PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest Thing You Have Done With Your Collection

CTO15
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Whats the most bone head move you have done to your collection?

Something that makes you :banghead:

For me, I had bought a Spider-Man Action figure (Ben Reilly from the Spider-Man 3 3/4" line) and put him away in my closet.

At the same time I had purchases a bunch of other Marvel figures, and had opened them and put the packaging in the same bag that contained the Spider-Man figure.

Month later, I threw out the bag. The bag containing the empty packages and the MIB Spider-Man Figure :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Granted it was only $5 that I lost (I got him on the TRU BOGO sales), but I can't find the figure anywhere.

Robimus
02-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Losing weapons I guess. Doesn't happen a lot but when you have stuff on display with a 1-7 year old and a cat that likes Boba Fett sometimes stuff just vanishes.

Super_Megatron
02-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Not properly packaging my collection when I moved. My mint vintage G1 Mirage broke in half.

pud333
02-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Buying something in the spur of the moment (usually because there is a toy drought) or selling something in the spur of the moment (usually because I am deserate to buy something and need cash).

When the latter hapens, and I regret selling the item, I usually end up buying it again. Since I bought the figure twice, and sold it once at a lesser price than I bought it for, it means I basically paid 1.5 times what the figure was worth.

aznpnoy
02-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I saw a clear custom of ML8 Iceman that looked really good. I read that acetone was used to make it so I took my Iceman and put it in a glass, filled it up with acetone and left it overnight.

Next morning, I was so excited to see it and was so shocked that the iceman is now waterman as the figure was all melted.. wow, that was dumb..

TTT
02-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Hmmmm....let it grow into 2 storage rooms and an overflowing closet that looks like the doors burst and a wave of boxed toys are flowing out of it and taking over a 2nd bedroom....?

Drexl
02-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Placing a toy shelf above the head of my bed.
I don't know how many times me & my girlfriend have been attacked by my action figures!

Scrapper6
02-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Selling my entire 80's TMNT collection at a Garage Sale, including the Sewer Base Lair thing that I had bought a few years earlier at a garage sale (of all places.), when I could have held onto it and sold it at the C4 or Winnipeg toy show and made some extra long green for TFs.

Or at least kept most of the figures I want to get back that I had when I finally pick up those 25th edition TMNT figures.

WASTING GOOD MONEY ON LORD OF THE RINGS FIGURES AND MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURES WHEN I COULD HAVE BOUGHT TRANSFORMERS LEADER/ULTRA/MEGA/VOYAGERS INSTEAD!

There's probably more, but I gotta go catch my bus for work. Toodles.

CTO15
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Placing a toy shelf above the head of my bed.
I don't know how many times me & my girlfriend have been attacked by my action figures!

do you at least turn them around when you guys get naughty?

Robimus
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I saw a clear custom of ML8 Iceman that looked really good. I read that acetone was used to make it so I took my Iceman and put it in a glass, filled it up with acetone and left it overnight.

Next morning, I was so excited to see it and was so shocked that the iceman is now waterman as the figure was all melted.. wow, that was dumb..

I did this customing a Transformer part. I just wanted to try and help get the paint off and ended up melting the piece.:yelling:

WASTING GOOD MONEY ON LORD OF THE RINGS FIGURES

If you still have those the new movie is about to start production. They will be in demand over the next couple years I think.

RyDel
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
12 years ago when I was leaving Ottawa to move to Calgary I had a garage sale. Sold my whole 80's G.I.Joe collection to a mom for $20 bucks. Ugh....it hurts thinking about it. It was like 3 big boxes of figures and vehicles.

I tell myself some kid was probably really really happy that day when his mom came home, so I suppose it's nice to know they continued to be played with.

I sold a complete collection of those orange colored vintage star wars cards that same day. I forget what I sold them for, but I know it dirt cheap.

Prowl_2009
02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Left the door to my room unlocked one day when some family friends came over and they had a three year old who literally got into everything....Including my Jurassic Park collection, which I had just finished setting up on a nice bookshelf not even two days after moving into the new house. Needless to say, while I was playing basketball with their two older boys, the little tike, who never was watched by his folks, totally disimaited my JP display, knocking many of the bottom shelf figures over and sending top shelf figures toppling to the floor by shaking the bookcase, one figure even ended up with a busted leg and some accessories ended up in the heating vent. :rolleyes:

I was super ticked off, I mean, JP toys, especially the classic Kenner ones from 1993-1994 aren't the easiest pieces to come by these days, at least not for cheap.

So, I spent several hours trying to reset everything back up and learned to lock my door when the kid came over. Still burns me up that one of my favorite figures ended up losing a leg in the process though. :mad:

Drexl
02-16-2011, 11:34 PM
do you at least turn them around when you guys get naughty?

Nope,they get full view!, I even have a Peter Parker with his camera accessory! lol!
(Wow I'm glad she doesn't read these forums)