PDA

View Full Version : will the new thundercats stuff be sold in stores?

bedtime
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
or is it gonna be an online only thing?

lars573
04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Why would a tie-in toyline for a new animated series not be sold in brick and mortar stores?

pandaprime
04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
i think it will be sold in stores....

pattycakeman
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Stores definately, but as with everything staying in stores depends on sales. But assuming kids like it then it will stay.. It's all about the kids!

bedtime
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM
i figured it might be... but i havent really looked into the toyline much, but seem to recall it being done by bandai, and for some reason had the thought that it might be an online dealer only thing... i'll definitely be picking some up if i see it on the shelves!

CardiacArrest
05-30-2011, 12:15 AM
i wouldnt count my lucky stars yet though, i am dying to get the classics line of figures, hopefully they will be popular enough to get easily.

FETT1
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
TRU computers are showing the 6 and 8 inch lines ...8 inch should be 2 of the classic figure's!

oh yeahhhh...

hope teletoon / ytv pick the show up

CardiacArrest
06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
sounds like great news!!

Nelson
07-13-2011, 01:15 PM
They have announced that the figures will be available at retail stores... in the US. Can we be sure that is also the case for Canada? I'm a little worried considering that the Power Rangers Samurai figures, also made by Bandai, are nowhere to be seen around here...

FlightWeaponAlpha
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
They have announced that the figures will be available at retail stores... in the US. Can we be sure that is also the case for Canada? I'm a little worried considering that the Power Rangers Samurai figures, also made by Bandai, are nowhere to be seen around here...

Just came back from a TRU and Wal-Mart here in ON, and saw the power rangers as new product at both places. Everything in it's proper time and place, I suppose...

:D

Wing Leader
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
There was a news post on the main page a little while back that the 8" classics had been spotted at a Toys R Us in Hamilton ON. I'm not sure about the 6" modern figures though. The problem with that is that the new cartoon they're based on hasn't aired in Canada yet. I can't see that the moderns would sell very well until then. That being said, the classics would have a small market too, since it would be more of an interest for adult collectors than kids. I believe that's why they're not being carried at every store in the chain.

FETT1
09-20-2011, 08:35 AM
..ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT IN EDMONTON...2 CLASSIC...3 NEW ANIME VERSION....HASBUTT PLEASE give up your SW LIC. TO bandai ....THESE GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!!!

Morg
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
The market thirst appears to be huge for T-cats of classic and modern persuasion - considering like the Wing Leader said, that the show isn't even telecast here yet. I've spoken to a couple of TRU employees and they've related their observations that it isn't just adult speculators coming in and buying armloads, but all kinds of people inquiring after them. For the most part, Kijiji and CL are pretty quiet on them too.

Morg
09-20-2011, 11:56 AM
..ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT IN EDMONTON...2 CLASSIC...3 NEW ANIME VERSION....HASBUTT PLEASE give up your SW LIC. TO bandai ....THESE GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!!!

Fett, have you noticed any of the vehicles/playsets available out there or the 4-inch modern scale figs that are actually compatible with them?

Croaker
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
A post in the thread for the initial main page post said that only the 6" and 8" classics are being shipped to TRU at the moment.
The 4" line will be debuting around December.
(You might find some at comic store who order from the US)

FETT1
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Fett, have you noticed any of the vehicles/playsets available out there or the 4-inch modern scale figs that are actually compatible with them?

NOTHING....YET!!...HERE'S HOPING...
AND please note THE ONES i BOUGHT ARE NOT CHEAP @ 19.99 AND 24.99.:D