ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you ever feel nervous walking into toy aisles? (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17160)

comicbookboy 03-31-2014 02:38 PM

Do you ever feel nervous walking into toy aisles?

How do you cope with walking into the toy aisles looking at action figures while other people spot you in there?

Sometimes i feel nervous at both cashier and asiles and a little weird but I say to myself "F*ck it" and get want i want and leave.

Robimus 03-31-2014 03:51 PM

Re: Do you ever feel nervous walking into toy aisles?

Never been an issue for me.

Tonestar 03-31-2014 04:08 PM

Sometimes I buy other things if I'm at a department store so it doesn't attract too much attention. Sometimes I just don't care, it depends.

PegMan 03-31-2014 04:10 PM

Walk tall young man!

If collecting toys is your thing, be proud that you have a hobby that isn't detrimental. Enjoy yourself!

But most of all, don't worry what anyone else thinks!

Vorahk 03-31-2014 04:52 PM

It reminds of a time in toys r us i was buying a transformer and the former i was buying was a decepticon. Me wearing a decepticon t-shirt and hat, then the lady looks to me and asks if i wanted a gift receipt and i looked at her and raised a eyebrow and she looked at me and the figure and was like "Oh probably not then."

Its all a matter of if you enjoy it, don't let anyone or anything stop you from enjoying it.

Toy Gremlin 03-31-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PegMan (Post 62997)
Walk tall young man!

If collecting toys is your thing, be proud that you have a hobby that isn't detrimental. Enjoy yourself!

But most of all, don't worry what anyone else thinks!

Totally agree! :highfive:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 63001)
It reminds of a time in toys r us i was buying a transformer and the former i was buying was a decepticon. Me wearing a decepticon t-shirt and hat, then the lady looks to me and asks if i wanted a gift receipt and i looked at her and raised a eyebrow and she looked at me and the figure and was like "Oh probably not then."

Its all a matter of if you enjoy it, don't let anyone or anything stop you from enjoying it.

I still ask for a gift receipt. :p

tekkamanraiden 03-31-2014 05:34 PM

I stopped caring what other people though of me a long time ago.

Napseeker 03-31-2014 06:35 PM

Same here, I don't ever hide that I'm there to buy toys for myself. Most of the employees know it too since they see me there all the time desperately trying to find some SW or MU figure. It's not something I even remotely feel embarassed by because I've seen a ton of adult Hot Wheels collectors, adult TF collectors, and a few old SW collectors in the store at the same time.

Geek culture is in nowadays, and you've got both men and women of all ages doing cosplay and openly geeking out, it's become the norm IMO, not a fringe interest.

Super_Megatron 03-31-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekkamanraiden (Post 63004)
I stopped caring what other people though of me a long time ago.

Yup.
What a terrible feeling to feel nervous to walk into a toy aisle. How old are you comicbookboy?

thunderboy 03-31-2014 09:42 PM

I get nervous.....afraid i won't find what i'm looking for....lol