PDA

View Full Version : New Wave of Marvel Mighty Muggs!

PointofArticulation
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Got to see the new Muggs in person yesterday. I think they just came out that day!

The Wolverine will sell like crazy obviously with the new movie coming out. I'm sure Sabretooth will do just as well (my personal favorite). I was surprised at how good Cyclops looks in person actually, better than I thought. Of course Phoenix is going to be the shelf warmer. They just doesn't do very good women Muggs and Phoenix isn't any exception. She's chubby and manishly ugly. Of course, she's the only one in the set with the special feature of turning her head around to reveal a new face, that of the Dark Phoenix!

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/marvel-mighty-muggs-figs.jpg

CTO15
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
haven't seen these at retail yet, but at a LCS they had them priced at 29.99!! Of course I looked at them and said "Not for that ugly mugg" I was holding Jean at the time.

Can't wait for there to be released at retail. where did you find them POA? TRU seems like the only place I can find them.

PointofArticulation
03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Local Comic Shop... I know they're more expensive (they of course have to be) but if I want something and it's there, I don't sweat the extra money. I know too many people who wouldn't pay the cash when it's in their hand and then miss it later, because big box stores sell out so fast. Plus I don't really want to support mass retailers. They don't care about collectors, comic shops do and they try to provide more selection and....

okay this is turning into a rant, I think I'll get off my soap box now. Or maybe I'll start a thread just for this.:rolleyes: