ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   G.I. Joe Toy News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   G.I.Joe Retaliation Wave 1 Product List (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9550)

Super_Megatron 01-04-2012 04:20 PM

G.I.Joe Retaliation Wave 1 Product List

Hantei 01-07-2012 08:59 PM

Re: G.I.Joe Retaliation Wave 1 Product List

So I'm guessing they won't be revealed till Toy Fair. I hope the style will be like POC.

Toy Gremlin 01-08-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hantei (Post 38391)
So I'm guessing they won't be revealed till Toy Fair. I hope the style will be like POC.

Yeah, that's most likely the case. It would be awesome if they did them in the POC style.

This is just an idea. It would probably never happen, but it would be great if they included a swappable POC version head that doesn't resemble the likeness of the actors. It would satisfy those who want their Joes to look like their on screen counterparts and those who want an updated POC look to their figures. 2 figures in one kind of thing. :D I would much rather have this then any of those over-sized spring loaded accessories.

I wonder if Hasbro still takes suggestions.

lars573 01-08-2012 02:23 PM

Hasbro said in a Q'n'A that they won't be licensing actors likeness's. So that won't matter much.

racerguy76 01-08-2012 06:54 PM

I thought I read they had some trouble with actresses from the first film not liking thier action figure. That's why Scarlett isin't in the film. Not fact, just a rumor I read.

I hope canadian retailers stock them.

Morgardee 01-08-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lars573 (Post 38422)
Hasbro said in a Q'n'A that they won't be licensing actors likeness's. So that won't matter much.

I did not know that. Which Q and A site has that? Got a link?

I was looking forward to getting a Dwayne Johnson action figure to be honest. Geez, that sort of sounds lame now that I type it. :doh:

Move along, nothing to see here. :o

Toy Gremlin 01-09-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lars573 (Post 38422)

:( They should have at least gotten the license for the Rock. They could possibly sell a lot of those Roadblock figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgardee (Post 38437)

I was looking forward to getting a Dwayne Johnson action figure to be honest. Geez, that sort of sounds lame now that I type it. :doh:

No, that isn't lame. I want one too! :highfive: I refer to him by his wrestling name instead. :D Lol!

I was also hoping for a GI Joe Rock figure as well so he can lay the smackdown on all my Alley Vipers, Rock bottom Firefly, People's elbow Zartan, and put "boots to assess" on the rest of Cobra. LOL! :p

Kinda sucks that Hasbro isn't licensing actors likeness's though. If Sgt. Slaughter makes a cameo, I was hoping Hasbro would make a figure of him too. Having the Rock and Sgt. Slaughter both in POC style now that would be awesome!

lars573 01-09-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgardee (Post 38437)

I honestly didn't care enough to bother running it down.

pattycakeman 01-09-2012 01:33 PM

Haha I was also looking forward to having a figure of the Rock as roadblock.. and gotta admit i was looking forward to having a Bruce Willis Action figure.

I have to wonder if there is an issue with Dwayne Johnson's action figure likeness being owned by the WWE and Mattel having the rights to it. Its possible that it would have cost too much for Hasbro to get the rights. Just a thought.

snowman_ejc 01-09-2012 05:34 PM

I want a Rock and Bruce Willis G.I. Joe figure... nuff said.