ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Hasbro Toy Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34883)

Mudflap 04-16-2024 03:51 PM

Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

I'm starting to regret not ordering Scarlett from Walmart when she was in stock. Not sure what's going on with Gamestop.

nighthawk 04-16-2024 03:53 PM

My Metal Head just shipped from Gamestop. Expecting Duke to ship shortly too.

c4ff 04-16-2024 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 160660)
I'm starting to regret not ordering Scarlett from Walmart when she was in stock. Not sure what's going on with Gamestop.

Maybe the same weird thing w/ best buy, i got a notice a few weeks back saying it'd be delayed from their distributor until April 30th or something. (I was kind of glad the preorders could be spread out so I didn't complain lol)

BlackBeltJohnson 04-16-2024 05:40 PM

Arrr, this is really frustrating. I'd had Scarlett pre-ordered on Amazon and then cancelled it, thinking Gamestop would come through as always, lol. At this point, as long as it shows up is my main concern, but still pretty frustrating.

TheSwipe95 04-16-2024 09:56 PM

Wow. No one has any patience anymore, huh?

Robimus 04-16-2024 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 (Post 160673)
Wow. No one has any patience anymore, huh?

I was told I better pre order them first day they were available to be pre ordered 'cause Hasbro be cutting production and them gonna be impossible to get :p

Yeah, no issues with no pre order :p

TheSwipe95 04-16-2024 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 160675)
I was told I better pre order them first day they were available to be pre ordered 'cause Hasbro be cutting production and them gonna be impossible to get :p

Yeah, no issues with no pre order :p

I get it. I really do. At the same time, though, all I ever see is people complaining about preorders not coming in immediately and dates being pushed back a week or 2. It's preordered, it's coming, you're gonna get it. Show some patience!

But that's just me. Now, I have had it happen with GameStop where a release date comes and goes and it takes week for my store to get my preorder. Just got a call from the Unicity that my Black Series Captain Rex helmet is in. Release date was February 28th. Now THAT is frustrating

canprime 04-17-2024 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 (Post 160676)
I get it. I really do. At the same time, though, all I ever see is people complaining about preorders not coming in immediately and dates being pushed back a week or 2. It's preordered, it's coming, you're gonna get it. Show some patience!

But that's just me. Now, I have had it happen with GameStop where a release date comes and goes and it takes week for my store to get my preorder. Just got a call from the Unicity that my Black Series Captain Rex helmet is in. Release date was February 28th. Now THAT is frustrating

Talk to the people who got screwed over by Gamestop and Amazon with preorders before saying "you're going to get it." :clapping: If you preorder something the chances are high you will get it, but it isn't a guarantee based solely on past experience. I always think back to the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is supposed to have a rental car and they don't have any in stock. I laugh thinking about how Amazon and Gamestop are the employee at the counter saying they are out of stock and we as the customers are Seinfeld "but I reserved (preordered) it?"

Amazon/GS - "I know what a reservation (preorder) is."

Us - "I don't think you do."

Also I think you and I are seeing different threads because I see VASTLY more people complaining, albeit lightly, about preorders coming in too quickly, not being delayed, because of the hits to wallets.

canprime 04-17-2024 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFancypant5 (Post 160656)
Does anyone know when the Pulse Members Sales are? I have my eye on the Hiss Fire Tank Team, but want to scoop them at a deal if possible.

I can't remember when they were last year, but I think the first one was around June and the second was September/October maybe?

Wintermute 04-17-2024 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 160679)
Talk to the people who got screwed over by Gamestop and Amazon with preorders before saying "you're going to get it." :clapping: If you preorder something the chances are high you will get it, but it isn't a guarantee based solely on past experience. I always think back to the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is supposed to have a rental car and they don't have any in stock. I laugh thinking about how Amazon and Gamestop are the employee at the counter saying they are out of stock and we as the customers are Seinfeld "but I reserved (preordered) it?"

Amazon/GS - "I know what a reservation (preorder) is."

Us - "I don't think you do."

Also I think you and I are seeing different threads because I see VASTLY more people complaining, albeit lightly, about preorders coming in too quickly, not being delayed, because of the hits to wallets.

And then there's Walmart. It's an absolute roulette wheel with their preorders.