PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach Figures

Snoudzy
10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi All,

Anyone out in plastic crack land picked up the Halo Reach figures? I am on the fence with these leaning towards starting to pick them up as some of my other lines have stalled for now. I have picked them up and put them down in WM a few times. I recently finished the game it self and really enjoyed the variety of armors. I guess these would be another vein for my love of anything armored as I have tons of clones, Iron Man and the like.

Thanks,

- Snoudzy

CTO15
10-03-2010, 12:07 PM
I haven't picked them up, but they do look good.

They are making a warthog that will fit these figures, that might give you the push you need lol

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:a2lI2mjycTA7cM:http://www.gator.nl/images/Halo%20Reach%20Series%201%20Warthog%20Deluxe%20Box %20Set.jpg&t=1

Rogue_Optimus
10-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I picked them up, really like the armored troops. My only suggestion, keep an eye out if you want emile, the skull paint is a huge issue. If do you start picking them up, I suggest the red/blue 2-pack to start.

Snoudzy
10-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The next time I am in Toon I might make up my mind. My local WM does not seem to carry them yet. I've also been eyeing the Mega Blocks armors and might pick up the three armor suitcase to start off.

JSon
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I grabbed Jorge and Emile this weekend and I absolutely love them. I was really looking forward to them but when I saw them in store I was a little turned off and almost didn't pick them up. What I found is that they just don't look good in the packaging. Once you have them opened and out they look MUCH better as you can really see all the details on them clearly. Haven't put them down all weekend, I highly recommend.

Rogue_Optimus
10-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I grabbed Jorge and Emile this weekend and I absolutely love them. I was really looking forward to them but when I saw them in store I was a little turned off and almost didn't pick them up. What I found is that they just don't look good in the packaging. Once you have them opened and out they look MUCH better as you can really see all the details on them clearly. Haven't put them down all weekend, I highly recommend.

Just think how they'd look in a warthog. Looking forward to that

Cpl. Chrissandwich
10-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I got most of them except for the Elite minor, Toyrus exclusive figure and the Marines two packs. But I can say that tehy are better in the the Halo 3 figures and I loved those waves. So, just like JSon, I highly recommend too.

Snoudzy
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I pulled the trigger on the Mega Block Halo Spartan armor set so we'll see what I find when I go to town in a few weeks.

Hantei
10-04-2010, 10:38 PM
My brother bought most of the first wave. Personally I didn't find them all that great. The articulation seemed poorer than the Halo 3 figures. Because of the armour's bulk they had trouble holding their weapons in both hands, especially Jorge. Another thing that kind of bugged me was how Emile couldn't sheath his knife.

Personally I'd hold out for the Play Arts Kai Reach figures. They might be pricey but the detail and articulation in that Kotobukiya line is impressive, and the Reach stuff doesn't look like it'll disappoint either.

http://actionfigurepics.com/2010/09/square-enix-play-arts-kai-halo-reach-figures-available-for-pre-order

SPLIT LIP
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I picked up Jorge and the Elite two days ago. Begrudgingly passed on the Grunt because of the price tag and Emile because of the fucked up facepaint. Both the ones I have are fantastic. The Elite se just oozing awesome and Jorge is really cool. The only thing about him is that his elbows are not very articulated, but as long as he has enough to hold the turret properly (which he does) that's cool.

JSon
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I grabbed the Warthog and it is AWESOME. Do not regret that purchase. Stocked it full of Spartans and now it's ready to go!

SPLIT LIP
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm still looking for it. Might just get one online since they're not that expensive. I plan to stick my Halo 3 Cheif, Arbiter and Elite Combat in it to replicate 3-player campaign.

CTO15
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
I grabbed the Warthog and it is AWESOME. Do not regret that purchase. Stocked it full of Spartans and now it's ready to go!

Dude, u gotta post pics!

beerbuddha
10-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I agree with Hantei

the Kai ones are more pricey because of the KAI brand but better for posing.

I kept my Wave 1 in a sealed box still as i found most of the Mcfarlane Toys line for Halo 3 to be flimsy.

I also spotted the Mcfarlane Ghost and Warthog...they look so much more as a "toy" than a collect item. beyond plastic (comparing to the old joyride studios one that is)

SPLIT LIP
10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
The Kai ones also have probably the most depressingly drab and muted colours schemes of any figures I've ever seen. Seriously, the worst. Carter isn't even cobalt blue, he's gray, or a slightly light-blue-tinted gray, and for $60+ I expect characters to be coloured properly. Coupled with the not-quite-there proportions and price, I would take the McFarlane figures over them any day, with the possible exception fo Jorge, who's cool, but I still like the McFarlane version for the heft and detail.

Rogue_Optimus
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Anyone looking to get the any Halo figs, TRU has them ALL on sale. Warthog is going for $31.xx, Ghost is $24.xx. Not bad considering they're only a couple bucks more than what Target is selling them for in the US. The figs are going for $13.xx