PDA

View Full Version : Online store suggestions

StarKurt
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I have trouble finding alot of the new figures in my area, without paying premium comic book store prices. I'm thinking of ordering some from an online store. Anybody in the Ottawa region buy online? If so what major online store has the best rates for shipping to the Ottawa area? Any store suggestions?

Galactic Hitchhiker
02-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Any store suggestions?

I like BigBadToyStore. The prices are decent and they sell sets as well as full cases.

If you don't mind loose items, check here:
http://stores.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Army-Store

Tunghori's Star Wars Army Store often has items for sale before they reach market and shipping is very reasonable if you buy more than one figure at a time.

If you're army building, buying figures in lots can also save you money. More than half of my Clone and Stormtrooper armies came from this guy.

Super_Megatron
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Please visit the sponsor links on the right hand side of this page, they are all Canadian so you won't get hit by customs fees like the American retailers.

pud333
02-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Please visit the sponsor links on the right hand side of this page, they are all Canadian so you won't get hit by customs fees like the American retailers.

This. You should be able to find most things there. However, for the things you can't find, I would use Big Bad Toy Store since their pile of loot system allows you to save on shipping. For Japanese imports, use HLJ or amiami. Frequently there are up to 20% discounts on preorders, which should balance out if you get hit by customs.

pandaprime
03-01-2011, 01:01 AM

I would also recommend the sponsor links for your "action figure shopping" needs :canada:

StarKurt
03-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks for all the helpfull info everybody! I'll definately check out the Canadian stores!!

w0nd
04-21-2011, 08:42 PM
I was about to make a post but found this topic, Sadly I am in bc and even the 9.99 toys end up being 30 after shipping. Oh well

pud333
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I was about to make a post but found this topic, Sadly I am in bc and even the 9.99 toys end up being 30 after shipping. Oh well

Some of the sites offer free shipping after a certain dollar amount. Clearly you are not ordering enough. :D

ARROW
04-21-2011, 09:02 PM
It depends on what you collect, but I use Hub City Toys for my GIJOE purchases. There are other Cdn. On-line retailers out there as well, and many charge fair prices.

Buying from the States will probably incur you more costs because of shipping and possible customs brokerage fees, and several Cdn. retailers offer flat-rate shipping.

Robimus
04-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Here's the catch when it comes to online shopping in Canada, and its not the extra border fees.

It's selection.

As a Star Wars collector pretty much anything I would be seeking to buy online is only available from American dealers.

I don't know if its hard to find online Canadian retailers for other figure lines(G.I.Joe, Marvel, so on.), but Star Wars has gotten very difficult over the years.

My go to American site for Star Wars is www.briantoys.com (http://www.briantoys.com) . I've been unable to find a Canadian site that carries much of anything since the Outerreaches scaled back it ordering years ago.

I've had awesome dealings with both Legends and A3U over the years, but Star Wars wise they just don't have the in demand items.