ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Action Figure News (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Figures Released in Canada (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18552)

Hantei 08-07-2014 11:45 PM

G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Figures Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a sighting made by AFN member Toy Gremlin, we now know that the G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary figures have been released in Canada. The Eagles Edge pack which includes General Clayton Hawk Abernathy, Leatherneck and Destro has been found so far. Share what other sets you've found in the thread.

The sighting was made at a Toys "R" Us in British Columbia, where the 3-pack retails for $24.99.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.

pandaprime 08-08-2014 05:16 PM

Re: G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Figures Released in Canada

totally awesome. I found these at my local TRU today!

Toy Gremlin 08-21-2014 02:00 AM

I finally got a chance to open my Lowlight VS Night Viper 2 pack. Noticed that the Night Viper has really soft plastic hands. Had a really tough time trying to get him to hold his guns. He can't hold the red gun at all. :(

Do you guys have the same issue? Was wondering if that is a qc issue with mines or is it suppose to be like that.

cobralegion 08-22-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 67121)
I finally got a chance to open my Lowlight VS Night Viper 2 pack. Noticed that the Night Viper has really soft plastic hands. Had a really tough time trying to get him to hold his guns. He can't hold the red gun at all. :(

Do you guys have the same issue? Was wondering if that is a qc issue with mines or is it suppose to be like that.

Yes mine are the same..looks like a lot of QC complaints on these. Its mostly redos anyways so I'm not going to bother with too many. Hasbro needs to take a few years off and come out with an all new line. same scale, just new everything.

Toy Gremlin 08-25-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobralegion (Post 67161)
Yes mine are the same..looks like a lot of QC complaints on these. Its mostly redos anyways so I'm not going to bother with too many. Hasbro needs to take a few years off and come out with an all new line. same scale, just new everything.

Thanks for letting me know. Kind of disappointed to hear that there are lots of qc problems with these. It looks like they may have used cheaper plastic than the previous versions of these figures. :(

cobralegion 08-28-2014 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin (Post 67265)
Thanks for letting me know. Kind of disappointed to hear that there are lots of qc problems with these. It looks like they may have used cheaper plastic than the previous versions of these figures. :(

yeah its sad that they don't seem to care about the line anymore. Wish they would have put in the same amount of work as they did way back in 1994 on the 30th stuff but action figures aren't the big sellers they once were. Still I ordered the vehicles and a few 2 packs and in the end it saves money for other lines.

Toy Gremlin 08-28-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobralegion (Post 67361)
yeah its sad that they don't seem to care about the line anymore. Wish they would have put in the same amount of work as they did way back in 1994 on the 30th stuff but action figures aren't the big sellers they once were. Still I ordered the vehicles and a few 2 packs and in the end it saves money for other lines.

I agree. I got that impression as well. :(

cobralegion 09-09-2014 02:34 AM

Got an email today from TRU.ca saying preorders on the Vamp sets and 2 packs are delayed until mid to late September due to a manufacturing delay.

FETT1 09-09-2014 08:15 AM

VAMP is at TRU stores:canada::canada::canada:

cobralegion 09-09-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FETT1 (Post 67689)
VAMP is at TRU stores:canada::canada::canada:

Yeah I heard they were out in some areas...must be the 2 packs that they are waiting for on my order.