ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Target in canada. (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18519)

Vorahk 08-05-2014 09:11 PM

Target in canada.

1 Attachment(s)
Alright I might just be the only one here but I'm impressed with target lately. They have been getting stuff that the states have recently got or haven't gotten. Two days after some power rangers stuff came out in the states my target got the same thing. Even with Mattel batman line they got the latest waves before anyone else in town, some tfs before other stores. While though they are not getting their exclusives up here which is saddening. Happier note their toy isles are filling up now. Maybe a better time for target now? Picture is the latest wave of rangers that I haven't seen the states get em yet.

Tonestar 08-05-2014 09:45 PM

Re: Target in canada.

My local Target got those Rangers as well as the latest Zords in a couple of weeks ago. When I went to the U.S. a week or so ago they did not have them in so like you I am mildly impressed with Target as of late. I hope they can continue this trend for the future. I still love their 70% off clearance sales, they do that better than TRU or WalMart.

Wintermute 08-05-2014 10:24 PM

Yeah they tend to have a lot more stuff than the Wal-Mart close by in Waterdown.

I reeeeeally hope that Target Canada gets the exclusive Star Wars Black Shadow Squadron set.

One thing Target does need to do though is have an online shop.

Vorahk 08-05-2014 10:59 PM

Yes online shop would be good or let the American online site ship to canada.

Robimus 08-06-2014 12:13 PM

Target's biggest problem in Winnipeg is their store locations right now. They basically have two within five minutes of each other, and none open in the two largest shopping districts in the city.

But that will change soon when they open up what appears to be a new two story high store at Polo Park.

I've been pleased with the product selection when I've visited. It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.

wedge1021 08-06-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 66654)
It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.

This. And for decent prices, not over inflated because they were exclusives. And they went on sale fairly soon after as well. This gives me hope for the aforementioned Shadow Squadron set.

Alexander Quinn 08-06-2014 02:42 PM

My local store just opened this passed weekend, but with super lackluster stock. The Walmart down the road from it has more recent TFs, Power Rangers and TMNT stock. Hoping they get themselves sorted out real quick, cause at the moment it's pretty much just another store with no draw to it. Might as well be a cleaner happier Zellers.

PegMan 08-06-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 66654)
Target's biggest problem in Winnipeg is their store locations right now. They basically have two within five minutes of each other, and none open in the two largest shopping districts in the city.

But that will change soon when they open up what appears to be a new two story high store at Polo Park.

I've been pleased with the product selection when I've visited. It was really nice to see stuff like the Beast Hunters exclusives on the shelf when they first came out.

Yes indeed, I can't wait to not find any figures there too! Lol But I'll try a few times before I'm soured on it.

FETT1 08-06-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 66659)
My local store just opened this passed weekend, but with super lackluster stock. The Walmart down the road from it has more recent TFs, Power Rangers and TMNT stock. Hoping they get themselves sorted out real quick, cause at the moment it's pretty much just another store with no draw to it. Might as well be a cleaner happier Zellers.

WOW..and they wonder why their stocks are taking a hit...they will never leaRn!!

Hantei 08-06-2014 09:36 PM

Their video game sale/clearance is most impressive for me. I saw GTAV, Batman Arkham Origins, and Splinter Cell for $10 just last week. Their clearance stuff is no joke too, $7 for Arkham City? Really great prices! Haha, I find myself staking out Targets for the next great deal for games.

Toys have been pretty good, they were the first to get ML Spideys. Though as of late they haven't been all that great for Marvel stuff.