PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

Scrapper6
09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
How difficult will it be to collect this toyline 3 years after the fact? Price wise, finding the figures you want wise and stuff like that?

I always wanted to get Hasbro's Indy figures to stand next to my SW ones, and other 3 3/4'' figures, but due to funding issues at the time and mostly concentrating on Transformers during that year I just don't know how practical it would be to start hunting for these things now that we're 3 years almost 4 after the fact.

I mean sure I could get that SDCC set had I like hundreds of dollars to deal with all the Secondary Market prices. (Unless Winners picks it up due to a lack of demand ALA the Star Wars stuff from past SDCC showing up now.) But what about the items from 2008 that are must haves.

Should I give up before I start, or will I be fortunate enough to still find some figures in certain areas outside of E (Stands for Excessive Prices R-Us) - Bay?

Haggis
09-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I've been wanting to get a few of these myself, I heard awhile ago that BJtoys had some, but i didn't look yet. What are they going for on the ebay?

Scrapper6
09-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I've been wanting to get a few of these myself, I heard awhile ago that BJtoys had some, but i didn't look yet. What are they going for on the ebay?

Haven't actually checked, I avoid shopping on E-Bay for one very important fact, I haven't used my account in at least six years and I don't know if they deactivated it due to disuse or not.

On top of that I don't want to have to deal with the uncertainty of shopping from unknown elements, E-Bay is a place that is not exactly unheard of for shopping tales of woe and such from unscrupulous individuals.

You say BJ had some at some point, hmmmm, maybe I should check that out and see if it is still the case.

I was thinking London Drugs might have one or two still hanging around somewhere, possibly Sears, or even, dare I say it, Winners, but if BJ doesn't sell out too fast they could concievably still have one or two characters to pick up at a good discount.

I'll see what my dad says today after the Dentist trip, it couldn't hurt to look and prepare for the future.

Haggis
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah sounds good let me know what you find. I'm mostly looking for Germany or russian soilders

Toy Gremlin
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Also check out Zellers Clearance sections. It may be a mess in there but sometimes you can find some good stuff there.

Nelson
09-08-2011, 01:51 PM
There are some on the clearance section at Zellers, as Toy Gremlin said, here in Vancouver. It wouldn't hurt to check a store close to you.

Hantei
09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
It might be worth checking out your local comic/hobby shops. The ones around here started clearancing theirs for about $1-2, maybe 8 or so months ago. Granted the selection was limited to the KotCS and RotLA stuff, but I managed to snag quite a few Nazis.

CTO15
09-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Try raven comics, they might have some loose German/Russian soldiers.

I know I'm still looking for some vehicles (for MU display) but the prices are ridiculous on eBay

Haggis
09-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Try raven comics, they might have some loose German/Russian soldiers.

I know I'm still looking for some vehicles (for MU display) but the prices are ridiculous on eBay

I mostly want them to flank my Mu Red skull (when i get him)

Scrapper6
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I mostly want them to flank my Mu Red skull (when i get him)

I had thought of this as well, mix in a few Hydra soldiers with Indy's Germans. As a rule though I only ever buy two of each Troop Builder nowadays, used to go for ten of them at a time, as I had ten each of a number of the DTC and VVV Cobra Troopers, however, despite looking impressive I found myself questioning this policy as time wore on due to the fact that they did take up space. (Also, even with ten of them they could never brandish all of their accessories just right.)

So, I've opted to limit myself to two each, still quite a bit actually when you get two each of packaging variants like Clones and Super Battle Droids, but in the end run I think I'll be much happier with this turnaround.

My Arctic Threat Storm Shadow flanked by twin Ice-Vipers in my RoC collection concurs with this assessment.

Never got the chance to hit up BJ's yet, perhaps later this afternoon if my luck turns with me for a change rather than skewering off into some tangeant alternate dimension.

I find it rather ironic actually that while visiting TRU this morning I discovered a small gaggle of Yarna 'Dal'Gargan from 2008's Legacy Collection still hanging around for full price, yet the Indy merchandise also released in that year was either clearanced out or just plain vanished back to the manufacturer after the fact.

Oh well, perhaps BJ's will turn in my favor, amongst other things.

racerguy76
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
I haven't see IJ at retail for at least a year. The stuff in the clearance isle at TRU was cleaned out before last xmas.

I have a german soldier w/motorcycle if your interested. It's been in storage since I bought it. Still MOC.