PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Drought

Snoudzy
02-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a new toy drought? Where I live we only have WM and the toy section at ours has been bare like Mother Hubbard's Cupboard lately. The new stock diagrams are up but no new stock to fill in the diagram. I admit I am not in a prime location store wise so I know it takes awhile for stuff to make it's way to us.

Thanks,

- Snoudzy

Drexl
02-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Don't worry, before you know it the aisles will be flooded with Thor Movie products, followed by Capt. movie stuff, maybe a little MU here & there, & hopefully we'll be getting the Young Justice too! I'm actually glad for a drought, give my wallet a break for a little while

pud333
02-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Drought is okay so long as you can save money in the meantime. Me? I end up buying stuff that I normally wouldn't buy, then regret it. Should be okay for now. This most recent drought is allowing me to catch up on some DCUC and old Kenner Super Powers figures I need.

ARROW
02-08-2011, 01:37 AM
All depends on what one collects, I guess.
I've been able to more or less pick up something once a week from somewhere--either in-store or on-line.
I guess the secret is to just meter out stuff and your wants in the same breath.
Worst thing to do is to buy stuff for the sake of buying something.

racerguy76
02-08-2011, 01:41 AM
It's called Jan and Feb. The toy shelves are always bare after xmas. The kiddies are still playing with wha tthey got from santa and soon when the big movies hit we will see toy shelves so full our wallet will choke.
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Robimus
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Save up, this years gonna see a ton of stuff.:)

Super_Megatron
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I too have been focusing on buying older stuff. Mostly DCUC and Marvel Legends.

Prowl_2009
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah, drought is normal for this time of year, simply going to have to wait till early spring before it's done. At least that has been my experience. ;)

Been focusing on older stuff as well and even resorting to evil-bay and online stores to get my plastic fix during times like these.

pattycakeman
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I've been taking this time to fill in some of the 25th Joes that I've been wanting. Trying to resist buying stuff i dont want at retail.

Snoudzy
02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
It is true patience is a virtue. It's tough when I see new items for my lines I collect released in other parts of the country while I suffer and I know there are other parts that have it as bad or worse. More money to save up is good advice as I am looking forward to checking out the show in Edmonton in March to fill in some holes.

racerguy76
02-09-2011, 11:24 AM
I am looking forward to checking out the show in Edmonton in March to fill in some holes.

What kind of "toys" do you collect?!? :D
________
Burningrosess (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Burningrosess/)

tekkamanraiden
02-09-2011, 03:45 PM
It's always slow this time of year, it's probably a little slower than usual due to the poor sales the retailers had during the holidays.

CTO15
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm fine with the drought, it helps me:
A) pay bills from the holidays
B) fill in Holes that I missed the previous year
C) Save up for new stuff coming out this year.