ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Mattel Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Masters of the Universe Origins discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36060)

m.arndt 08-28-2020 02:09 PM

Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

I’m surprised there isn’t a MOTU Origins figures thread yet....

After seeing that my local Walmart redid their action figure aisle and would be stocking Origins figures and checking daily for nearly two weeks, I was able to grab He-man, Skeletor, Teela, and Beast Man today. :D

Although I’m a little disappointed that they only had a single case. Hopefully these are selling well and more are
on the way.

I was surprised to see that the Canadian packaging doesn’t have the “new for ‘20” burst at the top of the packaging. I hadn’t seen any packaged pics of Canadian figures.

Robimus 08-28-2020 03:51 PM

Re: Masters of the Universe Origins

I think this is the first sighting on these

sixshot1981 08-28-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 118514)

After seeing that my local Walmart redid their action figure aisle and would be stocking Origins figures and checking daily for nearly two weeks, I was able to grab He-man, Skeletor, Teela, and Beast Man today. :D

Although I’m a little disappointed that they only had a single case. Hopefully these are selling well and more are
on the way.

I was surprised to see that the Canadian packaging doesn’t have the “new for ‘20” burst at the top of the packaging. I hadn’t seen any packaged pics of Canadian figures.

Either the Man At Arms or Evil Lyn have that 'New for 20' on the package. One of my local WM this is their 4th case they've received now ? I managed get them finally this morning after 2 weeks of trying and just missing out.

riderman 08-29-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 118514)

on the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 118520)
I think this is the first sighting on these

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixshot1981 (Post 118538)
Either the Man At Arms or Evil Lyn have that 'New for 20' on the package. One of my local WM this is their 4th case they've received now ? I managed get them finally this morning after 2 weeks of trying and just missing out.

I have been to many many Walmarts all week long but none had the new Origins wave but was lucky to pick up a Battlecat and Sky Sled. Which Ontario Walmarts did you find these?

Rogue_Optimus 08-29-2020 11:12 AM

So what's the listed price on them all?

m.arndt 08-29-2020 11:19 AM

$14.97 for the figures and $29.97 for Battle Cat.
Not sure about Prince Adam w/ Sky Sled as I haven’t even seen the price tags for it never mind seeing the toy

riderman 08-29-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 118551)
$14.97 for the figures and $29.97 for Battle Cat.
Not sure about Prince Adam w/ Sky Sled as I haven’t even seen the price tags for it never mind seeing the toy

Sky Sled cost $39.97 and I was lucky to find and purchase the last damaged one at Markville Mall Walmart. The window was cracked, the accessories fell out of their plastic bubble and are sitting on the bottom of the box and the top cardboard flap is damaged and bent too. The Walmart guy putting it back on the shelf claims that kids must have dropped it!

sixshot1981 08-29-2020 01:54 PM

I returned one Sky Sled to WM Airport & Queen St today if anybody is looking for one ? It was damaged but I was able to get a case fresh one last night at another Walmart.

Stevan 08-30-2020 09:50 PM

I am noticing a lot of motu scalpers on facebook market place and kijiji selling motu figures at astronomic prices. They are getting them much faster then the rest of us. Nothing new about what I just said but it is annoying and frustrating. I have seen ads asking $40 for one figure. Battle Cat going for $65-$80. Prince Adam pack going for $90. Some of these scalpers are from Kitchener,Hamilton and Toronto areas.

Bigstrongboy 08-30-2020 10:14 PM

It's all going right out the back door. I did a serious road trip and it's ridiculous. There's no way there's casual in store buying at this pace.

m.arndt 08-30-2020 10:34 PM

That sucks about the scalpers Stevan. Hopefully your luck turns around soon.

.....I was wondering about that Bigstrongboy. I’m assuming stuff going out the back door might explain stocktrack showing some store’s inventory as a minus? Or showing they have a case of 4, but saying out of stock at the same time?
Or it’s just a glitch, I don’t know...

sixshot1981 08-30-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 118659)

.....I was wondering about that Bigstrongboy. I’m assuming stuff going out the back door might explain stocktrack showing some store’s inventory as a minus? Or showing they have a case of 4, but saying out of stock at the same time?

The whole out of stock thing is just how seafish programmed the site. I would assume it's because when you get that low on stock it's in some cases a stock variance and 4 isn't a guarantee.

The whole minus thing is perhaps because stores may not be receiving stock properly or they're supposed to get 2 and instead get 4.

As for the scalpers it's a low percentage but as always whenever there's limited stock and it's highly collectible its just easier to blame the troll under bridge. The usual haves and haves nots. People here are clearly desperate they drive the 401 from London to almost Ottawa during a pandemic and its that desperation probably fuelling the mythical scalpers and their prices which nobody has to pay or pay attention to BTW...

Stevan 08-30-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 118659)

Well I am used to the fact that there always will be scalpers. I will continue my search as usual and hopefully I will hit jackpot one of these days.

m.arndt 08-31-2020 06:50 AM

Sixshot, I was simply referring to Stevan’s post about the kijiji and Canadian eBay listings for Origins he’s seen.

I realize there can’t be that many scalpers, as someone stated in an earlier post, there’s not that much product out yet for any of us. One lone case at a time with only one of each character per store for the majority of stores means these figures are going fast to whoever gets there first. Still got to be frustrating for someone looking to see those kijiji ads though.

Thanks for the info regarding stocktrack sixshot.
I’m new to trying it out and it’s been accurate so far for me in my area, so seeing one store just outside of my area in Ottawa say “out of stock -4” left me scratching my head. lol

tfHunter 09-30-2020 07:57 PM

Anyone see any signs of Walmart restocking these things

m.arndt 09-30-2020 09:06 PM

Stocktrack shows that stores in the Ottawa valley area have 12 each on order now up from 4 for each store, so that’s something to look forward to I hope

chaingunsofdoom 09-30-2020 09:23 PM

Not collecting these, but while visiting WMs here, I saw a Battlecat appear after around a month long gap. Maybe more MOTU are coming?

Minis W1 arrived 2-per store at some WMs this week after a gap too.

tfHunter 10-01-2020 02:02 AM

Yeah, I saw a BattleCat, the Sky Sled and BeastMan and Teela. But all those sightings were maybe a month and ahalf ago and all within a weeks span probably. Since then, absolutely nothing. Pretty soon these things should hit, after all, Christmas season is almost here. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hoffman 10-03-2020 05:34 PM

Just remember, these will see wide release next year. It's entirely possible that WM Canada only got the one batch and won't restock, as is the trend with them.

m.arndt 10-03-2020 06:01 PM

Any chance you will be able to offer MOTU Origins come 2021? Either by the case or individually, or both? Would be great to be able to order online next year from a place like Canucktibles :)

sixshot1981 10-03-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 120729)
Just remember, these will see wide release next year. It's entirely possible that WM Canada only got the one batch and won't restock, as is the trend with them.

Its been said here multiple times... I think at this point people's entitlement is getting in they way rationality lol

Super_Megatron 10-04-2020 05:53 PM

EpicLumpia 10-04-2020 07:02 PM

WM locations are getting new cases of origin figures. Just saw someone walking out with orko and scareglow

4lott 10-04-2020 09:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Anyone know if the UPCs are the same for these? I figure it must be as I ran it thru stocktrack and store that had 0 in stock are now beginning to show them as in stock again

Hoffman 10-05-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 120730)
Any chance you will be able to offer MOTU Origins come 2021? Either by the case or individually, or both? Would be great to be able to order online next year from a place like Canucktibles :)

Yes, I've ordered limited amounts of everything that is available from the distributor.

Basically everything from the first couple of waves, and then the stuff that was announced at PowerCon.

Not sure if/when I can list pre-orders unfortunately.

m.arndt 10-05-2020 06:42 AM

That’s great news! Looking forward to preorders going up and not stepping in to Walmart for these any more

Lord Scareglow 10-05-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoffman (Post 120790)
Yes, I've ordered limited amounts of everything that is available from the distributor.

Basically everything from the first couple of waves, and then the stuff that was announced at PowerCon.

Not sure if/when I can list pre-orders unfortunately.

:highfive: this is awesome news, I've been waiting for finally some place in Canada not being Walshart, to be able to order these figures from, Walfart online has never seemed to have these up.

m.arndt 10-13-2020 02:54 PM

Well I was a little annoyed last week because stocktrack was showing that my local Walmart had 4 Origins figures listed as limited, and I had been checking daily hoping that they’d finally be put on the pegs instead of being in the back room. Then suddenly one day less than an hour after I had been there, stocktrack showed the store as having 3, but also as out of stock. Since I had to pop in anyways today for some milk for the kids, I passed through the action figure aisle just in case. I happened to notice a Cobra Commander peeking out from underneath the aisle on the floor. As I bent down to see if it indeed was a Cobra Commander I noticed 3 more items jammed even further on the floor under the aisle.
It was a Trap Jaw, Man-E-Faces, and He-man. :)

4lott 10-13-2020 03:57 PM

On the floor as in the actual floor
Like under the shelves?

m.arndt 10-13-2020 04:16 PM

Yeah. On the floor under the framework for the shelves and pegs.
Not sure if it was intentional or not. Maybe I unknowingly discovered someone’s hiding spot for action figures to be purchased later, or maybe a kid was playing with the stuff and they got kicked under there?
Just glad to have found Trap Jaw, who has always been my favourite MOTU character. But this one is definitely an opener after being jammed under the shelving unit. With this line having the vintage style packaging, I would love to get another Trap Jaw to keep MOC at some point.

EpicLumpia 10-28-2020 09:16 AM

For those who have found the origins line at WM, is the packing in only English or is it in multi languages?

Do people care what language the card is in?

riderman 10-28-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicLumpia (Post 122186)
For those who have found the origins line at WM, is the packing in only English or is it in multi languages?

Not really unless you want a comic book with a story and text. The international release includes a comic that is just a picture book. Pick your poison, I for one want the American release

4lott 10-28-2020 02:29 PM

Are any kids actually buying these here? I know they are in the states but I don’t think these are on the pegs here long enough for kids to discover them

Powered Convoy 10-28-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicLumpia (Post 122186)

I've found both. I like that the multi-language doesn't have the bright yellow NEW FOR 20 thing in the top left, but it's pretty awesome to see SKELETOR Evil Lord of Destruction! on the English-only packages (my multi-language Scareglow doesn't have the description line...was it "Evil Ghost of Skeletor!"?)

m.arndt 10-28-2020 08:21 PM

Sorry if I missed it but but could someone provide the upc for the sky sled please? I’d like the opportunity to look it up on stocktrack

Stryfe2026 10-28-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 122249)
Sorry if I missed it but but could someone provide the upc for the sky sled please? I’d like the opportunity to look it up on stocktrack

For sure, it should be 88796189324

riderman 10-28-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.arndt (Post 122249)

I just returned my Sky Sled because of damage. They were giving me trouble at the return desk but I reasoned with them and they said they WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION JUST THIS TIME!!

m.arndt 10-28-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 (Post 122252)
For sure, it should be 88796189324

Thank you very much for the help Stryfe2026

Lord Scareglow 10-29-2020 09:20 PM

Finally found some of these figures, so I guess they are getting more wider distrubution, my local Wal-mart had He-Man, Skeletor, Trapjaw and Man-E-Faces, so I grabbed them all.

FETT1 10-30-2020 10:17 PM

MOTU SLED 887961893240