PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones (Season 2)

Robimus
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I started watching this show and absolutly love it. I'd say if your a LOTR fan this is definitly worth a look, just be warned of the nudity and swearing as with all things HBO.

What a bunch of winners the Lanisters are. lol.

pud333
05-06-2011, 12:02 AM
I saw the first episode but wasn't too impressed. I'll give it another go though. My friend who read the books says it's kind of slow in parts, so maybe that's why.

Robimus
05-06-2011, 02:18 AM
I saw the first episode but wasn't too impressed. I'll give it another go though. My friend who read the books says it's kind of slow in parts, so maybe that's why.

I had to go back and rewatch the first episode just to try and figure out the next two. It's a lot to take in character and plot wise all at once.

It's not heavy on action to this point, but it does feel like the characters are all being moved into place for something epic.

Right now I'd call it very character driven as the audience is getting to know no less than 15 prominate characters, which includes Ned's(Sean Bean's) children, both young and old.

Robimus
05-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I can't believe Ned's wife is so foolish.

None the less I think Tyrion Lannister will be the worst enemy his own Brother and Sister make. Love the actor portraying him.

Robimus
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Looks like we're moving rapidly towards a Braveheart esk war between the Starks and the Lannisters. Great stuff!

tekkamanraiden
06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
It's been an enjoyable series so far, it's too bad there are only two more episodes left in the season.

tekkamanraiden
06-13-2011, 10:06 PM
What an episode, kinda suspected the ending but still surprised.

Robimus
06-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Wow, yeah that was a huge plot twist. I didn't see it coming at all.

I guess that means unending war. Sounds good.:straightface:

Robimus
06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
That was way better than I had hoped. I was a little worried all the cool stuff happened last week......

Two things stood out to me. One was Arya being befriended by the former King's illigitimate son.

The second was those awesome baby dragons and Dany.

Guess I'm reading the books now because there is not way I can wait a year for another season to find out what happens :D

tekkamanraiden
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I was so hoping Sansa was going to push Joffrey to his death.

Loved the phoenix imagery with Daenerys and the dragons at the end.

Looking forward to next season.

pud333
07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Okay, so I gave it another go, and I like it. I just have some mixed feelings, considering this is a series based on the books, and I've already been spoiled somewhat with regards to how long it takes for things to happen in the books.

Maybe I'll read the books. Been like... over ten years since I read a fantasy book. Or maybe not. I'm pretty lazy these days.

I have to say my favorite character is the Imp. He's hilarious. It's kind of cool that there's no fear in killing off various main characters.

I felt overall though, the season finale was pretty weak, considering all the great stuff that happened in the latter half of the season.

Robimus
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
At least thus far they are following the books very closely.

Robimus
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Peter Dinklage won the Emmy for best supporting actor. Sweet.

vujonny
09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Peter Dinklage won the Emmy for best supporting actor. Sweet.

Yep! he thanked his dog sitter. haha

Robimus
02-12-2012, 01:15 AM
"Even a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

Even though I've read the books now I can't wait for this to get rolling again. Tyrion is going to be solid gold.:D

He won the Emmy and Golden Globe for best supporting actor in a TV series.

Robimus
03-21-2012, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak

Lots of trailers floating around for Season 2. It starts April 1st. So much cool stuff to come. I'm looking forward most to Arya's arc and the additions made to Rob Stark's story that don't appear in detail in the books.

Robimus
04-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I loved the premier, especially how the additions fromthe book worked. The scene with Robb & Grey Wind taunting Jamie was brilliant.

tekkamanraiden
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
It was really good, looking forward to the rest of the season!

pud333
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Great setup episode. I got my gf all caught up on season one just in time to see this. She's normally not into this sort of stuff, but she really dug the first season. The best was when she's all, "OMG, are they really going to kill Stark? OMG, did they just kill him?"

Robimus
04-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Not the best episode this week, but I'm being somewhat slapped by all the changes from the book. While Theon and his sister did have that dynamic from the books I felt like they got really carried away with the sex all the way around. I'm not sure what to make of the scene with Stannis.

Hopefully it will get back on track some as we move forward.

pud333
04-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Yeah, another setup episode. I guess it's to be expected for a few more before we see some sort of payoff.

I've never read the books, but the writers said they took more liberties this time around. Episode also felt short for some reason.

pud333
04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Good episode, but there's some odd going-ons happening now. What was with that mist baby at the end? I haven't read the books, so I don't know just how far into the Fantasy realm GoT goes, but part of the reason why I liked it so much was it seemed more realistic. If they start shooting fireballs from their finger tips, I'm out.

Morg
04-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Good episode, but there's some odd going-ons happening now. What was with that mist baby at the end? I haven't read the books, so I don't know just how far into the Fantasy realm GoT goes, but part of the reason why I liked it so much was it seemed more realistic. If they start shooting fireballs from their finger tips, I'm out.

Not sure I want to defend the show with so many dramatic departures from the books so far this season but rest assured Pud, part of the genius of GRRM is his extremely judicious and careful use of magic in GoT.

Dont worry, on the whole it doesnt get too much weirder than the shadow baby.

Robimus
04-25-2012, 01:17 AM
The shadow baby thing was right out of the books, and while it was creepy in the books I think HBO managed to top it :p

I wouldn't worry too much Pud. This(and the follow up next week) is about as extreme as the magic gets in the novels.

They are changing some things from the books but really the overall narrative is staying intact(other than Stannis';s sex scene with Melisandra).

A lot of the changes are very slight. For instance in the novels the new Captain of the City Guard is not Bronn - but instead of introducing a new character who would have no importance they just decided to slap Bronn with the title.

It's little changes like that that don't change the overall story but help from having a huge cast get even larger.

pud333
04-25-2012, 01:25 AM
This is all good to know. Including the fact that they're not introducing characters that don't need to be there. It's hard enough as it is keeping track of some of the characters.

tekkamanraiden
04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Poor Renly.

Robimus
05-01-2012, 12:28 AM
The Shadow got him.

Nice to see Jaqen getting rolling(The guy who killed the fellow for Aray). He's an awesome character.

pud333
05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Very interested to see where the Jaqen/Arya relationship goes. She named someone and he killed him. Pretty cool.

Robimus
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I really liked this weeks episode even though it does deviate away from the novels quite a bit.

I loved it when Tyrion slapped Joffrey and the Hound saved Sansa.

The Dragons geting kidnapped is a big twist. I simply don't recall that happening at all in the books :p But I think I see where they are going with it.

Robimus
05-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Loved Jamie's scenes in last nights episode. And Barriston Selmy gets mentioned........hmmmnnnn

And I have no clue where the coup in Quarth is leading.

pud333
05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Good episode. Overall it's been a good season so far, and I have a feeling things are really starting to come to a head soon. For a season that is supposed to be about war, GoT has been amazingly good at not showing us any. Like, at all. Still, there's been some nice mayhem last couple of episodes, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. As for Snow, I just want to smack that kid sometimes.

Robimus
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know if anyone had the chance to catch this on Sunday, if not do so! The Battle of Blackwater Bay was really well done and the entire episode was dedicated exclusively to it. As in the narrative never leaves Kings Landing.

I'm almost not even looking forward to next weeks episode.:p They should have saved this for the finale.

tekkamanraiden
05-30-2012, 05:27 PM
It was very enjoyable, I look forward to the season finale.

Speaking of which, in case anyone didn't know the season finale is going to be an extra 10 minutes (65min instead of 55min).

Robimus
05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I didn't know it was extended. Very cool.

Robimus
06-04-2012, 10:45 AM
I enjoyed the finale. Thought the Kingslanding stuff could have waited until next Season but otherwise pretty solid.

Now the wait........

tekkamanraiden
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Enjoyed the last episode, even with an extra 10 minutes I still wanted more. Hopefully since they filmed season 2 and 3 together we'll get the next season a little sooner.

pud333
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I didnt' realize it was the last episode until about 3/4 way through it, so it sort of caught me by surprise. Anyhow, it was good. Overall the season had some bleh moments, but it was a decent second season. It was nice to finally see some actual war for once. The whole battle was pretty cool.

It was also neat to see the dragons burn that dude. I thought the fire special effects were well done. Looking forward to the next season. IMDB shows it listed as 2013 but I really hope we don't have to wait that long.

What actually tipped me off it was the finale was how long the episode felt. When I looked online during the episode, I realize it was longer and it was the finale.