made up of some existing DCUC parts, but sports new shins due to his short stature. The Atom is smaller than the standard DCUC figure, which works though, since, in the comics, he's only about 5-feet high. He features standard DCUC articulation and comes with no accessories, other than the head and lower torso of S.T.R.I.P.E.

Next on the list is Sandman (Wesley Dodds). He is the one figure I was most excited to be getting in this wave once it was unvailed thanks to MTV Geek (Lord Naga and Stargirl round out my top 3 of the line). I've wanted a figure of Dodds forever and now the wait is finally over! He's made up of parts from DCUC Wave 11 The Question, but sports a new jacket and tie and also comes with his gas mask and gas gun. The paint is great and he has a nice Golden Age look to him. The Four Horsemen even gave him a hook on his jacket so he can hang his gun. Got to love details like that!

Finally today, we round out our in-depth look with Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore). I have to agree with The Fwoosh when I say Stargirl is my favorite female character to come along in a while, at least since Wave 9 Black Canary. She sports a metallic paint job on her cosutme and you've got to just love the look on her face! She has her requisite Star Rod that she borrows from the Jack Knight figure, but this time it is cast in a translucent plastic, almost like it is charged-up. She also comes with S.T.R.I.P.E.'s left arm.

Well there you have it, our first in-depth look at DC Universe Classics Wave 19. Hopefully we'll be getting shots of Lord Naga, Hawkman and Magog soon.

Stay tuned and if you haven't already, subscribe to Mattel's DCUC Club Infinate Earth's today!

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=matty&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=233873400

Prowl_2009
08-23-2011, 09:23 AM
. Check out this great Q&A with the Four Horsemen:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/dc-classics-conversation-qa-with-the-four-horsemen-on-the-dcuc-subscription

. As of now, the sub page for Club Infinite Earth's remains open, as does the poll page for the club's oversized figure...

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayHomeOffersPage

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.DCU_Poll

. According to Matty Collector's Facebook page, there will be an announcement regarding Club Infinite Earth's later in the week.

. Entertainment Earth posted a new shot of the Arkham City Robin vs. Joker 2-pack, set to be released in the fall along with the Arkham City video game. Enjoy the attached shot below, and thanks to EE for passing it on!

Prowl_2009
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks to our friends over at TheFwoosh, we have a really nice, in-depth look at the up-coming Matty Collector exclusive Legion of Superheroes 12 pack. Slated for release this October, it is the largest DCUC set we've gotten to date and features 12 of the Legions most memorable members.

Included in this beautifully boxed set are:

Superboy: This is the first time we've gotten a younger version of Kal-El and Mattel's version looks really good. He sports the lighter blue, shorter capped costume seen in the comics and his sculpt captures his persona well. Love the grin and sculpted ring as well!

Cosmic Boy: There was no doubt Cosmic Boy was going to be in this set, everyone knew he would be. From Mattel to the fan's, we all expected it. He sports his iconic pink and black costume and a cosmic ring sculpted onto his hand.

Saturn Girl: Another member we knew would be in the set, she is the packs sole female member and uses parts borrowed from the standard DCUC female body and sports a flexable short skirt.

Lightening Lad: Again, we knew he was going to be included. He features great, yet slightly subdued colors on his costume and the lightening bolts are nice and crisp. Also, who doesn't love that '77 haircut? Guess it came back into style at some point between than and the 31st century.

Brainiac-5: This has to be one of my most favorite pieces in the set. His green skin, purple jump suit and blonde hair all look great together and I love the addition of folds and creases in his costume and that kindly facial expression.

Chameleon Boy: This has to be the oddest looking member in the set. Love the 50's B-movie look to him though, and the yellow and lavender colored costume is so off the wall, it can't not be cool.

Karate Kid: His gigantic popped collar attached to his gi, which is made of nice, soft plastic and he sports double-jointed elbows, something that is unique to this figure in the set.

Ultra Boy: Another favorite in the set, I love the red and green color scheme on the costume. Also sports a sculpted ring and boot fringes as well as some awesome sideburns.

Timber Wolf: This guy is all kinds of cool. Love the whited out eyes and the orange and black costume with the silver wolf logo in the centre of his chest. This is the Timber Wolf version they should've gone with, as he's had a few, sometimes slightly odd, incarnations over the years, but this is best, in my opinion.

Wildfire: How cool is Wildfire? Orange and Red make for an awesome color scheme on his costume and I just love that visage-hiding mask.

Invisible Kid: Basically included in the set to balance the packages symmetry I figure.

Matter Eater Lad: Not only does he have a really cool name for a superhero, but he also sports a mouth full of matter and fingerless gloves, so on those two marits alone, this piece is an awesome inclusion in the set.

Colossal Boy: Made up from parts used on C&C Wave 7 Atom Smasher, Colossal Boy is all kinds of awesome! Love the red and blue costume color scheme. It has a metallic sheen to it and is both simple and very eye-catching. A great oversized figure and addition to the overall set.

So, to sum things up, this set is all kinds of awesome! The 12 LOSH members included, as well as the extras thrown in (A 24-karat gold plated LOSH flight ring and an interesting Proty figure) make this a must own set for DCUC and LOSH fans alike! It's the biggest set we've gotten thus far and really delivers on all fronts! Don't pass this one up!

Thanks to TheFwoosh for all the awesome attached shots!

vujonny
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
That's huge! How much do you think this sets gonna be?

bambam
08-23-2011, 11:09 AM
That's huge! How much do you think this sets gonna be?
At SDCC, Mattel said around $180 plus shipping.

pud333
08-23-2011, 03:37 PM
That is epic. I can't afford it, nor do I have room in my place for it, but if I could get it, I would keep the figures inside the casings. They look awesome like that.

-KG-
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
That's a great looking set, but probably too pricey for me. Would really like that Karate Kid though.

Prowl_2009
08-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Two small DCUC announcements have just hit my inbox, so I figured I'd pass them on to everyone....

. As reported on the main page of the site, it appears Winners is stocking DCUC figures at $7.99 according to AFN members lars573 and pandaprime. Currently, the sitings were made at Winners in BC and Nova Scotia and seem to consist of figures from waves 11 (Kilowog), 13 (Trigon) & 15 (Validus).

. According to the Matty Collector forums, it seems Mattel is trying to move the DCUC Infinate Earth's Club subscription forward.

Said Toy Guru on the sites forum:

The final tally was around 60-62% (I’ll need to ask the DC team for an exact number). We are literally reviewing the numbers to see if their is anyway to go forward now that we are under 100%. It may take another week or so before we will know an answer. Fans have been so passionate, but in the end it comes down to whether their are enough of them to move forward with this program!

Thanks to Mattel for the update!

lars573
08-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Wave 15 is Validus, wave 14 is Ultra Humanite. I've got a alien monster leg not a albino ape's leg.

Prowl_2009
08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Wave 15 is Validus, wave 14 is Ultra Humanite. I've got a alien monster leg not a albino ape's leg.

Fixed. My Mistake. :p

Prowl_2009
08-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Two small DCUC updates have once again entered my mailbox this morning...

. Here is the latest update from Toy Guru regarding what's going on with the DCUC Club Infinite Earth's at this point:

New from Toy guru:
"If the sub goes through it will be at the advertised price.

However, we are exploring the possibilty of higher prices for non sub holders who buy product day of (i.e. cherry pickers). This is similar to how magazines cost more at a news stand vs. having a subscription. This is only one of many options we are exploring based on the subscription numbers we got (less then the needed... 100%) and is not at all the direction we are for sure going in. Right now we are just exploring many options to see if anything is possible to keep the sub alive based on the lower then expected sub interest.

But for those who bought a sub, if the sub goes forward you are locked in to the advertised prices even if maybe possibly day of prices goes up slightly (1 or 2 dollars).

If the sub is canceled, yes of course full refunds will be given for any charges!

. TRU Canada has gotten in touch with me and has said that Canadian fan's will want to check their local TRU and online for the next batch of Batman Legacy figures (Wave 2) around early to mid September as they should be showing up at Canadian retailers around that time.

Thanks to MattyCollector and TRU Canada for today's updates!

vujonny
08-25-2011, 11:16 AM
^ that is awesome news~!

aznpnoy
08-25-2011, 02:28 PM
does this mean we are getting catman/batgirl/batmite? :D

Prowl_2009
08-25-2011, 02:34 PM
does this mean we are getting catman/batgirl/batmite? :D

Catman and Batgirl yes. Seems like Batman though will come on his own as the version that includes Batmite is a K-Mart exclusive and won't be available in Canada.

Prowl_2009
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Please take the following with a grain of salt...

In regards to the DCUC Infinite Earths club, some members of the MattyCollector Facebook page are claiming their credit cards were charged for the club sub. However, there is one sole member claiming he has inside info from Mattel claiming the club is a no-go and they're in the process of refunding. He hasn't supplied a statement or proof of this claim from Mattel. So, as of right now, we still don't know which way things will swing. Although many believe, since tomorrow will mark the launch of the DCnU, we will hear something by tomorrow...

Prowl_2009
09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Today, we have some more Ask Matty answers regarding DCUC...

From Action Figure Blues:

Q: Can you please explain what "no more waves" for DCUC (or whatever it becomes) means exactly? How will future figures appear at retail?

A: Instead of appearing in waves, figures will simply be in mixes. This means that you’ll see a few figures on shelf at a time, but not an entire wave of figures, united by a theme or a collect-and-connect figure.

Q: We are looking forward to the Legion of Superheroes DCUC Boxed Set! Are there are other larger selections of characters like this in the pipeline?

A: We loved creating the Legion of Superheroes pack! If large packs with a collection of characters make sense in the future, it’s definitely something that we’d explore again. In the interim, be sure to visit Mattycollector.com on October 17 to pick up your Legion of Superheroes pack!

From TheFwoosh:

Q: When we will know more information about the definitive DC plans for retail and other outlets in 2012? At this point, any news would be welcome as we are all kind of hanging.

A: More updates to come at NYCC and on Mattycollector.com!

Q: You said that with the DC subscription, the larger characters would no long have size restrictions due to the packaging. Can you give us a realistic idea of what that means though in relation to the price point? Tytus and Megator were both $40 and not much bigger than Giganta, would it be about the same thing we can expect for a $30 price?

A: There are some differences between the DCU and MOTU lines, so it’s hard to make a direct comparison. What we can say is that the oversized DCU figures will be sure to delight the fans!

Q: Matty – even with DC doing this (seemingly) poorly-conceived relaunch of their universe and characters, why is there not room at retail for both parent and kid friendly lines, as well as collector lines with classic figures? Why does the division of retail and Matty Collector have to be made so sharply? The “adult collector” market is still very much alive.

A: Yes, we know that the adult collector market is very much alive, and that’s why we wanted to offer the best solution for that market…product that lives on the Mattel home for action figure collector product – Mattycollector.com.

Q: Matty, I am a DC fan that signed up for not one, but TWO subscriptions to the Club Infinite Earths. I did this because I want to continue to collect the classic characters that I know and love. For the first time I feel like I have to rely on other fan’s (not retailers) commitment in order to continue to take part in a hobby that I have loved for a long time. If the sub does not go through what is next for someone like me? Someone who bought in and encourged others to do so? When does doing all that is being asked of me to let my hobby continue not being enough become okay? I am starting to feel very alientated so I really hope that sub goes through. Thanks.

A: We have an awesome line up of characters that we’d love to produce, and we’re hoping just as much as you are that Club Infinite Earths goes through!

From Infinite Hollywood:

Q: On the recent MattyCollector poll for the DCUC figure, Black Lantern Swamp Thing was mentioned as a possible choice. Assuming you guys ever decided to make this character, would he be made of rubber like the SDCC Swamp Thing and essentially be a "repaint" for lack of a better word or would be actually full sculpted poseable figure as highly requested by fans?

A: If we proceeded with Black Lantern Swamp Thing, he would not just be a repaint. Additional decisions would be made closer to production, but for now we can say that he would not just be a repaint.

Thanks to everyone who shared these answers with us! :cool:

Prowl_2009
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Mattel's DCUC Infinite Earth's Club is moving forward DC Fans! Here is the update from Fan Girl 2.0, posted only moments ago to the MattyCollector Facebook page!!!

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!

We have some good news...the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.

Current subscribers will get 6" and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.

In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.

And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. We've heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now you'll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.

We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figure...Metron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!

All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!

-FanGirl 2.0 :)

Don't know about you guys, but this made my day!!! :D

Prowl_2009
09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Check out this really sweet 2-part review Scotty Cash did on the DCUC Legion of Superheroes 12-pack for The Pop Culture Network...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0HRxFL-Dc&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-0iKA_An0&feature=feedu

pud333
09-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Damn. I will never own that.

lars573
09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I was going to try, but 180 bones (plus shipping) in October just wasn't doable.

pud333
09-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I might be enticed to pull the money together if it were a different team. This sort of thing would be more viable - both in terms of cost and actual physical storage needs - if Mattel actually had a decent 3.75" line to rival MU. Still bitter I don't have a better 3.75" Superman other than the one I got for DCIH which is now dead and really wasn't that great a line.

Prowl_2009
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Check out this neat site:

http://www.metronschair.com/

There, you can sign a petition to have Mattel make the DCUC Infinite Earth's exclusive Metron figure come complete with a light-up chair! Who knows, we saved DCUC, maybe Mattel will listen to the fans and really pimp out Metron's ride! Sign it today! ;)

Prowl_2009
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Seems like we may have some new Batman Legacy 2-packs to choose from in the coming months. Check out the write-up TRU has for their Batman Legacy 2-packs:

Celebrating one of the greatest superheroes of all time, the Legacy 2-Pack action figures takes its inspiration from Batman™ films and the Batman: Arkham City video game. Multiple versions of Batman and legendary villains like The Joker, Catwoman and Ra's Al Ghul are included. Released in three waves, a total of six 2-packs will be available for fall 2011.

There is also a rumor circulating that Wave 3 of the Batman Legacy line will consist of 2-packs featuring Batman and Catwoman as well as Batman and Ra's Al Ghul.

More info as it develops!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11531832

Prowl_2009
09-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Mattel has decided to, once again, open up their 2012 Subscriptions one last time. DC Universe Club Infinite Earths, MOTUC Club Eternia, Voltron Club Lion Force and the all-new MOTUC 30th Anniversary Series will be on sale 9/16-10/3 ONLY.

You can read the full story here: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#2011SubOpenAgain

CTO15
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Mattel just looks so weak re-opening subscriptions.

Prowl_2009
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
TheFwoosh recently conducted their latest Ask Matty Q&A session with Mattel, who were kind enough to answer some more questions, allbeit in sparce detail, regarding the future of the DCUC retail line...

Q: When are we going to get some insight to the game plan for DC 6-inch at retail? Hopefully by the time this question is answered we will know the fate of the subscription, but a LOT of fans really need to know what the plan for store shelves is once 2012 hits.

A: At NYCC we’ll have more news on the specifics of the DC Universe product at retail in 2012.

Q: There seems to be a little confusion about the upcoming, re-branded 6″ retail line. You have said that the character selection will focus not merely on DCnU designs, but on more “mainstream” characters like Superman and Batman. Seeing as how there are a limited number of “mainstream” characters, can we expect the line to explore classic, comic-inspired figures (for example Golden Age Superman or Earth-2 Robin) or is it more likely to venture into things like “scuba attack Batman” and “kryptonite armor Superman”?

A: You likely won’t see “Scuba Attack Batman” in the rebranded line. While the line will focus on mainstream characters such as Batman and Superman, think of all of the awesome versions of Batman and Superman in the comics. We can bring those to life in the 2012 retail line.

You can read the full Q&A session with Mattel here:

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/09/ask-matty-91511

CTO15
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
So I got in an email from Matty that they are giving the opportunity for customers to "back out" of the DC subscription

Dear cto15,
As you may know from our earlier announcement or the buzz on fan boards, DC Universe Club Infinite Earths is moving forward despite not reaching our goal for subscription signups. We're excited to offer the club to fans who want to receive the awesome lineup of characters we have planned for 2012, including the fan-selected exclusive Metron in his Mobius Chair.
Because we originally stated we would only move forward with the club if we met the goal, we would like to give anyone who wants to opt out of the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program the chance to do so.
To unsubscribe, please send an email to MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com with the three following items of information:
1) Full name on your order
2) Email address on your order
3) Order ID number
Or call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY and a representative will assist you.
This option is only available for DC Universe Club Infinite Earths and your purchase must have been made during the original subscription period between 7/22/11 and 8/22/11.
You must unsubscribe on or before 9/27/11. Once the date has passed, DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscriptions cannot be canceled.
Subscriptions to DC Universe Club Infinite Earths will be available for purchase once again from 9/16/11 through 10/3/11. If you unsubscribe and would like to re-subscribe, you may do so at MattyCollector.com any time during the on-sale period. You will not be able to re-subscribe after 10/3/11.
There are several great reasons why you should consider keeping your current subscription. For 2012, the prices for figures offered to non-subscribers during the monthly sales at MattyCollector.com will be higher than those purchased through the subscription ($15 for 6" figures for subscribers versus $18 at MattyCollector.com during the monthly sales; $30 for oversized figures for subscribers versus $45 for oversized figures during the monthly sales). Subscribers are guaranteed to get the subscription prices on all figures offered throughout 2012. This club has been created to offer true collector characters from the DC lineup -- the subscription is the only way to guarantee you'll receive every club figure and the club-exclusive Metron, plus lock in the lower subscriber pricing.
Sincerely,
MattyCollector.com
I just read that they just canceled the Ghostbusters subscription as well. This really seems like they don't want to continue the DC line. I have no clue what is going on with Mattel right now...

Prowl_2009
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Check out TheFwoosh.com's review of the amazing 6" Young Justice Red Arrow figure. In my opinion, this is the best of the 6" Young Justice figures we've seen to date!

Red Arrow features all the usual articulation DC fans have come to know and love on the majority of Mattel's 6" figures and comes complete with a bow, four arrows and a quiver as well as a display base.

What is really nice about this piece is that it corrects the mistake made with DCUC Wave 9 Green Arrow and allows the unused arrows to be stored in the quiver.

All in all, this is an awesome figure that does a great job paying homeage to its cartoon counterpart. Hopefully the Wave 20 Speedy figure will be just as good!

See the full figure review here:

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/09/first-look-young-justice-red-arrow#more-18822

Prowl_2009
10-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Check out what Matty had to say regarding future retail DCUC 5-packs and future Matty.com multi-packs, similar to the LOSH set in their latest Q&A with The Fwoosh...

Q: Since you said more 5 packs were in the cards for retail in 2012, will those keep with the big guns or will that be a chance to get some more of the obscure characters out there as well?

A: We are considering additional multi-packs for retail in 2012. These are not necessarily 5-packs, they could be 2-packs, 3-packs, 4-packs, etc. In terms of characters, we will be looking at characters that we know the fans will love!

Q: Matty, I bet the LoSH 12-pack is going to be really successful because it looks awesome. If it does do well, may we PLEASE have future 12-packs on the site? I NEED a JSA set badly. Oh, and a villains set too!

A: If fans love the Legion of Super Heroes pack, we will definitely consider additional awesome multi-packs in the future.

You can see the whole Q&A here: http://thefwoosh.com/2011/10/ask-matty-10111

CTO15
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM
The question about another 12 pack is pointless. There are quite a bit of JSA characters being made/have been made in the regular line. If anything they could release those multipacks to fill out the ranks.

Prowl_2009
10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
DC Fan's have some nice surprises coming down the pipe this coming year! Check out The Fwoosh's (http://thefwoosh.com/2011/10/mattel-new-york-comic-con-update-dc-edition#more-19210)coverage of Mattel's newly revealed DC figures at last weekend's NYCC!

Aside from a nice glance at Metron, the DCU Club Infinite Earth's Exclusive figure, fan's can also expect a third wave of Batman Legacy figures, a retail released Larfreeze, a Superpowers inspired Penguin and a host of cool 2-packs!

It's going to be another awesome year for DC Fan's thanks to Mattel!

Enjoy!

Prowl_2009
11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
DC & WB Consumer Products Extend Agreement with Mattel:

Burbank, Calif., November 1, 2011 — Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), with DC Entertainment, announced today that it has extended its successful relationship with leading worldwide toy manufacturer, Mattel, Inc. The new multi-year agreement allows Mattel to continue as master toy licensee for the complete universe of DC Comics characters. Under the terms of this strategic alliance, Mattel is granted unprecedented access to the complete breadth and scope of the DC Comics vault of characters, which includes more than a thousand world-famous DC Comics Super Heroes and DC Comics Super Villains, such as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Joker. Further, the agreement includes popular characters such as The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam!, Green Arrow and Hawkman.

“We have developed an incredibly successful partnership with Mattel and we are very excited about taking the relationship to new levels,” said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment have an unrivaled slate of content support across all key platforms essential to our global consumer products business which is anchored by our alliance with Mattel.”

“The DC Comics Super Heroes enjoy a worldwide fan base that keeps the demand high for consistently imaginative new product,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President, Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing at Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “The extension of the Mattel agreement ensures that these fans will continue to be amazed by our DC Comics Super Hero offerings for many years to come.”

As part of the ongoing relationship, Mattel is set to develop toy lines for two of Warner Bros.’ most highly anticipated theatrical releases: on July 20, 2012, The Dark Knight Rises, and on June 14, 2013, Man of Steel. Future television-based collaborations include Warner Bros. Animation’s upcoming television series, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, along with their ongoing product support for Young Justice, also from Warner Bros. Animation. Both animated series are exclusive to Cartoon Network and will be the tentpole programming for “DC Nation,” the new multiplatform, branded block of original programming and exclusive content, featuring DC Comics’ library of legendary character properties, which will debut in 2012. A special Green Lantern: The Animated Series hour-long movie event airs Friday, November 11 at 7 p.m. on Cartoon Network. In addition to the rights to existing DC Comics characters, animation and motion pictures, the extension includes Mattel’s rights to produce toys based on future DC Comics films and animation projects that are developed and produced during the term of the agreement.

“Mattel has been a longtime, valuable partner to the DC Comics creative team,” stated Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment. “We look forward to working with Mattel and the Warner Bros. Consumer Products team to bring new DC Comics Super Hero toys to life for our fans around the world.”

Mattel supports the universe of DC Comics characters across all of its portfolio of core brands, including Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, Barbie®, Mattel Games and Fisher-Price®, where the DC Super Friends products featuring the Imaginext®, Shake ‘n Go®, GeoTrax® and HeroWorld™ lines have introduced the DC Comics characters to an increasingly vast audience. The addition of the new Little People® product line that features DC Comics characters will expand consumer appeal even further. Mattel continues to bring the talents of its world-class sculptors, designers and developers to create product lines that target kids, collectors and pop culture enthusiasts. In combination with their deep knowledge of kids and expertise in kid-targeted marketing, product and content development, Mattel has developed DC Comics Super Heroes sections in the toy aisle designed to attract a new generation of kids to the universe of DC Comics characters for the first time, while fueling the flames of collectors’ and fans’ passion for these popular characters. In 2012, Mattel will partner with Diamond Comic Distributors to help extend its presence globally with exclusive European distribution rights for the DC Comics 6″ action figure line. With the broad scope of category rights granted, Mattel is uniquely positioned to leverage this rich portfolio across many different categories.

“We are thrilled to further our long-standing partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and support the extensive DC Comics portfolio’s franchise development,” said Tim Kilpin, Executive Vice President of Mattel Brands. “The DC Comics characters are rich in story and we look forward to bringing these popular characters to life through innovative product design.”

During its 10-year relationship with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Mattel has created and delivered a number of successful toy lines that bring the fun, action-packed heroism and excitement of DC Comics’ characters to life, including top-of-the-line action figures, vehicles and role play accessories across all DC Comics brands, including the 2005 release of Batman Begins, the 2008 release of The Dark Knight and the 2011 release of Green Lantern, along with a collection of heroes and villains from the popular animated series Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice, as well as the Batman and Superman family of DC Comics Super Heroes action figure lines.

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

About Mattel

Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT – News) (Buy Christmas Gifts for Kids | Fun Holiday Gift Ideas for Boy & Girls | Mattel ) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco® R/C, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2011, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the fourth year in a row, and also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs approximately 30,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are “Creating the Future of Play.”

Prowl_2009
11-14-2011, 06:37 PM
MattyCollector.com's Facebook page recently posted a small sneak peek at what figures are in store for the first retail DC line in 2012. Making up the first line in 2012 of the new DC Universe All-Stars series are:

Batman Beyond : A re-release of the DCUC Wave 4 figure
Superboy Prime: Complete with Anti-Monitor Armor
Plastic Man: Based on his appearance in the Flashpoint comic series by Geoff Johns.
LarFleeze: First revealed at NYCC.

Here is what Matty had to say regarding the new line on their Facebook page:

2012 DC Universe All-Stars Sneak Peek

DC Universe Fans,

As you know, the DC Universe Classics line is finishing up at retail with the highly anticipated Wave 20, including the Fans Choice Collect and Connect® Nekron. Then, following Wave 20, well introduce a completely new DC Universe 6″ line at retail, the DC Universe All-Stars. Designed especially to complement the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths figures, this new line will blow your collector mind!

You first saw Larfleeze at New York Comic Con. Heres another look at him, plus your first official sneak peek at the rest of the figures from the first mix at retail…

•Larfleeze: The wielder of orange light finally joins the DC Universe! This collection-essential figure builds out the Corps.
•Superboy Prime: The only super-powered being on Earth Prime, he comes complete with his Anti-Monitor armor.
•Flashpoint Plastic Man: Check out this edgy new version of Plastic Man from the popular Flashpoint comics.
•Batman Beyond: Behold our sweet take on the iconic Caped Crusader.
So there they are – the four amazing figures that make up the first mix at retail. Its been an awesome year for the DC Universe line and with the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths program on Mattycollector.com and the DC Universe All-Stars line at retail, 2012 is going to be even better!

–Matty
I am very pleased with this first line of the re-branded DCUC figure line. So happy Mattel is re-releasing Batman Beyond most of all! Will be getting all of these awesome figures upon their release. As Mattel stated, 2012 is going to be an awesome year for DC Universe All-Star fans! More news as it develops!

Thanks to AFP and MattyCollector.com for the heads-up!

Prowl_2009
11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
BBTS has DC Universe All-Stars Series 1 available for pre-order on their site. You can either get the full set for $69.99 or each individual figure at $18.99 each.

The first series, which includes: Batman Beyond, Flashpoint Plastic Man, Larfleeze and Superboy Prime, is slated for a May 2012 release.

Pre-Order Today!!!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=dc+universe+all+stars