ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Wolverine 3.75" Figures Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14220)

Hantei 06-25-2013 05:30 PM

The Wolverine 3.75" Figures Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member Tonestar, we now know that the first wave of 3.75" figures for The Wolverine have hit Canadian retail. Wave 1 consists of Warrior Claw Wolverine, Hero Blade Logan, Shadow Strike Ninja, and Sword Slash Silver Samurai.

The sighting was made at a Target in Ontario

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

pandaprime 06-25-2013 09:45 PM

Re: The Wolverine 3.75" Figures Released in Canada

are those really 3.75"? they look shorter.....

StaticShin27 06-25-2013 11:04 PM

Straight to the discount bin. Actually hell, send'em to dollarama already.

CTO15 06-25-2013 11:25 PM

I saw these in the states, these are pure garbage.

If Hasbro's plan is to lose money, then I think they achieved that goal

Toy Gremlin 06-26-2013 03:32 AM

So the Shadow Strike Ninja isn't a repaint of the GI Joe Retaliation Red Ninja? Well that kind of sucks. I was hoping that it was so I can get a generic ninja with awesome articulation.

Napseeker 06-27-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 55583)
So the Shadow Strike Ninja isn't a repaint of the GI Joe Retaliation Red Ninja? Well that kind of sucks. I was hoping that it was so I can get a generic ninja with awesome articulation.

It's not a repaint! They seemed to have used a sculpt so close to the GI Joe one that a lot of people thought it was a repaint. This Wolverine one has just your most basic articulation (no elbows, no knees, no ankles) so you can happily skip it unless you like to pay a premium for dollar store-quality figures.

Hasbro's new direction seems to be 1980s-quality action figures aimed only for kids and we collectors can go screw ourselves...

Robimus 06-27-2013 09:57 AM

So they are full prcie despite the lack of articulation?

Didn't Mattel go this route as well?

Matrix_Holder 06-27-2013 12:41 PM

Worst Hasbro figures to date, you suck at Marvel movie toys now Hasbro.

Napseeker 06-28-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 55595)
So they are full prcie despite the lack of articulation?

Didn't Mattel go this route as well?

Yes, with Green Lantern, with Batman, and with Man of Steel. We all know that GL and Batman have either ended up being sold at discounters or clearanced out at Walmart for $3 (at which point I did buy myself a black and a grey Batman, but only because it was $3).

So even for those collectors considering buying these for your kids or because you're a crazy completist, WAIT. Vote with your dollars and do not help Hasbro's bean counters make a profit with this cheap line. If they smell that they can make just as much money with crap-quality figures, you can kiss the MarvelU line, TVC, and any other collector-oriented line goodbye forever.

Tonestar 07-06-2013 12:47 PM

Apparently, TRU got these in recently and are selling them each for $6.99 reg price as opposed to Target which sells 'em for $10.99. They should be $6.99 because they are like the Iron Man and Spider-Man cheapies well actually they should be 2 bucks because they only 5 points of articulation but with the current sale at TRU they are $5.17 if anyone is interested.