ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big Bad Toy Store Question (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=29027)

chuskers 09-04-2017 07:21 PM

Big Bad Toy Store Question

Hello fellow collectors, wondering if anyone here from Ontario has ordered a case of marvel legends from BBTS recently. Looking to see how much shipping was, any duty paid etc ...

Thanks for your help

E Mikd 09-14-2017 11:31 PM

Re: Big Bad Toy Store Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuskers (Post 92599)
Hello fellow collectors, wondering if anyone here from Ontario has ordered a case of marvel legends from BBTS recently. Looking to see how much shipping was, any duty paid etc ...

Thanks for your help

I recently ordered some GI Joe's from there.
It cost me $16.69 USD for 2 50th Anniversary 3 packs, and a 50th Anniversary 2 pack. So a pretty fair sized package.
Wasn't charged extra duties, but when I was collecting 1/6th scale, I got dinged pretty heavy on duties for a Hot Toys Catwoman. It was a pretty heft ding and stopped me from ordering from them till this past month, when I risked it for some new Joes. And no duties. I think it goes off of value. My order was under $100 USD for the joes, but more than $200 USD for the Hot Toys. So that may be a factor.

Webs 09-15-2017 12:59 AM

I think customs only hits packages if they are within a certain size/weight. I ordered the Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime from BBTS which with shipping was around $180, but it got hit hard by customs and ended up costing me almost $300.

Xtreme987 09-16-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webs (Post 92840)
I think customs only hits packages if they are within a certain size/weight. I ordered the Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime from BBTS which with shipping was around $180, but it got hit hard by customs and ended up costing me almost $300.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :crying:

fjjr 09-16-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

I don't understand how you were charged that much for customs - what shipping service did you use? You should have been charged PST/GST on your items and possibly a handling fee. As I understand it, the handling fee on items dealt with through Canada Post would be no more than $10.00.
Since you are in Alberta, there is no PST. Even if they charged you with the shipping price included, you shouldn't have been charged more than $20.
That's just what I thought the rules were for importing items from the US, maybe something else applies in your case.

chuskers 09-16-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Ouch indeed, that story def makes me nervous about ordering a case from them. Thanks for the replies gang

Actually ended up getting 2 figures from Amazon.com so we'll see how that that turns out

Sharkdog 09-16-2017 02:40 PM

I've had both experiences, though mostly my orders from BBTS make it through without getting hit by customs.

I did have a package once get hit by customs, but it was indeed a very large package.

Prime Sinister 09-16-2017 05:04 PM

Ordered TFC Hades recently from BBTS and no custom duties.

pandaprime 09-16-2017 06:04 PM

not recently but I was hit with customs duties for every shipment from BBTS :( maybe i am on the watchlist? :(

Chigimus 09-18-2017 09:55 PM

Have made orders with BBTS for various amounts as little as $32 to $175 over the last 4 years, and for various sizes and package weights. I don't order from them very much, but occasionally do if they have the right price or the only place left with inventor.
Customs has dinged me EVERY SINGLE TIME. For those of you not getting dinged, do you use a cross-border PO box of some sort?