ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Should I open this? (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=26372)

BrownSpidey 11-14-2016 12:29 PM

Should I open this?

1 Attachment(s)
So I got this off kijiji for about $30 last year...Recently been thinking of dedicating one of my detolf shelves to sort of a "movie monsters" theme....I was wondering if I should open this? Or if the value on an unopened box set such as this one would make this a collector's cardinal sin?!

Wintermute 11-14-2016 02:39 PM

Re: Should I open this?

Well, looking at ebay listings for this set, it is selling for north of $100 for an unopened set, so you got yourself quite a deal.

I guess the question for you is whether or not you'd eventually want to sell them for a profit, which seems to be possible given the price for it on ebay.

If you want to keep them for yourself, then I say open them up :)

BrownSpidey 11-14-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wintermute (Post 85701)
Well, looking at ebay listings for this set, it is selling for north of $100 for an unopened set, so you got yourself quite a deal.

I guess the question for you is whether or not you'd eventually want to sell them for a profit, which seems to be possible given the price for it on ebay.

If you want to keep them for yourself, then I say open them up :)

That's true! I guess I'm leaning towards opening it!

thunderboy 11-14-2016 07:18 PM

I'm a mint in box guy myself, but a few months ago I had a massive heart attack. A double bypass and a defibrillator later, life has certainly changed for me. I picked up a detolf , plunked it down in my living room , and cracked open a bunch of my favourites. Enjoy what you have, while you have it. Never know when you'll be out of time.

DanM 11-14-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderboy (Post 85703)
I'm a mint in box guy myself, but a few months ago I had a massive heart attack. A double bypass and a defibrillator later, life has certainly changed for me. I picked up a detolf , plunked it down in my living room , and cracked open a bunch of my favourites. Enjoy what you have, while you have it. Never know when you'll be out of time.

Glad to hear you made it through that thunderboy.

BrownSpidey, the best toys are open toys. Otherwise they're at best decoration, at worst clutter.

aquanet 11-14-2016 08:08 PM

Open it!

pandaprime 11-14-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquanet (Post 85705)
Open it!

Just do it :D;):o:)

wedge1021 11-14-2016 10:15 PM

I have a few figure sets like that, mostly Star Wars. I want to open them but can't bring myself to do it when I look at their selling prices on ebay. I've been thinking of selling some of them MISB, and then buying some loose versions to keep - with profit to spare.

tekkamanraiden 11-15-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge1021 (Post 85708)
I have a few figure sets like that, mostly Star Wars. I want to open them but can't bring myself to do it when I look at their selling prices on ebay. I've been thinking of selling some of them MISB, and then buying some loose versions to keep - with profit to spare.

That's a pretty good idea.

turtle power eh 11-15-2016 08:47 AM

Sell 'em and put the money towards some of the diamond select universal monster figures.