PDA

View Full Version : Duty taxes when importing figures from the US

Nelson
07-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I wanted to know how does duty tax work when importing action figures. So far I have only bought one figure (MOTUC Catra) and fortunately I didn't have to pay any taxes, but now I'm trying to determine if I should order the upcoming Thundercats figures from BBTS. I think the order with shipping include would exceed 100 US $... would I have to pay taxes? How much would that be?

Another question: Would the figures arrive at home or would I have to go to a Post Office to pick them up (the box would probably be large)

Thanks.

CTO15
07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
When I ordered from BBTS, my order was around $170. I think my duties came out to around $20.

It really depends on how much you spend, I think it almost mirrors what the taxes are in your province (I could be mistaken)

It terms of where the package arrives to, it would depend how big it is. Usually if its big (like a whole wave of Thundercats Figures) they will leave you a slip, with info on where to pick up your stuff

Nelson
07-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the response, CTO15!

If duty taxes were to be the same as what's usual here in BC, then it wouldn't be worth it to buy from BBTS... I'll better wait a little longer and see if Walmart/Toys R Us will carry them and at what price.

Thanks again.