PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Princess Leia POTF action figure from 1995

veritas2000
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a Princess Leia Power of the Force action figure from 1995. I have been looking all over the internet to find one just like it but after looking at 1000's of pictures and websites I have come up with nothing. All of the ones i have found the cardboard backing is cut to fit the contures of the image of Darth Vader in the top left corner. Mine however is not. It has a squared edge on the top left corner instead. Why does mine seem to be different then any other one i can find? Any info would be great.

Robimus
12-27-2010, 02:06 AM
I had to look at some of my old stuff to figure out the answer.

Simply put the first 1995 release of Leia, as with the others, all came on that same square card you have pictured.

Ater the initial run which sold through the roof,(Leia went for upwards of $30 on the secondary market in 1995, alas no longer) Wave 1 was re-released with the new cut card backs you've been seeing on ebay and such.

I have two of the square cards left in my sale stuff(Han & Stormtrooper), that yeah are still hanging around since 1995:p

Since I've had a lot of difficulty selling those for $5-$8 each I wouldn't think the Leia has any more significant value.

You should also check if the Leia has two or three stripes on her belt and look into if that effects the value or not.

The ohter main difference with the two styles is that the square card features a larger bio card than the Vader cut out version does.