PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the new G.I. Joe Movie Cobra Commander?

Super_Megatron
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
The image if you haven't seen it. (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/gi-joe-movie-cobra-commander-first-look-7994/)
Anyone like it? :confused:

Team Jetfire
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I dunno, maybe it wasn't such a great idea to show the cute 'hero' version first. I really don't know where they are going with the design, but they could have through a cloth mask over and called it good.

Cyber-Kun
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
doesn't help that cobra commander has one of the worst castings I've ever seen...

pud333
02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
doesn't help that cobra commander has one of the worst castings I've ever seen...

I'm a big fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I think he's consistently chosen some really interesting indie roles. That being said, yeah, bad casting choice. Just not good at all.

Overall, I don't know what they were thinking. I'm all for new interpretations, but this is just perplexing. For example, with Megatron in the TF movie, it was so dramatically different, but acceptable to me cause I thought he looked mean and pretty cool. Cool this Cobra Commander aint. I'm curious now to see how it turns out in the movie. But not enough to pay to see it. :rolleyes:

Bruticus82
02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with this CC. If they wanted to remove the whole "hooded" look, that's fine, but a clear glass mask with tubes? It kind of takes away from the mystery that was Cobra Commander. You *never* saw his face...that's what made it mysterious, you had no idea how human or snakelike he was under there!

jourdo
02-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with this CC. If they wanted to remove the whole "hooded" look, that's fine, but a clear glass mask with tubes? It kind of takes away from the mystery that was Cobra Commander. You *never* saw his face...that's what made it mysterious, you had no idea how human or snakelike he was under there!

This.

You never got to see CC's face (unless you count the Cobra La stuff), and it worked... Very well. I'm just not buying this at the moment. We'll see as we get closer to the movie.

CobraCommander
02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
*Gently weeps in the corner* :(

GMfan101
02-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I've heard he'll actually look different in the film ;)

counteresperanto
02-27-2009, 11:07 PM
This is way better than that "Doctor" mask nonsense. This mask combines elements of the "Fred armor" helmet and the translucent red faceplate of a CC figure from the 90's.

I'll wait for a less stylized depiction before passing judgement. It does kind of look like he's wearing a grey Spider-Man shirt, though.

Batman
03-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not really sure why they went with this look. Not to mention I can't stand the actor in the role, I have very little hope for this movie.