ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   GI Joe Retro Wave 4 Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38655)

Robimus 09-01-2021 10:39 PM

GI Joe Retro Wave 4 Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Wave 4 of the GI Joe Retro Collection line has been released in Canada.

The wave was sighted at a Manitoba Walmart and contains Stalker and Cobra Trooper.

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum

athanato 09-02-2021 10:44 PM

Re: GI Joe Retro Wave 4 Released in Canada

more figures that only scalpers will get

sixshot1981 09-02-2021 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanato (Post 134139)
more figures that only scalpers will get

Considering its one box per store with these things it seem...leaves very little room for anybody and scalpers are the easy excuse.

Eko123 09-03-2021 12:44 AM

What makes it worse is that Walmart.ca doesn't even make the figures available to buy on its website.

flips 09-03-2021 08:55 PM

Just to say... many quality control issues have been reported with the retro figures anyway - most commonly, the elbows and knees are known to break easily. Plus, Stalker is the only decent looking one so far. It's a hard pass each time I see them.

athanato 09-04-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eko123 (Post 134146)
What makes it worse is that Walmart.ca doesn't even make the figures available to buy on its website.

They do for a short while but they never fulfill the order, I had to call to cancel mine after a year. I asked them why they were in stores yet they were not fulfilling online orders and got no comment. Their online order system is poorly run.

athanato 09-04-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips (Post 134191)
Just to say... many quality control issues have been reported with the retro figures anyway - most commonly, the elbows and knees are known to break easily. Plus, Stalker is the only decent looking one so far. It's a hard pass each time I see them.

Same issue with the headmasters, but Hasbro targets these at adult collectors thus the ridiculous price markups - they figure build cheaply for higher margins and they won't experience any failures since they will either leave them sealed or pose them once for the shelf. I have dollar store knock offs I scored 15yrs ago that are a better build quality, if only I could find more of them.

athanato 09-04-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixshot1981 (Post 134144)
Considering its one box per store with these things it seem...leaves very little room for anybody and scalpers are the easy excuse.

That is part of the reason but just look at ebay, always multiple listings and that was the only way I got all but two of the collection up to the 3rd wave, and will likely be forced to buy wave 4 from a scalper as well. At least with the flood of listings you can find figures for around $20 USD in combo wave listings.