PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Cats

Robimus
02-17-2009, 02:17 AM
I think an updated Thundercats line similar to the new MOTU stuff might be kinda cool. Any thoughts?

I actually found a couple of the DVD's from Season One at Value Village and have been enjoying watching them with my daughter.:)

Bruticus82
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I'd be interested. Especially in the vehicles, that car was sweet!

Spectre01
02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
I was at my parents house the other day and decided to rummage through their basement to find some of my old figures. I still have the Cat's Lair and two miniature cat's lairs. I found Liono missing a leg, Mongor in good shape, the walrus looking guy (don't know the name) in good shape and the snow man in good shape as well. I'll have to go digging when I'm over there again for the Thundertank and some other figures that I know I had back in the day. I also think an updated Thundercats line would be a good idea.

Robimus
02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I've picked up a few of those figures at Value Village over the years. They actually were very nicely sculpted for their time.

Super_Megatron
02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
I'd love to see Thundercats come back, my childhood best friend had a lot of the toys and we loved the TV show. If done correctly I could see this being successful. Snarf snarf.

Cemetary Man
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Thundercats would be most welcomed by me.

JaySmith
02-24-2009, 08:59 PM
My mom sadly sold my ThunderCats years ago at a yard sale. :( I had everything from Lion-O, Snarf, Mumm-Ra, and even the ThunderTank. :(

Croaker
02-25-2009, 05:42 PM
There was some news that came out of Toyfair about the Thundercats licence.
I believe that it was in the Mattel press release where they said they tried to acquire the licence but that it was unavailable.
Which really sucks - a Thundercats new line similar to DCUC or MOTUC would be amazing.

Super_Megatron
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I wonder who owns the rights.

JaySmith
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder who owns the rights.

"It was announced on June 5, 2007, that Warner Brothers is making a CGI-animated feature film of ThunderCats, based on a script written by Paul Sopocy. In October 2007, Variety magazine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variety_magazine) revealed that Jerry O'Flaherty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_O%27Flaherty), veteran video game art director, had signed on to direct. The film is being produced by Spring Creek Productions. It is set for a summer 2010 release."

counteresperanto
02-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I'd rather see Sectaurs come back. Or even Starriors. Or Inhumanoids.