PDA

View Full Version : What Rare/Unique Items Do You Have In Your Collection?

Robimus
03-06-2009, 02:36 AM

As the title says, what rare or unique items do you have in your own collections? I don't have a lot of stuff I'd consider rare myself but this first little guy I think qualifies.

This is a Canadian Sears Exclusive from 1978(Stamped Takara 1976) of R2D2. My little guy isn't in tip top shape but his gears still work perfectly and he still has his blue chest decal, though its coming off a little.

I've seen a ton of similarly conditioned Wind-Up R2D2's going for hundreds of dollars on ebay and the like, and shake my head everytime I do. I just lucked into having held onto him since my childhood.

He's a great little figure that predates Kenner by two years and was likely one of the first Star Wars toys available at mass retail in Canada after the run away sucess of Star Wars.:D

This is another item I really like. I actually have two of these(the other is in much better shape than this one). It's not worth much but is a Tribute Theatre Magazine from 1982 has "Revenge of the Jedi" shown on the cover(this one is faded pretty bad) and "Revenge of the Jedi" articles within its pages.

It's very similar to the Tribute Magazines of today but was an all Star Wars issue which included all kinds of cool stuff including the Ralph McQuarrie concept art recently used to make the Concept Figure line, and cool articles that never happened the like of:

Following Revenge of the Jedi, the next picture to be filmed in the nine part Adventures of Luke Skywalker, will be Episode #3, a prequel to the original Star Wars. Episodes #2 and #1 will follow and back track sequentially to the beginning of the story.. After this history of the rebellion against the empire, the final sequels #7 through #9 will be filmed and released in chronological order.

Just imagine how different the Star Wars landscape may have been if George Lucas went through with these plans:D

And I love the Lucas quote about Luke: "Luke is a pawn in an adventure that has been going on for longer than his life span"

Our hero a mere pawn? Really :p

Team Jetfire
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Wow, that is some crazy stuff about Starwars. I wonder if Trubute was mis-informed about the orcer of the prequel's or if that was the origioal intention.

As for a potentail EP7-9 I would love to see it, but not sure how it would conect to everything else.

As for me I have a few older things, items, but my fav is a old Transformers Annual that we picked up while in England one year. It is Hard Cover with Galvatron on the Cover. Many of the pages have come out of the binding, but my son and I still love looking through it.

CTO15
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
rarest thing I got is the ML Stealth Iron Man from series 1. lucky enough to get it off a guy for $15 bucks 2 months ago.