PDA

View Full Version : Captain America First Avenger 1st Assortments

Super_Megatron
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Captain America First Avenger 1st Assortments (http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/captain-america-first-avenger-1st-assortments-3694/)

Category: Marvel Toy News

Posted From: TOYARK.COM (http://www.toyark.com) - Toys and Action Figures (http://www.toyark.com)

Alexander Quinn
02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Meh. Was kinda hoping against hope that the figures would be in the classic 6 inch size instead of 3 3/4. I really do hate the 3 3/4 size migration.

Onslaught
02-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I actually really like the shift. The figures are cheaper, there are more of them, and they're still pretty well articulated.

Anyways, this is a pretty cool assortment of figures. Some of the shield gimmicks are a little odd but it's not bad since some may feel that it's better than just having a bunch of regular shield and will add a bit of variety.

Hopefully Captain Britain will also come with Excalibur like we originally saw in old pics, and not just his gun thing.

And Guardian better not be far behind...

lars573
02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Meh. Was kinda hoping against hope that the figures would be in the classic 6 inch size instead of 3 3/4. I really do hate the 3 3/4 size migration.
Firstly I prefer 1/18th scale. Retailers are more willing to stock them. These days your not going to lose anything in the sculpt or articulation that you really need.

Also did purposefully ignore all the info from comic-con when they put these things in cases next to MU and they were the same size?

CTO15
02-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Firstly I prefer 1/18th scale. Retailers are more willing to stock them. These days your not going to lose anything in the sculpt or articulation that you really need.

Also did purposefully ignore all the info from comic-con when they put these things in cases next to MU and they were the same size?

maybe thats why he said hope against hope...

Hantei
02-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Sweet, except for the dumb action feature, the Bucky Cap looks pretty good. Hopefully he'll come with a regular action-less shield. Looks like I'll definitely be picking up Winter Soldier, WW2 Cap, Bucky Cap, and final mission Cap.

cloud
02-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not a Captain America fan but if TRU is going to be doing some promo's like they did with Ironman2 I'll be picking up a couple of them for sure. US Agent and Bucky Cap looks nice. The movie Cap looks well sculpt.

And in terms of size I'm happy with 3.75". Knowing Hasbro, they are aiming for success in multiple lines meaning that 3.75" is more kid friend and will be their focus but also they will try to make 6" to shut the fans mouth. I think they did pretty well with IM2 6". Think on the bright side we've got the main characters in 6" and no repaints or a ton of IM variants. There's a few but less than the IM non-sense.

I grew very fond of the 3.75" scale, mostly because of the smaller size being able to save more space. The Hasbro figs also come with a stand which looks pretty nice when displaying multiple figures.