ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31488)

MorphGrid 10-25-2020 11:21 PM

Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Wow Canucktibles sold out quick after I placed my order.

I hope that means my order's still good.

Zeroflamez 10-26-2020 12:59 PM

So did anyone actually manage to get their MMPR Black shipped from Amazon ca? Mine never got cancelled but it might as well be since it's now set to "we'll email you with a delivery date" which basically means I'm not getting one.. Well at least my MMPR Green Preorder is still alive over at WM. I really dislike Hasbro. Amazes me how such a big company can have such garbage distribution, mean while Mcfarlane figures you can find pretty much anywhere and they are a smaller company. smdh man lol.

RocketGTR 10-26-2020 01:06 PM

My Amazon CA order for the MMPR Black Ranger never shipped. I managed to snag him at a local comic store so I cancelled my Amazon order and consider this line done except for the occasional villain when those are eventually released. But only if I find them on the shelf cuz preorders are so screwy right now.

Oh and whenever Toysnowman ships me the Zordon/Alpha 5 pack too.

Zeroflamez 10-26-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGTR (Post 122050)
My Amazon CA order for the MMPR Black Ranger never shipped. I managed to snag him at a local comic store so I cancelled my Amazon order and consider this line done except for the occasional villain when those are eventually released. But only if I find them on the shelf cuz preorders are so screwy right now.

Oh and whenever Toysnowman ships me the Zordon/Alpha 5 pack too.

I start to wonder if Hasbro even wants our money. Well our dollar is worth shite right now so maybe not. The way they handle distribution here is just awful.

MorphGrid 10-26-2020 08:40 PM

I'm wondering if maybe Lightning Collection sales in Canada is not as good as other regions. But that doesn't make sense because it's tainted by poor stock levels.

riderman 10-27-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathereth (Post 122008)
It's stupid rare. When I was hunting it down, I kept calling every EB around me asking about it.

It was annoying as well because the employee would not have any idea what I am asking about most of the time. Even when I did get someone that could search the item properly and tell me which other stores to call, the next store would have no clue lol.

It's a mess.

I got lucky though, Riderman had a extra one, met up with me and sold me it at cost.

I was lucky to have come across another one at another EB Games by accident. The problem with MMPR Armoured Black Ranger is that nobody knew it was coming out and no one had the SKU Number and when it was too late to pre-order by phone or in person at a store location it was hit and miss just to get one.

I'm just glad to help out another fellow collector:)

riderman 10-27-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 122028)
I agree with you it is too much of a pain in the ass. I only just started getting into Domestic figures in the last year with Lightning Collection and Black series but I'm already just about done with domestic figures. I'll stick with LC cause I've been able to find them eventually with enough patience. Black Series on the other hand is way too much of a pain in the ass for me to bother anymore, Marvel Legends as well.

My Walmart Order is processing..I did order it at the end of September around the time PO's first opened so you might have jumped on too late. Either way it's BS. In Canada availability and PO reliability isn't a thing and it's pretty sad.

When did you place your order? Mine still hasn't been cancelled. I put my order in end of September.

They cancelled pre-order for MMPR Green, Z-Putty and Dino Thunder Red which was placed on The end of September 29th, 2020 :(

Zeroflamez 10-27-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorphGrid (Post 122083)
I'm wondering if maybe Lightning Collection sales in Canada is not as good as other regions. But that doesn't make sense because it's tainted by poor stock levels.

I don't think it is selling well here at all. That's why stock is poor. In my area for an entire year Toys'rus sat on wave 2 before they were finally able to sell them. They only just recently got a case of wave 4 in. Walmart's here have gotten Wave 4 and 5 but it seems like wave 4 aside from MMPR Yellow shelf warm and the only figure they ever seem to get from wave 5 is Time Force Red that shelf warms for the most part. When it comes to EB in my area they have just been sitting on old Wave 2 figures and Rita/Zed 2 pack and Dino Thunder White figures. So they don't even bother to order any new waves. Hate to say it but I could see this line not surviving in retail stores going forward. Even with rangers from Dino Charge and Beast Morphers that kids today can actually recognize I still saw those figures peg warm for over a year. The MMPR figures are the only thing keeping the boat afloat in Canada and once they move on from MMPR I could see retailers just opting out altogether. Now mind you this is just my area, it will obviously vary from place to place but just from seeing the posts from members in different parts of the country complaining about lack of availability it's probably safe to say that it isn't selling well in other parts of the Country too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderman (Post 122104)
They cancelled pre-order for MMPR Green, Z-Putty and Dino Thunder Red which was placed on The end of September 29th, 2020 :(

I ordered mine on the 28th. I might have just narrowly missed the cut off.

MorphGrid 10-27-2020 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 122105)
I don't think it is selling well here at all. That's why stock is poor. In my area for an entire year Toys'rus sat on wave 2 before they were finally able to sell them. They only just recently got a case of wave 4 in. Walmart's here have gotten Wave 4 and 5 but it seems like wave 4 aside from MMPR Yellow shelf warm and the only figure they ever seem to get from wave 5 is Time Force Red that shelf warms for the most part. When it comes to EB in my area they have just been sitting on old Wave 2 figures and Rita/Zed 2 pack and Dino Thunder White figures. So they don't even bother to order any new waves. Hate to say it but I could see this line not surviving in retail stores going forward. Even with rangers from Dino Charge and Beast Morphers that kids today can actually recognize I still saw those figures peg warm for over a year. The MMPR figures are the only thing keeping the boat afloat in Canada and once they move on from MMPR I could see retailers just opting out altogether. Now mind you this is just my area, it will obviously vary from place to place but just from seeing the posts from members in different parts of the country complaining about lack of availability it's probably safe to say that it isn't selling well in other parts of the Country too.

That's a good point. A lot of retailers here are sitting on stock and thinking "well...PR isn't selling all that well except for MMPR." I think Hasbro might've overestimated how much collectors care about the entire PR Legacy.

Especially so soon after Bandai took a crack at releasing some of the generational PR stuff in addition to Super Megaforce. IMO, stuff like Beast Morphers shouldn't have been in the LC right now, because they already have their own toy line aimed at the audience of the show. I get why since it's capitalizing on the show but I would be amazed if the collectors audience actually care about the show.

A staggered generational release per wave (MMPR LC > Zeo > Turbo > In Space LC > etc.) seems like the better idea. It's annoying to have to chase after figures multiple times so just give the people what they want ASAP.

cloud 10-27-2020 02:31 AM

WIth EB there is also the issue of not being able to order new waves.
You don't see anything past wave 1. Or rather everything is using the same code. So couldn't order any new waves.