ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvel Universe X-Men Collectors Pack Released at Toys"R"us (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=11494)

Robimus 08-14-2012 04:27 PM

Marvel Universe X-Men Collectors Pack Released at Toys"R"us

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to AFN member pandaprime we now know that the Marvel Universe X-Men Collectors Pack has been released at Canadian Retail. The set includes Cyclops, Jean Grey, Apocalypse, Angel, Mr. Sinister & Iceman.

The set was sighted at a Toys"R"us in British Columbia and is priced at $49.99.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

Robimus 08-14-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Marvel Universe X-Men Collectors Pack Released at Toys"R"us

Seems like a cool set. Are these all just repacked single figures or do they have new paint jobs?

CTO15 08-14-2012 04:41 PM

all repaints from the look of it

SIKKBONES 08-14-2012 05:05 PM

from the looks of it the cyclops and the angel are from the original Toybiz molds... I wouldn't be surprised if SInister is the same as well...

are these full size legends or 3.3/4 figures as it looks like the redid angels wings.

Metrotitan 08-14-2012 05:22 PM

I saw this pack today but had to pass. Between the price tag, the sloppy paint apps (Cyclops' visor was REALLY bad), and the fact that I only needed Angel, I couldn't justify a buy.

Now watch them sell out and be scalped for $100+...

Toy Gremlin 08-14-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKKBONES (Post 47345)
from the looks of it the cyclops and the angel are from the original Toybiz molds... I wouldn't be surprised if SInister is the same as well...

are these full size legends or 3.3/4 figures as it looks like the redid angels wings.

These are the 3 3/4" MU figures.

Hantei 08-14-2012 07:14 PM

$50 for Angel!?! Easy pass. Though I might go for one when the inevitable sale hits, much like the the Giant Size X-Men pack.

CTO15 08-14-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKKBONES (Post 47345)

Might be confusing marvel legends and marvel universe.

The angel will be released as a single but in blue deco

Napseeker 08-14-2012 10:43 PM

$50 is WAY too much for repaints and one new figure. I am hopeful that if no one buys them up right away, TRU *will* put these on sale with one of their usual 25% or 30% off sales.

The good thing is that this is still the summer season, a slow time of the year for toys, so I doubt parents will snap these up, not at that price.

lars573 08-15-2012 01:25 AM

Technically all 6 are repaints. But I think this pack beat the wave with Angel in it to shelves.