PDA

View Full Version : Best toy line you haven't bought yet

Super_Megatron
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
There are a lot of upcoming toy lines that haven't yet been released. Or maybe there is an exisiting toy line that you have seen, liked. but haven't picked up yet.
For me it's Marvel Universe, I like the look of the toys, just haven't got any yet.

Bruticus82
02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I'd say Star Wars. Last figures I bought were Episode I. Man, I'm so far behind...

Robimus
02-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Resident Evil in its various toy incarnations is something I've always wanted to get into but thus far have skipped.

I want to get an X-Box 360 just to play RE5:p

pud333
02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
Definitely the 1/60 yamato's Valkyrie line. Could never justify the price.

JTCh
02-27-2009, 04:06 AM
The S.H.Figuarts Kamen Riders line. Going to check with my LHS if they could order them.

Icetron
02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
The S.H.Figuarts Kamen Riders line. Going to check with my LHS if they could order them.

Same as you man, I'm on the fence about those since I'm not much of a Kamen Rider fan. Probably won't end up picking any up but they are pretty cool toys.

SPLIT LIP
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Halo Wars Heroic collection figs. (and the MEGABLOKS ones and the supposed 6-inch line to follow)

ROTF toys.

JTCh
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Same as you man, I'm on the fence about those since I'm not much of a Kamen Rider fan. Probably won't end up picking any up but they are pretty cool toys.

I only became interested in them recently because I started to follow Kamen Rider Decade. The toys are really detailed and their poseability looks really good. But they are also pretty expensive. I saw them for $80 each at a store here.:eek:

counteresperanto
02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I want to get an X-Box 360 just to play RE5:p

That's what I bought mine for, too. I'm not a RE fan on the same level as you appear to be, but I loved RE4, way back on the gamecube. So when I heard RE5 for 360, my mind was made up and set in stone. I've had it just over a year now and have found many reasons to be glad I did!

To contribute to the topic, DCUC. I love the DCU, so picking up a bunch of these guys is a no-brainer. Too bad they don't sell them here.

Cyber-Kun
02-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Megaman Model kits by Bandai, been wanting to get them for some time, but I never seem to have money when I think about getting them

Robimus
02-28-2009, 01:16 AM
That's what I bought mine for, too. I'm not a RE fan on the same level as you appear to be, but I loved RE4, way back on the gamecube. So when I heard RE5 for 360, my mind was made up and set in stone. I've had it just over a year now and have found many reasons to be glad I did!

Yeah, I go back to the awesomeness of RE1 on the original Playstation. They don't seem that special now but back in the day they were cutting edge stuff and terribly fun.:)

Batman
02-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I am going to say the NECA Ninja Turtles.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
probably gears of war.

Team Jetfire
03-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Over the years that has been a few toy lines that I wanted to pick up, but never did for what ever reason.

1. The MOTU figures from 2003. I was sold on these guys from the pictures, but was put off by the poor distribution and number of rare figures.

2. Marvel Legends figures. Same reasons as above.

3. More recently the Spectacular Spidy figures. I am still not sure on these guys. I may still hold out for a little while.

Icetron
03-30-2009, 03:47 AM
NECA TMNT - Don't have the funds to pick up one of these guys, so super low priority for now. I might only get one of my favs even when I do.
Robot Tamashii - Too expensive, will probably never get into them. They do look nice though.

CTO15
03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I too wanted to pick up the NECA TMNT. haven't come around to it yet.

pud333
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Just thought of another: Justice League Unlimited 4" figures. They always looked kind of like Mcdonald's toys to me, but recently I've come around to them. These are soon to be the best toy line I have bought, since I just plucked a couple for dirt cheap off ebay. Should arrive in a few days. heh. :D

FlightWeaponAlpha
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I hate to say it cause I could get burned, but I am REALLY looking forward to the Playmates 3.75" Star Trek figures and playsets. To have figures in this size for this franchise, and be able to setup diorama's and scenes using Joes, the new Marvel Universe figs and Evil Dead figures just amuses and excites me to no end. I really hope that Playmates doesn't drop the ball with these and that they are worth the prices I'll likely have to pay for them!
Oh, and a new army of Terminators from Playmates too this summer, to be the original series Borg vs. the Enterprise crew? LOL :D

pud333
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I hate to say it cause I could get burned, but I am REALLY looking forward to the Playmates 3.75" Star Trek figures and playsets. To have figures in this size for this franchise, and be able to setup diorama's and scenes using Joes, the new Marvel Universe figs and Evil Dead figures just amuses and excites me to no end. I really hope that Playmates doesn't drop the ball with these and that they are worth the prices I'll likely have to pay for them!
Oh, and a new army of Terminators from Playmates too this summer, to be the original series Borg vs. the Enterprise crew? LOL :D

Yeah, the growth in popularity of the 3.75" scale lately is pretty awesome when you consider all the possibilities of crossover playsets. Personally, I can't wait until I can have an Avengers vs Justice League brawl. :p

I've been looking at the Star Trek stuff and personally I think I'll pass, but the Terminator stuff looks a little better IMO.

Protoman
12-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Megaman Model kits by Bandai, been wanting to get them for some time, but I never seem to have money when I think about getting them

Currently some of those kits command easily 100 bucks. I know that the plated series of Megaman 8 characters is just plain rare.

racerguy76
12-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Has anyone picked up a Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 yet. I'm tempted. The larger vehicles have pop out weapons, a bike that turn into flying thing. Very M.A.S.K. like if you ask me. the figures are even about the same size too. waiting for a good sale to check them out.
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

astrana
12-06-2009, 12:55 AM
i want legos... but never bought any cuz they are so expensive

Prowl_2009
12-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, if it has to be a line I've yet to collect, but have plans to, it'd have to be the Master Replica's Super Mario Bros. line, don't know why, but as a kid who lived, ate, breathed and sleeped Mario back in the day and loved his NES and SNES, the nestalgia factor is off the charts for me. :D

Icetron
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Still:

SH Figuarts - None of the wants I'm interested in are in-stock usually
Robot Damashii - Same, but sometimes the ones I'm interested in are just too expensive.

Prowl_2009
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, not much else on the market, other than what I already collect and the Mario line I want to collect, is catching my interests. And to be honest, this is a rather dry spell for the lines I collect, in my opinion anyway, until the New Year. :rolleyes:

Super_Megatron
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Now that 2010 is here I have a large Marvel Universe collection and just made my first MOTUC order.

Prowl_2009
01-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Well, 2010 is here and with it, new lines of DCUC, Star Wars and Transformers pieces to empty my wallet. :D I look into those Master Replica Nintendo figures and my interest factor has dropped significantly for me with these toys. :rolleyes: Guess they just weren't what I thought they were going to be. :p

Icetron
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Well I finally got a DCUC male body 'sample' by buying Batman, so official tried out the line.

I have yet to try:
SH Figuarts
Robot Damashii
Figutto (not released yet)

I hope I can get the figs I'm waiting for from those lines when they're out. :)