ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Action Figure General Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38724)

usernameprime 09-11-2021 11:21 PM

NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

north men collectables is garbage with a garbage owner, dont support that scammy shit hole

but dont just take my word for it
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77394

sixshot1981 09-12-2021 01:35 AM

Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by usernameprime (Post 134516)
north men collectables is garbage with a garbage owner, dont support that scammy shit hole

but dont just take my word for it
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77394

+1 dont deal with that POS

Ksteel 09-12-2021 02:35 AM

I'm forced to agree. I defended him a year ago on here, but since I've seen and heard some really unprofessional behavior. Maybe the pandemic made him lose his marbles, I don't know.

Since pandemic-era distribution to Canada generally sucks, and NMC is all about the 'Pre-Orders' (which I still don't understand why people bother with this)... this outcome was inevitable.

In Canada, (especially Ontario and Quebec), by the time Pre-Orders arrive... the items are already easily available in retail stores.

Zeroflamez 09-12-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksteel (Post 134520)
I'm forced to agree. I defended him a year ago on here, but since I've seen and heard some really unprofessional behavior. Maybe the pandemic made him lose his marbles, I don't know.

Since pandemic-era distribution to Canada generally sucks, and NMC is all about the 'Pre-Orders' (which I still don't understand why people bother with this)... this outcome was inevitable.

In Canada, (especially Ontario and Quebec), by the time Pre-Orders arrive... the items are already easily available in retail stores.

NMC has never been good with pre-orders even pre Pandemic. You're right about PO"s though. It's largely a waste of time. Only place I'll ever PO with now is EB since I haven't gotten burned by them yet. All the other retailers are a shit show.

TheDudeAbides 09-12-2021 11:02 AM

I’ve been frustrated by NMC too. He’s rude, and somehow it’s unreasonable for me to expect to receive the items I order from him.

So… who do you all recommend instead? Toy snowman?

Zeroflamez 09-12-2021 11:40 AM

Toy Snowman is good. I recommend him. He's the only Canadian retailer I've dealt with aside from Ages 3 and up so I don't know how the other Canadian stores are like outside of NMC that has a track record of shitty practices.

idcrisis 09-12-2021 12:27 PM

Oh damn. I have a couple of preorders with NMC. Does he just ship late or is he a straight up scam?

Zeroflamez 09-12-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idcrisis (Post 134533)
Oh damn. I have a couple of preorders with NMC. Does he just ship late or is he a straight up scam?

It's a mix of both. If you go back a page and read the forum page username prime linked you'll have an idea of what kind of business he runs.

springwolf84 09-12-2021 03:00 PM

EBGames is best, especially with the Edge discount.
I’ve shopped from ToySnowman and DJCCollectibles, and both have been incredible with shipping and customer service. Both have frequent sales as well.

idcrisis 09-12-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 134535)
It's a mix of both. If you go back a page and read the forum page username prime linked you'll have an idea of what kind of business he runs.

I made payment with cc and they apparently won't reverse the charge since it's been more than 60 days past the transaction dates. Guess I'm SOL so fingers crossed.

Zeroflamez 09-12-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idcrisis (Post 134543)
I made payment with cc and they apparently won't reverse the charge since it's been more than 60 days past the transaction dates. Guess I'm SOL so fingers crossed.

Who is they? NMC or your CC company? Cause people were able to do a charge back well over 60 days from the transaction date after they got fed up with NMC.

idcrisis 09-12-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 134544)
Who is they? NMC or your CC company? Cause people were able to do a charge back well over 60 days from the transaction date after they got fed up with NMC.

CC. Rogers bank specifically.

ghostlurk29 09-12-2021 05:18 PM

Online options for collecting in Canada are too limited to be burning bridges (especially ones with free shipping). I think it's a bad idea to do a charge-back unless you have cause to do so.

ssjgoku22 09-12-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 134544)

Not every bank is the same for chargebacks. Some do 60 days, some 90, others 180. Paypal is 180 days.

Zeroflamez 09-12-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 134549)
Not every bank is the same for chargebacks. Some do 60 days, some 90, others 180. Paypal is 180 days.

Pay Pal isn't a bank and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can successfully do a charge back after the 60-120 days if you have proof that the seller isn't holding up their end of the transaction. So if OP doesn't get his figures after the expected ETA and NMC idiot refuses to refund (which he will) he has a good case if he has email proof to provide

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 (Post 134548)
Online options for collecting in Canada are too limited to be burning bridges (especially ones with free shipping). I think it's a bad idea to do a charge-back unless you have cause to do so.

But why support crappy business practice? Even if options are limited I don't think it's worth dealing with the BS

DrBlackcoat 09-12-2021 09:09 PM

I have used Northman collectibles twice. The first time was a nightmare. I preordered Psylocke and archangel from him to support a Canadian business. Neither item ever came in. He blamed hasbro and wouldn’t refund me so I took store credit and picked up some other figures. The whole process was so bad. He was rude and acted like an asshole. I used him again years later after he rebranded to NMC to get a figure I couldn’t find anywhere else at a great price. The second time was hassle free. EB games has been unreal for me in BC. They call for preorders and everything is hassle free with them.

cli1ck 09-12-2021 09:17 PM

Since we're doing NMC complaints, I preordered TMNT Ultimates Leonardo and haven't gotten any word at all. No updates, no nothing. The website still says ETA 02-2021
I get that shipping is crazy right now, but at the very least I expect some kind of update on why i've been waiting half a year passed the expected date, added to the fact that TMNT Ultimates are releasing Wave 3 right now..
I regret ordering Mikey with them too

ViktorVonGloom 09-12-2021 11:02 PM

Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

I got my Super7 Bebop from NMC. They just posted a new message on their Facebook and they just got invoiced by Super7 and will be shipping soon.

As for Leo, that was wave 2. You need to contact support or message them on Facebook.

kentf 09-13-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cli1ck (Post 134555)
Since we're doing NMC complaints, I preordered TMNT Ultimates Leonardo and haven't gotten any word at all. No updates, no nothing. The website still says ETA 02-2021
I get that shipping is crazy right now, but at the very least I expect some kind of update on why i've been waiting half a year passed the expected date, added to the fact that TMNT Ultimates are releasing Wave 3 right now..
I regret ordering Mikey with them too

Yeah, he’s totally fucking with you. I pre-ordered the Super 7 Leo (among other things) and months after they arrived in then hands of other Canadian suppliers/customers I still didn’t have mine. I finally did a Visa chargeback after months of him not replying to my messages, even getting to the point where I told him I’d be going through my credit card company if he doesn’t reply. Here is a copy/paste of part of the reply he sent when he realized I escalated and actually followed up on my work to file a claim with my credit card company.

"If you think I'm going to ship you the bebop and leonardo that arrived and are impossible to find anywhere now let alone the thundercats replacement pieces that arrived alongside them after you just cost us a 20$ chargeback fee, screwed us on the payment processing fee, circumvented our support queue, and left us hanging on the in-stock items? I've got some bad news for you.

Your information has been recorded and your account banned until you close this chargeback and reimburse us for the lost funds. Only at that point will I consider fulfilling these items and issuing the replacement pieces."

He’s an unhinged clown. Do whatever you can to get your money back and never use him again. I even forwarded all my correspondence with him to Super7 and they said they were going to take note and escalate on their end, because S7’s records showed that he signed for the shipment at the start of 2021. I was rightfully entitled to the Thundercats replacement parts but he was holding them hostage (and allegedly selling them parted out in stores). Can’t think Super7 was very stoked about that, either.

If the NMC clown is reading this: you’re a joke, buddy.

ssjgoku22 09-13-2021 02:05 AM

Yeah, don't believe any of the bull NMC gives. I've had a few run-in's with him in the past and it never was a good experience. Right now he's blaming Covid for the majority of his "supply issues", but every small retailer is going through the same situation and they are still able to get customers their orders within a reasonable amount of time. The NMC owner has been pulling this crap well before Covid, so don't let him fool you. He's also buying good reviews right now from his customers (using discount promotions etc.) in an effort to remove the negative feedback given by previous customers.

I currently have an order in limbo with him. I waited too long to initiate a chargeback for an order last year for a preorder that was never fulfilled, so after MANY back-and-forth emails with him, I received store credit. I finally decided to use the store credit at the end of July of this year to order something, but he still has not received the item. I'll give him until the end of September and if he doesn't deliver, I'll get Paypal to step in (as I used them this time instead of my credit card, so I have 180 days with PP). I don't feel sympathy for this guy because I know, as a fact, that he is a liar.

DubbaDee 09-13-2021 08:23 AM

Pre-ordered a bunch of stuff last summer after seeing their 4.4/5 score on Google, and I wish I had actually read the reviews first.

I experienced all the greatest hits: 6 months with no word on anything as hundreds of dollars were already paid, seeing the product show up in stores and on Amazon for weeks/months, multiple emails without a response, shitty & combative attitude, excuses and no accountability, offering store credit instead of refunds, etc. etc. etc.

Don't know how they are with actual in-stock items, but I sure as hell don't plan on finding out.

Scenario 09-13-2021 08:31 AM

Never do business with NMC. I learned my lesson after making 2 orders in 2020 that were suppose to arrive in January 2021. Took a chance on a Canadian retailer after seeing good reviews on google. After waiting a few months, I started inquiring about them after reading about some of the horror stories others have gone through on another websites forums. Then the condescending emails started. So I just contacted my CC company and they did a reversal. Never again.

ViktorVonGloom 09-13-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentf (Post 134560)
Yeah, he’s totally fucking with you. I pre-ordered the Super 7 Leo (among other things) and months after they arrived in then hands of other Canadian suppliers/customers I still didn’t have mine. I finally did a Visa chargeback after months of him not replying to my messages, even getting to the point where I told him I’d be going through my credit card company if he doesn’t reply. Here is a copy/paste of part of the reply he sent when he realized I escalated and actually followed up on my work to file a claim with my credit card company.

"If you think I'm going to ship you the bebop and leonardo that arrived and are impossible to find anywhere now let alone the thundercats replacement pieces that arrived alongside them after you just cost us a 20$ chargeback fee, screwed us on the payment processing fee, circumvented our support queue, and left us hanging on the in-stock items? I've got some bad news for you.

Your information has been recorded and your account banned until you close this chargeback and reimburse us for the lost funds. Only at that point will I consider fulfilling these items and issuing the replacement pieces."

He’s an unhinged clown. Do whatever you can to get your money back and never use him again. I even forwarded all my correspondence with him to Super7 and they said they were going to take note and escalate on their end, because S7’s records showed that he signed for the shipment at the start of 2021. I was rightfully entitled to the Thundercats replacement parts but he was holding them hostage (and allegedly selling them parted out in stores). Can’t think Super7 was very stoked about that, either.

If the NMC clown is reading this: you’re a joke, buddy.

He just posted on his Facebook page that he got invoiced by Super7 and is figuring out shipping. This'll be fun.

Edit: are you saying he's withholding his stock forcing the customer to use store credit and make up the figure on a marketplace instead?

Zeroflamez 09-13-2021 11:20 AM

The only indie Canadian retailers that are good to order from based on what I've heard and first hand experience is redshift7, Toy Snowman, canucktibles, Age3andup. New Wave collectibles may be ok too but I've heard nothing about them.

kentf 09-13-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViktorVonGloom (Post 134569)
He just posted on his Facebook page that he got invoiced by Super7 and is figuring out shipping. This'll be fun.

Edit: are you saying he's withholding his stock forcing the customer to use store credit and make up the figure on a marketplace instead?

Not quite sure what you mean with that last part. Either way, I was just giving my story:

- I pre-ordered S7's Bebop and Leonardo from NMC.
- Figures started hitting retailers (including Canadian retailers) in January 2021.
- In April (I think) I finally emailed asking him about the status of Bebop and Leonardo, along with the Thundercats accessory pack they should have automatically sent out due to a previous purchase. No reply.
- I emailed Super 7's customer service to inquire about the status of NMC's orders. S7 confirmed NMC had received both TMNT Wave 2 and the Thundercats booster pack months earlier.
- I sent more unanswered emails/tickets, going as far as to warn that I would be filing a chargeback with my credit card company if no reply is received by a certain date.
- Visa chargeback was approved
- NMC finally emails me back with an absolute rant of an email calling me a terrible human, admitting that they have the items in stock (but for some reason never shipped them out to me?), banning me from his store, and saying the only way I would get the items I'd previously paid for was if I apologized, cancelled the chargeback, and reimbursed him for lost costs (restocking, chargeback fees and credit card processing fees).

Too late, Loser. By that time Super 7 had already sent me a Thundercats booster pack and I was able to find another retailer who happened to have both Bebop and Leonardo still in stock.

Bottom line: stay as far away from NMC Toys as you possibly can.

Fermix 09-13-2021 11:51 AM

The owner is a complete clown. He had a coupon campaign for a while where customers who left 5 star reviews would receive a $20 off $100 coupon in an effort to bury bad reviews. It worked for a while, but negative reviews are bubbling back up. These reviews get tons of upvotes as well.

The owner is manipulative and rude. I would encourage even those who have had good experiences to not support a person that taunts and gaslights people looking for their paid product.

ViktorVonGloom 09-13-2021 11:51 AM

What's his rationale to withhold the products for so long and get bad Rep? It's utterly confusing.

Fermix 09-13-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViktorVonGloom (Post 134576)
What's his rationale to withhold the products for so long and get bad Rep? It's utterly confusing.

He's understaffed and/or has insufficient operating hours. His store used to be open only Tues-Fri 12:30pm - 7pm. I think he's open more often now, but he doesn't work to fulfill orders outside of these hours. If I knew I had hundreds of orders waiting to be filled, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.

ViktorVonGloom 09-13-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fermix (Post 134578)
He's understaffed and/or has insufficient operating hours. His store used to be open only Tues-Fri 12:30pm - 7pm. I think he's open more often now, but he doesn't work to fulfill orders outside of these hours. If I knew I had hundreds of orders waiting to be filled, I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night.

I have been to his new store and he does have tons of boxes unopened, he isn't lying when he says he has a lot to go through, but he probably needs to fast track the ones that should have been sent out or fast track any of the people that are sending emails.

ssjgoku22 09-13-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fermix (Post 134578)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViktorVonGloom (Post 134580)
I have been to his new store and he does have tons of boxes unopened, he isn't lying when he says he has a lot to go through, but he probably needs to fast track the ones that should have been sent out or fast track any of the people that are sending emails.

Totally get where you guys are coming from, but what's with all the rude and condescending emails? I sent polite emails regarding my orders to him in the past and received nothing but angry rants, sarcasm, and him trying to explain to me how supply and demand works. Also from what I've read on here and the other thread on Cybertron.ca, he's making money off people that are unable to cancel preorders.

When I placed an order with him past year, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would fulfill my order. I would send him the occasional email (once a month, not that often) inquiring about my order. It would either get unreplied to or I'd get a novel from him filled with rants and excuses. I waited over 6 months for the order and tried to cancel. He told me that would be impossible as it's been too long. Like wtf? You just need to return the money I paid you, that's it. Clearly he wasn't getting the item (to this day he still hasn't received the item because it's still showing as a preorder on the website), so why is it impossible for me to receive a refund? This is where I tried the chargeback and was refused as it was too long. My fault for waiting too long, but I was giving numb-nuts a chance because I realized things weren't the best economically at the moment. Many people have had this same issue happen to them at his store and he's banking off the fact that maybe they will wait too long to take action and he can keep their payment without providing the item (he's stated that in some of his emails that apparently he's won many Paypal cases and chargeback incidents).

Don't feel sorry for him peeps, this guy is low. As stated in earlier posts, there are a lot of other small Canadian retailers that are excellent and won't do this to you.

Zeroflamez 09-13-2021 01:38 PM

I still wonder how this guy stays in business

ViktorVonGloom 09-13-2021 01:38 PM

Yeah, the attitude is not excusable. I don't even receive emails and it's always going to the wrong email somehow, nothing is consistent.

You should not feel bad for asking questions as this is a business that you used your hard earned money on.

Destro 09-13-2021 08:55 PM

I had a similar experience with Northmen collectibles. Back in 2018 order all 4 of the 1/4 scale Neca tmnt (paid in full). Months and months past, would email Austin asking for updates which he would respond Blaming NECA supply delays, which was fine. Weeks pass again and he just stop replying to my emails all together.
I got worried that I may of got scam so I send one last email to insure I’m not doing the wrong thing. Call my CC company got all the charges reverse. That woke him up and oh boy did he give me an earful. Basically glad I never did business with him ever again. He blamed me and said I was screwing the little guy.

After reading these threads about the same guy and everyone’s experiences being similar with him.

I didn’t know he rebranded as NMC though. But yeah buyer beware of this guy.

ssjgoku22 09-13-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destro (Post 134619)
I had a similar experience with Northmen collectibles. Back in 2018 order all 4 of the 1/4 scale Neca tmnt (paid in full). Months and months past, would email Austin asking for updates which he would respond Blaming NECA supply delays, which was fine. Weeks pass again and he just stop replying to my emails all together.
I got worried that I may of got scam so I send one last email to insure I’m not doing the wrong thing. Call my CC company got all the charges reverse. That woke him up and oh boy did he give me an earful. Basically glad I never did business with him ever again. He blamed me and said I was screwing the little guy.

After reading these threads about the same guy and everyone’s experiences being similar with him.

I didn’t know he rebranded as NMC though. But yeah buyer beware of this guy.

Well if the little guy is being a little shit, then screw the little guy, lol. I feel like the rebranding was a way to cover his tracks. For some odd reason, he has both of the websites still up (nmctoys.ca and old northmen collectibles), which is quite confusing.

sixshot1981 09-13-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 134594)
I still wonder how this guy stays in business

All the orders paid in full he will never refund people for :)

The fact he has so much time to write these epic emails and not enough time to run his business kind of puts him into perspective.

I've dealt with him outside of his business and he's the exact same person there as he is in real life.

ViktorVonGloom 09-14-2021 10:33 AM

If the product never ships, then how does he charge a 10% stocking fee? He is begging to get charged back. ��

Webs 09-14-2021 04:29 PM

Is there no way to report and have this guy shut down? Surely some of these dealings are illegal, especially with multiple people saying they paid and never received their items, him flaunting the fact he keeps people's money certainly doesn't help him.

Zeroflamez 09-14-2021 07:24 PM

I think the best you can do is report to the better business bureau but I doubt they'll care enough ro do anything about a dude who owns a small toy shop ripping people off. I could be wrong though

Fermix 09-15-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeroflamez (Post 134665)
I think the best you can do is report to the better business bureau but I doubt they'll care enough ro do anything about a dude who owns a small toy shop ripping people off. I could be wrong though

I don't even think the BBB can do anything. The best we can do is share our experiences and hope that shoppers make informed decisions.

usernameprime 09-15-2021 06:33 PM

BBB is just a rating system with no legal or enforcement powers.