ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31488)

Zeroflamez 10-25-2020 01:46 PM

Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 121997)
Agreed, I've never seen armored Black Ranger since he was initially released. Depends how much you want it. If it's a character that you need, just buy it from .com.

For whatever reason the MMPR EB exclusives seem to have really bad distribution. I only saw the Goldar in store once too and that was on a restock they had back in January.

Zathereth 10-25-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 122006)
For whatever reason the MMPR EB exclusives seem to have really bad distribution. I only saw the Goldar in store once too and that was on a restock they had back in January.

It's stupid rare. When I was hunting it down, I kept calling every EB around me asking about it.

It was annoying as well because the employee would not have any idea what I am asking about most of the time. Even when I did get someone that could search the item properly and tell me which other stores to call, the next store would have no clue lol.

It's a mess.

I got lucky though, Riderman had a extra one, met up with me and sold me it at cost.

MorphGrid 10-25-2020 05:43 PM

If I remember my retail work, in a given case, exclusives are the ones that are seen as needing to sell ASAP given the complexity of shelf spacing + preparing for other/newer products with the same retailer. Back in 2014 with the Amiibo craze, exclusives were always the least stocked items while the generics were always there as sort of evergreen products.

You'd think with online platforms that we wouldn't need to deal with these shenanigans but oh well.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Green Ranger is exclusive? I've really only seen Canucktibles and Walmart selling them.

Hmm12345 10-25-2020 08:31 PM

Walmart.ca cancelled my pre-order for MMPR Green and DT Red. Guess they are as bad as I hear amazon is with pre-orders. Sucks cause they were each $24.99 instead of $29.99.

StaticShin27 10-25-2020 08:43 PM

Yup my wal-mart order got cancelled as well. I guess pre-orders just aren't a thing in Canada.

dbaso 10-25-2020 08:51 PM

Walmart cancelled mine as well - I take back how easy it is to order from them lol

Alexander Quinn 10-25-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmm12345 (Post 122013)
Walmart.ca cancelled my pre-order for MMPR Green and DT Red. Guess they are as bad as I hear amazon is with pre-orders. Sucks cause they were each $24.99 instead of $29.99.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticShin27 (Post 122015)
Yup my wal-mart order got cancelled as well. I guess pre-orders just aren't a thing in Canada.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 122016)
Walmart cancelled mine as well - I take back how easy it is to order from them lol

I love this line. I do. But this is why it just isn’t worth it anymore. Like what’s stressing me out the most this year? Half the world on fire? Nah. Global pandemic? I’m cool, totally stocked on TP. 513 hurricanes? Bah. Being a toy collector, having Amazon cancel preorders made months ago, Walmart do the same, EB just constantly push back the release dates, and having all three get in impossible to nab exclusives Yeah. That sh!t. With a side order of Cobra Island and scalpers. Sigh...

MorphGrid 10-25-2020 10:11 PM

I'm not surprised about the Walmart shenanigans. I've had issues ordering rare video games from them for release day.

Zeroflamez 10-25-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 122021)
I love this line. I do. But this is why it just isn’t worth it anymore. Like what’s stressing me out the most this year? Half the world on fire? Nah. Global pandemic? I’m cool, totally stocked on TP. 513 hurricanes? Bah. Being a toy collector, having Amazon cancel preorders made months ago, Walmart do the same, EB just constantly push back the release dates, and having all three get in impossible to nab exclusives Yeah. That sh!t. With a side order of Cobra Island and scalpers. Sigh...

I agree with you it is too much of a pain in the ass. I only just started getting into Domestic figures in the last year with Lightning Collection and Black series but I'm already just about done with domestic figures. I'll stick with LC cause I've been able to find them eventually with enough patience. Black Series on the other hand is way too much of a pain in the ass for me to bother anymore, Marvel Legends as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticShin27 (Post 122015)

My Walmart Order is processing..I did order it at the end of September around the time PO's first opened so you might have jumped on too late. Either way it's BS. In Canada availability and PO reliability isn't a thing and it's pretty sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaso (Post 122016)

When did you place your order? Mine still hasn't been cancelled. I put my order in end of September.

cloud 10-25-2020 10:55 PM

I would check EBay Its a WalGreens exclusive in the states. Not hard to find. But it has been released for awhile now