Robimus
11-11-2010, 01:58 AM
And there I was thinking Sly Snoodles was just a singer:p

Prowl_2009
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Looking forward to this one! :D

Robimus
11-13-2010, 01:11 AM
I didn't watch this as closely as I usually do, but I found in general I really liked it.

Vos, well he's not exactly as I imagined him but he does use the Kiffar Force ability of touching an object to get an impression of who it belonged to/who touched it which was neat.

Bane vs the Jedi was a little overdone but much better than some of the other battles between Jedi and non-Jedi. Bane used his skills to fight the Jedi and got schooled at lightsaber dueling.

And Ziro got killed :cool: That really surprised me in a good way. Thumbs up for me.

Napseeker
11-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was also surprised he died... thought Lucasfilm would exploit him a bit more (for merchandising that is) before doing anything final.

Other than that, compared to the awful stories we've been getting lately, this one was certainly watchable albeit I still found myself drifting off attention-wise near the middle. I can only watch Kenobi and Vos doing their impression of Super Mario Brothers for so long! Jump, jump, jump...

SPLIT LIP
11-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Finally the series is back to it's normal pace. Nothing uber spectacular, but it was good. Hell, the ending fight alone was more than good. I'm just gald I didn't shut it off halfway through like the last two episodes.

Robimus
11-13-2010, 01:39 AM
It seemed so twisted, but because of that it felt very original to me, like they were not trying to homage something else but actually coming up with something really neat.

Nal Hutta was excellent as well. No cube cities:p

StarwarsTF
11-13-2010, 01:48 AM
so somehow I missed episode 8??? well ill catch up in a bit. tonight's episode was a little more exciting and the twists weren't too bad either :)

SPLIT LIP
11-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Nal Hutta was excellent as well. No cube cities:pI liked the cubist city we saw on Mandalore.

Also Ziro's "mom" was hilarious.

Robimus
11-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Nal Hutta was excellent, I'll leave it at that. You know my views on the other.:p

SPLIT LIP
11-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Actually I don't, but I also don't need to know.

BTW, I hope this settles whoever it was who had a problem with Bane using a lightsaber. He uses it like a sword, which he's undoubtably handled before, but hasn't the actual skill to use it as a lightsaber, which makes sense. It's just a tool, people can pick it up, turn it on and use it in a crude manner, but Obi Wan quickly and effortlessly disarmed him still.

I see it no different than han Solo using Luke's saber in ESB.

Robimus
11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Actually I don't, but I also don't need to know.

Then why quote me and invite discussion? You and I had a whole big discussion about this during the The Mandalorian Episodes last year. You liked them, I didn't.

I did have the respect to read your posts and understand why you don't care for them, which were because your not an EU fan and have no interest in continuity that existed prior to the show.

Thats a completely legitimate reason for you to feel the way you do. You just need to understand that not everyone will share your viewpoint.

As for Bane and his lightsaber, that was me, and yes I did think the episode handled it very well, as I said in my brief review of the episode.

It feels to me now that I out of respect for you have taken the time on many occasions to disucss many topics with you, to understand your viewpoints and express my own.

Your most recent comment makes me feel as though I'm not worthy of that same respect, which is fine, at least we know where we stand with each other.

SPLIT LIP
11-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Then why quote me and invite discussion? You and I had a whole big discussion about this during the The Mandalorian Episodes last year. You liked them, I didn't.

I did have the respect to read your posts and understand why you don't care for them, which were because your not an EU fan and have no interest in continuity that existed prior to the show.

Thats a completely legitimate reason for you to feel the way you do. You just need to understand that not everyone will share your viewpoint.

As for Bane and his lightsaber, that was me, and yes I did think the episode handled it very well, as I said in my brief review of the episode.

It feels to me now that I out of respect for you have taken the time on many occasions to disucss many topics with you, to understand your viewpoints and express my own.

Your most recent comment makes me feel as though I'm not worthy of that same respect, which is fine, at least we know where we stand with each other.Obviously I didn't realise you were the same guy who I discussed the Mando EU with. But seriously, give me a break, I haven't actually posted in this section for like two months so forgive me if I don't remember every single person here. It's not disrespect, I just physically can't remember every single person I've met and conversation I've had online.

My comment was just me saying I liked the cubist setting of Mandalore. I didn't know we'd had a heated discussion before since, well I get into them a lot.

Like a lot a lot.

Oh, and BTW, the way you said "you know my views on Cubist art" I thought you meant it in that it was like some sort of touchy subject, so I said "I don't need to know" because I didn't want to dive into something you didn't want to.

Robimus
11-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Obviously I didn't realise you were the same guy who I discussed the Mando EU with. But seriously, give me a break, I haven't actually posted in this section for like two months so forgive me if I don't remember every single person here. It's not disrespect, I just physically can't remember every single person I've met and conversation I've had online.

My comment was just me saying I liked the cubist setting of Mandalore. I didn't know we'd had a heated discussion before since, well I get into them a lot.

Like a lot a lot.

Oh, and BTW, the way you said "you know my views on Cubist art" I thought you meant it in that it was like some sort of touchy subject, so I said "I don't need to know" because I didn't want to dive into something you didn't want to.

I find it difficult to believe that you don't remember our many conversations over the past couple years. I guess I just wasn't worth remembering.

SPLIT LIP
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Dude, you have to understand, I engage in many, many conversations daily. I browse not only this site, but TFW and Toyark, and recently my interests have shifted from Star wars to TFs and Halo figures. (not to mention the recent game)

RyDel
11-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I was a little bit bored with this episode.

The ending fight was fun though.

Prowl_2009
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Great episode! Ziro got exactly what he deserved, although it would've been cooler to see Bane ice the slug! :D