PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion Thread

Robimus
12-04-2010, 10:39 PM
http://starwars.com/img/theclonewars/guide/epguide311.jpg

The Pursuit of Peace

Robimus
12-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't have a clue when this will air in Canada, but if you catch it online feel free to discuss it now.:)

Snoudzy
12-04-2010, 11:18 PM
It aired last night on Teletoon.

Scrapper6
12-05-2010, 12:28 AM
The episode was ok I guess, but the focus is on Padme and her politicking... In fact there isn't a single JEDI in the entire episode.

I have to say though, the final scene with Palpatine in his office is just too, too wicked. It begs the question though, do those close to him in the Senate know his dual identity as Darth Sidious?

I'm trying not to spoil anything, but really this speaks volumes... And it proves that some things can be prevented. Dergulating the banks was a bad move in America and they still don't seem to get it.

I think this one and the last one take place before Uncle's death in Season Two though because the character has appeared twice now. But wasn't Ashoka younger in that episode? Or did she appear at all?

Napseeker
12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Man, you know I hate this disjointed chronological approach to episodes in the timeline. Uncle got killed in season2? I don't even remember that and I've watched every episode!

StarwarsTF
12-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I dont remember that either? Though the final scene I agree with pure evil sounding!! I cant remember his right hand mans name but im pretty sure hes under control or knows of Palpatine as sidious.

Napseeker
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, that's Mas Ameda I believe and the novelization of RotS confirmed that he knew Palpatine = Sidious.

SPLIT LIP
12-05-2010, 04:40 PM
The very last scene was the highlight of the episode. Two things besides that struck me:

The Animation is fantastic. They've reached that perfect point of characters moving realistically within the style. Shame it's wasted on do-nothing stand-around characters.

I also thought the fact that Padme wears wigs to be utterly hilarious.

Even Dave Filoni seems to be aware of the fans' utter disappointement with the season thus far as pointed out in the commentary for this episode. Seriously, this political crap is overwhelming. I hate Padme so much.

I dont remember that either?His death was the entire plot of "Senate Murder." The murder in question was him.