PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe 3.75" discussion

Pages : [1] 2

pud333
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I had really been looking forward to these figures ever since I saw the first pics up at hisstank.com.

However, now that I have them... I'm not as thrilled about them. I like the molds and the designs in general, but something is off. They just don't seem that "fun." And it's not that I play with them, I don't play with any of my toys, they sit on my shelf, but they don't seem as cool as I thought they'd be. Maybe my expectations were way too high. Coincidentally, I had been bashing the DC Infinite Heroes figures for weeks before actually owning one, and when I finally got one, everything turned around for me. It was the exact opposite effect of the Marvel ones.

My favorite superheroes are Superman and Batman, but in general, I'm pretty much a Marvel kind of guy. Always has been. So I guess what I'm saying is, perhaps I expected too much. I guess I can chalk this up to a lesson in managing my expectations. Lesson learned. :o

CTO15
02-16-2009, 09:03 PM
for me, I have most of the 1st wave. I like them. But seeing what they are coming out with (comic packs, 12" figs, etc) its gotten me excited about this line. I have feet in both camps (Marvel/DC) but I've always leaned towards the Marvel side, its what I grew up on.

I think down the line, the sculpts will get better. The 1st series iron man has a terrible head, but the ones coming out (battle pack/wave 3?) look wicked.

I just think its a learning curve that hasbro is going through.

GMfan101
02-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I'll be honest, they look like they're good, little display toys which I'd probably get if I wasn't saving up for Revenge of the Fallen merchandise. I'll probably get the odd favourite of mine like Punisher and hopefully Venom down the line. I just didn't like the blue on Punisher, mine has to be black and white ;)

Super_Megatron
02-16-2009, 11:38 PM
That Secret Wars Wolverine looks sweet, I love the brown costumed Logan!

Robimus
02-17-2009, 02:00 AM
They look to be of a nice quality of figure. I'd love to hear about their possability a bit once somebody gets their hands on some.:)

pud333
02-17-2009, 02:30 AM
They look to be of a nice quality of figure. I'd love to hear about their possability a bit once somebody gets their hands on some.:)

The possability is actually really very good. Just as good, if not better than the 25th anniversary joes. Some of the figures, like Captain America, has more possability. For example, he's got ball jointed arms, that can bend at the elbow and rotate at the wrist. body swivels much like the 25th joes, double jointed knees, feet can move at the ankles, and the legs can rotate just below the knee. Some of the figures like Wolverine and Spiderman have additional rotation of the arms at the bicep. So yeah, great articulation.

The newer figures in the two packs look promising.

CTO15
02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
has wave 2 been released in canada yet? I believe HTS has begun shipping to anybody who ordered from them.

pud333
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
has wave 2 been released in canada yet? I believe HTS has begun shipping to anybody who ordered from them.

Not yet, as far as I know. Smalljoes was shipping both waves up to about three weeks ago, and BBTS just started shipping theirs yesterday I think, so I figure Wave 2 should be in retail probably next month.

PointofArticulation
02-20-2009, 05:18 AM
I love the paint on Iron man and Silver Surfer! The pearlescent (sp?) on the Surfer is the best paint I've ever seen on him. Plus I think the sculpts blow the DCU figs out of the water. The assortment is far stronger. I like all the DC Direct stuff way better than the marvel stuff generally, but Marvel is kicking their collective asses in the 3 3/4 scale!

So am I the only one that's going to mention the size of punisher's gargantuan melon head? I mean c'mon! Put him next to Ironman. It's ridiculous! His head is bigger than shellhead with the helmet on!

canprime
02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm loving the line, but I am pissed that we seem to have gotten the revision wave 1 cases. That means no Bullseye or Human Torch (Flame on).

pud333
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it seems we definitely did get a revision case, and the US is getting the propper wave.

As for Punisher's head, that is just not a very attractive mold. Too bad, cause I always wanted a Punisher figure.

PointofArticulation
02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Really? I saw them at Metrotown.

Cyber-Kun
02-21-2009, 04:14 AM
I'm loving the line, but I am pissed that we seem to have gotten the revision wave 1 cases. That means no Bullseye or Human Torch (Flame on).

That explains why I've never seen a Bullseye.. damn, here I thought I was just having bad luck, but its not even here...

PointofArticulation
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Where are you guys?

Cyber-Kun
02-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Where are you guys?
Kitchener, Ontario

Eko123
02-23-2009, 02:23 AM

I know this might be small comfort...but hopefully the upcoming Secret Wars 2-pack with the brown costume Wolverine and Human Torch will make up for that if it comes out here in Canada. :)

Personally, I think the 2-pack Human Torch looks better than the one in Wave 1.

PointofArticulation
02-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Kitchener, Ontario

Ah. Okay, well telling you about finding them on the shelf (or peg as the case may be) in BC isn't really helpful to you.

Well at least you know that they came in to Canada. I'd check Comic Shops. maybe they got a different assortment than big box stores. At least that's where I saw Bullseye and Torch.

CTO15
02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
I know this might be small comfort...but hopefully the upcoming Secret Wars 2-pack with the brown costume Wolverine and Human Torch will make up for that if it comes out here in Canada. :)

Personally, I think the 2-pack Human Torch looks better than the one in Wave 1.

i would love for those 2 packs to come. I have high hopes that they will, considerig walmart and TRU both carry the Star Wars and GI Joe comic packs. I'm just hoping that those 3 packs are going to be coming, or even those gigantic battle 2 packs (goliath and iron man!!)

Can't wait

Super_Megatron
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
We were able to get on the Hasbro Marvel Q&A, so we should be able to get some Canadian specific answers back, post what you guys want answered here: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=742

Super_Megatron
02-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Really? I saw them at Metrotown.
What store?

CTO15
03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
picked up Cap and Ronin, awesome figures

canprime
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Down Buffalo way I found most of wave 2. I didn't buy any because the price is about the same up here, if not a little more.

I saw everyone except for Hulk, both versions and Bullseye.

I did find a FLAME ON Human Torch.

So Bullseye still eludes me!!!!

I do have to say the of what I saw, Cap, Iron Fist and Ronin are pretty damn sweet. Green Goblin was good, but something just seemed off to me.

pud333
03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I do have to say the of what I saw, Cap, Iron Fist and Ronin are pretty damn sweet. Green Goblin was good, but something just seemed off to me.

Green Goblin is pretty cool. However, you sort of pose him on his flying thing and then... that's about it. I love the Cap sculpt, but so far the Ironman one is the best for me.

I've been looking at the next wave of figures, like Ms. Marvel and Black costumed Spidey and they look really nice. Particularly Spidey. I wasn't a huge fan of the sculpt, but for some reason it looks better in black.

I have yet to come across a female sculpt that is decent in the 3.75" scale. The modern Joes all sort of suck when it comes to the female figures, and the DCIH ones are also kinda blah (save for Wonder woman, but that's mostly because the character itself makes the figure cool). I'm hoping Ms. Marvel changes that for me. Though the way her hair is sculpted looks like it might be a bit annoying.

pud333
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Anyone know when the Wolverine Origins figures will be released at Canadian retail?

CTO15
03-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I've been dying to hear they are released at retail. i sooo want that deadpool!

canprime
03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone know when the Wolverine Origins figures will be released at Canadian retail?

Found a single case at my local TRU (Vic Park/Lawrence). They were $10.99 each. I picked up a Deadpool just because, but the price is a little much for a whole wave.

I saw doubles of the yellow wolverine, & 1 each of brown wolverine, Maverick, Weapon X, Deadpool (gone now), Logan & army wolverine.

CTO15
03-14-2009, 01:30 PM
AHHHH, where you located canprime?

4lott
03-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up Canprime! Since these have shipped they will probably be available everywhere this week or the next at the latest.

Icetron
03-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I can't wait till the WO figures come out too, the Deadpool figure looks neat.

I'm skipping MU Wave 1 and Wave 2, but Ms Marvel and Symbiote Spidey from the next wave interest me greatly.

canprime
03-15-2009, 09:54 AM
AHHHH, where you located canprime?

East end of Toronto.

I wouldn't worry too much though guys. Remember this is going to be a big summer movie, and as such the product is going to be flooding the shelves soon enough.

Also, I'm sure Walmart will be at least a buck or two cheaper when they get them.

pud333
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't worry too much though guys. Remember this is going to be a big summer movie, and as such the product is going to be flooding the shelves soon enough.

This is true enough. Eventually we'll all probably be sick of seeing these clogging shelves and inevitably complain that there's nothing new. heh. Ah, the life of a collector! ;)

JTCh
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I am excited for certain characters in this line such as the Ironmans, Captain America, the Hulk. Mainly because I never got those sculpts in 6".

4lott
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm with you on the IMs JTCH. To be able to pick up a classic IM fig off the pegs without searching will be amazing.

Haggis
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
I personally Love the line, And I must have each figure. Thou I only have Spider-man right now. But i though of ordering a case when i can find room in teh budget

pud333
03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
So it looks like the fan's choice top 5 were announced.

#1 – Archangel
#2 – Winter Soldier
#3 – Havok
#4 – Mystique
#5 – Mary Jane Watson

From the hasbro website:

The response to the “Pick 5” was outstanding and we want to thank the entire Marvel Universe for casting their votes. In fact, we’re so excited about the results, we’re going sweeten the pot and do the Top 7 in 2010! 7 for the 70th just has a nicer ring to it! Can you guess the other two? We’ll be revealing them shortly…in San Diego!

Personally, I am happy with three of the five. I think Archangel is gonna be killer, and Havok was always one of my faves. I'm also really glad MJ was chosen, since I'd like to see non-superhero characters get thrown into the line as well, like significant others, etc. Going forward, I would love to see an unmasked Spidey, maybe even Peter Parker. (Actually, considering the lack of accessories for these figures, I would have liked to see replaceable heads, like their secret identities.)

I was hoping Psylocke would be included, but seeing as how she's a pretty popular X-men member, I'm sure she's destined to come out anyway.

I am really curious to see who the top 7 would be. Also, I have no idea who this Winter Soldier dude is.

canprime
03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Sorry Pud, but I disagree.

I think that only 2 of the choices were even remotely worth doing the poll for. The 3 "X" characters are already 99% given to have been made within the next 2 years. Especially with the popularity of the X universe in Marvel. The chance that Havok, Mystique & Archangel wouldn't be made were slim to none. Especially since 2 out of the 3 were made in the ML line.

I do like MJ and Winter Soldier, since neither is really a priority for a figure, in my book anyway, and this is what the poll should really focus on. Characters who don't get the toy love that you would find in a regular line.

As for Winter Soldier, he is Bucky Barnes, AKA Bucky, Cap's sidekick. AKA the new Captain AMERICA. He was brainwashed by the Russians to be an assassin during the time after he was presumed killed until being revealed a few years back.

pud333
03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I see your point. For some reason it went over my head that Archangel and Havok were basically in the X-universe anyway, so they were a given. Actually, so was Mistique.

At any rate, thanks for the info on the soldier dude. I read up about him on wikipedia. I am so not up on my Cap. America lore.

4lott
03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I too see your point canprime and I also agree. The difference between a Star Wars fan's choice poll is that so many figs had been made in the line that a more obscure character was a greater likelyhood. The MU fan poll seems more like a "we're gonna make these guys anyway, what order do you want them released in?" The only surprise is Mary Jane. I see her as more of a mail away fig then someone we'd see at TRU.

Cyber-Kun
03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
I too see your point canprime and I also agree. The difference between a Star Wars fan's choice poll is that so many figs had been made in the line that a more obscure character was a greater likelyhood. The MU fan poll seems more like a "we're gonna make these guys anyway, what order do you want them released in?" The only surprise is Mary Jane. I see her as more of a mail away fig then someone we'd see at TRU.
Indeed, I can see MJ being a major shelfwarmer.

pud333
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I was just going through my 3.75" collection yesterday, and I noticed just how well made the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures were (at least the ones that came out early on). I then compared them to the Marvel ones and lamented that they didn't seem to be as solid as the joes. I dunno, maybe I'm out of my mind or something, but it seems that the added articulation (eg: swivel biceps, swivel lower leg, etc) seems to actually be detracting from the figures. Could it be that over-articulation hurts the MUFF figures? Perhaps figures at this scale could use a little less articulation and detail? I'm curious what others think.

canprime
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I was just going through my 3.75" collection yesterday, and I noticed just how well made the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures were (at least the ones that came out early on). I then compared them to the Marvel ones and lamented that they didn't seem to be as solid as the joes. I dunno, maybe I'm out of my mind or something, but it seems that the added articulation (eg: swivel biceps, swivel lower leg, etc) seems to actually be detracting from the figures. Could it be that over-articulation hurts the MUFF figures? Perhaps figures at this scale could use a little less articulation and detail? I'm curious what others think.

I have a couple of points.

1) The first waves tend to be the "weakest" since they still have to work out what doesn't work from what does.

2) Each line is different and comparing one to another isn't always fair.

3) The MU line is a mish-mash right now. Some figures have different articulation than others, rather than one standard style of body. I love the Silver Surfer, he is a great figure, solid, with articulation that really doesn't hurt the design/body.

4) More articulation isn't a bad thing per se, but I agree that lately articulation has been such an issue that it can hurt a figure/line. Although look at MU versus DCIH and tell me that articulation isn't important in today's market.

FlightWeaponAlpha
03-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Found a single case at my local TRU (Vic Park/Lawrence). They were $10.99 each. I picked up a Deadpool just because, but the price is a little much for a whole wave.

I saw doubles of the yellow wolverine, & 1 each of brown wolverine, Maverick, Weapon X, Deadpool (gone now), Logan & army wolverine.

So you're the frakker stealing all the new toys from my local TRU huh? j/k :D

The TRU at Weston and Hwy 7 has a fairly good selection of these on a mini-stand inside the doors, stacked up there with the "Wolverine and the X-Men" cartoon figures.

That and the Wal-Mart at Sheppard and Kennedy and the remnants of a case when I was there the other night. Best bet right now seems to be to shop around for these.

Has anyone seen the MU figures 2nd wave anywhere but at FLGS's? I really don't want to pay for $14.99 for these figures when that is the same price some of the 6" figures can be found for.

Cheers,

Jamie

pud333
03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
4) More articulation isn't a bad thing per se, but I agree that lately articulation has been such an issue that it can hurt a figure/line. Although look at MU versus DCIH and tell me that articulation isn't important in today's market.

Articulation definitely is important. I guess my feeling is that it definitely looks l ike Hasbro is sort of experimenting with the MUFF line, considering there is no standard body type yet. Personally, I think the amount of articulation the Joe figures have is pretty much perfect. I'm not sure the swivel bits help any, but if Hasbro can find a way to make it all work well, I'm all for it!

4lott
03-27-2009, 07:21 PM
When ToyBiz first started their ML line body types varied also.

4lott
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
More good news from Wal-Mart in Laval, QC. Did one more toy run this morning hoping to find some DCIH and to my surprise I saw i case of MU series 2 on the pegs! All on multilingual cards, the asst. included:
1 blue and red Spidey (darker blue than the last one and an improvement IMO) 1 Hand Ninja, 2 Classic Iron Man, 2 Black Spidey, 1 Green Hulk, 1 Thing, 1 Captain America, 1 Punisher (again, real improvement) 1 classic Ms. Marvel (or Dark Avengers, take your pick) and 1 modern Ms. Marvel. Happy hunting!

JTCh
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM
I actually just noticed that some of these have double jointed knees, does any of them have double jointed elbows too?

CTO15
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
I believe a lot of them do. I know ronin and spidey have them for sure.

JTCh
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks! I gotta pick one up to play around with then:p

WildMike
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I really like these figures. My sons and I have a great time battling Cobra with Spiderman and crew. My only problem is the inability to get Bullseye and Green Goblin here in Canada to give the Cobra's a couple of supervillains for their side. Anyone know a good internet retailer to order them from that will not cost a forture for a Canadian?

pacinofan
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I really like these figures. My sons and I have a great time battling Cobra with Spiderman and crew. My only problem is the inability to get Bullseye and Green Goblin here in Canada to give the Cobra's a couple of supervillains for their side. Anyone know a good internet retailer to order them from that will not cost a forture for a Canadian?

Golden Age Toys (which is a Canadina site) had Bullseye available for 9.99 I think.

WildMike
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Unfortuately it says he is sold out:(

Icetron
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Requesting pics of WO Maverick if anyone has him. Just want to know if it's worth picking him up. He's the only figure other than Wolverine and Deadpool that I'm considering due to the sale.

pud333
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I was thinking about getting WO Maverick as well, but every time I've been in the store, I can't seem to pull the trigger on him. Usually that's a clear sign for me not to buy him, cause 99% of the time I regret those purchases, even if it is 30% off right now. Maybe if I find him in some discount bin a year from now I'll pick him up... :cool: Note: Apparently he has a lot of articulation problems (eg: no wrist articulation, gun can only be held in one hand, etc.)

CTO15
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I bought him yesterday, b/c of the sale. There was no way I was going to buy him at full price. Figure is alright, but like pud333 said, articulation is lack luster.

Really just got him to complete the weapon x team.

Icetron
05-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah I looked at him and he looks like he is similar (but not exactly like) to Gambit which I also passed on. I think I'll just save my $8-9 though, thanks guys. :D

pud333
05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
On a positive note, DP and both Brown/Tan and Yellow/Blue Wolverines are pretty cool. I love that they fixed the scale issue. He looks great next to the other figures. Much better than the MU X-factor version.

I saw the premium WO figures on my vacation and they looked horrible. The removable jackets just don't work, IMO.

At any rate, I'm not much interested in any of the other WO figures. Though I hope we get that sabertooth/blob two pack in Canada. (I can't remember if that two pack is for WO or for MU in general.)

Icetron
05-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I think that 2-pack is for WO but I can't remember either...

I'm done with the WO line as well, DP and Yellow/Blue Wolvie are all I need from this line. If Gambit didn't have articulation issues then I would get him too though.

HumanEraser LS-02
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes, the 2 pack is for the X-Men Wolverine line.

Also, apparently there variants for Spider-Man and Human Torch where they use a darker blue on the figure. I hope we get them here in Canada. ;)

CTO15
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
we already have the darker variants for spidey. He's shipping out in the revision Wave 3 cases that are at walmart.

I really want to get a yellow jacket/wasp/antman in the MU scale. Perfect for ML figures

pud333
05-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm done with the WO line as well, DP and Yellow/Blue Wolvie are all I need from this line. If Gambit didn't have articulation issues then I would get him too though.

There are a couple poses you can do that are kind of cool, and he's actually quite solid in terms of holding poses, but the bad articulation kills it, as does the molded coat. It's just not condusive to anything other than a couple of poses because it's a hard mold. Looks kind of silly most of the time. I prefer the solf molds of the DCIH coats, like Commissioner Gordon's. I'm not a huge Gambit fanboy, so the only reason I got Gambit was to get all the X-men.

Yes, the 2 pack is for the X-Men Wolverine line.

Also, apparently there variants for Spider-Man and Human Torch where they use a darker blue on the figure. I hope we get them here in Canada. ;)

Thanks for the confirmation on the 2 pack. Since that's the case, looks like I'll be getting at least a couple more WO figures.

As for the darker blue, I don't know if it's a variant or a running change. Regardless, Spiderman is still a letdown for me. I don't know about Human Torch, cause I don't have him. I always thought the FF were a bit boring.

Stryfe2025
05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
When I wanted a Green Goblin and Bullseye I had to go to a Local Comic Shop and buy it.
Otherwise you could ebay.ca but you're looking at at least $10.00 for shipping.
It balances itself out, really.
So far though Wave 3 seems to be complete in Alberta at least.

WildMike
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
When I wanted a Green Goblin and Bullseye I had to go to a Local Comic Shop and buy it.
Otherwise you could ebay.ca but you're looking at at least $10.00 for shipping.
It balances itself out, really.
So far though Wave 3 seems to be complete in Alberta at least.

Thanks. Anyone know any local comic stores in Toronto that carry the line and have Bullseye and/or Green Goblin?

Thanks for the help!

JTCh
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Wonder when some 3.75" figures for the Iron Man 2 movie will be coming out?:D

pud333
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Wonder when some 3.75" figures for the Iron Man 2 movie will be coming out?:D

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the movie Iron Man figures ever came in 3.75". Only 6" and up. So I don't know if they'll bother with a movie Iron Man that small, but if they do, that would be great. I'd love to have a movie accurate Iron Man in that scale. :D

JTCh
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
The Iron Man 1 movie figures were 6", but that was before the release of the whole 3.75" lines (MU and WO). So I thought since they did 3.75" for the Wolverine Origins movie, they'd probably do the same for the IM2 movie.

I hope they do, as you said, it would be pretty cool to have a movie IM in this scale.:)

pacinofan
05-20-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't suppose anybody has spotted the Wolverine Origins Wave three w/ Iceman, unmasked wolvie anbd Astonishing Cyclops? Most of the pegs are crammed w/ wave one, so I'm worried we may not see these.

Icetron
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice to see you on the boards pacinofan. :)

We've been getting stuff late in BC but I haven't seen anything past Wave 1 for WO stuff around here.

HumanEraser LS-02
05-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately all the Walmarts and TRUs around me still have W1for the Wolverine stuff.

pud333
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM
The Iron Man 1 movie figures were 6", but that was before the release of the whole 3.75" lines (MU and WO). So I thought since they did 3.75" for the Wolverine Origins movie, they'd probably do the same for the IM2 movie.

I hope they do, as you said, it would be pretty cool to have a movie IM in this scale.:)

True dat. The 3.75" scale has just been reborn in terms of popularity in the last year, so I'm hoping Hasbro execs are paying attention. IMO, this scale is perfect to set up a hall of armor. Hasbro could do every version, and produce a playset that wouldn't be too ridiculously big or expensive.

As for WO, like everyone else who's already commented, nothing so far beyond what we already got initially.

JTCh
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Ya I wish they do more Iron Mans in 3.75" so I can start the armory from scratch. I started collecting too late for 6" and now the older ML IM are rare and very expensive.

CTO15
05-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the movie Iron Man figures ever came in 3.75". Only 6" and up. So I don't know if they'll bother with a movie Iron Man that small, but if they do, that would be great. I'd love to have a movie accurate Iron Man in that scale. :D

I think he might be thinking of that Iron Man Animated line (which is in the 3.75" scale). Thats coming out soon.

I hope Iron Man 2 stays in the 6" scale, because it would suck to rebuild my armory in the 3.75 scale (even though we all know I'll do it!)

JTCh
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
@CTO15: My 3.75" IM2 products is just a hopeful speculation. Not referring to the Animated line, saw them and they suck.:p

IM2 6" is definite since they already have the molds from IM1. What I was saying is it would be nice to see 3.75" IM in addition to the 6" line.;)

CTO15
05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
ahhhh my bad dude.

JTCh
05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
ahhhh my bad dude.

No problem!

I just really like the 3.75" scale because of the smaller amount of room they take. I don't have much displaying room.:(

Icetron
05-22-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm really starting to like this scale, since I just cleaned up my desk. I took off my 6" figures and just left the 3.75" guys and they just look better on my smallish desk. I still do love the detail and articulation of the 6" figures, but they just don't really work on my desk since I keep putting crap on it. :p I just wish Wave 2 (and up) would come out at retail in BC soon...

pud333
05-22-2009, 01:52 AM
No problem!

I just really like the 3.75" scale because of the smaller amount of room they take. I don't have much displaying room.:(

3.75" is my favorite scale by far. I'm so glad this scale found a new life.

JTCh
05-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Even with much less articulation than the 6" figures, I still find them fun to mess with. :p

HumanEraser LS-02
05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I love the 3.75-4 inch Marvel guys because it allows me to interact them with my G.I. Joe and Star Wars figs. :D

pdaaat
05-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I guess I missed Wave 2 - never saw Ronin anywhere.

CTO15
05-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I guess I missed Wave 2 - never saw Ronin anywhere.

nah, you didn't miss wave. Canada missed wave 2. The wave 2 figures that are found at walmart are part of the Wave 3 cases. Pretty bunk if you ask me.

pud333
05-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I just picked up black costumed Spidey and I have to say, he's probably my favorite MU figure. Just fantastic. The articulation, the look, the construction, etc. If this is a sign of things to come, then color me tickled!

Cemetary Man
05-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Black Spidey is sweet. I should have bought him when I saw him at TRU the other day...

Bought Grey Hulk instead.

pud333
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
If you see him again, I highly recommend him. I still need a hulk. I want the old school green one.

canprime
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Black Spidey is sweet. I should have bought him when I saw him at TRU the other day...

Bought Grey Hulk instead.

Which TRU? That would be the first sighting of Grey Hulk at retail in Canada.

lars573
05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I just picked up black costumed Spidey and I have to say, he's probably my favorite MU figure. Just fantastic. The articulation, the look, the construction, etc. If this is a sign of things to come, then color me tickled!
I'm not going to bother with the single card black Spidey. I'll wait for the comic pack version.

CTO15
05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
i think that comic pack version is just a repack of the 1st wave spidey. Black costume spidey has a better overall sculpt IMHO

Banshee
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
i think that comic pack version is just a repack of the 1st wave spidey. Black costume spidey has a better overall sculpt IMHO

I think he meant the wave 2 secret wars Magneto/Black spidey pack.

I wonder if the twopack black spidey will be different than the one I have now... I really want Magnus. :confused:

lars573
05-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Probably not. Considering the Spdiey Thunder ball/Spider-man pack is no different.

pud333
05-29-2009, 12:36 PM
So I picked up Classic Iron Man, Green Hulk and modern Ms. Marvel. Gotta say, the figures are getting better and better. Ms. Marvel is very cool, with a great sculpt. I was afraid her hair would limit articulation, and it does, but it's made of a soft, rubbery plastic, which allows you to move it no problems, unlike the hard plastic molds of other 3.75" figures, notably DCIH Wonder Woman, which makes it so you can't even turn her head. My only real beef with her is the paint application on mine is kind of week. Because the plastic used on her legs are of two different types, the blue paint job on the upper thighs doesn't quite match. Overall though, probably the best female mold in the 3.75" size I've seen. Much better than the DCIH, and much better than the female GI Joes which all sort of look weird.

Classic IM is cool, but not as cool as the wave 1 release, but very nice in his own right. I don't know if it's just my figure or what, but his legs sort of bend the wrong way too far. It's an inherent problem with the mold I think. Not a big deal, but kinda wierd.

Hulk is basically sort of useless. The articulation isn't great in his lower body, but his arms are cool. I wish the head could look up instead of just tilting his head like how a dog looks at something when it's confused or intrigued. The best part though is how you can pretty much put any MU figure into his open hand and have Hulk smash them.

With Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, Cap America and Black Spidey, this line is showing how well it's evolving and the potential seems limitless. I've definitely changed my opinion on this line :)

Edit: I wonder if the Nick Fury will be worth getting. Certainly looks cool, but paying nearly $30 US for a digital subscription to Marvel Comics is kind of expensive. I dunno, may still do it though cause I get to read comics.

Icetron
05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
My Ms Marvel (modern) has crappy paint on her tights and arm, but there was only one and I 'think' I can touch those parts up.

I'm so tempted to get Symbiote Spidey but I'll hold back for now (to save my wallet), I imagine Spidey will be easier to find...

I also got Classic IM, haven't opened him yet but there's some minor slops on the paint for both of the ones at TRU. :eek: Looks great regardless.

pud333
05-30-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm so tempted to get Symbiote Spidey but I'll hold back for now (to save my wallet), I imagine Spidey will be easier to find...

Black Spidey is awesome. Seriously, one of the best IMO. I say he ranks up there with Captain America and Iron Man.

4lott
05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Agreed I likeblack spidey way more than I thought I would. Finally found (after several weeks!) a Thing with good knee joints that don't extend too much.

HumanEraser LS-02
05-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Got Symbiote Spider-Man, and he's unfortunately taller than the regular Spidey. Though, I'm using him as Dark Avengers Spider-Man.

Wave 4 is hitting the U.S. now, when will we get Wave 4???

Icetron
05-31-2009, 02:22 AM
I looked at Symbiote Spidey again today and was really tempted, he looks a lot better than the regular Spidey (which I actually like, despite the hate I've been hearing). I'll hold back for now but definitely plan to pick one up eventually, hope he's put into future waves again if I miss it. :)

I opened up IM today, and sadly I'm a little disappointed. His legs were bent/crooked a bit to the sides on my version and he's a bit hard to balance due to weak knees. Sculpt-wise he's not bad, I like the design a lot. The thin/tall waist doesn't bother me much, but the waffe-butt bothers me a little since it affects articulation. Is the Modern one better? I considered it but the sculpt doesn't look as nice to me.

CTO15
05-31-2009, 09:12 AM
i like the classic iron man better. The only problem have with the modern one is that the headsculpt is a little to lone in the back.

pud333
05-31-2009, 02:45 PM
I opened up IM today, and sadly I'm a little disappointed. His legs were bent/crooked a bit to the sides on my version and he's a bit hard to balance due to weak knees. Sculpt-wise he's not bad, I like the design a lot. The thin/tall waist doesn't bother me much, but the waffe-butt bothers me a little since it affects articulation. Is the Modern one better? I considered it but the sculpt doesn't look as nice to me.

In the last day or so I've come around on the Classic IM and I like it better than the modern one, but you're right, it has its problems, specifically with the knees. His ass also limits articulation, but Modern IM doesn't have double jointed knees, which is a huge minus IMO. Plus, the modern figure's arms don't completely come down next to his body, they sort of look spread out a bit. But I'm probably just nitpicking. I think they're both pretty good.

HumanEraser LS-02
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Apparently, Toys R Us stores in Singapore are getting the exclusive Nick Fury figures.

Proof:
http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59715&st=390

CTO15
06-01-2009, 09:59 AM
and apparently Fury is the same price as the rest of the MU figs. Well thats a bunch of b.s. on Hasbro's part. Boourns!

pud333
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I think Hasbro has said there will be more than one release of Nick Fury, so I'll just wait for another version. I just don't feel like shelling out $30 US. I can live without Fury. :)

pud333
06-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Picked up MU Punisher with new head. The head is a completely different sculpt than the first, as he now has a receding hairline. :D The head sculpt is definitely an improvement, but the rest of the figure still kinda blows. The upper legs don't seem to match the lower legs which basically look like they're from a different mold altogether.

The guns are better now that they're black, and the overall paint is good. However the guns don't fit in his hands too well. The left hand looks like he got it slammed in a door and got it all swollen.

The articulation is limited, doesn't have double jointed knees, the movement in the arms seem more like a WO figure than MU. I don't think I wasted money on him cause he does look good with all the others and it's nice to have a Punisher, but definitely not my favorite.

I'm finding with the MU line, it's either hit or miss for me, nothing in between.

HumanEraser LS-02
06-04-2009, 04:29 PM
First look for the MU Nick Fury Mailaway figure:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/06/marvel-universe-nick-fury-first-look

pud333
06-04-2009, 05:18 PM
He looks okay. But I think I'll just wait for a regular single carded version to show.

pud333
06-10-2009, 03:02 AM
So it looks like the comic book X-men figures are coming out in the X-men Origins line rather than the MU line. With Iceman and Cyclops coming out as Wave 3 for WO, I guess we won't be seeing the X-men team in the MU packaging. Too bad, cause while I like the WO figures, I like the materials used in the MU line better. Anyone see those two here on the westcoast yet? I know they're in the US.

CTO15
06-10-2009, 10:05 AM
we'll probably see x-men in the MU further down the line. There is going to be an Iceman released in a 3-pack with Spider-man and firestar

and with the secret wars comic packs coming out, we're bound to see some x-men that were in that series. i.e. storm, Colossus, cyclops, magneto, nightcrawler, etc

pud333
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
we'll probably see x-men in the MU further down the line. There is going to be an Iceman released in a 3-pack with Spider-man and firestar

Yeah, I saw pictures of the three pack. They look pretty cool. Spidey is Spidey, but I'm really wanting Firestar.

pud333
06-20-2009, 10:42 PM
So I picked up WO Cyclops and Iceman from a dude over at Hisstank, and here are my initial thoughts:

First off, I like both figures, particularly Iceman who I think is near perfect. As you can see, Iceman is just marginally taller than Wolvie.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040754.jpg

The ability to pull of some dynamic poses is pretty cool.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040752.jpg

My major beef with Cyclops is that he has no wrist or ankle articulation. By now, I sort of expect Hasbro to provide those basics, so it does take away from the figure a bit. A minor bitch is the lack of replacement piece for his visor when not using the optic blast piece (which sort of looks like red licorice spewing from his face). This is just more of a cosmetic thing for me.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040755.jpg

Iceman is fantastic, IMO. One of the best. He's got this frosty clear look that's perfect for a man of ice.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040758.jpg

He comes with this ice board that he can ride on, and as you can see, the balance on the piece is excellent. He's definitely the best WO figure, and possibly one of the best with regards to MU. However, he lacks wrist articulation which is a definite draw back IMO. Regardless, I still think he is the best, in terms of sculpt, look, playability and faithfulness to the character.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040760.jpg

I can't wait for future X-men releases in the WO line. I just hope they're more like these guys and less like Gambit, which was just a total waste of space. I am excited to see what wave 4 will bring in this lineup.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040762.jpg

canprime
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Nice.

I'm starting to think I'll have to go online to get those 2 bad boys!!

Quantum
06-21-2009, 11:46 PM
They're awesome! I picked them up off ebay along with Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, and Blade. I'm pretty impressed.

I agree that Cyclops' lack of wrist and ankle articulation (I'm looking at you too WO Gambit) sucks ass.

Iceman is pretty much perfect: the only two problems I have with him; he can't look up; no wrists. Other than that, kick ass. He's posed with flame-on Human Torch right now.

Speaking of Torch, I picked up the dark-uniformed variant at Zellers in Stoney Creek today. They also had Thing, Hand ninja, Green Goblin (never seen him at retail before), symbiote Spidey (too much blue wash), darker red and blue Spidey, Stealth Ironman and the new Punisher.

pud333
06-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Iceman is pretty much perfect: the only two problems I have with him; he can't look up; no wrists. Other than that, kick ass. He's posed with flame-on Human Torch right now.

Yeah, forgot about the lack of head movement looking up. I find the WO figures in general are lacking a lot of the experimentation that the MU figures have. It's alright I guess so long as they're of this quality, and not something like the abomination that is Gambit.

Quantum
06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, forgot about the lack of head movement looking up. I find the WO figures in general are lacking a lot of the experimentation that the MU figures have. It's alright I guess so long as they're of this quality, and not something like the abomination that is Gambit.

Yeah, I agree. I must say though that I do like the WO hips better than the Marvel Universe. The ball joints are awesome, if not a bit loose sometimes. I gotta say though, Moon Knight is AWESOME! One thing I didn't think about though, is how much extra weight the caped figures have: it's hard to pose them without a stand.

Speaking of stands, anyone know where to get the figure stands that I see in collections everywhere? Clear disks with foot pegs?

HumanEraser LS-02
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12270

A closer look at Wave 5.

Some notes:

- The Spider-Man figure is the same as the Wave 1 figure, only he has black as opposed to the blue/darker blues.
- Electro looks okay. Maybe I'll consider picking him up...
- Silver Centurion Iron Man is nothing new. Meh.
- Guardian looks great, and I hope we get that guy here. He's got the Canadian flag for a costume, for cryin' out loud!

Anyways, looks to be another wave of picking favorites.

CTO15
06-22-2009, 08:39 PM
what about namor?

pud333
06-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Electro looks ubber cartoony in that picture, but I can dig it. He's the only one I'll get from that bunch.

Quantum
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I'll grab electro and Guardian for sure. Wish they had a pic of Namor: I'm super interested in him too.

pud333: Where'd you get the stand Cyclops is on in one of your pics on the previous page?

Icetron
06-24-2009, 12:34 AM
It's one of those DCUC figure stands I believe.

pud333
06-24-2009, 02:39 AM
I'll grab electro and Guardian for sure. Wish they had a pic of Namor: I'm super interested in him too.

pud333: Where'd you get the stand Cyclops is on in one of your pics on the previous page?

It's a DC Infinite Heroes stand. Mattycollector.com sells them. They don't work that great; the pegs are a bit small for their feet, so sometimes they fall backwards. However, Wholesalecases.com has those protech stands, which are round and clear. There's two kinds: the vintage ones for Starwars figures up until 1994, and the new ones for figures 1995 and up. Supposedly the newer ones work well for MU and 25th anniversary Joes, but I haven't confirmed it. They're out of the clear right now, only have black in the newer stands. I'll let you know once I get confirmation. I have some on order.

I also totally forgot about Namor. I know he's coming out at some point. I'll definitely get him too.

CTO15
06-24-2009, 08:51 AM
anybody got a line on how to get some of the SDCC exclusives? Hopefully HTS will sell them again, but I'm just trying to figure out how to bring it to canada. any thought?

WildMike
06-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Here is a picture from Entertainment Earth showing Namor as well. I plan to get him, Electro and Guardian if they show up in Canada (I expect they will eventually since Guardian is included!).

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/HMV78230Elg.jpg

If you figure out a good way to get the SDCC exclusive to Canada let me know as I would like one too!

CTO15
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
some pics of the upcoming battle packs(walmart exclusive)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUGBskrull-cap.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:onclick=history.go(-1);)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUGBgoliath-ironman.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:onclick=history.go(-1);)

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUGBgoliathVariant.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:onclick=history.go(-1);)

lars573
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I want that Goliath variant. Red and blue=my favorite colours. It's a freakin crime that Wal-Mart Canada probably won't carry these. :(

pud333
06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
anybody got a line on how to get some of the SDCC exclusives? Hopefully HTS will sell them again, but I'm just trying to figure out how to bring it to canada. any thought?

I've been thinking about the same thing. Beyond paying bloated prices on Ebay or BBTS, I'm not sure how to get them. I've been trying to make contacts with collectors in the US. Maybe one of them will be willing to get some for me. This is when having friends in the US would be a good thing.

WildMike
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Did any other more of my Canadian friends subscribe to Marvel digital comics and order the Nick Fury figure? If so, have your cheques been cashed yet? Still waiting to see mine go through and it has been about two weeks now. I imagine it has arrived but the may just stockpile them for awhile.

On a side note, I am enjoying the digital comics. I try to read a few each night and it seems to be turning out to be a pretty good deal. I doubt I will renew though - not that good of a deal - but for a one time thing I am getting to read quite a few comics I would not have otherwise!

HumanEraser LS-02
06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't care if that Bucky-Cap is a rehash of the DD mold, I want that figure. Then again, Walmart here won't stock these probably. :(

EDIT: Apparently, there will be two Spider-Man figures in Wave 5. The red/black one that was in that link, and a red/dark navy blue one, which will come hanging upside down! Almost forgot that.

CTO15
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
found this news at Marvelous News (http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12277[/URL)

colossus looks sweet, but no articulation is kinda poopy. Wolverine has a removable mask? thats crazy

canprime
06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
found this news at Marvelous News (http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12277[/URL)

colossus looks sweet, but no articulation is kinda poopy. Wolverine has a removable mask? thats crazy

Yeah, it's the same thing with the Blob/Sabretooth. No articulation on Blob because he is launcher. Same with Colossus.

However, that hopefully means we will get actual figures down the line.

pud333
06-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Yeah, it's the same thing with the Blob/Sabretooth. No articulation on Blob because he is launcher. Same with Colossus.

However, that hopefully means we will get actual figures down the line.

Definitely no articulation on Blob. His arms go up, and swing down. That's about it. He can't even hold his arms up. I thought there might be a locking mechanism or something, or a trigger, but his arms just flop back down right away.

Sabertooth is pretty cool. Kinda big, but he's sort of supposed to be so it's okay. Great articulation. Even his head has a pretty good range of movement. He's just a big old monster. :)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040771.jpg

canprime
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
That's the way he should be. However I really want the version with Logan and his motorcycle that has never shown up here in Canada. It has the more accurate short hair for the Jim Lee costume.

lars573
06-25-2009, 10:29 AM
The only problem with that is then your stuck with Logan on a motorcycle.

canprime
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
The only problem with that is then your stuck with Logan on a motorcycle.

I don't have a Logan yet and the motorcycle would be easy to use, or customize. So I could live with it. :D

pud333
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
That's the way he should be. However I really want the version with Logan and his motorcycle that has never shown up here in Canada. It has the more accurate short hair for the Jim Lee costume.

Sabertooth is pretty tall. He's as tall as the MU Hulk. He's a hefty figure too. Solid. But that just may be due to his larger size. The Blob is basically a shell. He's bigger than Sabertooth, but almost half the weight. You can tell he's hollow inside.

Yeah, the version with the short hair never showed up here. I would have preferred that, but this will do. I don't think I'll rebuy him if the short haired version shows up here. Instead, we got logan and his bike seperately. Honestly, that logan version is pretty weak. His face sculpt is kinda lame and it just looks wierd with his claws out on his motorcycle. I dunno. Just my opinion.

pacinofan
06-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Was the Wolvie /Collusus 2 pack been released in Canada?

pud333
06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Was the Wolvie /Collusus 2 pack been released in Canada?

Not that I know of.

The removable mask is kind of nutty, but I have a feeling it will look pretty terrible...

canprime
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I was surprised at how heavy the Blob/Sabretooth and Weapon X/Chamber sets were. It was the first time in a long while that I felt like I was getting my money's worth just on the weight alone.

pud333
06-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I was surprised at how heavy the Blob/Sabretooth and Weapon X/Chamber sets were. It was the first time in a long while that I felt like I was getting my money's worth just on the weight alone.

Yeah man. Sabretooth is most of that weight. He's a solid figure. Blob is all shell.

CTO15
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
how much are the W:O 2 packs at TRU?

Icetron
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
^ $16.99

How's the Blob set pud? :)

I haven't opened my DP yet since I'm not sure if I should keep it, might wait a little bit to see if there'll be a sale.

pud333
06-26-2009, 01:51 AM
^ $16.99

How's the Blob set pud? :)

I haven't opened my DP yet since I'm not sure if I should keep it, might wait a little bit to see if there'll be a sale.

Blob is weakass. He's hollow and doesn't do much. His head can look up slightly, and his arms have shoulder joints, but that's about it. Sabertooth is awesome though. I don't know if it was exactly worth the price, but I'm satisfied just based on Sabertooth.

I saw a couple more DP today. I like the web gear he's wearing, better than the other version, but I didn't think it was worth getting. There were more blob packs there today too at Bowmac TRU.

aquanet
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
the skrull/cap sculpt looks awesome!

Quantum
06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Just checked Toys'r'us in Hamilton and they do not have the deluxe packs yet.

I want me a Sabretooth!

4lott
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
It's hard to think of a figure as an accessory, but that's basically what Blob is. However I much prefer him to that missle launcher Deadpool comes with (although the DP sculpt is much improved IMO). Blob is fun. The action feature works relatively well and he's been tossing around Spidey.

pud333
07-02-2009, 12:54 PM
It's hard to think of a figure as an accessory, but that's basically what Blob is. However I much prefer him to that missle launcher Deadpool comes with (although the DP sculpt is much improved IMO). Blob is fun. The action feature works relatively well and he's been tossing around Spidey.

I've come around to the Blob in the last day or so. You're right, he's basically an accessory. He does look good sitting on my shelf next to the Hulk. You're right about Deadpool: I think the gun accessory is lame, but the sculpt is pretty good. But I don't feel like paying another $16.99 plus tax for a deadpool. Perhaps I'll wait for a sale of some sort.

I'm looking forward to getting Colossus soon hopefully. I'll definitely get the single card Colossus, but seriously thinking about the other Colossus with the Wolvie and removable mask. I like that sculpt better, but the single card Colossus has all the articulation, so... I may end up getting both.

CTO15
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
New package pictures of Wave 5. Really nice artwork once again

http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1728d1247712092-marvu-elec-00002-00042_large.jpg (http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1728d1247712092-marvu-elec-00002-00042_large.jpg) http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1729d1247712092-marvu-guard-00002-00042_large.jpg (http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1729d1247712092-marvu-guard-00002-00042_large.jpg)
http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1732d1247712092-marvu-subm-00002-00042_large.jpg (http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1732d1247712092-marvu-subm-00002-00042_large.jpg)

http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1730d1247712092-marvu-imansc-00002-00042_large.jpg
http://www.toyark.com/attachments/1731d1247712092-marvu-smanv2-00002-00042_large.jpg

JTCh
07-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the pics CTO15! These keep getting better and better! Going to pick up the Guardian and Iron Man. Anyone know if the Wave 1 normal Ironman are still in stores?

pud333
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the pics CTO15! These keep getting better and better! Going to pick up the Guardian and Iron Man. Anyone know if the Wave 1 normal Ironman are still in stores?

Just saw wave 1 Iron Man the other day at TRU. I'm sure he's still around elsewhere.

I'll definitely pick up Electro, Guardian and Sub Mariner. I really wish Hasbro would introduce more villains into the lineup though. At this point, I think it's a 4 to 1 mismatch of heroes over villains. Also, I have yet to see Hob Goblin, Blade, etc. on the west coast.

Stryfe2025
07-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Just saw wave 1 Iron Man the other day at TRU. I'm sure he's still around elsewhere.

I'll definitely pick up Electro, Guardian and Sub Mariner. I really wish Hasbro would introduce more villains into the lineup though. At this point, I think it's a 4 to 1 mismatch of heroes over villains. Also, I have yet to see Hob Goblin, Blade, etc. on the west coast.

I've seen Hobgoblin, Blade and Union Jack at Wal-Marts here in Calgary.

pud333
07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I've seen Hobgoblin, Blade and Union Jack at Wal-Marts here in Calgary.

Ah, there's the rub. Wal-Marts are too far away from where I live. Hopefully TRU gets 'em soon, cause there's a nice sale on right now!

Icetron
07-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow the new Spidey packaging looks cool, too bad he's not really that posable...regardless of how they package it.

I picked up Cap earlier this week, he's the best figure so far imo. I just wish the shield fit better.

HumanEraser LS-02
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
The Wave 5 looks good, gonna try to pick 'em all up, save for Spidey.

pud333
07-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow the new Spidey packaging looks cool, too bad he's not really that posable...regardless of how they package it.

I picked up Cap earlier this week, he's the best figure so far imo. I just wish the shield fit better.

I find the shield fits better when you put the little clip on an angle. So instead of folding it out at 90 degrees to the shield, try 45 degrees or something around there. He definitely is one of the best so far.

Icetron
07-18-2009, 03:08 AM
^ Ah yeah, it helps a bit but still not that good unfortunately.

I forgot I bought Ms Marvel and just opened her earlier. It's a pretty nice sculpt, a good balance of sculpt and articulation and I think this is the only Hasbro 3.75" figure where the accessories are actually good AND they work. The only point against her is that her paint apps are pretty crappy. Luckily on mine it was just bad for the black parts of the costume mainly, so I fixed it up with a gundam marker.

pud333
07-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Toyark is reporting that the TRU 3 packs are out in the states. Dang. Firestar looks great.

http://www.toyark.com/mu-tru-3-packs-found-5777/

CTO15
07-20-2009, 08:38 AM
the hydra/hand ninja/shield agent pack pack looks great for army building. hopefully these bad boys come to canada.

CTO15
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM
just found out my cheque cleared for the mail-away figure! Nick Fury is coming soon...

pud333
07-20-2009, 12:18 PM
just found out my cheque cleared for the mail-away figure! Nick Fury is coming soon...

Sweet. Let he know if he's worth it! :D

JTCh
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Toyark Marvel Universe Booth (http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2009-marvel-universehasbro-booth-images-1460/)

The new 2-packs are awesome! And YES we finally get Thor! And is that Ultron in 3.75" I see?

CTO15
07-22-2009, 11:20 AM
MU line looks fantastic! The head sculpt on the secret wars hulk is badass

pud333
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Good stuff. Particularly Jean Grey, Hawkeye, Thor and old school Cyclops. Those are must haves as far as I'm concerned. I like the all black Spidey, so that two pack is definitely worth getting. I love the Hulk head sculpt, however, the rest of him is the same old hulk. Kind of annoying how these two packs mostly take one new figure, and a repaint, but I guess that's how it's always been. Looks like Magneto's helmet doesn't come off. That would have been a nice touch, IMO, but whatever.

Edit: Anyone know when the SDCC exclusives will be available on the HTS? I hard heard it would be Monday after the show?

CTO15
07-22-2009, 10:24 PM
finished up a Black Widow custom using a Scarlet from the ROC GI Joe

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/cto15/Customs/IMG_2197.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/cto15/Customs/IMG_2198.jpg

JTCh
07-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Good job on the custom! Looks great!

pud333
07-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Wicked custom. turned out great!

HumanEraser LS-02
07-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice custom there. :)

As for the SDCC showings, Looks good. Thor and Ultron FTW. The 3.75" Iron Man stuff looks awesome, can't wait for those, too. :)

pud333
07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
I am curious to see what other figures Hasbro was gonna announce for SDCC. I recall them saying another figure or two were gonna be announced along with the ones voted on by the fans...

CTO15
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
new figures have been added to the floor

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_U niverse%2FDay_2%2FSingle_Carded%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

pud333
07-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Movie Iron Man and Blackwidow - Awesome.

Quantum
07-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Holy shit! That Thor is all kinds of bad-ass! Also diggin' Luke Cage (though I may take off the chain), Bucky, classic Cap and Black Widow: they're all awesome! Will also pick up that new Iron Man.

JTCh
07-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Must get movie IM, Vision, and Thor!!! Wow I can't wait for these to come!!! Are we looking at next year for the release dates of these?

Icetron
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
The new stuff is pretty neat, I'm not sure if I will pick any of it up but definitely looks like Hasbro is improving.

Liking the 6" stuff though. :D (Which is unrelated to this thread...)

JTCh
07-25-2009, 12:06 AM
I like both the upcoming 3.75" and 6" stuff. Now's a good time to get a display case ready for them:p

pud333
07-25-2009, 04:05 AM
That Thor is just killer. No way the actual retail version looks like that though in terms of paint apps...

Icetron
07-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Thanks to JTCh for posting the link in the other thread.

I'm pretty surprised.

Looking good:
New Classic IM
'90s Jean
Enchantress
Regular Costume Spidey
New Captain America

I think I'll sell my current Classic Iron Man to a friend and wait for the new one, it looks much better imo and I actually like the flame thingy. :D

I don't know about Cap, I like my current one as-is so I'll decide when they come out!

pud333
07-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Juggernaught looks wicked. Black Widow looks great with the short hair. I really hope she does come with those other wigs. That would be cool.

Edit: Of course, it also would have been cool if she looked like this:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/ewironman2new-1.jpg

CTO15
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
^man, that would be an awesome figure!

pud333
07-27-2009, 09:52 AM
HTS has the SDCC exclusive figures up for order. I hesitated way too long to make my order cause I couldn't decide if I wanted the gray/white Captain America so I lost out on him. Though now that I've had time to think about it, I realize I don't really want him. I like the packaging, but that's about it. Still snagged the other boxed set though, so I'm happy. Shipping was just insane though - positively criminal, I tell ya! - so I ended up ordering more Joes and other Marvel figures to balance out my order. They wouldn't let me use my gmail account due to "security reasons" so I had to use an old hotmail account that was still active. First time ordering through HTS, so we'll see how things go. I've heard some horror stories from guys at hisstank... :cool:

Edit: Marvel Invaders and Gray Cap are now both out of stock. Damn that was fast! Official sell out time for Invaders was around 6:57 am I think. My girlfriend woke me up at 6 cause she "just wanted someone to talk to" before she went to work. I was annoyed, but then I remembered the SDCC figures go on today, so I have forgiven her, haha.

Edit x 2: Looks like Marvel Invaders is up again as a preorder.

HumanEraser LS-02
07-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I might have to trade up my regular Iron Man for that Extremis version. And I can't wait to snag that Bucky figure, he is awesome.

CTO15
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
i missed out on the frozen Cap, hopefully that bad boy goes back in stock.

CTO15
07-28-2009, 10:06 AM
picked up a Steel Crusher yesterday. Had to make into a SHIELD vehicle. Bonus: the Nitro-Viper can easily pass as a Cape-Killer.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/cto15/new%20haul/IMG_2204.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/cto15/new%20haul/IMG_2205.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/cto15/new%20haul/IMG_2206.jpg

Edit: Also for anyone who missed him, B&W Cap is available at HTS

pud333
07-28-2009, 02:50 PM
i missed out on the frozen Cap, hopefully that bad boy goes back in stock.

Back in stock as preorder. As of a minute ago, there were less than 25.

CTO15
08-05-2009, 07:18 PM
new images of the Secret War 2 packs (Wave 2)

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12367

also got my Nick Fury in the mail yesterday. Sweet figure, but he needs a cigar in his mouth, otherwise he looks like a 30s gangstar

pud333
08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm really interested in the Magneto pack, but his cape looks pretty brutal and I don't need another Spidey, but I suppose that sort of thing is par for the course when it comes to comic packs. The Cyclops pack looks good. Head sculpt on Hulk looks much better.

aquanet
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I was going to order the invaders boxset, but when it got to shipping, the total was about $81 (30 for shipping!), too rich for my blood :(

pud333
08-07-2009, 02:02 AM
also got my Nick Fury in the mail yesterday. Sweet figure, but he needs a cigar in his mouth, otherwise he looks like a 30s gangstar

Question: Is he worth the price, or should I be waiting for a different Nick Fury version?

pud333
08-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Got the Spider-man three pack from TRU through an American friend. This pack is fantastic and definitely worth it. I was a huge, huge fan of the TV show growing up, so this is a particularly awesome buy for me. The figures are cartoon accurate and just chalk full of awesome. (I apologize in advance for the crappy pictures).

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040790.jpg

First off, the Spider-man in this pack is the best repaint, IMO. You can't really tell in this picture, but the blue is a more brighter, cartoon blue which is what I prefer.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040789.jpg

The Firestar figure is basically a repaint of Ms. Marvel with a new head, which is very cool. The hair limits her movement, but you can still get enough of a turn to pose her.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040787.jpg

Iceman is a nice figure. Although the WO Iceman looks cooler and comes with his ice board thing, the three pack one is pretty cool also, looking more like a snowman, but very show accurate. My only beef is with his height. I think he has the Black Spidey body, and his head is a bit long, so it makes him even taller looking.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040784.jpg

Overall, this pack is a win-win!

pandaprime
08-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Man! Spiderman and his Amazing Friends! so awesome! I watched every episode! any chance Canada is getting that 3-pack?

pud333
08-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Man! Spiderman and his Amazing Friends! so awesome! I watched every episode! any chance Canada is getting that 3-pack?

It's a TRU exclusive, so you'd think we'd get it up here, but I'm not so sure. There are some MU figures that TRU never got, or I've never seen. Either way, I wanted to make sure I got mine and it was also something I just couldn't wait for.

edit: looks like they're out in Ontario now for $29.99! Might pick up a second pack to keep in package.

CTO15
08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Question: Is he worth the price, or should I be waiting for a different Nick Fury version?

I love Nick Fury so I had to get him. There are some nice accessories that he comes with (his huge gun that he carries in Secret Invasion for instance)

Price wise, for basically $32 (subscription fees ($24) and the shipping fee($7)) I found that the figure was worth it.

If you consider that a regular MU cost $11 (at Walmart at least) for 3 MU you can get an awesome exclusive. That just the way I feel.

pud333
08-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I love Nick Fury so I had to get him. There are some nice accessories that he comes with (his huge gun that he carries in Secret Invasion for instance)

Price wise, for basically $32 (subscription fees ($24) and the shipping fee($7)) I found that the figure was worth it.

If you consider that a regular MU cost $11 (at Walmart at least) for 3 MU you can get an awesome exclusive. That just the way I feel.

True enough. There's still time on the offer I think so I'll think about it a bit more. Though if I get that three pack of soldiers, that Shield agent will need a leader...

CTO15
08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
True enough. There's still time on the offer I think so I'll think about it a bit more. Though if I get that three pack of soldiers, that Shield agent will need a leader...

my thoughts exactly ;)

Icetron
08-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Too bad the sets are $30, would be cooler if it was $25. They look cool but I may wait for a sale to think about it.

Quantum
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Bought both at TRU in Hamilton today! Stoked! Now to get Fury!

pud333
08-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Got the Invaders set and B + W Cap today. I have to say the packaging for the Invaders set is awesome. The package is kept closed by a magnet, which is a very cool idea.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040794.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040795.jpg

The artwork on the single packs are quite fantastic, IMO. The whole thing works really well as a display piece, which makes me happy that I bought two.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040797.jpg

First off, Namor is the real winner of the set. He's fantastic in every imaginable way. Both he and Torch share the same body mold, but the head sculpt on Namor is probably one of the best, if not the best in the line. The detail is awesome, right down to the winged heels. My only beef is that his left hand is a closed fist, but there's a hole as if you can slide his staff in. Well, you can't. He comes with a staff and conch. Torch is okay. He comes with a neat fireball thing that attaches to his arm. Other than that, he's sort of whatever.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040798.jpg

The Captain America is cool, basically the same as the original, but with new boots, gloves and wings on his head, plus a lighter colour scheme. His shield is darker, and it fits perfectly unlike the first release. This is due to the way the gloves are molded, which allow for a more solid fit. It's also got the elastic bands like the original, which the CP version is lacking aparently.

Red Skull is cool, except for the fact that Hasbro cheaped out and used an Indiana Jones figure for the body. Still, the headsculpt is fantastic, much like Namor's. Overall, it works, except how short he is. He's the same size as WO Wolverine. I don't know if this is a problem with all of them, but Red Skull's head won't turn. I think it's just mine that's stuck, but I'm afraid to force anything because I think it might snap. Edit: got it to turn. Just had to wiggle gently cause it was really stiff.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040799.jpg

Overall, I think the set is only really worth it if you're a big Marvel freak like me, or if you really need Namor, which looks much better than the Wave 5 version. I personally think having one MISB to display with the rest of the figures makes one's whole collection look great. :cool:

Finally, B + W Cap. It comes with a cardboard sleeve. The artwork is fantastic. I decided against opening it since I figured it would display better that way, and basically captures the frozen in time look. Plus, I already have two Caps and I don't need another. He's the exact same mold as the Cap from the Invaders set. In hindsight, I probably didn't need two of these, but when HTS put them up, the collector in me took over and I went on autopilot. I think I blacked out for ten minutes while I processed the order.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1040796.jpg

This is the first time I was able to buy an SDCC set without having to resort to the secondary market and pay inflated prices, and I have to say, I am pretty happy with the experience. Already looking forward to what might come out next year at SDCC...

Quantum
08-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Pud, just had an idea re: Red Skull. Given the t-crotch issue, do you think the head is compatible with a ROC Destro? Simple head swap may improve the fig. Might look good without repainting it, but definitely if painted to match the colour scheme of the body he has now.

Guess is depends how important hip articulation is to you: I know the lack thereof drives me absolutely nuts! I may have to grab a Red Skull and try it out though.

pud333
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
The Red Skull head has a bigger hole than Destro's, so when you put the head on, it sits very low and loose, basically doesn't stay on. You'd have to fill in Skull's head to make it the same size as destro's neck ball joint. Head also looks a bit small, but that just may be due to how the head sits so low on the Destroy body. Filling in the head might fix it. Otherwise he looks great.

Hip articulation isn't such a big deal to me, but I like my figures in the line to be the same when it comes to style and articulation. For example, I'm collecting the Clone Wars line and while they have T-crotches, it's not a big deal since they're all the same. Having the MU line so articulate, then having Red Skull not so much is frustrating, but whatever. He still looks pretty great.

Quantum
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Cool dude. I just snagged an Invaders set off Evil-bay for a pretty good deal (cheaper than from HTS given their shitty shipping charges), so I'm going to try it out. Have to pick up a Destro though and give it a shot.

I'm the same way about consistency in my figs, but I have to admit, hip articulation is a big one for me. There is absolutely no reason these days, especially with design of the WO figs, for 3.75 action figures to lack it. It pisses me off.

I don't let it ruin my life though!

pud333
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm the same way about consistency in my figs, but I have to admit, hip articulation is a big one for me. There is absolutely no reason these days, especially with design of the WO figs, for 3.75 action figures to lack it. It pisses me off.

I don't let it ruin my life though!

Yeah, I don't know why the T-crotch is still around in that scale, but I still collect DCIH and Clone Wars despite the lack of articulation there. I still do find it odd when some WO figures don't have ankle articulation like Cyclops. That one's still peculiar to me.

Quantum
08-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Agreed. Why do they sacrifice points of articulation on characters like Cyclops and Gambit. At least Iceman is translucent, so I could see sacrificing something.

Had another idea for the Red Skull custom. I went out and bought a couple of Destros at Walmart (still 5 bucks each) and I think I've got an easier solution (totally subjective as to it being easier). I checked the ball joint on one of my Indy figs, and it's bigger than the Destro, so I'm assuming it's the same as the existing Red Skull ball joint. I'm gonna do some hack and slashing and get the Indy ball joint onto Destro's neck and voila!

Also have some plans to turn the collar down and repaint his suit black with a red armband.

I'll let you know how things go as I attempt it. Won't be 'til next week though as I'm off to Calgary tomorrow for a coupla days.

pud333
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
For sure dude, if you manage to pull it off, you should post a pic!

Quantum
08-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Managed to snag a Sabertooth/Blob in Calgary. I checked three TRU's in T.O. and Hamilton with no success. Was in Calgary this week and visited a TRU and there was nothing on the shelf. I always ask if they'll check the back for me, and the dude, came out with a case. Turns out there's only one Sabretooth/Blob set per case. Not sure if that's known, but it's why they're so hard to find.

Sabretooth is awesome! One of my favorite figs for sure, and I always liked the long-haired Victor a la AOA and Exiles, so I'm a happy panda!

Also snagged 55 clear stands from Wholesalecases. They're awesome! You've got to wiggle the MU guys on, but the fit, and you can pull so good poses as they are super-stable. Awesome customer service too, and they came superbly packaged (and I only ordered 50, and got a bonus 5 included). I recommend them.

Quantum
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Got my SDCC invaders set! My prototype Red Skull works pretty well. Some fine tuning to do for the final version, but I'll post a pic later tonight.

pud333
08-28-2009, 02:10 PM
So I saw the DD/IM/SS three pack yesterday at TRU. Is anybody interested in this pack? I had it in hand but decided against it due to the high price. It's actually more to buy this three pack than the others, and it costs more per figure than singles. I find this completely strange. I know it's an exclusive and all, but at least the Star Wars special packs come with a collectors tin or something. These have nothing.

canprime
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
So I saw the DD/IM/SS three pack yesterday at TRU. Is anybody interested in this pack? I had it in hand but decided against it due to the high price. It's actually more to buy this three pack than the others, and it costs more per figure than singles. I find this completely strange. I know it's an exclusive and all, but at least the Star Wars special packs come with a collectors tin or something. These have nothing.

I'm only interested in this pack for the DD repaint. However I agree with you about the price. I haven't bothered with the other 3 packs yet. The price is just too high. As well I first saw them at my local TRU in the 20s (meaning close at least 20 of them) and they are still there for the most part. I'll wait for the inevitable sale to add them to the collection.

On another note, I have to say that I love the Invaders set from SDCC. The figures are great the box and presentation is one of the best in years. The B/W Captain America is pretty nice too, but moreso for the the novelty of a B/W figure in a line that usually doesn't have that.

WildMike
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm only interested in this pack for the DD repaint. However I agree with you about the price. I haven't bothered with the other 3 packs yet. The price is just too high. As well I first saw them at my local TRU in the 20s (meaning close at least 20 of them) and they are still there for the most part. I'll wait for the inevitable sale to add them to the collection.

On another note, I have to say that I love the Invaders set from SDCC. The figures are great the box and presentation is one of the best in years. The B/W Captain America is pretty nice too, but moreso for the the novelty of a B/W figure in a line that usually doesn't have that.

The SDCC is fantastic! I wasn't going to open them up to play with but the kids decided otherwise. Captain America is still sealed up as we already had two but the other three are at large and well loved already.

I will be getting the two HYDRA/SHIELD/HAND and Spiderman And Friends packs but will pass on the Daredevil ones due to the price and we already have all three of those heros in one form or another.

On a side note, has anyone found Red Hulk at retail other then the comic stores in Canada yet?

pud333
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Yeah, they sure are purrrrty. I've got an extra set sitting in storage, just waiting to be displayed once I move into my new place.

The B/W Cap packaging is very nice. I really like the artwork.

Quantum
08-29-2009, 12:05 AM
So, here're some pics of the Red Skull custom I've been working on. Super easy to do. I'm going to do another version, perhaps with the collar still up like in the artwork for the figure. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0113.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0112.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0100.jpg

Wildmike: I picked Red Hulk up at a Walmart here in Ontario and have seen him at a second, but those are the only times I've seen him at regular retail.

dawingster
08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
I heard they used an Indy Figure for the body. Is the articulation on the Red Skull that bad?

Red Skull's... uh skull, looks real good on the ROC Destro.

Icetron
08-29-2009, 02:21 AM
@Quantumus: Wow, that's really really nice! Looks like it turned out great. :D

Quantum
08-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I heard they used an Indy Figure for the body. Is the articulation on the Red Skull that bad?

Red Skull's... uh skull, looks real good on the ROC Destro.

The articulation on the figure as it comes is shit: no wrist or ankle articulation; t-crotch; and he's about a half-head shorter than the rest of the figs.

@Quantumus: Wow, that's really really nice! Looks like it turned out great. :D

Thanks dude! I had lots of fun coming up with it, and am looking forward to my next one (black suit, green armband, blah blah blah...).

FETT1
08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
is it moi....but these little figure's are expensive ...
just a thought..

FETT1
08-29-2009, 12:36 PM
So, here're some pics of the Red Skull custom I've been working on. Super easy to do. I'm going to do another version, perhaps with the collar still up like in the artwork for the figure. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0113.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0112.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0100.jpg

Wildmike: I picked Red Hulk up at a Walmart here in Ontario and have seen him at a second, but those are the only times I've seen him at regular retail.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

pud333
08-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Dude, that is cool. What an easy change up! That's cool man. Props.

Icetron
08-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Anyone have Hobgoblin and wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts? I'm pretty undecided if I want to return him or not as he was an impulse buy.

Quantum
08-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey dude. I like him personally. Mine has loose ankles though so it's a pain in the ass to pose, but I think he's a good figure. Good enough for me to want another with good ankles. Not as good as Green Goblin, but pretty good, and raises the bad guy ranks. Keep him, or send him my way.

Quantum
08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Dude, that is cool. What an easy change up! That's cool man. Props.

Thanks Pud! Was pretty easy. Required some hand drilling to replace the ball joint (still not perfect - had to put some paper up in his head to lift it the extra millimeter I was off) as well as to attach the gun holster from the original Red Skull. Also glued down the collar and coloured in the shirt and tie (gotta love black sharpies!).

As a prototype, I love it. I'm gonna do another and try and get the whole suit painted black with gold trim. We'll see how that one goes.

But it was super easy. Easy enough that I could explain what I did and you could do it in about a half an hour.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

pud333
08-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks Pud! Was pretty easy. Required some hand drilling to replace the ball joint (still not perfect - had to put some paper up in his head to lift it the extra millimeter I was off) as well as to attach the gun holster from the original Red Skull. Also glued down the collar and coloured in the shirt and tie (gotta love black sharpies!).

As a prototype, I love it. I'm gonna do another and try and get the whole suit painted black with gold trim. We'll see how that one goes.

But it was super easy. Easy enough that I could explain what I did and you could do it in about a half an hour.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I'd be interested to see the paint job you do. Personally, I've never been very good at painting models or toys, but then again, I was like seven the last time I tried and had the hand-eye coordination of an elephant. haha.

Currently my Red Skull is boxed away in storage with the rest of my MU cause I'm preparing to move in September. I guess I'll see how I feel when I display the figures in my new place.

Icetron: I don't have Hobgoblin, but from what I see, just looks like another Green Goblin. I dunno. I like the GG figure, but I haven't bothered to try to hunt down the Hobgoblin figure just because it's so similar IMO. If you're feeling wishy-washy about a figure, in my experience, you're better off returning it if you still have the receipt. Impulse buys are the worst, and for me, I never really tend to enjoy the toys later on and only regret it. As a collector, I tend to get carried away and buy shit I shouldn't just because it's there, and I think, "What if I do want it later and can't find it? I should get it now instead..." So far my MU regrets are new Punisher, Blade, the Thing, and my second B/W Cap.

Icetron
08-30-2009, 03:09 PM
@Quantumus: I actually saw GG on the same day but I guess HG's orange colour attracted me more. :eek:

@pud: Very true, the main thing stopping me is that I have no real need for HG so you may be right about just returning it as I'm not too attached to the character anyways. There's some stuff coming out in 2010 that I want so maybe I should save my money for those. :) I mainly picked up HG for the same reason you mentioned, I thought "Maybe I can't find this again." but so far I think the only one that hasn't been easy to find is Captain America...lol.

Quantum
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Saw the Secret Wars comic packs yesterday. Gotta say I'm not too impressed with the first wave. Only two new characters? I know that Spidey, Wolvie, Torch and Cap are popular, but do we really need a third and fourth incarnation of each in the first wave of comic packs? I think that may give a poor representation of what sales could be had they released more new characters in this first wave.

They still look good, mind you, although the paint apps on the two Claws I saw were pretty bad on the face, but still good overall. Once I find one with good paint apps, I will get the Cap/Claw set. I don't even know who Thunderball is, so I'm out on that pack, and I've got WO brown costume wolverine who is, in my opinion, superior to the MU version.

Guess all this really boils down to: I can't wait for wave 2 to hit!

pud333
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Guess all this really boils down to: I can't wait for wave 2 to hit!

Same here. But even in Wave 2, all I want is Magneto and Cyclops. Of course Hasbro had to package these guys separately! I might try to pick those two up as loose figures on Ebay if the price is right. Cause I don't feel like paying the retail prices for four figures, when I'm gonna only want two of them.

HumanEraser LS-02
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
@Quantumus: I actually saw GG on the same day but I guess HG's orange colour attracted me more. :eek:

@pud: Very true, the main thing stopping me is that I have no real need for HG so you may be right about just returning it as I'm not too attached to the character anyways. There's some stuff coming out in 2010 that I want so maybe I should save my money for those. :) I mainly picked up HG for the same reason you mentioned, I thought "Maybe I can't find this again." but so far I think the only one that hasn't been easy to find is Captain America...lol.

Yeah, the good Captain has been a real challenge to find, especially for me. But, I found one a while ago at Markville's TRU and bought the sucker. :D :D

Quantum
09-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Same here. But even in Wave 2, all I want is Magneto and Cyclops. Of course Hasbro had to package these guys separately! I might try to pick those two up as loose figures on Ebay if the price is right. Cause I don't feel like paying the retail prices for four figures, when I'm gonna only want two of them.

Ditto, although I don't mind the extra black Spidey as he doesn't have the blue wash, and the new head sculpt on Hulk is good. Is there a third set in wave 2, or is it just the two mentioned?

Icetron
09-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Just saw the sets in person, I only want the Cap but not sure if I want to buy him again for now. Aren't they releasing a single pack Cap with wings?

pud333
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Ditto, although I don't mind the extra black Spidey as he doesn't have the blue wash, and the new head sculpt on Hulk is good. Is there a third set in wave 2, or is it just the two mentioned?

yes there is a third set. It's Classic IM and Spider-woman. Easy pass for me.

Quantum
09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
yes there is a third set. It's Classic IM and Spider-woman. Easy pass for me.

Riiiight. I'm actually interested in the Spiderwoman just for more girls on the team. Ironman, meh.

Anyone know when that Hawkeye we saw at SDCC is supposed to come out?

pud333
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
No release dates, but according to Toyark:

Secret Wars Wave 3 (2010)
---------------------------
[ ] Thor/Enchantress (w/Issue ?? of 12)
[ ] Hawkeye/Piledriver (w/Issue ?? of 12)
[ ] Mr. Fantastic (John Byrne costume)/Ultron (ver. XI) (w/Issue ?? of 12)

Secret Wars Wave 4 (2010)*
---------------------------
[ ] Bulldozer
[ ] Storm (mohawk)
[ ] Thing (John Byrne costume)
[ ] Dr. Doom (classic costume)
[ ] Wrecker**

HumanEraser LS-02
09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Just saw the sets in person, I only want the Cap but not sure if I want to buy him again for now. Aren't they releasing a single pack Cap with wings?

Yeah, but it's based on his 1940s version, so he'll have an exposed neck.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_U niverse%2FDay_2%2FSingle_Carded&pic=IMG_9188.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

ironpupz
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Has anyone seen XMOW wave 3 in ontario yet? Had no luck hunting for them

Icetron
09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Saw Cyclops, unmasked Wolvy and Iceman today!

My friend wanted Iceman so I can wait, not sure if I'll end up getting my own even though he looks cool.

Quantum
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I picked up Iceman and Cyclops online awhile ago (couldn't wait for retail) and Iceman is definitely worth it. Highly recommended!

pud333
09-09-2009, 12:03 AM
I picked up Iceman and Cyclops online awhile ago (couldn't wait for retail) and Iceman is definitely worth it. Highly recommended!

Have to second that. Iceman is one of the best in the line.

Icetron
09-09-2009, 02:16 AM
My friend ended up taking the Iceman, and it is indeed a great figure. I will pick one up when I find another. ;)

ironpupz
09-09-2009, 02:31 AM
where did all u guys see the wave 3 of XMOW? i have no luck still in ontario

pud333
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
where did all u guys see the wave 3 of XMOW? i have no luck still in ontario

I got mine from another collector in the states months ago, but although I haven't personally seen any in stores yet, there have been sightings for a couple of weeks now. Might want to try a Walmart. They seem to get new waves frequently.

HumanEraser LS-02
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, the Walmarts and TRUs around me kinda lag on new stuff. No Wave 4 yet, nor do the TRUs have the Comic Packs.

Quantum
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
It's pretty hit-and-miss in Hamilton TRU as well. They totally over-order the first wave of stuff, then the next waves trickle in. They do get almost everything at some point, but there's no way to tell when it'll come.

They have always been good, however, at checking the back for me to see if there is anything back there that's missing from the shelves. That's actually how I scored my WO Sabretooth/Blob (in Calgary) and my Spider-man and his Amazing Friends 3-pack (in Hamilton). Never hurts to ask.

pud333
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
It's pretty hit-and-miss in Hamilton TRU as well. They totally over-order the first wave of stuff, then the next waves trickle in. They do get almost everything at some point, but there's no way to tell when it'll come.

That's how it is at my TRU. Way too much of the first couple of waves, then nothing. I've only recently seen the wave with Hobgoblin and Rulk as of last weekend. But then they go and get a tonne of the 3 packs that just sit on shelves due to their ridiculous pricing. WTF? Totally drives me nuts. I can't stand how I can't depend on TRU to get all the waves.

Seems that way with SW CW figures now as well. Just tonnes of early waves, and nothing of the new stuff.

HumanEraser LS-02
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I heard you can trade in old games to ToysRUs in exchange for a gift card for use in the store? I wonder if that works in Canada?

CTO15
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
man, that would be a sweet deal. I definitely have some games that I would trade for some toys

Quantum
09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
So, speaking of Iceman...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0201.jpg

pud333
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Kluster Bombs from Hisstank and Toyark is reporting that he picked up XMO Colossus from Walmart. Looks like wave 4 has hit mass retail in the states. Hopefully we'll get some sightings up here soon, but considering how long it took for wave 3 to get here, I don't have high hopes.

Quantum
09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Colossus eh? Stoked! Looks like evil-bay again for WO.

pud333
09-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Colossus eh? Stoked! Looks like evil-bay again for WO.

Yeah, WTF is it with this line? Anyway, I'm trying to see what my contact in the US can find. I'm gonna be going down there, but it won't be until the end of October. :mad: He's on ebay, but way too costly right now. Averaging around $25.

CTO15
09-11-2009, 07:39 PM
if anybody needs help from the states, I can give you a contact. Guy is awesome, he found me all of DCUC wave 9 and the walmart 5 pack. So he's a good bloodhound for figures.

back to topic. I hope we get the colossus. He looks sweet, but I need to see some comparison pics beside other MU figs, I don't want a stumpy Colossus

Icetron
09-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Can you send me the contact? Does he only help out with figures? (Trying to get a copy of Valkyria Chronicles for $20 USD from Wal-Mart somehow...) Thanks! :)

CTO15
09-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Pm for you icetron

pud333
09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
if anybody needs help from the states, I can give you a contact. Guy is awesome, he found me all of DCUC wave 9 and the walmart 5 pack. So he's a good bloodhound for figures.

back to topic. I hope we get the colossus. He looks sweet, but I need to see some comparison pics beside other MU figs, I don't want a stumpy Colossus

From what I hear, he's not as tall as Sabertooth, but he's got girth. So he might be stumpy looking. I dunno.

What I want to know, is where the heck is this colossus that was shown back at SDCC 2008? Did they replace him with the current one?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/211.jpg

HumanEraser LS-02
09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
The only thing I want to know is.....

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT MODERN THOR FIGURE!?

CTO15
09-12-2009, 06:45 PM
he's coming in 2010.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FWrap-Up%2FMarvel_Universe&start=20

the punisher's head is what I really want. Looks awesome compared to the poo we got at retail

Quantum
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
the punisher's head is what I really want. Looks awesome compared to the poo we got at retail

Seconded!

4lott
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Just picked up the secret wars 2 packs and the 75 ann. IM, SS, and DD set at St. Laurent TRU. They're going back tomorrow. What posters have been saying about the poor quality is true. Wolvie's wrist twisted off right out of the package. The paint is also really poor by comparison to the single packs. Wonder if Hasbro is using Mattel's old factory.

Quantum
09-12-2009, 08:41 PM
I had looked at the Cap/Claw pack at TRU Hamilton a coupla weeks ago and the paint apps were ultra-crappy! Passed on them. Hoping they work it out for the next wave.

canprime
09-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I had looked at the Cap/Claw pack at TRU Hamilton a coupla weeks ago and the paint apps were ultra-crappy! Passed on them. Hoping they work it out for the next wave.

The multipacks and SW comic packs are not too bad from what I have seen, but the price is absolutely rediculous. I won't be picking these up until they go on sale.

pud333
09-13-2009, 12:11 PM

My problem with punisher, besides the poo head, is the crappy body also. Just not a fan of that sculpt. For example, Blade is just a piece of shit IMO cause he has the same body - terrible knees, massive mitts for hands, etc. At any rate, definitely looking forward to most of those figures, except the first wave of secret wars. Just totally crappy from what I saw. I really hope Hasbro ups the quality control for the other waves. I'm gonna see what wave 2 looks like, cause I really want that Magneto, but not if the quality is the same as the first wave.

PS: "Poo head" should really be a phrase we use more often going forward. :)