ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TMNT Secret Sewer On Clearance @ Target?(Or Not) (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18818)

Robimus 09-06-2014 01:34 PM

TMNT Secret Sewer On Clearance @ Target?(Or Not)

1 Attachment(s)
EDIT: Protoman posted a receipt of the TMNT Secret Sewer Playset on clearance at a Target for $14.99. It was assumed this was in his home province of Quebec, but the receipt indicated it was a California purchase.

Seems like this was inaccurate, but do let us know if it does pop up at this price(or any other discount) in the future.

viciousmaturity 09-06-2014 06:15 PM

Re: TMNT Secret Sewer On Clearance @ Target

That was in Quebec? Even in Montreal, receipts always have at least French.

Anyway, last labour day weekend, target USA had a pricing error with that sewer set. Every tmnt playset got mistakenly priced at $15.

If this is happening in Canada, I would just find it weird that it is catching on a week after Target has resolved the american prices.

wedge1021 09-06-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viciousmaturity (Post 67628)
That was in Quebec? Even in Montreal, receipts always have at least French.

Anyway, last labour day weekend, target USA had a pricing error with that sewer set. Every tmnt playset got mistakenly priced at $15.

Good point!
Also, the receipt lists "CA TAX 8.0%", which is definitely not Quebec. Likely California, where some areas have 8% state tax.

Robimus 09-06-2014 09:29 PM

We are investigating to see if this one is accurate or not.

viciousmaturity 09-06-2014 11:01 PM

Let us know if it's accurate. I could use a sewer set for my Legends.

But personally, too many things don't add up. Has anyone visited a Target yet?

Target USA resolved the pricing issues like... maybe 12 hours after the mistake was publicized? Some stores still allowed some price adjustments after that, but it was left to the managers' discretions. I could have asked someone from the US who had bought extras, but it's heavy. Like... 12-13 pounds? The shipping alone would merit a local purchase instead.

66jedikiller66 09-07-2014 10:21 AM

You know what. you guys are right. 8 % tax?
What the F is that?

I just found this on the net.

the goods and services tax (GST), which is calculated at a rate of 5% on the selling price
the Québec sales tax (QST), which is calculated at a rate of 9.975% on the selling price excluding the GST

Protoman I'm calling you out.

Show us the rest of the receipt, please.
The way it is conveniently rolled up hides the store location.

So, Protoman, lets see complete receipt.

Please and thank you.

yojoe78 09-07-2014 04:26 PM

been to target boisbriand and st-eustache and found nothing. thought it would be nice for my kid :( too bad. saw a jetfire at st-eustache but box is damaged and 54.99$ is too pricy for me.

klown23 09-07-2014 08:35 PM

Re: TMNT Secret Sewer On Clearance @ Target?

Guys, if Protoman says it's 15$, it must be 15$. This guy is a veteran on cybertron.ca

Maybe he got it in Ontario or something

wedge1021 09-07-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klown23 (Post 67645)
Guys, if Protoman says it's 15$, it must be 15$. This guy is a veteran on cybertron.ca

Ontario is 13% HST. (Which really blows, by the way).

I doubt Protoman is trying to fool anyone. I am sure it's all completely unintentional - likely a case of miscommunication and/or incorrect assumption.

CTO15 09-08-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klown23 (Post 67645)

that doesn't mean anything. when clearly the taxes on that receipt are 8%, which doesn't match with anything in Canada