PDA

View Full Version : Canada Custom

aznpnoy
04-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone had a package stuck at Canada Customs before? I bought some toys from the US and got it shipped w/ a value of $85. It's a big package and now it is stuck at Canada Customs for a week now. :argh::argh:

Is there anyway for us to contact them about it or do we just wait? If so, how long does it usually take to clear/ get inspected by customs? :confused:

Thanks!

ARROW
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone had a package stuck at Canada Customs before? I bought some toys from the US and got it shipped w/ a value of $85. It's a big package and now it is stuck at Canada Customs for a week now. :argh::argh:

Is there anyway for us to contact them about it or do we just wait? If so, how long does it usually take to clear/ get inspected by customs? :confused:

Thanks!
Just wait for a bit. The item is probably being held for a Customs broker handling--because of the declared value of the parcel--and they might have a backlog. Its also close to Easter so the mail could be lagging just before the holiday. Give it another week and see.

pattycakeman
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah I've had things being held in customs for a long time.. i think the longest was a month and a half. you can call them, their number is on the canada customs website. But dont expect them to do anything about it, at least thats my experience. Just be patient and it should eventually come.

aquanet
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I have a feeling my package is going to be held at customs, last time I ordered from BBTS, I waited 2 weeks

aznpnoy
04-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I can now breath easier as it was just released by custom. I was just worried because I have read horror stories of packages being held for about a month or so.

Thanks for the replies guys!

pud333
04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling my package is going to be held at customs, last time I ordered from BBTS, I waited 2 weeks

BBTS takes a long time sometimes. It's normal for me to wait on average 3 weeks to get a package. My last order was done on the 4th of April and I probably won't receive it until mid next week. I almost always get hit with customs fees now with packages from BBTS. It's like that BBTS tape around the box is a magnet for customs officials.