PDA

View Full Version : G.I.Joe Skyfighter $20 at Walmart Canada

Robimus
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
News comes in this morning from jacobot that the G.I.Joe Skyfighter is showing up on Walmart shelves for $20!

To see what is being found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

Bountyhunter-Jack
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Great deal !!! Zellers has them @ 45$!!!

pandaprime
01-04-2012, 03:25 PM
crud I bought too many at 22.50 from Zellers :(

Rogue_Optimus
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
same here, got mine with the coupon from zellers

Darth Cylon
01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I have not seen Joe at WM around Vancouver for a long time.....

CTO15
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
damn, that's a wicked price.

crud I bought too many at 22.50 from Zellers :(

Buy at Walmart and return at zellers

Robimus
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
damn, that's a wicked price.

Buy at Walmart and return at zellers

If its worth the time and gas.

Toy Gremlin
01-04-2012, 06:05 PM
$20 is an awesome price for a Skystriker! :D I guess the 30th Anniversary stuff is slowly making its way to other retailers. :clapping:

CTO15
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
If its worth the time and gas.

yeah exactly.

I do hope the single figures do come out, I really want that Storm Shadow

Toy Gremlin
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
yeah exactly.

I do hope the single figures do come out, I really want that Storm Shadow

x2 :D That Renegades Storm Shadow is awesome! Can't wait to find one! He is going to be one tough figure to track down though. He only comes 1 per case.

cobralegion
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow, thats a great price!! And this is why I hate the toy industry now..or maybe retail in general. You never know what or if any item will show up at any other store, so you have to take the chance and buy now. 25 years ago you knew that 95% of the line would hit any of 10 stores and you knew you could wait for it to hit places like Woolco and get a good price.
oh well happy I got the ones I have..although for $20 I might be tempted ...

TTT
01-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Still glad I got 2 @ Zellers w/coupon, gladly pay the extra $5 for an in stock item then to try my WM several times(or more) with nothing to show.

Morgardee
01-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I suspect they are clearing out the warehouse space for the G.I. Joe movie 2 toys. I expect all 30th anniversary vehicles to be on clearance prices at Walmart and Winners over the next few weeks. Skystrikers, Black Dragons, Vamps 2 and Crimson Hiss tanks, etc...

freakx2001
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
LOL.. amazing price. But like a lot of other people, just picked one up using the 50% off coupon at Zellers.

CTO15
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I suspect they are clearing out the warehouse space for the G.I. Joe movie 2 toys. I expect all 30th anniversary vehicles to be on clearance prices at Walmart and Winners over the next few weeks. Skystrikers, Black Dragons, Vamps 2 and Crimson Hiss tanks, etc...

I wouldn't mind getting a dragon and hiss tank at a discount price.

VIT
01-05-2012, 03:55 PM

I'd rather see all the 30th figs show up on clearance

VIT
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Still glad I got 2 @ Zellers w/coupon, gladly pay the extra $5 for an in stock item then to try my WM several times(or more) with nothing to show.

Have you checked either yet? let me know if ya see em and I'll do the same

Morgardee
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I haven't found any cheap skyfighters yet but I did find some sort of Costco exclusive Bumblebee figure for $20.00. The thing is huge, comes with 2 smaller Transformers and has a moving right hand and talks, etc... I grabbed it for my 5 year old son.

trodge
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I haven't found any cheap skyfighters yet but I did find some sort of Costco exclusive Bumblebee figure for $20.00. The thing is huge, comes with 2 smaller Transformers and has a moving right hand and talks, etc... I grabbed it for my 5 year old son.

Square 1 Walmart had about 10 there Tuesday morning.

Airport Road Walmart in Brampton had about 5 or 6 last night. The lines were crazy there last night and couldn't be bothered to wait like 20 minutes for 1 item.

TFtoys
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
does Canada Walmart just Hackjack other retailers' exclusive toys stocks recently ?

Toy Gremlin
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
does Canada Walmart just Hackjack other retailers' exclusive toys stocks recently ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Skystriker was a Zellers/Target exclusive. It was just that Zellers & Target got the items first before the other retailers.

CTO15
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Skystriker was a Zellers/Target exclusive. It was just that Zellers & Target got the items first before the other retailers.

true, TRU in the states carried the skystriker

Morgardee
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM
The Skystriker was not intended to be a Target / Zellers only item. Zellers was the only store in Canada that agreed to carry the full line of G.I. Joe toys. Walmart only wanted the figures and I forget what TRU was but it was a very light load. Hasbro Canada said this at the last Canadian Joe Convention.

I am surprised to see that Walmart has these, which is why I think Hasbro Canada is going to blow out their 30th anniversary inventory. Remember why the movie Night raven and wave 3 Alpha vehicles were on supper clearance prices a couple of years back? That is why I suspect we will see the same thing here. I really think there is a warehouse full of Crimson Hiss tanks sitting somewhere in Canada that needs to move asap. Watch the usually places, Walmart, Winners and Giant Tiger. One of those places is going to have those things show up in the next few months for $10 - $14.99. The tank is OK but the driver is GREAT.

Hantei
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh boy, I hope these show up here too. I could use a few more to build a squadron.

TTT
01-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Have you checked either yet? let me know if ya see em and I'll do the same

Haven't checked but don't need anymore :cool: I'm good.

Toy Gremlin
01-08-2012, 04:21 AM
The Skystriker was not intended to be a Target / Zellers only item. Zellers was the only store in Canada that agreed to carry the full line of G.I. Joe toys. Walmart only wanted the figures and I forget what TRU was but it was a very light load. Hasbro Canada said this at the last Canadian Joe Convention.

I am surprised to see that Walmart has these, which is why I think Hasbro Canada is going to blow out their 30th anniversary inventory. Remember why the movie Night raven and wave 3 Alpha vehicles were on supper clearance prices a couple of years back? That is why I suspect we will see the same thing here. I really think there is a warehouse full of Crimson Hiss tanks sitting somewhere in Canada that needs to move asap. Watch the usually places, Walmart, Winners and Giant Tiger. One of those places is going to have those things show up in the next few months for $10 - $14.99. The tank is OK but the driver is GREAT.

You are probably right. The Joes maybe sitting somewhere waiting to be put on the shelves, but with the movie coming out they may be trying to figure out what to do with them. I wouldn't mind if they sold us the Joes for cheap though.

Yeah, that Crimson Horseman figure is awesome! I wouldn't mind getting multiples of that figure. :D

cobralegion
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
You are probably right. The Joes maybe sitting somewhere waiting to be put on the shelves, but with the movie coming out they may be trying to figure out what to do with them. I wouldn't mind if they sold us the Joes for cheap though.

Yeah, that Crimson Horseman figure is awesome! I wouldn't mind getting multiples of that figure. :D

I don't get why they didn't get these out before Christmas? Even at $45 we couldn't keep these on the shelf at Zellers. I'm sure they could have even blown them out at $30, now they will make nothing on them and then decide GI Joe doesn't sell and not get much in. Well hopefully they get in the Crimson HISS!! for like $10! Army building time.

VIT
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Haven't checked but don't need anymore :cool: I'm good.

I wouldn't mind having a second, maybe a third. I went to the T&C lactation yesterday, they had almost 3 cases worth of blowtorch and CC. Makes me worry that the 30th figs hasbro says we're getting won't be coming at all.

Morgardee
01-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I wouldn't mind having a second, maybe a third. I went to the T&C lactation yesterday, they had almost 3 cases worth of blowtorch and CC. Makes me worry that the 30th figs hasbro says we're getting won't be coming at all.

You and me both. That's why I started to pre-order cases from HJL collectibles. I know the guy that runs that place and his mark up is minimal. That way I know I'll be getting everything. I just wish I did that with the Storm Shadow wave. Grrrr. Who would have guessed that figure was going to be a hot item?

TFtoys
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't get why they didn't get these out before Christmas? Even at $45 we couldn't keep these on the shelf at Zellers. I'm sure they could have even blown them out at $30, now they will make nothing on them and then decide GI Joe doesn't sell and not get much in. Well hopefully they get in the Crimson HISS!! for like $10! Army building time.
I guest the transformers seem the be the first choice to go on the shelf first. so they put back regular price one week before Christmas for the deluxe and then put the metalic bb from costco on sale. Skyfighter just have to wait until those have shelf space.

so what's the reason of the costco metalic bb then ? skyfighter was not exclusive in US but seem to be exlusive at Canada, zellers though. When will Walmart get MP or Unicron for clearance?

Toy Gremlin
01-09-2012, 04:59 AM

I agree. What were they thinking? :doh: It may take a long time for them to sell off all of these. Actually that's what one of the Zellers sales associate said to me about GI Joe. He said it didn't sell well so they are getting very little in or none at all. He pointed to those Zellers exclusive ROC Rescue Mission sets as an example. :doh::(

Yeah, I hope Walmart or Winners gets in the Crimson Hiss and sells it for $10. I would totally buy it.

Ozrein
01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Has anyone seen these around Vancouver? I checked Abbotsford and Langley but didnt find any. Are they in a flyer? Might be able to get a price match at Zellers(?)

pandaprime
01-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Has anyone seen these around Vancouver? I checked Abbotsford and Langley but didnt find any. Are they in a flyer? Might be able to get a price match at Zellers(?)

I checked Lougheed Mall and Capilano Mall today and didn't find any. I checked the Grandview store yesterday too. Nada.

Toy Gremlin
01-10-2012, 01:28 AM

Not that I know of. I've been checking each week. So far no $20 Skystrikers have turned up at Walmart yet. Unfortunately, no. It isn't in the flyer. :(

I checked Lougheed Mall and Capilano Mall today and didn't find any. I checked the Grandview store yesterday too. Nada. Thanks for checking! :D