PDA

View Full Version : Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid Gray Fox Cyborg Ninja

Super_Megatron
05-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid Gray Fox Cyborg Ninja (http://www.toyark.com/news/video-game-toy-news-8/play-arts-kai-metal-gear-solid-gray-fox-cyborg-ninja-4100/)

Category: Video Game Toy News

Posted From: TOYARK.COM (http://www.toyark.com) - Toys and Action Figures (http://www.toyark.com)

Cpl. Chrissandwich
05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I love the Play Art Line! Now, please please please oh please, do Samus Aran!

Hantei
05-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Holy crap!!! All that's missing is an alternate head with an open face-shield, and MGS1 Solid Snake to go with him! And well, you can't can't have Snake without Liquid. Oh man, I cannot wait till they announce those two, hopefully we'll see MGS2 Snake and Raiden as well as MGS4 PAK.

Geez, Kotobukiya is really on top of it with their PAK line!

Cpl. Chrissandwich
05-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Hell yeah, PAK is starting to be my favourite toyline! Better and much cheaper than Hot Toys IMO. I mena, your paying 50 bucks mostly for somethings thats about 5 cms shorter than a Hot toys figure but has just as much detail and extra bits that Hot Toys has.

Hantei
05-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Haha, that's true. Though I have yet to pick up a Hot Toys figure (been tempted many times!) so I can't really compare quality.

However, I did find the quality control on Play Arts & PAK to be kinda awful at times. Just recently with the Halo Reach stuff my brother picked up. Both his Carter and Jorge had stuck shoulder ball-socket joints (both on the right arm I believe). Something that we couldn't remedy with the ol' freezer or hot water/hair dryer trick (paint just kinda glued the joint in place). When we went back to the comic shop, we checked everyone and found all the Carters to have the problem and only one Jorge without it. Luckily the owner was really nice about refunding his money for the Carter, unfortunately now he's short one guy for a complete team.

I personally also had some troubles with the Final Fantasy XIII stuff as well. So they're far from perfect, but they're definitely doing something right with all the licenses they're getting (Street Fighter!!). Hopefully their future releases are trouble free.

Cpl. Chrissandwich
05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Haha, that's true. Though I have yet to pick up a Hot Toys figure (been tempted many times!) so I can't really compare quality.

However, I did find the quality control on Play Arts & PAK to be kinda awful at times. Just recently with the Halo Reach stuff my brother picked up. Both his Carter and Jorge had stuck shoulder ball-socket joints (both on the right arm I believe). Something that we couldn't remedy with the ol' freezer or hot water/hair dryer trick (paint just kinda glued the joint in place). When we went back to the comic shop, we checked everyone and found all the Carters to have the problem and only one Jorge without it. Luckily the owner was really nice about refunding his money for the Carter, unfortunately now he's short one guy for a complete team.

I personally also had some troubles with the Final Fantasy XIII stuff as well. So they're far from perfect, but they're definitely doing something right with all the licenses they're getting (Street Fighter!!). Hopefully their future releases are trouble free.

My Jorge had the same problem...but I was able to fix, all I did was turn the joint back and forth slowly and now its fine.