PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion Thread

Robimus
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.starwars.com/img/theclonewars/guide/epguide314.jpg

Witches of the Mist!

Robimus
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Should be interesting all the way around.

Prowl_2009
01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
So long as we get some more Savage Opress, I'll be happy. :)

StarwarsTF
01-21-2011, 01:12 AM
UMMMMMMMM......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYKP6b1QEMA

StarwarsTF
01-21-2011, 10:06 PM
OH man that episode was a great finish to the trilogy, I wont spoil anything until at least tomorrow night LOL!! this is a must watch!!

Napseeker
01-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Very big surprise revelation at the end! You have to wonder if you-know-who will make an appearance in a future episode and what he will look like (i.e. if he will resemble a certain action figure exclusive...) Can't wait to see how this follows-up down the road although I suspect they may just leave this alone until the next season.

StarwarsTF
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Very big surprise revelation at the end! You have to wonder if you-know-who will make an appearance in a future episode and what he will look like (i.e. if he will resemble a certain action figure exclusive...) Can't wait to see how this follows-up down the road although I suspect they may just leave this alone until the next season.

:clapping: This is getting so good!!!!!! I wonder if robot chicken legs maybe??? LOL

Robimus
01-22-2011, 01:46 AM
D'oh, its true then I guess..........:banghead:

I missed this tonight but was still hoping for a swerve from what I'd read(even if it was official)

lars573
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
He could just be a force ghost like Qui-Gon is going to be. Mother who's-it's never said he was alive. Just in exile on the outer-rim.

Robimus
01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Force Ghosting is not an inherent Sith ability, but who knows.

Many theories have been presented, from force ghosting to cloning, none of which don't effect the ending of TPM, Obi-Wan and Palpatine in meaningful ways to me.

It's just like the writers saying that Jango "might not be Mandalorian", they just shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

Napseeker
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
It's definitely not something that I ever thought the writers or Lucas would ever do - even Lucas himself said that he had shown it clearly at the end of TPM that there'd be no illusion that Obi clearly won. Guess not? Maybe SW is becoming like Marvel and DC where no one stays dead (next up: the return of Qui-Gon Jinn!)

Of course, if it was Katie Lucas' idea to bring him back, she no doubt has a lot of influence with dear old dad. I do look forward to seeing if there will be a twist to this - depends on fan reaction online I'll bet which is why we only get a hint and not 100% confirmation... if people are receptive to it, we may yet see "chicken legs" actually come back.

lars573
01-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Force Ghosting is not an inherent Sith ability, but who knows.

Many theories have been presented, from force ghosting to cloning, none of which don't effect the ending of TPM, Obi-Wan and Palpatine in meaningful ways to me.

It's just like the writers saying that Jango "might not be Mandalorian", they just shouldn't have gone there in the first place.
Well I've not heard it's an inherent Jedi ability either. Ajunta Pall appeared as a force ghost to Revan after all. Still he is a Sith, and Anakin survived his barbecuing. Which was in some ways more lethal than being cleaved in twain.

And as for Jango. Well Mandalore is a sector and a planet. What if the PM was being snobby/racist when he said Jango wasn't Mandalorian. That Jango wasn't from Mandalore the planet but some other planet in the sector (like say Concord dawn).

Robimus
01-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Well I've not heard it's an inherent Jedi ability either. Ajunta Pall appeared as a force ghost to Revan after all. Still he is a Sith, and Anakin survived his barbecuing. Which was in some ways more lethal than being cleaved in twain.

And as for Jango. Well Mandalore is a sector and a planet. What if the PM was being snobby/racist when he said Jango wasn't Mandalorian. That Jango wasn't from Mandalore the planet but some other planet in the sector (like say Concord dawn).

As for the Old Republic, it still brings the character back. I'm just not sure why a Force Ghost would be exiled to the Outer Rim.

Anyway, I really don't think he's coming back as a Force Ghost.;) He's coming back to make Lucas money off suckers like me.

Second, Mandalorians are nomadic, being Mandalorian has nothing to do with the planet one is from. A Clone born on Kamino, adopted by a Mandalorian, is a Mandalorian without having ever set foot on Mandalore proper.

I'm not talking about what was said by Almec IU, its whats been decided by Filoni and Lucas out of universe - as laid out on the Season 2 DVD Special Features.

I have constant difficulty with these what if type senarios. First, the what ifs never seem to get answered by those who could answer the questions. Second, the people writing canon can write anything they want and make it canon, logic need not apply.

We could see Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul round 2 in season 4 and it could be written to canonically work. A magic pink bunny could be introduced that rescues people from the beyond to save the day, if Lucas wrote that it would be canon.

Of course he shouldn't write that, just like he shouldn't play around with dead characters and things like changing Jango's heritage so its ambiguous.

Just my opinion, but anything can be explained in Sci-Fi Fantasy the like of Star Wars, that doesn't mean that it should. Somethings should still be off limits from a thematic standpoint.

I mean what if tomorrow Lucas decided to re-write Vader being Luke's father? It's such an easy retcon - Vader, Kenobi & Yoda simply lied - Palpatine is actually Luke's dad.......

What a plot twist it would be, easy to explain, shocking, all that.:straightface:

pud333
01-24-2011, 04:09 AM
That was a nutty episode. Amusing really. I laughed out loud at all the doublecrossing. I didn't like the ending though. The dead should stay dead as far as I'm concerned. But whatever. I am now interested in the series again.

Robimus
01-25-2011, 11:42 AM
This is now up on Teletoon.com. I'm gonna check it out shortly.

Prowl_2009
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Man, that episode kept me on the edge of my seat from the get-go! :D

Wish Delta Squad had been in the episode a bit longer though. I was half expecting them to intercept Savage when he went on the run with King Katuko. :D

Hope we'll see more Delta Squad as the season unfolds and how awesome was the ending with Darth Maul!??! :D

Qui-Gon is up next! :D

Napseeker
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Of course we'll see more Delta Squad... reasons:

- they've built the 3d assets for them now, so obviously they'll use them for an upcoming story (otherwise, it'd be a total waste)
- they need to sell kids on the action figures for these guys :)

Ah, the simplicity of the business franchise...!

Robimus
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I can't wait for a Delta Episode.

Prowl_2009
01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
^^ Same! Also really hoping the Delta Squad set from 2006 gets re-released like Hasbro is hopefully planning according to a recent Q&A! :D