PDA

View Full Version : Revoltech Alien Queen Review

pud333
12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Got this Revoltech Alien Queen in the mail today. I never owned any Alien toys before the Revoltech ones, so I can't attest to the detail in previous toys, but Kaiyodo really hits it out of the park with these Alien toys. The detail in the Alien Queen is incredible.

She comes with a stand and the standard Revoltech coin (not pictured). Not many accessories, but she really doesn't need any (though a few unopened pods would have been nice). The plastic looks black, but it's actually slightly see-through (sorry, camera sucks so I couldn't capture it here for you). Like the other Alien toys by Kaiyodo, the tail has a wire that allows it to be malleable and can be posed at the same time.

There are about 25 revo joints, 26 if you include the one in the stand. The head and neck alone comprise of four joints.

Here is a size comparison to the first Revoltech Alien. I haven't seen the Alien movies in a while, so I don't know if the scale is correct (something tells me it's not quite exact). Regardless if the scale is correct or not, chances are it won't deter from the fun factor.

And here's a final one where they're as tall as possible.

Overall, a really nice toy that looks great on the shelf. I can't wait until the Predator is released.

Edit: The queen can stand on her own, but you have to leave the tail on the ground. Otherwise, you have to use the stand provided.

Hantei
12-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Cool, I agree with lack of egg pods, that's an obvious accessory they should have included. How tall are the revoltech Aliens? It'd be neat to see the new wave 3 Duke (he looks just like a marine from Aliens, pulse rifle even!) duking it out with them. Heh, maybe army build some Dukes (doing head swaps) and revo Aliens (expensive).

BTW, what other characters are they advertising on the obi? I see a skeleton, some turtle thing, Santa Skellington, an Evangelion mech, and some other guy (masked rider?).

pud333
12-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Cool, I agree with lack of egg pods, that's an obvious accessory they should have included. How tall are the revoltech Aliens? It'd be neat to see the new wave 3 Duke (he looks just like a marine from Aliens, pulse rifle even!) duking it out with them. Heh, maybe army build some Dukes (doing head swaps) and revo Aliens (expensive).

BTW, what other characters are they advertising on the obi? I see a skeleton, some turtle thing, Santa Skellington, an Evangelion mech, and some other guy (masked rider?).

This should answer the size question. There is a predator coming out in February that is around the same size as the Alien. There will be a clear Alien later on. Iron Man is also scheduled for release next year sometime. (That should be awesome!)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/11-1.jpg

Hantei
12-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the pic! That's looks great, certainly gonna see if I can find an Alien now. The Predator sounds interesting too, which one is revoltech doing? E.g. 1, 2, AVP, Predators?

pud333
12-16-2010, 03:39 AM
The original I believe.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/ap_20101128010440671.jpg

Napseeker
12-16-2010, 09:36 AM
That's very impressive! Great review, makes me want one (and the Predator). How much do these cost though? Must be pretty expensive I'd imagine.

pud333
12-16-2010, 11:25 AM
These are imports, so you pay accordingly. They usually cost about $30 depending on when you get it (amiami and hlj are the best places usually). The regular aliens will run you a few bucks cheaper. If you go with a place like BBTS, they will rip you off. I think BBTS has it for about $57, which is waaaaay too much. Go with the japanese stores if you want one.

Toy Gremlin
12-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Nice Review! I think these are probably the best alien action figures out there. I may pickup one of these now from my local anime store.

Yeah, revoltech figures are pricey. Pud is right about ami ami and hlj. Their prices are better than other online stores. If you don't want to order online, then checkout your local anime/import toy store. I think the lowest I have seen new revoltech figures for in my area is $45 depending on the popularity of the figure.