ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Do You Collect? (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=13638)

Robimus 05-08-2013 12:39 AM

What Do You Collect?

I'm interested to get an idea what most of the AFN crew collects the most of.

You may select more than one option and the list will be limited to the main toylines currently in stores and an 'Others' category which contains anything and everything not listed.

Feel free to mention and discuss all your selections.

Also we'll skip out on Transformers since we don't really do a lot of Transformers discussion here and there are space constraints. I assume it would rank very high in any case.

Robimus 05-08-2013 12:42 AM

Re: What Do You Collect?

My own picks are really straight forward. Star Wars, G.I.Joe & Kreo.

The odd G.I.Joe item as well, but not enough that I'd consider myself much of a collector of them.

Transformers as well of course.

Toy Gremlin 05-08-2013 12:53 AM

I guess Mega Bloks is considered "Others". :(

Well for me, it is mainly GI Joe, Marvel (MU and ML), and Mega Bloks. :clapping:

I do collect random stuff from other lines, but not enough to be considered a "collector" of those lines.

protoform_ironhide 05-08-2013 01:48 AM

I mainly collect Marvel Universe and Transformers right now. It gives me headache to get things up to date.. hunting toys are just getting harder these days. Also I have a small collection for Marvel Mega Bloks from series 1 - 3 here as well, I wish Mega Bloks will continue their marvel line.

Hantei 05-08-2013 01:50 AM

I voted Marvel, DC, Star Wars, GI Joe, TMNT, and Other. Though my collections for some of them aren't as sizable as others.

I'm mostly interested in Marvel (ML, MU, MS), NECA, and Japanese figures (Play Arts Kai, Revoltech,...). Marvel Legends is limited to characters I'm interested in (mostly movie characters, Avengers, Spidey), while Marvel Universe I go a little more completionist on (though that's on a decline due to price and poor distribution). Marvel Selects have pretty much been just their Movie related releases. NECA pretty much covers video game characters and the odd movie/comic related figures, with articulation being the deciding factor on the latter (the new Predator wave, and Prometheus figures are exactly what I look in figures). The Japanese stuff covers mostly Play Arts Kai's which are mostly video game related characters. Revoltechs I'm selective to just video game characters and maybe the odd anime character, though I did pick up an Iron Man Mk VII (a little buyer's remorse on that purchase though).

DC stuff I'm just gonna limit myself to Mattel's offerings of the New 52 Justice League core, and maybe a few Bat family characters. MM are kinda iffy, I only got suckered into the few I bought for the TDKR cause I'm chasing to build the Bat Signal. I may grab a Man of Steel MM Superman during a sale. I'd buy DC Direct's offerings if they had better articulation. In the end I think most of the DC related purchases will be saved for the Japanese produced figures.

Star Wars it's mostly Jedis and Sith from the Vintage Collection. Though I did army build a little bit on the clone and storm troopers. Only got one vehicle and that's the Snowspeeder, though I'm really really tempted to get a Millenium Falcon (I almost snagged one during the last sale where it was almost half off, and probably would have if the Expo wasn't happening that same week).

GI Joes, I've pretty much lost interest in them after the PoC series ended. Just selective to the few cool ones they offer now (I really miss the PoC style).

TMNT, haha, this one is down to any offerings of the 4 turtles (non of those wacky ones with different outfits or action features). Pretty much after buying them, I'm done with the line.

protoform_ironhide 05-08-2013 02:45 AM

I am so envy to those of you who has room to collect so many lines. I think I would collect more lines too only if I have the room :( I am so tempted to those lego nowadays, you get lots of things from Spongebob to StarWars..which is crazy... Lego wasn't that complicated when I was a kid, haha

tekkamanraiden 05-08-2013 07:14 AM

Lego mainly and the occasional transfomer.

CTO15 05-08-2013 09:18 AM

I was primarily a 6" figure collector. So I had basically every DCUC and ML (HML/TB) out there.

But then I got into the HT bug, and I'm sure many of you know I have been selling off my MLs to fund that.

But I have always strictly been a Marvel/DC collector. Current lines I'm collecting (passively and agressively)

Hot Toys
Marvel Universe
ML (really only keep Avengers related figures, and heroes only)
DCUC (for now ha)
Transformers (CHUG and anything related, including 3rd party stuff)
TMNT (only the classics and the toon stuff. But only Ralph, Mikey, Leo, and Don)
I have some prop stuff (Tony Stark Arc Reactor from Iron Man 1, and the GL's Lantern)

and lately I have been starting into kitbashing or customizing my own 1/6 figures, which is an even more dangerous avenue to go down

pattycakeman 05-08-2013 12:51 PM

I haven't been collecting as much as I have in the past but:

Marvel Legends usually only the ones I like unless there is a BAF, I'm a sucker for a BAF.

GI Joe - I'll pick them up here and there

Masters of the Universe Classic - I get everything, Still my favorite line. I can't wait for Grayskull

TMNT - Love the retro figures and the new figures are cool too, Ive picked up most of them.

Imports - DBZ figuarts, some D-Arts and Figma figures (mostly video game related)

Then random stuff, I'm still a huge fan of vintage toys and will pick them up if i find them for cheap, nothing beats finding a cool vintage toy for $1 at a garage sale.

I've also been collecting vintage video games a lot lately. So my attention has been split between the two lately.

cobralegion 05-08-2013 02:09 PM

My collecting has always been all over the place. Mostly its GI Joe with Star Wars being a close second but I also collect a lot of 80s and 90s lines whenever I can find them. Everything from Robocop to Star Trek to Rambo to Super Mario Brothers movie figures. Thankfully I've never been a completest so I just collect what I find interesting. Thats one of the great things about this hobby, there's always more cool stuff to collect.